|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did all of Alatangana's children speak different languages?
(a) They wanted to punish their father for leaving their mother.
(b) They were born in the town of Babel.
(c) Sa had punished Alatangana for taking his daughter away.
(d) Sa's wife spoke many different languages.
2. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
(a) To a great lake.
(b) To the river.
(c) To a small creek.
(d) To the ocean.
3. How many people did Quat make?
4. Why did Quat create chirping birds?
(a) To provide entertainment for men.
(b) To raise the sun in the morning.
(c) To spread seeds across the earth.
(d) To wake the sleeping men.
5. Who created death?
(a) The Creator.
(b) The Wise.
(c) The mother.
(d) The Fool.
6. What animal did the raven create for the man to fear?
(a) A cat.
(b) A tiger.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A bear.
7. What would have happened to man if the Fool had not created death?
(a) Man would have lived forever.
(b) Man would have died of old age.
(c) Women would not have been created.
(d) Women would have lived while men died.
8. What created human suffering?
(a) Phan Ku's joy.
(b) Phan Ku's tears.
(c) Phan Ku's brother.
(d) Phan Ku's death.
9. Who did Alatangana turn to for help with his children?
(a) Sa's wife.
(b) The moon.
(d) The sun.
10. What culture does the myth of Phan Ku come from?
11. What is the name of Quat's eleven brothers?
12. What culture does the Pea-Pod Man come from?
(a) French culture.
(b) Spanish culture.
(c) Native American culture.
(d) Eskimo culture.
13. What were nine of the brothers named after?
(a) Tree leaves.
(c) Tea leaves.
14. Why did Alatangana create plants and animals?
(a) He wanted beauty in the world.
(b) He wanted company.
(c) He thought the earth was depressing.
(d) He felt sorry for Ra's family.
15. Why did the woman throw a stone in the water?
(a) She wasn't satisfied with the Old Man's answer.
(b) She was angry.
(c) She wanted to see if the rock would sink.
(d) She wanted to prove the Old Man wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the raven make more sheep?
2. What did the grown man fall out of in the beginning of chapter 1?
3. What did Sa create when Alatangana ran off to marry his daughter?
4. What did the Old Man say when the stone sank?
5. Where did the myth in chapter 3 come from?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)