|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Quat make the first men from?
(a) The sky.
(b) A tree.
(c) A river.
2. What is the shape of the universe in chapter 4?
(a) A flower.
(b) An apple.
(c) A pea pod.
(d) A hen's egg.
3. According to the story, why is there a separation between the races?
(a) Because there are so many languages.
(b) Because there are so many different kingdoms.
(c) Because of Sa's instructions.
(d) Because of Alatangana's istructions.
4. What type of god is the raven?
(a) A wiley god.
(b) A sad god.
(c) A lenient god.
(d) A wrathful god.
5. Which culture does the myth of the Old Man come from?
(a) The Powhatan Indians.
(b) The Navajo Indians.
(c) The Blackfoot Indians.
(d) The Iriquois Indians.
6. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
(a) Sa's wife.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
7. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
(a) An ax.
(b) His breath.
(c) A chisel.
(d) A sword.
8. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
(a) One of Quat's brothers.
(b) Quat's father.
(c) One of Quat's sisters.
(d) The sun god.
9. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
(a) Because Ra kidnapped all of the children.
(b) Because Alatangana banished his children.
(c) Because each child was given a kingdom.
(d) Because the children moved to different parts of the earth.
10. What did he drink from?
(a) A coconut.
(b) A ladel.
(c) A pool of cool water.
(d) A stream of water.
11. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
(a) They wanted to punish their father for leaving their mother.
(b) Sa had punished Alatangana for taking his daughter away.
(c) They were born in the town of Babel.
(d) Sa's wife spoke many different languages.
12. What did he make a mother and child out of?
13. Who created the dawn?
(a) The Fool.
14. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
(a) He thought it was too small.
(b) He coveted the house.
(c) He thought it was too dark.
(d) He loved the house.
15. How many sons did she have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many couples were formed from the first people created by Quat?
2. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
3. What was the animal made of?
4. What did the grown man fall out of in the beginning of chapter 1?
5. How many people did Quat make?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)