1. Describe the first man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one.
The man who fell from a pea pod in chapter one was a full grown man. He pushed his way out of the pod.
2. Where is the story of the Pea Pod Man from?
The story of the Pea Pod Man is an Eskimo myth that was spread from Siberia to Greenland.
3. What does the Creator look like in chapter one?
The Creator in chapter one is a large, black raven.
4. Why might the Eskimo's contribute the creation of pea-pods, and man, to birds?
Birds eat the seeds from plants and spread the digested seeds from place to place. Most uncultivated vegetation spreads over the earth in this way.
5. Why did the raven decide to make the bear?
The raven made the bear so the man would learn to fear. The raven was worried the man would eat all the animals if he didn't learn to be afraid.
This section contains 2,079 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)