|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Ralph repeat the sensational joke he heard at the family gathering?
2. What does Ralph say was the special treat to the parade fans?
3. Who is the joke teller in Ralph's family?
4. A family car, a weekly paycheck, and a reputable bowling average are the most important things to:
5. How does Miss Bryfogel force Ralph to tell the truth about the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Ralph's humility portrayed throughout the book? What similarities do a majority of the stories share? How does Adult Ralph add or detract from the stories?
Essay Topic 2
The BB gun was an important gift in Ralph's childhood and remains something he clearly is fond of in his adult life. Why was it such an important gift and time in his life? Why does he remember every detail as an adult? What do you think he learned from that story?
Essay Topic 3
Ralph's innocence keeps him out of trouble during a couple of stories in the book. Compare and contrast at least two events in which Ralph was saved from punishment because of his youth and innocence. Explore what was his actual punishment and whether that punishment was more or less effective than one that could have come from an adult. Discuss the irony in how his youth kept him from getting into big trouble even as he was trying to be more grown up.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)