|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Fifty-eight, what does Conner do to Vanessa on the way to class?
2. What political party does Conner belong to?
3. What does Tony notice about everyone the morning after letters arrive?
4. What happens to Vanessa when she begins to think about Conner's hand on her back?
5. What did Conner find out about Emily when he went home for Easter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conner become so upset during the movie outing?
2. What does Vanessa discover about being outdoors?
3. What advice does Conner give to Tony about his sexual feelings toward Vanessa?
4. What happens between Tony and Vanessa in Chapters Seventy-seven and Seventy-eight?
5. What happens to Vanessa as she begins to think about Conner's hand on her back?
6. What does Tony tell Conner he did that caused him to be sent to juvenile hall?
7. What happens when Conner goes home for the weekend?
8. Why is Tony worried about Conner?
9. What does Dr. Starr think when Conner says he doesn't want to go home for Easter?
10. What does Conner think about Tony after they finish talking in Chapter Fifty-Five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conner is cold and distant when he arrives at Aspen Springs. As the story moves along, he begins to warm up to others and show more of his vulnerabilities. What are Conner's parents like? What is his sister like? How have he and Cara been competing with each other? Why do they compete like they do? Is Conner more like his parents than he would like to admit? Explain. How is Conner different than his mother and father? Provide examples from the story in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What has happened to Tony in his life:
1) Where is Tony's father?
2) Where is Tony's mother?
3) What happened to Tony at the hands of his mother's ex-boyfriend?
4) How does Tony use his sexuality to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the wilderness challenge and how it works. Who gets to attend the challenge? What will they do while there? What are the conditions like? What happens when they finish?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)