|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Louis Lochner's occupation?
(a) Writer for the London Times.
(b) Associated Press reporter.
(c) Radio reporter.
(d) Military attache at the U.S. embassy.
2. What was driving Boris mad, according to Chapter 25?
(a) Martha not wanting to marry him.
(b) Martha seeing other men.
(c) Martha being Christian.
(d) Martha not leaving for Russia with him.
3. Who did Martha have to thank for attending the "great Reichstag Building arson trial" according to Chapter 22?
(b) Her father.
4. Who didn't believe what Hitler told Dodd about world peace?
(b) The State Department.
5. Who did Martha date before starting to see Rudolf Diels?
(a) Nobody as she decided to leave Germany.
(b) Only German men.
(c) A flying ace, an under secretary and a biophysicist.
(d) Boris exclusively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Diels supporting in the Nazi hierarchy?
2. What were Martha and Rudolf Diels' marital status when they started seeing each other?
3. What was the German Vice-consul who came to Dodd bringing?
4. What was Herbert Packebusch's rank according to Chapter 17?
5. What did Phillips accuse Dodd of in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Boris mock and ridicule in Chapter 23?
2. How did things change rather abruptly in October 1933 according to Chapter 18?
3. What did Hitler and Dodd speak of in their meeting?
4. What did an article in Fortune magazine say of Dodd according to Chapter 38?
5. What did Dodd begin to fully realize in Chapter 16?
6. What contrast is noted between Hitler's physical presence and him speaking in Chapter 20?
7. Why was Messersmith reluctant to help Diels when he asked for help in Chapter 36?
8. Why was Diels in danger according to Chapter 34?
9. Why were the Dodds surprised in Chapter 11?
10. What happened that made Dodd lecture an officer?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)