|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Quat tell his brothers they should sleep?
(a) When it was winter.
(b) When the sun came up.
(c) When it was dark.
(d) When the day was hot.
2. Why did Ra create an endless sea of mud?
(a) To stop the flood of waters from the ocean.
(b) So he could build a house.
(c) So he could make animals and plants.
(d) To create a hard ground material.
3. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
(a) The sun god.
(b) One of Quat's brothers.
(c) One of Quat's sisters.
(d) Quat's father.
4. How did Sa feel about Alatangana's creations?
(a) He was jealous of them.
(b) He didn't notice them.
(c) He hated them.
(d) He was happy with them.
5. What did he do with them after he created them?
(a) He put them in the sky.
(b) He gave them water.
(c) He gave them the earth.
(d) He buried them.
6. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To the river.
(c) To a great lake.
(d) To a small creek.
7. What does a person hear when they are called to death?
(a) A crow cry.
(b) A Rattlesnake.
(c) The death rattle.
(d) A sharp whistle.
8. Who did the man think would also like the sheep?
(a) The other people growing in pea pods.
(b) His mother.
(c) The man who came from the raven.
(d) The raven.
9. What was special about all of Alatangana's children?
(a) They spoke different languages.
(b) They each had a different talent.
(c) Each could speak to animals.
(d) They were psychic.
10. What did the bird turn into?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A man.
(d) A woman.
11. What were nine of the brothers named after?
(a) Tree leaves.
(c) Tea leaves.
12. What is the name of the being inside the universe?
(a) No Thing.
(b) Phan Ku.
(c) The Rain.
(d) Pik Nong.
13. How many children did Alatangana and Sa's daughter have?
14. Where did the myth in chapter 3 come from?
(b) The Congo.
15. Which culture does the myth of the Old Man come from?
(a) The Navajo Indians.
(b) The Powhatan Indians.
(c) The Iriquois Indians.
(d) The Blackfoot Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sa tell Alatangana to do with his children?
2. What created human suffering?
3. Where did Quat sail to create night?
4. What did Alatangana ask Sa to give him?
5. Where did the Old Man go in his travels?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)