|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What blocked Tobias Wolff's truck?
2. What was Wolff conflicted between concerning the killed adviser?
(a) Relief and guilt.
(b) Guilt and fear.
(d) Relief and fear.
3. What did Fisher refuse?
(a) To put his uniform back on.
(c) A fly back to the American base.
(d) To marry a local girl.
4. When did the Air Force start bombing Vietnam?
5. What did Wolff carry everywhere?
(a) A pair of glasses.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dollar bill.
(d) A gold watch.
6. What did Hugh Pierce seem to flourish under?
(b) The heat.
(c) Lack of responsability.
(d) Tough training.
7. What were the soldiers doing that they were not suppose to be doing?
(c) Discharge their weapon to hunt.
(d) Start fire.
8. What was the province mainly composed of?
(d) Military bases.
9. What was the Hoffman family's business?
10. What was particular about what was under the place Wolff was sleeping in?
(a) The body was naked.
(b) The pin had been pulled.
(c) The gun was empty.
(d) Benet was dead.
11. What general was responsible for a parachute accident?
(a) General Roberdur.
(b) General Wayland.
(c) General Westmoreland.
(d) General Maxell.
12. When did Wolff start calling himself a writer?
13. What does Chapter 4 say there were many ways of?
(a) Leave Vietnam.
(c) Playing the black market.
14. What did Wolff fantasize about?
(a) Being rescued by his father.
(b) Being dead.
(c) Being back home with his girlfriend.
(d) Being a general.
15. Where did Wolff's unit set camp?
(a) In the wood.
(b) In a dry area.
(c) In a hut.
(d) Near a lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woke Wolff?
2. What branch of the military did Wolff become an officer in?
3. How did the soldiers kill their meal?
4. To what did Wolff accompany Macleod?
5. What did Wolff's father tell his son in the card he sent him according to Chapter 6?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)