|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that 'there are how many of them, you know,' in "A letter"?
2. The characters in "Neville Club" are drugged and dancing with wild what?
3. Lennon writes in "You Might Well Arsk", "Why is the Duck of Endicalvert a sailing mit ______?"
(a) Olga Stall.
(b) Udda Fogs.
(c) Roga Fegs.
(d) Enda Small.
4. What is the "coloured man" eating as he dances by in "Neville Club"?
(a) A banana.
(b) A tomato.
(c) An olive.
(d) An apple.
5. "I Wandered" begins, "On balmy sea and ____ schooners".
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to what does Frank lose his mother in "Unhappy Frank"?
2. How is the word "Ivan" pronounced in "Caimbilge" in "All Abord Speeching"?
3. In "The Moldy Moldy Man", Lennon writes, "I'm such a humble" what?
4. In the final lines of "Alec Speaking," Lennon breaks rhyme, meter and nonsense words with the lines: "Onward, my friends to victory and glory / for the _____."
5. What does one character in "Neville Club" grow in his sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Henry in "Henry and Harry"? What does he do at the end of the story?
2. What does Lennon make fun of the most in his depictions from the book?
3. Describe the ending of "Scene three Act one." What is bizarre about this scenario?
4. What happens in the story "Victor Triumphs Again and Mrs. Weatherby Learns a Lesson"?
5. What are the major overriding themes which permeate the book? What subjects reappear?
6. What is the excerpt "A Letter" about?
7. Describe the plot of "The Famous Five through Woenow Abbey."
8. What events take place in the short story "Sad Michael"?
9. What happens in the short story, "A Surprise for Little Bobby"?
10. Describe the topic of "All Abord Speeching." What is this selection satirizing?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)