|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the raven use to create mountain sheep?
2. What did Quat's brothers think was happening when they began to feel sleepy?
3. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
4. Why did Ra create an endless sea of mud?
5. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one.
2. What curse did Sa put on Alatangana's children?
3. What were Alatangana's children like?
4. What happens to man and the world as time passes in this story?
5. Who was Phan Ku?
6. What did Phan Ku look like?
7. What did the woman want the Old Man to decide?
8. Who were the first men created by Quat and what were they made of?
9. How were Quat and his brothers created in chapter two?
10. What did Quat create after he traveled to the far edge of the sky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the creation myths presented in the book begin with water covering the earth. Why do you think this is? How is dry land created in the stories? Why is dry land created in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
The story of Karora is an imperfect creation story. What does this mean? Why is the the creation imperfect? Provide examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What cultural values can be gleaned from the stories? Which are values that encourage certain behaviors? Which are values that discourage certain behaviors? How can you tell? Provide examples to support your conclusions.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)