|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the woman throw a stone in the water?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She wanted to see if the rock would sink.
(c) She wasn't satisfied with the Old Man's answer.
(d) She wanted to prove the Old Man wrong.
2. What culture does the myth of Phan Ku come from?
3. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
(b) The Old Man.
(c) Phan Ku.
(d) The buffalo.
4. Who created the dawn?
(c) The Fool.
5. What did he drink from?
(a) A stream of water.
(b) A coconut.
(c) A ladel.
(d) A pool of cool water.
6. Why did Ra create an endless sea of mud?
(a) To stop the flood of waters from the ocean.
(b) So he could build a house.
(c) To create a hard ground material.
(d) So he could make animals and plants.
7. What did Sa create when Alatangana ran off to marry his daughter?
(a) The moon.
(b) A mud house.
(c) A death rattle.
8. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
(a) Sa didn't understand what Alatangana saw in his daughter.
(b) Sa was overjoyed at the thought of their marriage.
(c) Sa wasn't ready to let his daughter go.
(d) Sa wanted money in exchange for his daughter.
9. What is the name of the mother in chapter 2?
10. What did the Fool do with his puppets?
(a) Drowned them in a lake.
(b) Threw them in a hole and covered them with dirt.
(c) Set them on fire and spread their ashes.
(d) Gave them to the Wise.
11. How many sons did she have?
12. What is the name of the being inside the universe?
(a) Phan Ku.
(b) No Thing.
(c) The Rain.
(d) Pik Nong.
13. Why did Quat create chirping birds?
(a) To provide entertainment for men.
(b) To raise the sun in the morning.
(c) To spread seeds across the earth.
(d) To wake the sleeping men.
14. How was Death created?
(a) Quat's brother created puppets but let them rot.
(b) Tangaro the Wise stopped playing with puppets.
(c) Quat was killed by his brother.
(d) Death was not created in this story.
15. Who is Quat the Creator?
(a) One of the sons.
(b) The father.
(c) The only daughter.
(d) The Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the man think would also like the sheep?
2. What did Alatangana ask Sa to give him?
3. Who created death?
4. What would have happened to man if the Fool had not created death?
5. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)