|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the man wait for the raven to return?
(a) A year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Four days.
2. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
(a) Me King.
(c) The Lower Creator.
(d) Phan Ku.
3. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
(a) People would live forever.
(b) People would live only ten years.
(c) There would be an end to people.
(d) There would never be another woman.
4. Where did the myth in chapter 3 come from?
(a) The Congo.
5. Why did Quat create chirping birds?
(a) To wake the sleeping men.
(b) To provide entertainment for men.
(c) To raise the sun in the morning.
(d) To spread seeds across the earth.
6. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
(a) He coveted the house.
(b) He thought it was too small.
(c) He loved the house.
(d) He thought it was too dark.
7. Why did the woman throw a stone in the water?
(a) She wanted to see if the rock would sink.
(b) She wanted to prove the Old Man wrong.
(c) She wasn't satisfied with the Old Man's answer.
(d) She was angry.
8. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
(a) One of Quat's sisters.
(b) One of Quat's brothers.
(c) The sun god.
(d) Quat's father.
9. What happened when Phan Ku died?
(a) The sun grew brighter.
(b) The moon formed.
(c) The earth was made complete.
(d) Death was created.
10. What is the shape of the universe in chapter 4?
(a) A hen's egg.
(b) An apple.
(c) A pea pod.
(d) A flower.
11. What did the Old Man discover when he came to visit them each day?
(a) That they were growing old.
(b) That they were the same as the day before.
(c) That they were getting sick.
(d) That they had changed a little.
12. Where did Quat sail to create night?
(a) To the moon.
(b) To the end of the earth.
(c) To the edge of the ocean.
(d) To the far edge of the sky.
13. What did the bird turn into?
(a) A man.
(b) A woman.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
14. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
(a) They wanted to punish their father for leaving their mother.
(b) They were born in the town of Babel.
(c) Sa's wife spoke many different languages.
(d) Sa had punished Alatangana for taking his daughter away.
15. Who did Death live with?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife and daughter.
(c) His mother and son.
(d) His daugther and brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
2. What did Quat make the first men from?
3. What culture does the Pea-Pod Man come from?
4. What type of god is the raven?
5. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)