Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bird ask the man?
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
3. What happened to the world as time passed?
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
5. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the woman's children born?
2. Who was Phan Ku?
3. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
4. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
5. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
6. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
7. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
8. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
9. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
10. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
Both the raven in chapter one and Quat the Creator in chapter two design the earth to please mankind. What are some of the creations they make to please man? What does this say about these gods? What does it tell the reader about how they feel toward man?
The female characters in these stories fall into two distinct categories: mother and shrew.
1) Which stories feature females as mothers? Are these women considered to be the creator gods?
2) Which stories feature females as shrews? What is often the result of their misbehavior?
What do these myths tell the reader about the role of women in these cultures?
Many of the creation myths presented in the book begin with water covering the earth. Why do you think this is? How is dry land created in the stories? Why is dry land created in the stories?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)