|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the raven take the man when it returned?
(a) To a great lake.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To a small creek.
2. Who made the Earth?
3. What did the man look like when he fell out?
(a) An infant.
(b) A fully-formed man.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
4. What happened to the being once it burst from the egg?
(a) He shrank to a dwarf.
(b) He became an old man.
(c) He grew into a giant.
(d) He turned into a baby.
5. How many couples were formed from the first people created by Quat?
6. Who is to blame for death?
(b) The sea of mud.
(c) Sa's wife.
7. When did Quat begin thinking of creating man, animals and plants?
(a) When he was married.
(b) As soon as he was born.
(c) After his mother died.
(d) As he became an old man.
8. Which culture does the myth of the Old Man come from?
(a) The Navajo Indians.
(b) The Powhatan Indians.
(c) The Iriquois Indians.
(d) The Blackfoot Indians.
9. Who is Tangaro the Fool?
(a) Quat's father.
(b) One of Quat's sisters.
(c) The sun god.
(d) One of Quat's brothers.
10. What was the animal made of?
11. What culture does the myth of Phan Ku come from?
12. Why did Alatangana create plants and animals?
(a) He wanted company.
(b) He thought the earth was depressing.
(c) He felt sorry for Ra's family.
(d) He wanted beauty in the world.
13. How did the raven create the mountain sheep?
(a) By using a spell.
(b) By giving them milk.
(c) By flapping his wings over them.
(d) By pouring water over the clay.
14. What was the dome of the sky formed from?
(a) Phan Ku's hands.
(b) Phan Ku's mind.
(c) Phan Ku's skull.
(d) Phan Ku's body.
15. What did he drink from?
(a) A pool of cool water.
(b) A ladel.
(c) A coconut.
(d) A stream of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the man wait for the raven to return?
2. What type of bird flew around the Pea-Pod Man?
3. What did the man think of the sheep?
4. Where did the children go when they grew up?
5. How did he feel while moving across the soft ground?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)