|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Leopold Doppler?
(a) The owner of the Orpheum movie theater.
(b) The owner of a drive-in movie theater.
(c) The owner of a New England motel.
(d) The owner of the town mill.
2. Who is Janis?
(a) Flick's wife.
(b) A bar patron.
(c) A doctor's wife.
(d) Ralph's old teacher.
3. What happens when Ralph retells the joke he heard at his family gathering to another kid?
(a) They do not get the joke.
(b) They start fighting.
(c) They laugh heartily.
(d) They start making up other jokes.
4. What does Ralph think about the book he found in his parents' room?
(a) He likes the book.
(b) He does not understand the words.
(c) He thinks it is funny.
(d) He hates the book.
5. Who pays for "the Graham's" damages?
(a) Friendly Fred.
(b) The Old Man.
(c) The lot owner.
6. Was the final capper planned for the parade?
(c) There was no capper.
(d) No one knows for sure.
7. When did Ralph start thinking about the candy store?
(a) When he was sitting at the bar.
(b) When he was talking to some kids.
(c) When he was working at his dad's office.
(d) When he was waiting at the dentist office.
8. Who does Ralph's father complain to about the damages?
(b) Friendly Fred's lot.
(d) The Better Business Bureau.
9. Why did Ralph's band march into the formation of a hypodermic needle?
(a) To honor Dr. Kildare.
(b) To honor all doctors.
(c) To make people laugh.
(d) To remind fans to get a flu shot.
10. What is a tax assessor?
(a) An official who holds auctions.
(b) An official who evaluates tax owed.
(c) An official who repossesses items.
(d) An official who collects taxes.
11. Where did adult Ralph spend his most recent Fourth of July?
(a) New York.
12. What did Ralph call the summer that his father had a problem with his show?
(a) The year the Roman candle struck back.
(b) The year the pinwheel struck back.
(c) The year the BBQ struck back.
(d) The year the furnace struck back.
13. Why is Ralph searching for a book in his parents' room?
(a) He needs a book to give as a present.
(b) He needs a book for a book report.
(c) He wants to show his parents how grown up he is.
(d) He wants to read adult books now.
14. What is "the Game" according to Flick?
(a) A high school football game.
(b) A high school baseball game.
(c) A high school basketball game.
(d) A high school wrestling match.
15. Ralph says the pain of a toothache at 3 a.m. is like:
(a) Standing at the door of a closed dentist office.
(b) Standing on a baseball field without a glove.
(c) Standing at the gates of hell itself.
(d) Standing at the candy store without money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the Graham?"
2. What color of candy does Ralph prefer?
3. Which family in the neighborhood has to auction all of their personal property?
4. What did Ralph learn about life, commercialism, and capitalism?
5. What does Ralph want Flick to make him to drink?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)