|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wolff travel to Oakland in Chapter 12?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
2. What wasn't the village interested in?
(a) American dolars.
(b) Kale's attempt to make up for the damages.
(d) Kale's money.
3. Where did Benet and Wolff go before he left?
(a) To the city to get a drink.
(b) To the city to go to church.
(c) To the city to get a photo taken.
(d) To the city to return the stolen TV.
4. What did Kale imply Wolff have done?
(a) That he had failed in his assignment.
(b) That he had taken poor care of his troops.
(c) That he had been a coward.
(d) That he had babied his troops.
5. How many people live with Landon?
6. What was Wolff fed on the party night?
(a) Badger meat.
(b) The dog he saved at the start of his tour.
(c) Cow meat.
(d) Cat meat.
7. Who was coordinating with Wolff and Benet?
(a) Major La.
(b) Major Ho.
(c) Major Chi.
(d) Major Chau.
8. Who launched a blistering counter attack?
(d) Major Chau.
9. When did Wolff meet Pete Landon?
(a) Basic training.
(b) Prep school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Language school.
10. When did Landon visit Wolff at his battalion?
(a) Before the Tet Offensive.
(b) After Landon's arrivel in Vietnam.
(c) During Wolff's time off.
(d) After the Tet Offensive.
11. How long before Wolff's tour did Benet's tour end according to Chapter 9?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) A month.
12. What did Benet and Wolff join before Benet's tour ended?
(a) A convoy.
(b) A fraternity.
(c) A troupe.
(d) A congregation
13. What did Wolff decide to do?
(a) Go back to the base.
(b) Drink more.
(c) Go back to the bar to have a word with the patrons.
(d) Go AWOL.
14. Who was giving Wolff a send off party?
(a) Local villagers.
(b) Vietnamese soldiers.
(c) The battalion officers.
(d) American soldiers.
15. Where was the first American soldier of the offensive killed?
(a) On patrol.
(b) Outside a bar.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wolff realize reflecting back on the event to follow?
2. Who did Landon want to visit?
3. What event had just begun?
4. What was Landon's position?
5. What did the room Wolff got overlook?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)