|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: House Hunting in the Third Reich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Schachno wait before going to the consulate after the beating?
(a) A week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
2. What did Messersmith know the new Ambassador had to have?
(a) A forceful character.
(c) A good grasp of the German situation.
(d) A good poker face.
3. How did George S. Messersmith feel in his campaign?
(a) Supported by the Ambassador.
(b) Supported by the Amrican public.
(c) Supported by the State Department.
4. Who was Edgar Mowrer a correspondent for according to Chapter 9?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Chicago Daily News.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Los Angeles Inquirer.
5. How long had William E. Dodd held his position at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) A decade.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Frederic M. Sackett leave his post as U.S. Ambassador in Germany?
2. What was Mildred Fish Harnack a representative of?
3. Where did Schachno go to after he was beaten?
4. What was the Tiergarten an answer to?
5. What were the Storm Troopers part of?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)