|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Martha maintain strong support for?
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) Her father.
2. What was Baroness Poulette von Huhn's official cause of death?
3. What did Dodd encourage the State Department officials to do?
(a) Spend money on parties.
(b) Live frugally.
(c) Get him a raise.
(d) Try to spy on other countries.
4. What did the "great Reichstag Building arson trial" prove to the world?
(a) That Goering was a fool.
(b) That Trials were free in Germany.
(c) That the Third Reich fixed the outcome of trials.
(d) That Hitler didn't like Communists.
5. What was Neurath's position in the German government according to Chapter 15?
(a) Foreign Minister.
(b) Propaganda Minister.
(c) Transport Minister.
(d) Communication Minister.
6. When was Hitler's referendum on Hitler's foreign policies according to Chapter 24?
(a) November 12th.
(b) November 15th.
(c) November 19th.
(d) November 18th.
7. Where did Diels flee to?
8. Which comment did Rohm make about Hitler that prompted him to say "We'll have to let the thing ripen"?
(a) That Hitler wanted to kill him.
(b) That Germany would be better off if it were free of Hitler.
(c) That France's military was weak.
(d) That Russia needed to give up land to Germany.
9. Who took over the Gestapo after Diels?
10. Where did Hitler reassign Rohm's unit to?
(a) Border control.
(d) Reichstag security.
11. What was Marinus van der Lubbe sentenced to?
(a) Life in prison.
(c) 20 years hard labor.
12. Why did Panofsky move family members in to the top floor of the house in Chapter 16?
(a) To protect them from the Nazis.
(b) Their house was burned down.
(c) He wanted someone to share the rent.
(d) They just immigrated from France.
13. What was the German Vice-consul who came to Dodd bringing?
(a) A letter from Himmler to Roosevelt.
(b) A letter from Himmler to Dodd.
(c) A letter from Hitler to Roosevelt.
(d) A letter from Hitler to Dodd.
14. Who prevented the police from conducting a real investigation according to the defense ?
15. Who did Martha have to thank for attending the "great Reichstag Building arson trial" according to Chapter 22?
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long of a leave did Dodd ask for?
2. What was Phillips' position in the U.S government?
3. What was disturbing to Dodd according to Chapter 21?
4. What did Dodd feel was wasted in Chapter 12?
5. Who was being blamed for starting the Reichstag fire?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)