|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Vanessa when she begins to think about Conner's hand on her back?
2. Who does Vanessa believe she is in love with?
3. What does Vanessa actually write about?
4. Who asks Tony to read his poem?
5. Who will the kids have to rely on while at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of Tony and Phillip's relationship?
2. Who is Carmella?
3. What does Dr. Starr think when Conner says he doesn't want to go home for Easter?
4. Why does Conner become so upset during the movie outing?
5. How did Tony meet Phillip?
6. What dis Conner's mother say in her letter to him?
7. What happens to Vanessa as she begins to think about Conner's hand on her back?
8. Why doesn't Conner think he is ready to go home after the wilderness challenge?
9. What does Conner think about Tony after they finish talking in Chapter Fifty-Five?
10. What will the wilderness challenge be like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the novel progresses it is apparent that Tony and Vanessa have developed feelings for each other. However, Tony is portrayed as being gay. What happens between the two characters? Is Tony gay? Why might Tony be confused about his sexuality? Why might Vanessa be hesitant to express her feelings for Tony?
Essay Topic 2
Where is Vanessa's father and why did he leave his family? What is Vanessa's grandmother like? Does she support her granddaughter? What does Vanessa's father tell her when they are home together for the Easter holiday? What are his motives for what he tells her?
Essay Topic 3
Each of the three teen characters has been admitted to Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital for attempted suicide.
1) How and why did Vanessa attempt suicide?
2) How and why did Conner attempt suicide?
3) How and why did Tony attempt suicide?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)