|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: House Hunting in the Third Reich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the new Ambassador vow to lead a modest life in Berlin?
(a) He wanted to teach a lesson to his children.
(b) He wanted to impress Hitler.
(c) In support of his fellow Americans hit by the Depression.
(d) He wanted to save money for his retirement.
2. Where was Schachno beaten?
(a) In his house.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the uniformed men's headquarters.
(d) In a local church.
3. Why did Edgar Mowrer see a Jewish doctor every two weeks?
(a) To give Jews necessary medication.
(b) For back problems.
(c) To pass information about Nazi activity.
(d) To organize the fleeing of German Jews.
4. What did Konstantin Neurath think he could do?
(a) Criticize Hitler.
(b) Control Hitler and the Nazis.
(c) Take over the presidency.
(d) Leave Germany.
5. How did George S. Messersmith feel in his campaign?
(a) Supported by the State Department.
(b) Supported by the Ambassador.
(d) Supported by the Amrican public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joseph Schachno from?
2. What did people in America think of the treatment of the Jews by Germany?
3. How old was Joseph Schachno at the start of the Introduction?
4. How long did Schachno wait before going to the consulate after the beating?
5. What did William E. Dodd want to stay out of according to Chapter 5?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)