|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the book Ralph selected?
2. Where is Flick supposed to go instead of "the Game?"
(a) A PTA meeting.
(b) Grocery shopping.
(c) The airport.
(d) Band practice.
3. Why does Ralph wake up in the middle of the night at times?
(a) He still hears the sound of the scraping of car damage.
(b) He still hears the sound of the Little Orphan Annie radio theme song.
(c) He still hears the sound of the BB gun.
(d) He still hears the sound of Wilbur's whistle.
4. Kissel's creation looked more like a:
(a) Car engine.
(b) Time capsule.
(c) Large firework.
(d) Mortar shell.
5. Who is Lud Kissel?
(a) The town drunk.
(b) The town bully.
(c) The town postman.
(d) The town mayor.
6. What does Ralph's mom want him to hide when the tax assessor comes for a visit?
(a) The family radio.
(b) The family car.
(c) The washing machine.
(d) The furnace.
7. Where did Ralph work in the summer?
(a) As a paper boy for the town newspaper.
(b) Flick's Tavern.
(c) His father's office.
(d) His father's fireworks stand.
8. Ralph says the pain of a toothache at 3 a.m. is like:
(a) Standing on a baseball field without a glove.
(b) Standing at the door of a closed dentist office.
(c) Standing at the candy store without money.
(d) Standing at the gates of hell itself.
9. What does Ralph think was in the cheek of one of the kids at the bar?
(a) A jawbreaker.
(b) A JuJu Baby.
(c) A piece of gum.
(d) A root beer barrel.
10. Pulaski was not in a charitable mood one time when Ralph went to buy candy. What did he make Ralph do?
(a) Give some of his candy to his little brother.
(b) Stand in line longer than usual.
(c) Buy one red jawbreaker for every black jawbreaker.
(d) Buy gum with every jawbreaker.
11. What does Ralph's father do to cap off his crowd-pleasing summer show?
(a) He lights the BBQ on fire.
(b) He uses extra pinwheels.
(c) He sets off a Dago bomb.
(d) A powerful use of Roman candles.
12. Miss Bryfogel is best described as:
(a) Heartfelt with soft eyes.
(b) Heartless with dark, liquid eyes.
(c) Having a soft heart-shaped face with dark, liquid eyes.
(d) Having a heart-shaped face with soft eyes.
13. How is "the Graham" damaged?
(a) Ralph scrapes the fender.
(b) Ralph polishes too hard.
(c) A neighbor kid hit it.
(d) No one knows.
14. Who ends up being the butt of the joke at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) Uncle Ben.
15. What happens when Ralph retells the joke he heard at his family gathering to another kid?
(a) They start making up other jokes.
(b) They do not get the joke.
(c) They start fighting.
(d) They laugh heartily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for "the Graham's" damages?
2. When did Ralph start thinking about the candy store?
3. What instrument was Ralph playing when it malfunctioned?
4. Ralph says that a lot can be learned about a man based on:
5. What is "the Game" according to Flick?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)