|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dodd surprised to see in every town and village according to Chapter 11?
(a) Pictures of von Papen.
(c) Pictures of Hitler.
(d) Nazi banners.
2. Where did Diels flee to?
3. When was Marinus van der Lubbe sentenced according to Chapter 28?
(a) January 19, 1934.
(b) January 30, 1934.
(c) January 9, 1934.
(d) January 29, 1934.
4. When did Dodd arrange a meeting with Hitler?
(a) October 9, 1933.
(b) October 8, 1933.
(c) October 17, 1933.
(d) October 1, 1933.
5. Where was Dodd going to go at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The British embassy.
(b) The Japanese embassy.
(c) The Soviet embassy.
(d) The French embassy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mowrer refer to Messersmith as before departing Germany?
2. Who did Martha have to thank for attending the "great Reichstag Building arson trial" according to Chapter 22?
3. What was Louis Lochner's occupation?
4. What was Daniel Mulvihill's occupation?
5. Why did Martha and Boris Winogradov choose to keep their relationship secret according to Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What contrast is noted between Hitler's physical presence and him speaking in Chapter 20?
2. Why were the Dodds surprised in Chapter 11?
3. What did an article in Fortune magazine say of Dodd according to Chapter 38?
4. Who was Minister Neurath and what did Dodd warn in Chapter 15?
5. What did Hitler and Dodd speak of in their meeting?
6. What did Dodd realize and disturbed him in Chapter 21?
7. Why was Diels in danger according to Chapter 34?
8. What did Dodd rather enjoy in Chapter 35?
9. What did Dachau become?
10. What were propaganda stunts according to Chapter 28?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)