|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vanessa actually write about?
2. Which kids choose to stay at Aspen Springs for Easter.
3. Which volunteer hangs out with Tony and Connor during break?
4. How did Tony kill Larry?
5. What do Vanessa and Tony tell each other in Chapter Seventy-eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Conner goes home for the weekend?
2. What does Vanessa realize about her time at wilderness camp?
3. What was the nature of Tony and Phillip's relationship?
4. How did Tony meet Phillip?
5. Why does Conner become so upset during the movie outing?
6. What happens between Vanessa and her father that reinforces in her mind that she has the support of her family?
7. What positive thing does Vanessa decide to do when visiting her grandmother?
8. Who is Carmella?
9. What happens during group therapy that shocks Dr. Starr and intensifies the attraction between Conner and Vanessa?
10. What does Dr. Starr think when Conner says he doesn't want to go home for Easter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does each of the teens want when they leave Aspen Springs? How likely are they to receive what they are longing for?
Essay Topic 2
Each of the three teen characters has been admitted to Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital for attempted suicide.
1) How and why did Vanessa attempt suicide?
2) How and why did Conner attempt suicide?
3) How and why did Tony attempt suicide?
Essay Topic 3
As the novel progresses it is apparent that Tony and Vanessa have developed feelings for each other. However, Tony is portrayed as being gay. What happens between the two characters? Is Tony gay? Why might Tony be confused about his sexuality? Why might Vanessa be hesitant to express her feelings for Tony?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)