|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phan Ku have on his head?
(c) A halo.
2. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
(a) Phan Ku.
(c) The buffalo.
(d) The Old Man.
3. According to the story, why is there a separation between the races?
(a) Because of Alatangana's istructions.
(b) Because there are so many different kingdoms.
(c) Because of Sa's instructions.
(d) Because there are so many languages.
4. What did the Old Man determine would happen to people?
(a) They would become sick, but they would live.
(b) They would determine their own lifespans.
(c) They would die.
(d) They would live forever.
5. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
6. What is the name of the great mass inside the egg?
(a) It is called Phan Ku.
(b) It is called No Thing.
(c) It is called the Pod.
(d) It is called Nothing.
7. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
(a) There would never be another woman.
(b) People would live forever.
(c) There would be an end to people.
(d) People would live only ten years.
8. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
(a) Because Ra kidnapped all of the children.
(b) Because Alatangana banished his children.
(c) Because each child was given a kingdom.
(d) Because the children moved to different parts of the earth.
9. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
(a) The death rattle.
(b) A crow cry.
(c) A Rattlesnake.
(d) A sharp whistle.
10. What culture does the Pea-Pod Man come from?
(a) Native American culture.
(b) French culture.
(c) Spanish culture.
(d) Eskimo culture.
11. Who did Death live with?
(a) His daugther and brother.
(b) His wife and daughter.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother and son.
12. What did the raven use to create mountain sheep?
13. How many couples were formed from the first people created by Quat?
14. How many women were created by Quat?
15. Where did Quat sail to create night?
(a) To the edge of the ocean.
(b) To the end of the earth.
(c) To the moon.
(d) To the far edge of the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the man wait for the raven to return?
2. What did Quat make the first men from?
3. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
4. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
5. What did Alatangana ask Sa to give him?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)