|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
(a) A eagle.
(b) A rave.
(c) A robin.
(d) A crow.
2. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To a great lake.
(d) To a small creek.
3. How did the raven create the mountain sheep?
(a) By flapping his wings over them.
(b) By pouring water over the clay.
(c) By using a spell.
(d) By giving them milk.
4. How was Death created?
(a) Tangaro the Wise stopped playing with puppets.
(b) Quat's brother created puppets but let them rot.
(c) Death was not created in this story.
(d) Quat was killed by his brother.
5. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
(a) One of Quat's sisters.
(b) Quat's father.
(c) The sun god.
(d) One of Quat's brothers.
6. What is the name of Night in this story?
7. What is the name of the great mass inside the egg?
(a) It is called Nothing.
(b) It is called Phan Ku.
(c) It is called No Thing.
(d) It is called the Pod.
8. How many years did Phan Ku live?
9. When did Quat tell his brothers they should sleep?
(a) When the sun came up.
(b) When the day was hot.
(c) When it was winter.
(d) When it was dark.
10. What did the man look like when he fell out?
(a) A child.
(b) A fully-formed man.
(c) An old man.
(d) An infant.
11. When did Quat begin thinking of creating man, animals and plants?
(a) As he became an old man.
(b) As soon as he was born.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) When he was married.
12. What did the bird ask the man?
(a) When he was leaving.
(b) Where he was going.
(c) What he knew.
(d) Where he came from.
13. Who is Phan Ku?
(b) The sky god.
(c) The Great Creator.
(d) The old man.
14. Who is Quat the Creator?
(a) The father.
(b) The Fool.
(c) The only daughter.
(d) One of the sons.
15. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
(a) They were born in the town of Babel.
(b) Sa's wife spoke many different languages.
(c) They wanted to punish their father for leaving their mother.
(d) Sa had punished Alatangana for taking his daughter away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the Earth?
2. What happened to the being once it burst from the egg?
3. What were the first men constructed to be?
4. How many sons did she have?
5. What did Phan Ku use to carve out the world?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)