|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fortune magazine refer to Dodd as in Chapter 28?
(a) A cheapskate.
(b) A good man.
(c) Man of the year.
(d) A weak man.
2. How long of a leave did Dodd ask for?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 2 months.
3. What did Diels show Martha to prove the growing culture of surveillance of the Nazis regime in Chapter 31?
(a) He played a recording of a conversation she had.
(b) He showed a live video from Hitler's office.
(c) Recording equipment in his office.
(d) He played a recording of her father.
4. What was Dodd surprised to see in every town and village according to Chapter 11?
(a) Pictures of von Papen.
(c) Nazi banners.
(d) Pictures of Hitler.
5. When was Marinus van der Lubbe sentenced according to Chapter 28?
(a) January 29, 1934.
(b) January 30, 1934.
(c) January 19, 1934.
(d) January 9, 1934.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Diels flee to?
2. What made the U.S. enter WW I, according to Dodd?
3. What was driving Boris mad, according to Chapter 25?
4. Why did Dodd start to resent Messersmith?
5. Which comment did Rohm make about Hitler that prompted him to say "We'll have to let the thing ripen"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Dodds surprised in Chapter 11?
2. How did things change rather abruptly in October 1933 according to Chapter 18?
3. What did Boris mock and ridicule in Chapter 23?
4. What did Soviet superiors think of Martha in Chapter 37?
5. What did Putzi decide in Chapter 19?
6. Who was Bella Fromm and why was she distracted in Chapter 26?
7. What happened that made Dodd lecture an officer?
8. What did Dachau become?
9. What did Hitler plot in April and how did the Gestapo change in Chapter 36?
10. What did Dodd rather enjoy in Chapter 35?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)