|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Conner about church?
(a) That it is so pretty.
(b) That the pastor allows Tony to attend.
(c) That he thinks the choir director is hot.
(d) That it is mandatory for Level One.
2. How does Tony react to Vanessa's tears?
(a) He walks away.
(b) By yelling at her.
(c) By holding her.
(d) He pats her back.
3. Why does Conner ask Mr. Hidalgo about due process?
(a) He wants Mr. Hidalgo to think he is cool.
(b) So Vanessa thinks he is cool.
(c) To see what makes him tick.
(d) To expose hypocracy.
4. Who does Conner say he wants to see in Chapter Forty?
(a) His mother.
5. In Chapter Fifty-four, after taking her medication, who does Vanessa insult at dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who barges into Vanessa's room when she is half dressed?
2. How does Tony feel about trying his father what he asked for?
3. Who is the teacher in Chapter Thirty-six?
4. What does Vanessa secretly worry about?
5. How does Tony begin to feel about Vanessa in Chapter Forty-one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Starr want Conner to do in order to make it to Level Three?
2. Why is Vanessa afraid of church?
3. What does Tony remember about the Truckee River?
4. In Chapter Thirty-seven, what do Conner and Tony write their essays about?
5. In Chapter Thirty, what goes on between Vanessa and Conner?
6. What happened to Tony's friend Phillip?
7. Why is Tony in Aspen Springs psychiatric hospital?
8. What happens between Conner and his mother during their visit?
9. What does Conner think about when he achieves Level Three?
10. How are Conner and his twin sister, Cara, different?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)