|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Old Man determine would happen to people?
2. Why did Quat create chirping birds?
3. Who is Phan Ku?
4. What did Sa tell Alatangana to do with his children?
5. Who is Alatangana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Phan Ku?
2. How did the woman and child come into being?
3. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
4. Why was Sa upset when Alatangana married his daughter?
5. Why didn't Quat the Fools puppets turn out like his brother's six puppets?
6. Why did Sa turn down Alatangana's marriage proposal?
7. Describe the first man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one.
8. Who is the Old Man in chapter five?
9. How did Quat the Fool create death?
10. How were Quat and his brothers created in chapter two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What cultural values can be gleaned from the stories? Which are values that encourage certain behaviors? Which are values that discourage certain behaviors? How can you tell? Provide examples to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the twin gods in chapter eight with the twin gods in chapter eleven.
How are they alike?
How are they different?
What is the relationship like between Mawu and Lisa?
What is the relationship like between Tawis-karong and Tijus-keha?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the creation myths presented in the book begin with water covering the earth. Why do you think this is? How is dry land created in the stories? Why is dry land created in the stories?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)