Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the bird ask the man?
(a) Where he was going.
(b) When he was leaving.
(c) Where he came from.
(d) What he knew.
2. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
(a) Sa was overjoyed at the thought of their marriage.
(b) Sa didn't understand what Alatangana saw in his daughter.
(c) Sa wanted money in exchange for his daughter.
(d) Sa wasn't ready to let his daughter go.
3. What happened to the world as time passed?
(a) It prospered.
(b) It began to spin.
(c) It failed.
(d) It became polluted.
4. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
(a) Because Ra kidnapped all of the children.
(b) Because each child was given a kingdom.
(c) Because the children moved to different parts of the earth.
(d) Because Alatangana banished his children.
5. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
6. What did Quat's brothers think was happening when they began to feel sleepy?
(a) They thought they were dying.
(b) They thought they were going to sleep.
(c) They thought they were becoming puppets.
(d) They thought they were going blind.
7. Where did the story of Quat come from?
(a) The Bank Islands.
(c) The Easter Islands.
8. Where did Alatangana and his wife live?
(a) Up high on a mountain top.
(b) In a far corner of the new earth.
(c) On a hill next to Sa.
(d) In the oceans.
9. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
(a) His breath.
(b) A sword.
(c) A chisel.
(d) An ax.
10. Who made the Earth?
11. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
(a) People would live forever.
(b) There would never be another woman.
(c) There would be an end to people.
(d) People would live only ten years.
12. What is the name of Death in Chapter three?
13. What is the name of Night in this story?
14. How did the drink make him feel inside?
15. What happened to the being once it burst from the egg?
(a) He became an old man.
(b) He grew into a giant.
(c) He turned into a baby.
(d) He shrank to a dwarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was different about six of Alatangana's children?
2. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
3. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
4. What were nine of the brothers named after?
5. What did the grown man fall out of in the beginning of chapter 1?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)