|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Old Man determine would happen to people?
2. What does Phan Ku have on his head?
3. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
4. Who is Alatangana?
5. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wulbari upset in the beginning of chapter ten?
2. What were Alatangana's children like?
3. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
4. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
5. What did the woman want the Old Man to decide?
6. How were the woman's children born?
7. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
8. What does the Creator look like in chapter one?
9. Why did Earth Starter create a lake for the people of the earth?
10. How were Quat and his brothers created in chapter two?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the stories feature sets of twins. Might twins be considered special or magical in certain cultures? Why or why not? Are the twins presented in the stories good? Evil? Both? Neither?
Essay Topic 2
How does the story of Sa and Alatangana (chapter three) attempt to explain the different cultures, languages and races that populate the earth? Are these differences considered good or bad? Provide details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What cultural values can be gleaned from the stories? Which are values that encourage certain behaviors? Which are values that discourage certain behaviors? How can you tell? Provide examples to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)