|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Quat make the first men from?
(a) The sky.
(b) A river.
(c) A tree.
2. What did the Old Man tell the mother and child to do on the fourth day?
(a) Rise up and walk.
(b) Populate the earth.
(d) Keep him company on his travels.
3. What type of god is the raven?
(a) A lenient god.
(b) A wrathful god.
(c) A wiley god.
(d) A sad god.
4. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
(a) Sa's wife spoke many different languages.
(b) They were born in the town of Babel.
(c) They wanted to punish their father for leaving their mother.
(d) Sa had punished Alatangana for taking his daughter away.
5. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
(a) A rave.
(b) A crow.
(c) A eagle.
(d) A robin.
6. This story spread from Siberia to what country?
7. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
(a) One of Quat's brothers.
(b) One of Quat's sisters.
(c) Quat's father.
(d) The sun god.
8. What did the Old Man throw into the water to determine if the woman and child would live forever?
(b) The baby.
(c) Buffalo chips.
(d) A stone.
9. What did the man look like when he fell out?
(a) A child.
(b) A fully-formed man.
(c) An infant.
(d) An old man.
10. Why did Alatangana create plants and animals?
(a) He felt sorry for Ra's family.
(b) He wanted beauty in the world.
(c) He wanted company.
(d) He thought the earth was depressing.
11. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
(a) A Rattlesnake.
(b) A crow cry.
(c) The death rattle.
(d) A sharp whistle.
12. Who created the earth, sky, stars and sun?
(a) Me King.
(b) The Lower Creator.
(d) Phan Ku.
13. What is the name of Death in Chapter three?
14. What did Alatangana ask Sa to give him?
(b) His home in the mud.
(c) His daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) Sheep and other animals.
15. How did he feel while moving across the soft ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bird turn into?
2. What did he do with them after he created them?
3. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
4. How many years did Phan Ku live?
5. Where did the story of Quat come from?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)