|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What culture does the Pea-Pod Man come from?
(a) Eskimo culture.
(b) Native American culture.
(c) Spanish culture.
(d) French culture.
2. What is the name of the great mass inside the egg?
(a) It is called No Thing.
(b) It is called the Pod.
(c) It is called Phan Ku.
(d) It is called Nothing.
3. What is the name of the mother in chapter 2?
4. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
(a) Me King.
(c) Phan Ku.
(d) The Lower Creator.
5. Why did Alatangana create plants and animals?
(a) He wanted company.
(b) He felt sorry for Ra's family.
(c) He thought the earth was depressing.
(d) He wanted beauty in the world.
6. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
(a) Quat's father.
(b) The sun god.
(c) One of Quat's sisters.
(d) One of Quat's brothers.
7. Where did the story of Quat come from?
(a) The Easter Islands.
(d) The Bank Islands.
8. What would have happened to man if the Fool had not created death?
(a) Women would have lived while men died.
(b) Man would have lived forever.
(c) Women would not have been created.
(d) Man would have died of old age.
9. What did he do with them after he created them?
(a) He put them in the sky.
(b) He gave them water.
(c) He gave them the earth.
(d) He buried them.
10. How long did the man wait for the raven to return?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six hours.
11. What did the raven bring when it returned?
(a) A turtle and a snake.
(b) A rock and water.
(c) Blueberries and blackberries.
(d) Raspberries and heathberries.
12. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
13. Who created the dawn?
(d) The Fool.
14. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
15. When did Quat begin thinking of creating man, animals and plants?
(a) After his mother died.
(b) When he was married.
(c) As soon as he was born.
(d) As he became an old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did he feel while moving across the soft ground?
2. What is the name of the being inside the universe?
3. What culture does the myth of Phan Ku come from?
4. What did Sa create when Alatangana ran off to marry his daughter?
5. What happened to the being once it burst from the egg?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)