|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man think of the sheep?
(a) He was intrigued by them.
(b) He was scared of them.
(c) He wanted to own them.
(d) He thought they looked good to eat.
2. What did Alatangana ask Sa to give him?
(b) His home in the mud.
(c) His daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) Sheep and other animals.
3. What would have happened to man if the Fool had not created death?
(a) Women would have lived while men died.
(b) Man would have lived forever.
(c) Man would have died of old age.
(d) Women would not have been created.
4. What did he make a mother and child out of?
5. How many sons did she have?
6. What did the Old Man discover when he came to visit them each day?
(a) That they were growing old.
(b) That they were getting sick.
(c) That they were the same as the day before.
(d) That they had changed a little.
7. When did Quat begin thinking of creating man, animals and plants?
(a) As he became an old man.
(b) After his mother died.
(c) As soon as he was born.
(d) When he was married.
8. What happened when Phan Ku died?
(a) The earth was made complete.
(b) The moon formed.
(c) The sun grew brighter.
(d) Death was created.
9. What happened to the world as time passed?
(a) It failed.
(b) It began to spin.
(c) It became polluted.
(d) It prospered.
10. How many people did Quat make?
11. What were nine of the brothers named after?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) Tree leaves.
12. What were the first men constructed to be?
13. Who did Death live with?
(a) His mother and son.
(b) His daugther and brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife and daughter.
14. What is the name of Night in this story?
15. Why did the raven make more sheep?
(a) Because the raven liked them.
(b) The raven did not make more sheep.
(c) So the pea pod people could eat.
(d) Because the man liked them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the raven bring when it returned?
2. What is the name of the mother in chapter 2?
3. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
4. What did the Old Man determine would happen to people?
5. What was special about all of Alatangana's children?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)