Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bird ask the man?
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
3. What happened to the world as time passed?
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
5. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the woman's children born?
2. Who was Phan Ku?
3. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
4. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
5. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
6. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
7. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
8. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
9. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
10. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
Compare the Earth Starter myth in chapter seven with the Divine Woman myth in chapter eleven. How are these myths similar? Where are the cultures who tell these myths located? Why might their stories be similar?
Many of the creation myths presented in the book begin with water covering the earth. Why do you think this is? How is dry land created in the stories? Why is dry land created in the stories?
Many of the myths blame the creation of death on an individual or a group of individuals.
1) Which stories blame humankind for death?
2) Which stories blame women for death?
3) Which stories blame another god for death?
What does this say about the culture's attitude towards death. For example: Is it something man is to blame for? Is it something that is out of their control? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)