|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Into the Wood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Schachno do before going to the consulate?
(a) Go to the hospital.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Lay in bed.
(d) Go press charges against the attackers.
2. What did Roosevelt tell William E. Dodd was not a U.S. affair?
(a) Anti-Soviet laws.
(b) German obsession with racial purity.
(c) The way Jews were treated in Germany.
(d) The German Army reconstruction.
3. Where was Joseph Schachno's skin flayed?
(a) On his back.
(b) On his face.
(c) On his legs.
(d) On most of his body.
4. What did Messersmith know the new Ambassador had to have?
(a) A good grasp of the German situation.
(c) A forceful character.
(d) A good poker face.
5. How old was William E. Dodd at the start of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose biography did William E. Dodd write?
2. Who did William E. Dodd often talk to on board the ship to Germany?
3. What were Martha and many Americans according to Chapter 5?
4. What was Martha curious of on the way to their hotel?
5. What was the brand of the car of the new ambassador?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)