|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the pea pod?
(a) The universe.
(b) The Pea-Pod Man.
(c) The raven.
(d) The Eskimo.
2. What were nine of the brothers named after?
(b) Tree leaves.
(c) Tea leaves.
3. What did the raven use to create mountain sheep?
4. What animal did the raven create for the man to fear?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bear.
5. Who created death?
(a) The Creator.
(b) The Wise.
(c) The mother.
(d) The Fool.
6. What is the name of the mother in chapter 2?
7. What would have happened to man if the Fool had not created death?
(a) Man would have died of old age.
(b) Women would not have been created.
(c) Man would have lived forever.
(d) Women would have lived while men died.
8. Where did Quat sail to create night?
(a) To the edge of the ocean.
(b) To the moon.
(c) To the end of the earth.
(d) To the far edge of the sky.
9. What culture does the myth of Phan Ku come from?
10. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
(a) His breath.
(b) A chisel.
(c) A sword.
(d) An ax.
11. When did Quat tell his brothers they should sleep?
(a) When it was dark.
(b) When the sun came up.
(c) When it was winter.
(d) When the day was hot.
12. Why did Quat create chirping birds?
(a) To provide entertainment for men.
(b) To spread seeds across the earth.
(c) To raise the sun in the morning.
(d) To wake the sleeping men.
13. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
(a) Phan Ku.
(b) The Lower Creator.
(c) Me King.
14. What is the shape of the universe in chapter 4?
(a) A pea pod.
(b) A flower.
(c) An apple.
(d) A hen's egg.
15. According to the story, why is there a separation between the races?
(a) Because there are so many different kingdoms.
(b) Because of Alatangana's istructions.
(c) Because there are so many languages.
(d) Because of Sa's instructions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Phan Ku died?
2. What did Sa tell Alatangana to do with his children?
3. What is the name of Night in this story?
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
5. Where did the myth in chapter 3 come from?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)