|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Quat the Creator?
(a) The father.
(b) The only daughter.
(c) The Fool.
(d) One of the sons.
2. How many women were created by Quat?
3. Why did Ra create an endless sea of mud?
(a) To stop the flood of waters from the ocean.
(b) So he could make animals and plants.
(c) To create a hard ground material.
(d) So he could build a house.
4. What was the dome of the sky formed from?
(a) Phan Ku's hands.
(b) Phan Ku's skull.
(c) Phan Ku's mind.
(d) Phan Ku's body.
5. Why did the raven make woman?
(a) So the man could have children.
(b) So the man would have a cook.
(c) The raven did not make woman.
(d) So the man would not be lonely.
6. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
(a) A crow cry.
(b) The death rattle.
(c) A Rattlesnake.
(d) A sharp whistle.
7. According to the story, why is there a separation between the races?
(a) Because there are so many different kingdoms.
(b) Because of Alatangana's istructions.
(c) Because of Sa's instructions.
(d) Because there are so many languages.
8. Why did Alatangana create plants and animals?
(a) He wanted company.
(b) He felt sorry for Ra's family.
(c) He thought the earth was depressing.
(d) He wanted beauty in the world.
9. What is the name of the great mass inside the egg?
(a) It is called No Thing.
(b) It is called Phan Ku.
(c) It is called the Pod.
(d) It is called Nothing.
10. What would have happened to man if the Fool had not created death?
(a) Women would not have been created.
(b) Man would have died of old age.
(c) Women would have lived while men died.
(d) Man would have lived forever.
11. What happened when Phan Ku died?
(a) The earth was made complete.
(b) Death was created.
(c) The moon formed.
(d) The sun grew brighter.
12. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's creations?
(a) He hated them.
(b) He didn't notice them.
(c) He was happy with them.
(d) He was jealous of them.
13. What were the first men constructed to be?
14. What was the animal made of?
15. Where did Quat sail to create night?
(a) To the end of the earth.
(b) To the far edge of the sky.
(c) To the moon.
(d) To the edge of the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
2. How many sons did she have?
3. How did the drink make him feel inside?
4. What culture does the Pea-Pod Man come from?
5. Which culture does the myth of the Old Man come from?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)