|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Ninety-six, what does Tony do before he crosses the bridge?
2. In Chapter Fifty-five, what does Conner ask Tony about?
3. In Chapter Fifty-six, who is Tony testing?
4. Where is the Wilderness Challenge Camp located?
5. When was Vanessa's mother's disorder finally diagnosed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Tony and Vanessa in Chapters Seventy-seven and Seventy-eight?
2. What does Vanessa discover about being outdoors?
3. What advice does Conner give to Tony about his sexual feelings toward Vanessa?
4. How did Tony meet Phillip?
5. What dis Conner's mother say in her letter to him?
6. Why is Vanessa getting sick in the bathroom?
7. Why doesn't Conner think he is ready to go home after the wilderness challenge?
8. What does Tony tell Conner he did that caused him to be sent to juvenile hall?
9. What was the nature of Tony and Phillip's relationship?
10. What happens between Vanessa and her father that reinforces in her mind that she has the support of her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The students have already discussed their happiest memories, but don't reveal their darkest memories until they are at the wilderness camp.
1) What was Vanessa's darkest time and how did it change her?
2) What was Conner's darkest time and how did it change him?
3) What was Tony's darkest time and how did it change him?
Essay Topic 2
Each of the three teen characters has been admitted to Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital for attempted suicide.
1) How and why did Vanessa attempt suicide?
2) How and why did Conner attempt suicide?
3) How and why did Tony attempt suicide?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Hildalgo assigns the teens an essay on the Patriot Act.
1) What is the Patriot Act?
2) Why is it included in the book?
3) How does Conner feel about the subject?
4) How does Vanessa feel about the subject?
5) How does Tony feel about the subject?
6) What do their essays tell the reader about their personalities?
7) How do you feel about it?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)