|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Emily go to jail over her relationship with Conner?
(a) She is underage.
(b) He gave consent.
(c) His parents didn't press charges.
(d) He is sixteen.
2. Who does Tony remember as the only person who never lied to him or tried to hurt him?
3. In Chapter Nine, where is Vanessa?
(a) Adventure camp.
(b) Group therapy.
(c) In the commons room.
(d) Individual counseling.
4. What does Conner do with most of his time?
5. Who barges into Vanessa's room when she is half dressed?
(b) Dr. Starr.
6. Why does Conner ask Mr. Hidalgo about due process?
(a) So Vanessa thinks he is cool.
(b) To see what makes him tick.
(c) To expose hypocracy.
(d) He wants Mr. Hidalgo to think he is cool.
7. What does Tony say to Conner when Conner reveals he used Dr. Boston to his advantage?
(a) He's a fool.
(b) Players often get played by better players.
(c) Do unto others as he would have done to him.
(d) Cheaters never prosper.
8. What did Vanessa take during the fight that broke out in Chapter Forty-three?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A car.
(c) A razor blade.
(d) A soda can tab.
9. What does Vanessa do when Conner whispers in her ear at dinner?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She blushes.
(d) She cries.
10. How does Vanessa think her father would feel about Tony?
(a) He would want to kill him.
(b) He would like him.
(c) He would disapprove.
(d) He wouldn't care.
11. What surprises Conner about church?
(a) That it is so pretty.
(b) That he thinks the choir director is hot.
(c) That the pastor allows Tony to attend.
(d) That it is mandatory for Level One.
12. What psychiatric disorder does Vanessa have?
(a) Manic-depressive disorder.
(b) Dissociative disorder.
(d) Attention deficit disorder.
13. Why is Tony mad at everyone?
(a) He has has to take medication.
(b) He hasn't been allowed to watch TV.
(c) He has been locked in a room by himself.
(d) He doesn't like Connor.
14. Why did Tony scatter Phillip's ashes at a fishing hole on the Truckee River?
(a) It was where Phillip requested to be buried.
(b) Because it was their favorite spot.
(c) He was angry and wanted Phillip to wash away.
(d) So an elusive fish will never forget him.
15. What is the name of the psychiatric hospital where Conner is staying?
(a) Camp Springs.
(b) Aspen Springs.
(c) Starr's Place.
(d) Redwood Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Conner's grades fall before he attempted suicide?
2. In Chapter Eleven, what does Stanley want to know when Vanessa holds up her bandaged arm?
3. Why doesn't Tony want to tell someone in charge about Vanessa's cuts?
4. Who does Conner want to see on his supervised trips?
5. In Chapter Eight, what does Tony think of Dr. Boston?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)