|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony do when he is sitting with Vanessa before Wilderness Challenge?
2. Who will the kids have to rely on while at the camp?
3. How does Conner feel about his house when he goes home in Chapter Seventy-nine?
4. What does Tony notice about everyone the morning after letters arrive?
5. In Chapter Fifty-six, who is Tony testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Tony and Vanessa in Chapters Seventy-seven and Seventy-eight?
2. What does Conner think about Tony after they finish talking in Chapter Fifty-Five?
3. What does Dr. Starr think when Conner says he doesn't want to go home for Easter?
4. What dis Conner's mother say in her letter to him?
5. What happens to Vanessa as she begins to think about Conner's hand on her back?
6. What was the nature of Tony and Phillip's relationship?
7. What will the wilderness challenge be like?
8. What happens when Conner goes home for the weekend?
9. Why is Tony worried about Conner?
10. What is Tony's response to Conner's questions about his sexuality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Hildalgo assigns the teens an essay on the Patriot Act.
1) What is the Patriot Act?
2) Why is it included in the book?
3) How does Conner feel about the subject?
4) How does Vanessa feel about the subject?
5) How does Tony feel about the subject?
6) What do their essays tell the reader about their personalities?
7) How do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
At various times in the book Vanessa feels attracted to both Tony and Conner. Why is she attracted to each of the boys? Is she confusing friendship with sexual attraction? How do the boys feel about her? What is the difference between her feelings for Conner and her feelings for Tony?
Essay Topic 3
Conner has a history of confusing love and sex. He was molested by his nanny as a child and engaged in a sexual relationship with an older woman before coming to Aspen Springs. His doctor, Dr. Starr, knows of Conner's history. What effect is her behavior having on Conner? Do you think it is appropriate for her to be touching Conner and unbuttoning her shirt in front of him? Why or why not? Is she doing these things on purpose?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)