|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ralph learn about life, commercialism, and capitalism?
(a) It is all about being an adult.
(b) It is all about being able to choose your own candy.
(c) It is all about having options.
(d) It is all about supply and demand.
2. What does the joke teller do at Ralph's family gathering?
(a) He tells a dirty joke in front of the adults only.
(b) He tells a joke that is not funny.
(c) He tells a dirty joke in front of the kids.
(d) He tells a joke that embarrasses the kids.
3. Ralph says that a lot can be learned about a man based on:
(a) The kind of penny candy he prefers.
(b) The kind of car he drives.
(c) The kind of jawbreakers he prefers.
(d) The kind of jokes he tells.
4. What hit a high-tension electrical wire during the parade?
(a) Ralph's sousaphone.
(b) Duckworth's baton.
(c) Flick's drumstick.
(d) A flock of birds.
5. Kissel's creation looked more like a:
(a) Car engine.
(b) Large firework.
(c) Mortar shell.
(d) Time capsule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Ralph think about Mr. Kissel while he was in New York?
2. What's the first purchase a kid usually makes in life?
3. Who is the joke teller in Ralph's family?
4. To whom does Ralph repeat the sensational joke he heard at the family gathering?
5. What instrument was Ralph playing when it malfunctioned?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)