|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Conner find out about Emily when he went home for Easter?
2. In Chapter Ninety-six, what does Tony do before he crosses the bridge?
3. What does Dr. Starr find hard to believe in her session with Conner?
4. Why didn't Tony write his paper about Phillip?
5. Who does Conner see at the movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Tony and Vanessa in Chapters Seventy-seven and Seventy-eight?
2. What happens during group therapy that shocks Dr. Starr and intensifies the attraction between Conner and Vanessa?
3. What advice does Conner give to Tony about his sexual feelings toward Vanessa?
4. What positive thing does Vanessa decide to do when visiting her grandmother?
5. What happens when Conner goes home for the weekend?
6. What was the nature of Tony and Phillip's relationship?
7. Why is Tony worried about Conner?
8. Why does Conner become so upset during the movie outing?
9. What happens between Vanessa and her father that reinforces in her mind that she has the support of her family?
10. What is Tony's response to Conner's questions about his sexuality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the three teen characters has been admitted to Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital for attempted suicide.
1) How and why did Vanessa attempt suicide?
2) How and why did Conner attempt suicide?
3) How and why did Tony attempt suicide?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Hildalgo assigns the teens an essay on the Patriot Act.
1) What is the Patriot Act?
2) Why is it included in the book?
3) How does Conner feel about the subject?
4) How does Vanessa feel about the subject?
5) How does Tony feel about the subject?
6) What do their essays tell the reader about their personalities?
7) How do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
The students are assigned to write poems about their happiest memories. The poems they write reveal their intimate feelings.
1) What does Vanessa write about and what does her writing tell the reader about her state of mind?
2) What does Tony write about and what does his writing tell the reader about his state of mind?
3) What does Conner write about and what does his writing tell the reader about his state of mind?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)