|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Quat's eleven brothers?
2. Who is Phan Ku?
(b) The sky god.
(c) The Great Creator.
(d) The old man.
3. What did the raven use to create mountain sheep?
4. What was special about all of Alatangana's children?
(a) They each had a different talent.
(b) Each could speak to animals.
(c) They were psychic.
(d) They spoke different languages.
5. What is the name of the mother in chapter 2?
6. What did the grown man fall out of in the beginning of chapter 1?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A pea pod.
(c) An egg.
(d) A tree.
7. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
(a) There would never be another woman.
(b) People would live only ten years.
(c) People would live forever.
(d) There would be an end to people.
8. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) The buffalo.
(c) Phan Ku.
9. How long did the man wait for the raven to return?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) Four days.
10. How many people did Quat make?
11. Where did the children go when they grew up?
(a) To the endless sea of mud.
(b) To different parts of the earth.
(c) To the oceans.
(d) To Sa's house.
12. What happened when Phan Ku died?
(a) The moon formed.
(b) The sun grew brighter.
(c) Death was created.
(d) The earth was made complete.
13. What did Sa create when Alatangana ran off to marry his daughter?
(a) A mud house.
(b) A death rattle.
(c) The moon.
14. What did Sa tell Alatangana to do with his children?
(a) Have the children write down their words for all of mankind.
(b) Send a child to every different part of the world.
(c) Bring half of his children to Sa to raise.
(d) Have the white children only marry white and the black only marry black.
15. What culture does the Pea-Pod Man come from?
(a) Native American culture.
(b) French culture.
(c) Spanish culture.
(d) Eskimo culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
2. Who is Quat the Creator?
3. What were the first men constructed to be?
4. What did the bird ask the man?
5. What did the Fool do with his puppets?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)