|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ralph's band march into the formation of a hypodermic needle?
(a) To remind fans to get a flu shot.
(b) To make people laugh.
(c) To honor all doctors.
(d) To honor Dr. Kildare.
2. A family car, a weekly paycheck, and a reputable bowling average are the most important things to:
(a) East coasters.
3. Ralph thinks that people from northern Indiana especially enjoy:
(a) Explosive devices.
(b) Family picnics.
(c) The holidays.
(d) High school football.
4. What does Ralph want Flick to make him to drink?
(a) A Bloody Mary.
(b) A Bloody Sandy.
(c) A Bloody Charlie.
(d) A Bloody Tom.
5. What does Ralph think was in the cheek of one of the kids at the bar?
(a) A root beer barrel.
(b) A piece of gum.
(c) A JuJu Baby.
(d) A jawbreaker.
6. How does Miss Bryfogel force Ralph to tell the truth about the book?
(a) She threatens to fail him in the class.
(b) She threatens to send a note home to his mom.
(c) She threatens to send him to detention.
(d) She threatens to make him read the entire book.
7. Why is Wilbur Duckworth hated by all?
(a) He has too much money.
(b) He talks too loudly.
(c) He's egotistical, yet a social outcast.
(d) He tells dirty jokes.
8. Where is Flick supposed to go instead of "the Game?"
(a) A PTA meeting.
(b) The airport.
(c) Grocery shopping.
(d) Band practice.
9. Why do young kids go to Pulaski's store?
(a) To buy gum.
(b) To buy penny candy.
(c) To buy sodas.
(d) To buy baseball cards.
10. What was Ralph's punishment for damaging "the Graham"?
(a) He was not punished.
(b) He had to wash the car.
(c) Loads of guilt.
(d) He had to clean the house.
11. What does Ralph learn about the contests at the Orpheum?
(a) Contests are a great idea.
(b) Contests are a horrible idea.
(c) Women of the Great Depression like free stuff.
(d) Nothing in life is free.
12. What is a "capper"?
(a) A person who claps at the end of the performance.
(b) A unique end to each performance.
(c) A person who makes caps.
(d) A fireworks display.
13. What do the two kids drink at Flick's Tavern?
(c) Bloody Marys.
14. Where did Ralph work in the summer?
(a) As a paper boy for the town newspaper.
(b) His father's fireworks stand.
(c) His father's office.
(d) Flick's Tavern.
15. Who is Friendly Fred?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A local used car salesman.
(c) A bowling alley owner.
(d) A shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme arises again in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Ralph wake up in the middle of the night at times?
3. What made Ralph think about Mr. Kissel while he was in New York?
4. When did Ralph start thinking about the candy store?
5. Why is Ralph searching for a book in his parents' room?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)