|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were nine of the brothers named after?
2. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
3. What created human suffering?
4. What does Phan Ku have on his head?
5. What did the bird ask the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Phan Ku's body contribute to the creation of the world?
2. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
3. What does the Creator look like in chapter one?
4. Describe the first man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one.
5. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
6. What did the woman want the Old Man to decide?
7. How was the earth created in chapter eleven?
8. What happened after Karora burst from the ground?
9. How did Karora and the Bandicoots create man?
10. Describe Sa's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The gods in each story have different relationships with man. What are some of the relationships between god and man presented in the stories? Are these positive relationships? Personal relationships?
Essay Topic 2
How do the stories deal with fate vs. free will? Are the people created int he different stories under the god(s) control? Do they have free will? Examine at least three of stories in your answer and provide details from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast some of the stories of Wulbari (chapter ten) and Nyambi (chapter twelve).
How are the gods similar?
How are the gods different?
Who is Wulbari's nemesis?
Who is Nyambi's nemesis?
What are some similarities between the stories?
What are some differences between the stories?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)