|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ralph's band march into the formation of a hypodermic needle?
(a) To honor Dr. Kildare.
(b) To make people laugh.
(c) To honor all doctors.
(d) To remind fans to get a flu shot.
2. What is a "capper"?
(a) A fireworks display.
(b) A unique end to each performance.
(c) A person who claps at the end of the performance.
(d) A person who makes caps.
3. What is so special about the contests at the Orpheum?
(a) They give away prizes, food, and cash to people going through the Great Depression.
(b) They make people laugh, which was difficult to do in the Great Depression.
(c) They make one person a hero, making people happy in the Great Depression.
(d) They entertain a depressed crowd going through the Great Depression.
4. What goes wrong during one of the summer shows put on by Ralph's father?
(a) He does not have enough lighter fluid.
(b) He does not cook enough food.
(c) He sets his own shirt on fire.
(d) He sets the porch on fire.
5. Where did Ralph work in the summer?
(a) As a paper boy for the town newspaper.
(b) His father's fireworks stand.
(c) His father's office.
(d) Flick's Tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two kids drink at Flick's Tavern?
2. What does Ralph think was in the cheek of one of the kids at the bar?
3. Who runs to Ralph's mom, crying about the sensational joke that Ralph retold?
4. Why does Ralph wake up in the middle of the night at times?
5. What does each woman receive during Doppler's newest promotion?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)