|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Into the Wood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Franklin D. Roosevelt's most difficult jobs after being elected according to Chapter 2?
(a) Find a security chief for Germany.
(b) Find an interpreter for Germany.
(c) Find an ambassador for Germany.
(d) Find the SAS chief for Germany.
2. What was crucial for William E. Dodd to do in Germany according to Chapter 4?
(a) Prevent Hitler from persecuting the Jews.
(b) Prevent Hitler from killing Hindenburg.
(c) Prevent Hitler from building an army.
(d) Prevent a moratorium by Germany on its debt.
3. What building was Joseph Schachno visiting at the start of the Introduction?
(a) The American Consulate.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His home.
(d) Police headquarters.
4. What was the only thing that Hitler and his men understood, according to Messersmith?
5. What was George S. Messersmith's campaign?
(a) Warn the world about Hitler.
(b) Get American investments for Germany.
(c) Try to befriend Hitler to avoid war.
(d) Protect the Jews of Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had William E. Dodd held his position at the start of Chapter 1?
2. How did George S. Messersmith feel in his campaign?
3. What was Joseph Schachno beaten with?
4. Who did Schachno flee his home with after he was beaten?
5. What was the Tiergarten an answer to?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)