|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the man wait for the raven to return?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six hours.
(d) A year.
2. What is the name of Quat's eleven brothers?
3. Where did the children go when they grew up?
(a) To the oceans.
(b) To Sa's house.
(c) To the endless sea of mud.
(d) To different parts of the earth.
4. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
(a) A robin.
(b) A crow.
(c) A rave.
(d) A eagle.
5. How many women were created by Quat?
6. What did the Old Man discover when he came to visit them each day?
(a) That they were growing old.
(b) That they were getting sick.
(c) That they were the same as the day before.
(d) That they had changed a little.
7. What did he drink from?
(a) A ladel.
(b) A coconut.
(c) A stream of water.
(d) A pool of cool water.
8. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
(a) A chisel.
(b) His breath.
(c) An ax.
(d) A sword.
9. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
(a) The Lower Creator.
(c) Phan Ku.
(d) Me King.
10. What did the Old Man tell the mother and child to do on the fourth day?
(a) Rise up and walk.
(b) Keep him company on his travels.
(c) Populate the earth.
11. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
(a) They wanted to punish their father for leaving their mother.
(b) They were born in the town of Babel.
(c) Sa's wife spoke many different languages.
(d) Sa had punished Alatangana for taking his daughter away.
12. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
(a) Up high on a mountain top.
(b) In the oceans.
(c) In a far corner of the new earth.
(d) On a hill next to Sa.
13. What did he make a mother and child out of?
14. How was Death created?
(a) Death was not created in this story.
(b) Quat was killed by his brother.
(c) Tangaro the Wise stopped playing with puppets.
(d) Quat's brother created puppets but let them rot.
15. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
(a) There would never be another woman.
(b) There would be an end to people.
(c) People would live only ten years.
(d) People would live forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did the raven create for the man to fear?
2. What is the name of Death in Chapter three?
3. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
4. What did the Fool do with his puppets?
5. Why did the raven make woman?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)