|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ernst Hanfstaengl's position in the Nazi Party according to Chapter 8?
(a) Gestapo Chief.
(b) Reigh Police cheif.
(c) Foreign Press Chief.
(d) Goering Chief of Staff.
2. Where was William E. Dodd employed?
(a) University of Chicago.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Penn State.
(d) University of Georgia.
3. What was Gleichschaltung's translation?
4. When was George S. Messersmith given his position?
5. What was George S. Messersmith's position?
(a) Consulat Physician.
(b) Consulate security officer.
(c) Communication officer for the General Consul.
(d) Consul General for Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did William E. Dodd reach Germany?
2. Where was Joseph Schachno's skin flayed?
3. Where was Edgar Mowrer transferred to in Chapter 9?
4. Who did Mildred Fish Harnack develop a friendship with?
5. What were Martha and many Americans according to Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Joseph Schachno from, according to the Introduction?
2. What did Germans call their campaign?
3. What were William and Martha like according to Chapter 3?
4. What did Messersmith want from a new Ambassador to Germany?
5. When Dodd traveled to Washington, D.C. what did FDR speak about in Chapter 4?
6. What was the charge against Schachno?
7. What happened despite not having evidence?
8. Who was Edgar Mowrer and why was he deeply disappointed according to Chapter 9?
9. Why was FDR not speaking out about the growing violence against the Jews?
10. Who was Alfred Panofsky, and what was his intention in Chapter 10?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)