|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the man think would also like the sheep?
(a) The man who came from the raven.
(b) The raven.
(c) His mother.
(d) The other people growing in pea pods.
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's creations?
(a) He didn't notice them.
(b) He was jealous of them.
(c) He hated them.
(d) He was happy with them.
3. What were the first men constructed to be?
4. What was the animal made of?
5. What type of god is the raven?
(a) A wrathful god.
(b) A sad god.
(c) A lenient god.
(d) A wiley god.
6. How many sons did she have?
7. What did the grown man fall out of in the beginning of chapter 1?
(a) A pea pod.
(b) A tree.
(c) An airplane.
(d) An egg.
8. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
(a) A robin.
(b) A eagle.
(c) A rave.
(d) A crow.
9. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
(a) Sa's wife.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
10. When did Quat begin thinking of creating man, animals and plants?
(a) As soon as he was born.
(b) As he became an old man.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) When he was married.
11. How did the raven create the mountain sheep?
(a) By using a spell.
(b) By pouring water over the clay.
(c) By flapping his wings over them.
(d) By giving them milk.
12. What was the dome of the sky formed from?
(a) Phan Ku's hands.
(b) Phan Ku's body.
(c) Phan Ku's mind.
(d) Phan Ku's skull.
13. What happened to the being once it burst from the egg?
(a) He became an old man.
(b) He turned into a baby.
(c) He grew into a giant.
(d) He shrank to a dwarf.
14. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To a great lake.
(d) To a small creek.
15. Which culture does the myth of the Old Man come from?
(a) The Powhatan Indians.
(b) The Navajo Indians.
(c) The Iriquois Indians.
(d) The Blackfoot Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
2. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
3. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
4. What did he make a mother and child out of?
5. What did the bird turn into?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)