1. Where was Joseph Schachno from, according to the Introduction?
According to the Introduction, Joseph Schachno was from New York, but was practicing medicine in Berlin.
2. Why did Schachno appear at the American consulate?
Schachno appeared at the American consulate to be examined as the skin was flayed from much of his body after being beaten with whips.
3. How did the American consulates feel?
The American consulates felt appalled by Schachno being brutalized.
4. What was the charge against Schachno?
The charge against Schachno was that he was an enemy of the state. In the middle of the night, he was visited by a squad of men in uniforms and was held for several days.
5. What happened despite not having evidence?
Despite not having evidence of any crime, Schachno was beaten mercilessly.
6. Who had been named German chancellor?
Adolf Hitler had been named the German chancellor.
This section contains 2,746 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)