Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bird ask the man?
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
3. What happened to the world as time passed?
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
5. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the woman's children born?
2. Who was Phan Ku?
3. What happened while Maidere was seeking Ulgen's help?
4. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
5. What did Alatangana think about Sa's home?
6. What is the death rattle, and what effect does it have on people?
7. How many gods are responsible for creation in chapter three?
8. What did Tawis-karong do to the animals he created?
9. What did the seer tell Nayambi to do to the spider that helped him escape?
10. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
Many of the myths blame the creation of death on an individual or a group of individuals.
1) Which stories blame humankind for death?
2) Which stories blame women for death?
3) Which stories blame another god for death?
What does this say about the culture's attitude towards death. For example: Is it something man is to blame for? Is it something that is out of their control? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Which stories involve a trickster? What are the characteristics of a trickster? How do things usually end up for the trickster? Give examples from the text in your answer.
What cultural values can be gleaned from the stories? Which are values that encourage certain behaviors? Which are values that discourage certain behaviors? How can you tell? Provide examples to support your conclusions.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)