|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bryan inadvertently stop Vanessa from cutting herself?
2. What does Vanessa actually write about?
3. How does Conner behave on the way to wilderness camp?
4. What does Tony's father's letter say?
5. In Chapter Fifty-Eight, what does Conner write about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Vanessa as she begins to think about Conner's hand on her back?
2. Why is Vanessa getting sick in the bathroom?
3. What happens between Tony and Vanessa in Chapters Seventy-seven and Seventy-eight?
4. Who is Carmella?
5. Why doesn't Conner think he is ready to go home after the wilderness challenge?
6. Why is Tony worried about Conner?
7. What dis Conner's mother say in her letter to him?
8. Why does Conner become so upset during the movie outing?
9. What was the nature of Tony and Phillip's relationship?
10. What does Vanessa realize about her time at wilderness camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has happened to Tony in his life:
1) Where is Tony's father?
2) Where is Tony's mother?
3) What happened to Tony at the hands of his mother's ex-boyfriend?
4) How does Tony use his sexuality to get what he wants?
Essay Topic 2
As a part of obtaining Level One, the teens had to attend church with the group. How do each of the main characters feel about church and faith? Why do you think the author has included God and faith in the book and in the level system of Aspen Springs?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Leona? How was she a part of Conner's life? What happened between Conner and Leona? How did their situation come to an end? How does Conner feel about what happened between them?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)