|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
(a) A robin.
(b) A rave.
(c) A eagle.
(d) A crow.
2. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
(a) The Lower Creator.
(b) Phan Ku.
(d) Me King.
3. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's creations?
(a) He was jealous of them.
(b) He didn't notice them.
(c) He was happy with them.
(d) He hated them.
4. Who created death?
(a) The Creator.
(b) The mother.
(c) The Wise.
(d) The Fool.
5. What created human suffering?
(a) Phan Ku's brother.
(b) Phan Ku's joy.
(c) Phan Ku's death.
(d) Phan Ku's tears.
6. What culture does the myth of Phan Ku come from?
7. What happened to the being once it burst from the egg?
(a) He grew into a giant.
(b) He shrank to a dwarf.
(c) He turned into a baby.
(d) He became an old man.
8. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
(b) The Old Man.
(c) Phan Ku.
(d) The buffalo.
9. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
(a) On a hill next to Sa.
(b) Up high on a mountain top.
(c) In a far corner of the new earth.
(d) In the oceans.
10. What is the name of the being inside the universe?
(a) No Thing.
(b) The Rain.
(c) Phan Ku.
(d) Pik Nong.
11. How many couples were formed from the first people created by Quat?
12. How was Death created?
(a) Quat's brother created puppets but let them rot.
(b) Death was not created in this story.
(c) Tangaro the Wise stopped playing with puppets.
(d) Quat was killed by his brother.
13. Who made the Earth?
14. What did Quat's brothers think was happening when they began to feel sleepy?
(a) They thought they were dying.
(b) They thought they were going blind.
(c) They thought they were going to sleep.
(d) They thought they were becoming puppets.
15. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
(a) He thought it was too small.
(b) He loved the house.
(c) He thought it was too dark.
(d) He coveted the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the dome of the sky formed from?
2. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
3. What was different about six of Alatangana's children?
4. What did the Old Man determine would happen to people?
5. Why did Quat create chirping birds?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)