• The first short story in the book is called "Partly Dave", which explains that Dave gets on a bus with a "coloured" (colored) conductor and Dave is a raving salesman that has the "gift of gob."
• The story is very short, and Dave jumps off the bus at the end.
• The next story is about a man named Frank who is described as a man who is responsible and well thought of.
• Frank goes in one morning and stands on the bathroom scales to find that he has gained twelve inches, which the reader may interpret as weight.
• Frank can't remember when he got the extra weight, and he argues with his wife about how bad the situation is because of it.
• To save his wife's fate of having to see him this way, Frank clubs her in the head until she is dead and leaves...
This section contains 1,775 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)