|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best friend of Ralph is introduced in Chapter 6?
(a) Junie Jo Prewitt.
2. What is Ralph's favorite sport?
3. How is Ralph's date behaving?
(a) She talks incessantly.
(b) She is shy.
(c) She is not saying anything.
(d) She is laughing at all of Ralph's jokes.
4. What were Ralph and his brother doing when Grover Dill came out of nowhere during their childhood?
(a) Playing football.
(b) Playing baseball.
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Playing kick the can.
5. What was the "major award"?
(a) A bowling alley.
(b) A lamp in the shape of a leg.
(c) A leg in the shape of a lamp.
(d) A new house.
6. What does Ralph's first secret message say?
(a) Be sure to drink milk.
(b) Be sure to eat fruit.
(c) Be sure to eat your vegetables.
(d) Be sure to drink Ovaltine.
7. How does Ralph get down?
(a) He walks back down the stairs.
(b) The attendant pushes him.
(c) He gets on a ride.
(d) He calls his parents for help.
8. Who is the author of the article titled "The Return of the Native to the Indiana Mill Town"?
(a) Miss Bryfogel.
(d) Grover Dill.
9. How did Ralph react to the cut lip?
(a) He started crying and cussing.
(b) He started yelling at Grover Dill as he ran away.
(c) He ran away to his house with his brother.
(d) He threw himself at Grover Dill in a blinding fury of rage.
10. What is the Asp?
(a) The narrator of a radio show.
(b) A bug.
(c) The name of the neighbor's dog.
(d) A mysterious character on a radio show.
11. What elementary school do the children of Hohman attend?
(a) Warren G. Harding School.
(b) Thomas Jefferson School.
(c) George Washington School.
(d) John F. Kennedy School.
12. What is the relationship between Ralph and Flick?
(a) They were on the same bowling team.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They were good friends during their childhood.
(d) They went to the same college.
13. How do Ralph's parents fight about the "major award"?
(a) They have Ralph choose sides.
(b) They yell at each other.
(c) They each open or close the curtain to show off or hide the "major award."
(d) They stop eating dinner together.
14. Who was on hand to help celebrate the "major award"?
(a) Ralph's schoolmates.
(b) Extended family members.
(c) Friends and neighbors.
(d) Just the Parkers.
15. Ralph describes his date as:
(a) Someone with whom he did not have the courage to speak.
(b) The worst-looking girl he has ever seen.
(c) He did not comment on his date.
(d) The best-looking girl he has ever seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ralph join on Chapter 8's expedition?
2. What color is the light of Truth?
3. Who tells Ralph "Get in there, kid, you're holding up the line"?
4. What does Ralph call Flick's jukebox?
5. What is the last present opened on Christmas Day in Chapter 2?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)