|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to blame for death?
(a) The sea of mud.
(b) Sa's wife.
2. What did he make a mother and child out of?
3. What is the name of Death in Chapter three?
4. What culture does the myth of Phan Ku come from?
5. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
(a) Sa was overjoyed at the thought of their marriage.
(b) Sa wanted money in exchange for his daughter.
(c) Sa didn't understand what Alatangana saw in his daughter.
(d) Sa wasn't ready to let his daughter go.
6. Who created death?
(a) The Creator.
(b) The Fool.
(c) The Wise.
(d) The mother.
7. What is the shape of the universe in chapter 4?
(a) A pea pod.
(b) A hen's egg.
(c) A flower.
(d) An apple.
8. Who is Alatangana?
(a) Sa's wife.
(b) A monkey.
(c) The devil.
(d) A god.
9. When did Quat tell his brothers they should sleep?
(a) When the day was hot.
(b) When it was winter.
(c) When the sun came up.
(d) When it was dark.
10. What did Quat use to cut a hole in the Night?
(a) A piece of day.
(c) A star.
(d) A red stone.
11. How many years did Phan Ku live?
12. How many sons did she have?
13. What does Phan Ku have on his head?
(d) A halo.
14. Who created the dawn?
(b) The Fool.
15. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) The buffalo.
(d) Phan Ku.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the world as time passed?
2. What was special about all of Alatangana's children?
3. What did the raven bring when it returned?
4. What did he do with them after he created them?
5. What was the dome of the sky formed from?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)