|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were nine of the brothers named after?
(b) Tea leaves.
(d) Tree leaves.
2. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
3. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
(a) A sharp whistle.
(b) A Rattlesnake.
(c) The death rattle.
(d) A crow cry.
4. Who created death?
(a) The mother.
(b) The Creator.
(c) The Fool.
(d) The Wise.
5. Where did the story of Quat come from?
(a) The Bank Islands.
(d) The Easter Islands.
6. What did Quat make the first men from?
(b) The sky.
(c) A tree.
(d) A river.
7. Why did the raven make more sheep?
(a) The raven did not make more sheep.
(b) Because the man liked them.
(c) Because the raven liked them.
(d) So the pea pod people could eat.
8. What did the man think of the sheep?
(a) He thought they looked good to eat.
(b) He was intrigued by them.
(c) He was scared of them.
(d) He wanted to own them.
9. What happened when Phan Ku died?
(a) Death was created.
(b) The earth was made complete.
(c) The sun grew brighter.
(d) The moon formed.
10. How many years did Phan Ku live?
11. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
(a) The buffalo.
(b) The Old Man.
(d) Phan Ku.
12. What was different about six of Alatangana's children?
(a) They were white.
(b) They were black.
(c) They were boys.
(d) They were girls.
13. How many people did Quat make?
14. According to the story, why is there a separation between the races?
(a) Because there are so many different kingdoms.
(b) Because of Alatangana's istructions.
(c) Because of Sa's instructions.
(d) Because there are so many languages.
15. When did Quat tell his brothers they should sleep?
(a) When the day was hot.
(b) When it was dark.
(c) When the sun came up.
(d) When it was winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the dawn?
2. How was Death created?
3. What did Alatangana ask Sa to give him?
4. What is the name of the being inside the universe?
5. How did the drink make him feel inside?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)