Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bird ask the man?
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
3. What happened to the world as time passed?
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
5. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the woman's children born?
2. Who was Phan Ku?
3. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
4. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
5. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
6. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
7. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
8. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
9. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
10. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the creation myths presented in the book begin with water covering the earth. Why do you think this is? How is dry land created in the stories? Why is dry land created in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Why do cultures have a need to explain the origins of man, the earth and the heavens? How do the stories presented in the book help to explain these things? Give specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Often the sun and moon are seen as opposites. One is said to exist before the other.
1) Which stories begin with darkness?
2) Which stories begin with light?
3) Do more stories begin with darkness or with light? Why might this be?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)