|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. .How does Vanessa feel while visiting her grandmother for Easter?
2. What comforts Conner after talking with Tony?
3. What does Ms. Littell want her students to write about?
4. Who does Vanessa believe she is in love with?
5. How does Bryan inadvertently stop Vanessa from cutting herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tony worried about Conner?
2. How did Tony meet Phillip?
3. What happens between Tony and Vanessa in Chapters Seventy-seven and Seventy-eight?
4. What happens to Vanessa as she begins to think about Conner's hand on her back?
5. Why doesn't Conner think he is ready to go home after the wilderness challenge?
6. What happens between Vanessa and her father that reinforces in her mind that she has the support of her family?
7. What happens when Conner goes home for the weekend?
8. What does Tony tell Conner he did that caused him to be sent to juvenile hall?
9. What does Vanessa discover about being outdoors?
10. Who is Carmella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Vanessa's mother's behavior contributed to the guilt and fear that Vanessa has surrounding being bipolar? Does Vanessa love her mother? Does she love herself? Provide examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Conner is cold and distant when he arrives at Aspen Springs. As the story moves along, he begins to warm up to others and show more of his vulnerabilities. What are Conner's parents like? What is his sister like? How have he and Cara been competing with each other? Why do they compete like they do? Is Conner more like his parents than he would like to admit? Explain. How is Conner different than his mother and father? Provide examples from the story in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Leona? How was she a part of Conner's life? What happened between Conner and Leona? How did their situation come to an end? How does Conner feel about what happened between them?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)