|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did many refer to Rudolf Diels?
(a) The Prince of Death.
(b) Death Incarnate.
(c) The Man in the Hood.
(d) The Prince of Darkness.
2. What did Mowrer refer to Messersmith as before departing Germany?
3. Who did Dodd convince to not go to a Nazis Party?
(a) The ambassadors of Italy and Russia.
(b) The ambassadors of France and Italy.
(c) The ambassadors of Japan and Britain.
(d) The ambassadors of France and Britain.
4. What did Diels ask Messersmith in Chapter 36?
(a) To get his family to safety.
(b) To help him pass secret information to the U.S intelligence.
(c) To help him flee the country
(d) To meet with Goering on his behalf.
5. What was Erwin Wollstein arrested for?
(a) For making anti Nazi comments.
(b) For kicking a statue of Hitler.
(c) For stealing a Nazi flag.
(d) For loving a Jewish woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Panofsky move family members in to the top floor of the house in Chapter 16?
2. How long of a leave did Dodd ask for?
3. Who did Martha date before starting to see Rudolf Diels?
4. Why did Martha and Boris Winogradov choose to keep their relationship secret according to Chapter 14?
5. Which comment did Rohm make about Hitler that prompted him to say "We'll have to let the thing ripen"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Messersmith reluctant to help Diels when he asked for help in Chapter 36?
2. Who was Bella Fromm and why was she distracted in Chapter 26?
3. What contrast is noted between Hitler's physical presence and him speaking in Chapter 20?
4. What did Hitler send word of at a lunch?
5. What did Hitler and Dodd speak of in their meeting?
6. What did Boris mock and ridicule in Chapter 23?
7. What did Dodd realize and disturbed him in Chapter 21?
8. How did things change rather abruptly in October 1933 according to Chapter 18?
9. Who was Minister Neurath and what did Dodd warn in Chapter 15?
10. Who was Boris according to Chapter 14?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)