|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Tony has seen his father?
(a) He has never seen his father.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
2. How did Phillip die?
(d) Car accident.
3. Vanessa dislikes the way in which Lori and Dahlia view sex. What is their view on sex?
(a) They think of it as love.
(b) They think of it as a commodity.
(c) They think of it as adventure.
(d) They think of it as horrible.
4. Who is arrested in Chapter Forty-one?
5. In Chapter Fifteen, why does Vanessa feel bad for her grandmother?
(a) Her grandmother didn't know about Vanessa's disorder.
(b) Her grandmother works hard and has to take care of Bryan.
(c) Her grandmother is poor and must pay for Aspen Springs.
(d) Her grandmother is sick with cancer.
6. Who does Conner want to see on his supervised trips?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. Why does Tony think patients begin short-lived relationships with each other?
(a) They have things in common.
(b) They do it because it is taboo.
(c) They want to feel loved and needed.
(d) They are bored.
8. Who barges into Vanessa's room when she is half dressed?
(a) Dr. Starr.
9. What impresses Vanessa about Conner?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His clothes.
10. Who was Conner's nanny?
11. What does Vanessa secretly worry about?
(a) That she is a sinner.
(b) That she is schizophrenic.
(c) That she is bipolar.
(d) That she is gay.
12. How does Vanessa feel about increasing security to protect the country?
(a) She is against it.
(b) She is torn.
(c) She doesn't care about the issue..
(d) She thinks it is necessary.
13. In Chapter Twenty, what is wrong with Vanessa when Tony sees her in the hallway?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is too excited.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She is lonely.
14. What drug did Tony use to attempt suicide?
15. In Chapter Twenty-Five, who does Conner decide to be friends with at dinner time?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Vanessa saw her father?
2. Who is the teacher in Chapter Thirty-six?
3. What does Vanessa do when Conner whispers in her ear at dinner?
4. What is the subject of Tony's essay?
5. What is the name of Conner's twin sister?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)