Chapter 1: Thanksgiving Special
• In Chapter 1, Lieutenant Tobias Wolff and Sergeant Benet drive a truck in Vietnam.
• Benet was the only African American in the province.
• The attitude of the Vietnamese toward Americans was getting more hostile.
• The province where Wolff was posted was relatively safe from MVA.
• Rumor was that MVA soldiers were stoned out of their mind.
• Wolff's battalion was posted in My Tho on the Mekong River.
• Wolff and Benet were going to get a TV for a special episode of Bonanza.
• Wolff and Benet stole the TV from the officer's club.
• Wolff wanted to give the TV to a Vietnamese boy but Benet refused.
Chapter 2: Command Presence
• In Chapter 2, it is revealed that Wolff flunked out of school and joined a survey ship.
• After missing the boat because of a hangover, Wolff decided to join the army like one of Wolff's favorite authors, Ernest Hemingway...
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)