|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Seventy-four, what does Stanley do in group therapy that causes a fight?
2. What do Vanessa and Tony tell each other in Chapter Seventy-eight?
3. Which kids choose to stay at Aspen Springs for Easter.
4. What does Tony do when he is sitting with Vanessa before Wilderness Challenge?
5. What does Vanessa believe will stop her from cutting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Carmella?
2. What happens when Conner goes home for the weekend?
3. What will the wilderness challenge be like?
4. Why is Vanessa getting sick in the bathroom?
5. Why is Tony worried about Conner?
6. What advice does Conner give to Tony about his sexual feelings toward Vanessa?
7. What happens during group therapy that shocks Dr. Starr and intensifies the attraction between Conner and Vanessa?
8. What happens between Vanessa and her father that reinforces in her mind that she has the support of her family?
9. Why does Conner become so upset during the movie outing?
10. What does Vanessa discover about being outdoors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a part of obtaining Level One, the teens had to attend church with the group. How do each of the main characters feel about church and faith? Why do you think the author has included God and faith in the book and in the level system of Aspen Springs?
Essay Topic 2
Conner's visit home
1) What happens when Conner returns home?
2) How does his mother treat him?
3) How does he feel about being home?
4) What has happened to Emily? How does this affect Conner?
Essay Topic 3
Tony and Phillip
1) How did Tony meet Phillip?
2) What happened to Phillip?
3) What was the nature of the relationship between Tony and Phillip?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)