|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ralph start thinking about the candy store?
(a) When he was sitting at the bar.
(b) When he was waiting at the dentist office.
(c) When he was working at his dad's office.
(d) When he was talking to some kids.
2. What color of candy does Ralph prefer?
3. What does Ralph's father do to cap off his crowd-pleasing summer show?
(a) He sets off a Dago bomb.
(b) A powerful use of Roman candles.
(c) He lights the BBQ on fire.
(d) He uses extra pinwheels.
4. Who is the joke teller in Ralph's family?
(b) The Old Man.
(c) Ralph's brother.
(d) Uncle Ben.
5. What does Ralph think about the book he found in his parents' room?
(a) He thinks it is funny.
(b) He does not understand the words.
(c) He likes the book.
(d) He hates the book.
6. Which family in the neighborhood has to auction all of their personal property?
(a) Flick's family.
(b) The Duckworth family.
(c) The Kissel family.
(d) The Parker family.
7. What made Ralph think about Mr. Kissel while he was in New York?
(a) A house party.
(b) Drinking Kentucky whiskey.
(c) A house explosion.
(d) Fourth of July fireworks.
8. What makes Ralph shudder when he hears polka music?
(a) His memories of dancing the polka.
(b) His memories of playing polka with the marching band.
(c) His memories of hearing polka on his family's radio.
(d) His memories of working at the mill.
9. Why is Ralph searching for a book in his parents' room?
(a) He needs a book to give as a present.
(b) He needs a book for a book report.
(c) He wants to read adult books now.
(d) He wants to show his parents how grown up he is.
10. Who else, besides Ralph, is an outsider looking in during Chapter 24?
(b) The parade crowd.
(d) The entire school band.
11. While Ralph continues to celebrate conquering the bully, this person reminds him of a time when he was not as ferocious.
(b) The Old Man.
(d) His brother.
12. What is so special about the contests at the Orpheum?
(a) They make people laugh, which was difficult to do in the Great Depression.
(b) They give away prizes, food, and cash to people going through the Great Depression.
(c) They make one person a hero, making people happy in the Great Depression.
(d) They entertain a depressed crowd going through the Great Depression.
13. Kissel's creation looked more like a:
(a) Large firework.
(b) Car engine.
(c) Mortar shell.
(d) Time capsule.
14. What does Ralph learn about the contests at the Orpheum?
(a) Contests are a horrible idea.
(b) Nothing in life is free.
(c) Contests are a great idea.
(d) Women of the Great Depression like free stuff.
15. Why is Wilbur Duckworth hated by all?
(a) He's egotistical, yet a social outcast.
(b) He tells dirty jokes.
(c) He talks too loudly.
(d) He has too much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Bryfogel?
2. How does Ralph feel about Miss Bryfogel?
3. Where is Flick supposed to go instead of "the Game?"
4. According to Ralph, what shapes a kid's life and determines his future as an adult?
5. What does each woman receive during Doppler's newest promotion?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)