|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was giving Wolff a send off party?
(a) Local villagers.
(b) American soldiers.
(c) Vietnamese soldiers.
(d) The battalion officers.
2. What did the establishment's patron not like?
(a) Black men.
(b) Anyone not in the Navy.
3. What part was Wolff's father playing?
(a) The toad.
(d) The mouse.
4. What didn't Wolff mind playing?
(a) The role of a good writer.
(b) The role of young tough soldier.
(c) The role of the smart one.
(d) The role of the gentleman.
5. What did Wolff tell Benet he was?
(a) The smarter of the two.
(b) The stronger of the two.
(c) The more courageous of the two.
(d) The taller of the two.
6. What did Benet and Wolff join before Benet's tour ended?
(a) A troupe.
(b) A fraternity.
(c) A congregation
(d) A convoy.
7. What problem did Wolff's father hint at that made Wolff storm out?
(a) Wolff's drinking problem.
(b) Wolff's writing problem.
(c) Wolff's trust issues.
(d) Wolff's money problem.
8. What did Kale ask everyone in the room after coming back?
(a) If they knew Miss Be was a VC.
(b) If they knew Miss Be was married.
(c) If they knew Miss Be was a prostitute.
(d) If they knew Miss Be was a guy.
9. When did Wolff meet Pete Landon?
(a) Basic training.
(b) Medical school.
(c) Language school.
(d) Prep school.
10. How long could Wolff's savings last him?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) A year.
(d) 2 years.
11. Where did Wolff and Landon spend some time when Wolff was dispatched?
12. What did Landon tell Wolff to keep?
(a) A china bowl.
(b) A china cup.
(c) A china vase.
(d) A china knife.
13. How long did Wolff have left on his tour at the time of Landon's visit?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 months.
14. What did Kale imply Wolff have done?
(a) That he had taken poor care of his troops.
(b) That he had been a coward.
(c) That he had failed in his assignment.
(d) That he had babied his troops.
15. What did Wolff and Benet stop by?
(a) A bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) the Battalion HQ.
(d) A carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kale looking for to accomplish his task?
2. When did the VC attack?
3. Why did Wolff take a hotel for the night?
4. How long had Wolff been a soldier?
5. What was Kale's rank?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)