Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bird ask the man?
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
3. What happened to the world as time passed?
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
5. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the woman's children born?
2. Who was Phan Ku?
3. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
4. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
5. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
6. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
7. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
8. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
9. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
10. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
Essay Topic 1
The story of Karora is an imperfect creation story. What does this mean? Why is the the creation imperfect? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the stories feature sets of twins. Might twins be considered special or magical in certain cultures? Why or why not? Are the twins presented in the stories good? Evil? Both? Neither?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast some of the stories of Wulbari (chapter ten) and Nyambi (chapter twelve).
How are the gods similar?
How are the gods different?
Who is Wulbari's nemesis?
Who is Nyambi's nemesis?
What are some similarities between the stories?
What are some differences between the stories?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)