|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20, We Have Two Small Visitors and Old Man Pulaski and the Infamous Jaw-Breaker Blackmail Caper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the World's Fair held the year Ralph went as a child?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
2. Hohman's weather is described as having:
(a) Lots of snow and lots of rain.
(b) Less rain than other nearby towns.
(c) Several thunderstorms each year.
(d) Harsh winters and equally extreme summers.
3. Who is Lud Kissel?
(a) The town drunk.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) The town bully.
(d) The town postman.
4. What does Ralph's father do to cap off his crowd-pleasing summer show?
(a) He lights the BBQ on fire.
(b) A powerful use of Roman candles.
(c) He sets off a Dago bomb.
(d) He uses extra pinwheels.
5. What does Ralph's first secret message say?
(a) Be sure to eat your vegetables.
(b) Be sure to drink Ovaltine.
(c) Be sure to eat fruit.
(d) Be sure to drink milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "special kid thing" at the World's Fair?
2. Who was the childhood hero displayed in a full-color ad in the back of a magazine in Chapter 2?
3. How did the article's author get to the tavern the first time?
4. When does Ralph first consider himself a man?
5. The author believes children and parents were tougher back then, proven by the way:
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)