|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the Earth?
2. Who is Alatangana?
(a) The devil.
(b) A god.
(c) Sa's wife.
(d) A monkey.
3. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
(a) On a hill next to Sa.
(b) In a far corner of the new earth.
(c) Up high on a mountain top.
(d) In the oceans.
4. What culture does the Pea-Pod Man come from?
(a) French culture.
(b) Spanish culture.
(c) Eskimo culture.
(d) Native American culture.
5. What did the raven bring when it returned?
(a) Raspberries and heathberries.
(b) Blueberries and blackberries.
(c) A rock and water.
(d) A turtle and a snake.
6. Where did Quat sail to create night?
(a) To the edge of the ocean.
(b) To the moon.
(c) To the far edge of the sky.
(d) To the end of the earth.
7. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
8. What did the raven use to create mountain sheep?
9. What happened to the world as time passed?
(a) It began to spin.
(b) It failed.
(c) It prospered.
(d) It became polluted.
10. Why did Quat create chirping birds?
(a) To spread seeds across the earth.
(b) To raise the sun in the morning.
(c) To wake the sleeping men.
(d) To provide entertainment for men.
11. What happened when Phan Ku died?
(a) The moon formed.
(b) The earth was made complete.
(c) The sun grew brighter.
(d) Death was created.
12. What did Quat make the first men from?
(a) The sky.
(c) A river.
(d) A tree.
13. What did he make a mother and child out of?
14. What did the bird turn into?
(a) A cat.
(b) A woman.
(c) A man.
(d) A dog.
15. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
(a) He thought it was too small.
(b) He coveted the house.
(c) He thought it was too dark.
(d) He loved the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Phan Ku?
2. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
3. What were the first men constructed to be?
4. Who did the man think would also like the sheep?
5. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)