|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the dawn?
2. What did Quat use to cut a hole in the Night?
3. What was different about six of Alatangana's children?
4. How many women were created by Quat?
5. How did he feel while moving across the soft ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
2. What did the woman want the Old Man to decide?
3. What did Quat create after he traveled to the far edge of the sky?
4. What were Alatangana's children like?
5. Describe the first man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one.
6. Why was Sa upset when Alatangana married his daughter?
7. Who is the Old Man in chapter five?
8. What did the man think about the sheep the raven created?
9. How were Quat and his brothers created in chapter two?
10. Why did the raven create the sheep and other animals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the stories feature sets of twins. Might twins be considered special or magical in certain cultures? Why or why not? Are the twins presented in the stories good? Evil? Both? Neither?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the creation myths presented in the book begin with water covering the earth. Why do you think this is? How is dry land created in the stories? Why is dry land created in the stories?
Essay Topic 3
The gods in each story have different relationships with man. What are some of the relationships between god and man presented in the stories? Are these positive relationships? Personal relationships?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)