|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the being once it burst from the egg?
(a) He became an old man.
(b) He shrank to a dwarf.
(c) He turned into a baby.
(d) He grew into a giant.
2. What did Sa create when Alatangana ran off to marry his daughter?
(b) A death rattle.
(c) The moon.
(d) A mud house.
3. Who is to blame for death?
(a) The sea of mud.
(c) Sa's wife.
4. Who is the Creator in chapter 5?
(a) The buffalo.
(c) Phan Ku.
(d) The Old Man.
5. What is the shape of the universe in chapter 4?
(a) A hen's egg.
(b) An apple.
(c) A pea pod.
(d) A flower.
6. What did he make a mother and child out of?
7. When did Quat tell his brothers they should sleep?
(a) When it was dark.
(b) When the sun came up.
(c) When the day was hot.
(d) When it was winter.
8. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
(a) A rave.
(b) A eagle.
(c) A robin.
(d) A crow.
9. What did the Old Man determine would happen to people?
(a) They would become sick, but they would live.
(b) They would determine their own lifespans.
(c) They would die.
(d) They would live forever.
10. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
(a) His breath.
(b) An ax.
(c) A sword.
(d) A chisel.
11. What is the name of Night in this story?
12. What did the bird turn into?
(a) A woman.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A man.
13. What is the name of the great mass inside the egg?
(a) It is called the Pod.
(b) It is called No Thing.
(c) It is called Nothing.
(d) It is called Phan Ku.
14. What did the Old Man tell the mother and child to do on the fourth day?
(a) Keep him company on his travels.
(c) Rise up and walk.
(d) Populate the earth.
15. What did the grown man fall out of in the beginning of chapter 1?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A tree.
(c) An egg.
(d) A pea pod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phan Ku have on his head?
2. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
3. Why didn't Alatangana like Sa's house?
4. When did Quat begin thinking of creating man, animals and plants?
5. How many couples were formed from the first people created by Quat?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)