|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the State Department consider doing in Chapter 12?
(a) Requiring visas for Nazi officials.
(b) Evacuating all Americans from Germany.
(c) Forbidding Americans from traveling to Germany.
(d) Issuing a warning about traveling to Germany.
2. Why did Hitler order Rohm to be killed?
(a) He believed he was a homosexual.
(b) Rohm had a liaison with Martha.
(c) He believed him to be communist.
(d) Rohm wanted to leave Germany.
3. What was H. V. Kaltenborn's occupation?
(b) Radio commentator.
4. What was the German Vice-consul who came to Dodd bringing?
(a) A letter from Hitler to Roosevelt.
(b) A letter from Himmler to Roosevelt.
(c) A letter from Hitler to Dodd.
(d) A letter from Himmler to Dodd.
5. Why did Baroness Poulette von Huhn lose her job as a columnist?
(a) She criticized Hitler.
(b) Her husband was Jewish.
(c) She was a communist.
(d) She was Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Martha disturbed by in Chapter 23?
2. Who didn't believe what Hitler told Dodd about world peace?
3. Where did Hitler reassign Rohm's unit to?
4. What was Marinus van der Lubbe sentenced to?
5. What did Diels show Martha to prove the growing culture of surveillance of the Nazis regime in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Reichstag Buiilding trial provide in Chapter 22?
2. What did Dodd begin to fully realize in Chapter 16?
3. What did an article in Fortune magazine say of Dodd according to Chapter 38?
4. Who was Boris according to Chapter 14?
5. What did Putzi decide in Chapter 19?
6. What made Martha understand the horror in Germany?
7. What did Hitler plot in April and how did the Gestapo change in Chapter 36?
8. Why was Messersmith reluctant to help Diels when he asked for help in Chapter 36?
9. What did Dodd rather enjoy in Chapter 35?
10. What did Soviet superiors think of Martha in Chapter 37?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)