|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "special kid thing" at the World's Fair?
(a) Magic Mountain.
(b) Fort Bragg.
(c) Fort Sheridan.
(d) Treasure Island.
2. Why is Ralph's sporting choice so unusual?
(a) He lives, breathes, and dreams the sport but never gets the chance to participate.
(b) He lives, breathes, and dreams the sport, but his father does not let him participate.
(c) He lives, breathes, and dreams the sport, but his mother does not let him participate.
(d) He lives, breathes, and dreams the sport, but he is not very good.
3. How does Ralph behave on the blind date?
(a) He is making everyone laugh.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He talks incessantly.
(d) He is angry.
4. What makes Cedar Lake so unique?
(a) It is extremely small.
(b) It is now condemned.
(c) It is extremely large.
(d) It is now full of clean water.
5. How did the "major award" get broken?
(a) It fell while being cleaned.
(b) It was dropped while being moved to the front window.
(c) It was knocked over when someone was watering plants.
(d) It broke when someone changed the light bulb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last present opened on Christmas Day in Chapter 2?
2. How does Ralph feel when his father pulls up in the driveway when he gets home after his incident with Grover Dill?
3. Who tells Ralph "Get in there, kid, you're holding up the line"?
4. How would Ralph describe Grover Dill as a child?
5. What does Ralph think is being built with Lincoln Logs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn about Ralph by knowing he likes Red Ryder and the Little Orphan Annie radio show?
2. Why is Wilbur Duckworth considered to be a social outcast?
3. Why does Ralph describe auction followers as human vultures?
4. Why is Ralph an Outsider Looking In during the fishing trip?
5. How does Ralph get through the doorway?
6. What does Ralph believe that every family has?
7. How is Ralph punished for damaging the family car?
8. Why does Adult Ralph recall the theme song of his favorite radio show after all the years?
9. Why does Ralph think people in Northern Indiana like fireworks so much?
10. How does Wilbur "win" in the final parade performance?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)