|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Edgar Mowrer a correspondent for according to Chapter 9?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Los Angeles Inquirer.
(d) The Chicago Daily News.
2. How many children did William E. Dodd have?
3. When was George S. Messersmith given his position?
4. Who did Mildred Fish Harnack develop a friendship with?
(a) Rudolf Diels.
(c) Dodd's wife.
5. When did American and German abuse start?
(a) After Hindenburg's election.
(b) 3 years after Hitler took power.
(c) At the end of WWI.
(d) When Hitler was made Chancellor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Martha and many Americans according to Chapter 5?
2. How old was Joseph Schachno at the start of the Introduction?
3. When did Franklin D. Roosevelt contact William E. Dodd in Chapter 2?
4. What prize did Fritz Haber receive?
5. Who did William E. Dodd meet with before going to Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had been named German chancellor?
2. Who was George S. Messersmith?
3. What did Messersmith want from a new Ambassador to Germany?
4. Who was Alfred Panofsky, and what was his intention in Chapter 10?
5. Who was Ernst Hanfstaengl in Chapter 8?
6. What was the charge against Schachno?
7. What would soon open in a nearby building?
8. How did the American consulates feel?
9. What became a new presence?
10. Why did Schachno appear at the American consulate?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)