|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
(a) An ax.
(b) A chisel.
(c) His breath.
(d) A sword.
2. How was Death created?
(a) Death was not created in this story.
(b) Quat's brother created puppets but let them rot.
(c) Quat was killed by his brother.
(d) Tangaro the Wise stopped playing with puppets.
3. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
(b) The Lower Creator.
(c) Phan Ku.
(d) Me King.
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
(a) Because the children moved to different parts of the earth.
(b) Because Alatangana banished his children.
(c) Because Ra kidnapped all of the children.
(d) Because each child was given a kingdom.
5. How did he feel while moving across the soft ground?
6. What did he make a mother and child out of?
7. What were the first men constructed to be?
8. How many sons did she have?
9. Who did Death live with?
(a) His wife and daughter.
(b) His mother and son.
(c) His father.
(d) His daugther and brother.
10. What did the Old Man discover when he came to visit them each day?
(a) That they had changed a little.
(b) That they were the same as the day before.
(c) That they were growing old.
(d) That they were getting sick.
11. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
(a) To a small creek.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To a great lake.
12. What did the Old Man throw into the water to determine if the woman and child would live forever?
(b) A stone.
(c) The baby.
(d) Buffalo chips.
13. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
(a) He coveted the house.
(b) He loved the house.
(c) He thought it was too small.
(d) He thought it was too dark.
14. Who made the Earth?
15. What culture does the myth of Phan Ku come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's creations?
2. What did the man think of the sheep?
3. Why did the raven make more sheep?
4. What did Quat's brothers think was happening when they began to feel sleepy?
5. Who created the dawn?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)