|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created death?
(a) The mother.
(b) The Wise.
(c) The Creator.
(d) The Fool.
2. Why did the raven make woman?
(a) So the man would have a cook.
(b) So the man would not be lonely.
(c) So the man could have children.
(d) The raven did not make woman.
3. When did Quat tell his brothers they should sleep?
(a) When the sun came up.
(b) When it was dark.
(c) When the day was hot.
(d) When it was winter.
4. What did the Old Man tell the mother and child to do on the fourth day?
(a) Populate the earth.
(b) Keep him company on his travels.
(d) Rise up and walk.
5. What did the Old Man determine would happen to people?
(a) They would determine their own lifespans.
(b) They would become sick, but they would live.
(c) They would die.
(d) They would live forever.
6. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's request to marry his daughter?
(a) Sa wanted money in exchange for his daughter.
(b) Sa wasn't ready to let his daughter go.
(c) Sa was overjoyed at the thought of their marriage.
(d) Sa didn't understand what Alatangana saw in his daughter.
7. What did he drink from?
(a) A ladel.
(b) A pool of cool water.
(c) A stream of water.
(d) A coconut.
8. What did the raven use to create mountain sheep?
9. According to the story, why are there black and white people all over the earth?
(a) Because the children moved to different parts of the earth.
(b) Because each child was given a kingdom.
(c) Because Alatangana banished his children.
(d) Because Ra kidnapped all of the children.
10. What did the man look like when he fell out?
(a) A child.
(b) An old man.
(c) A fully-formed man.
(d) An infant.
11. How many sons did she have?
12. What were the first men constructed to be?
13. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
(a) A crow.
(b) A robin.
(c) A eagle.
(d) A rave.
14. What culture does the Pea-Pod Man come from?
(a) Eskimo culture.
(b) Native American culture.
(c) Spanish culture.
(d) French culture.
15. How many women were created by Quat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have happened to man if the Fool had not created death?
2. What was different about six of Alatangana's children?
3. How did the raven create the mountain sheep?
4. What is the name of the great mass inside the egg?
5. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)