Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bird ask the man?
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
3. What happened to the world as time passed?
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
5. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the woman's children born?
2. Who was Phan Ku?
3. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
4. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
5. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
6. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
7. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
8. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
9. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
10. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
Essay Topic 1
Which stories involve a trickster? What are the characteristics of a trickster? How do things usually end up for the trickster? Give examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the story of Sa and Alatangana (chapter three) attempt to explain the different cultures, languages and races that populate the earth? Are these differences considered good or bad? Provide details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Are the gods in the stories omnipotent? Which ones are and which are not? How can you tell? Provide specific examples from the text. Analyze at least three stories in your answer.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)