|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was different about six of Alatangana's children?
(a) They were white.
(b) They were black.
(c) They were boys.
(d) They were girls.
2. What is the name of the being inside the universe?
(a) Phan Ku.
(b) Pik Nong.
(c) The Rain.
(d) No Thing.
3. What did he make a mother and child out of?
4. What created human suffering?
(a) Phan Ku's joy.
(b) Phan Ku's brother.
(c) Phan Ku's death.
(d) Phan Ku's tears.
5. How many sons did she have?
6. Why did Ra create an endless sea of mud?
(a) So he could make animals and plants.
(b) So he could build a house.
(c) To stop the flood of waters from the ocean.
(d) To create a hard ground material.
7. What is the name of the mother in chapter 2?
8. How many women were created by Quat?
9. How did the raven create the mountain sheep?
(a) By pouring water over the clay.
(b) By using a spell.
(c) By giving them milk.
(d) By flapping his wings over them.
10. What happened to the being once it burst from the egg?
(a) He shrank to a dwarf.
(b) He turned into a baby.
(c) He became an old man.
(d) He grew into a giant.
11. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
(a) Sa wasn't ready to let his daughter go.
(b) Sa was overjoyed at the thought of their marriage.
(c) Sa wanted money in exchange for his daughter.
(d) Sa didn't understand what Alatangana saw in his daughter.
12. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
(a) A crow cry.
(b) A sharp whistle.
(c) A Rattlesnake.
(d) The death rattle.
13. What did Sa create when Alatangana ran off to marry his daughter?
(a) A death rattle.
(b) The moon.
(c) A mud house.
14. What did the raven bring when it returned?
(a) Blueberries and blackberries.
(b) Raspberries and heathberries.
(c) A rock and water.
(d) A turtle and a snake.
15. What did Quat's brothers think was happening when they began to feel sleepy?
(a) They thought they were going to sleep.
(b) They thought they were dying.
(c) They thought they were becoming puppets.
(d) They thought they were going blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
2. Where did Quat sail to create night?
3. Why did the raven make woman?
4. Who created death?
5. What were nine of the brothers named after?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)