|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was life like for Conner and Cara?
(a) They struggled for their father's attention.
(b) They had a happy childhood.
(c) They struggled for food and shelter.
(d) They were unable to play with friends.
2. Why do Conner's parents want him to maintain good grades?
(a) So he can graduate from high school.
(b) So he can go to medical school.
(c) So he can be released.
(d) So he can go to law school.
3. In Chapter Fifteen, why does Vanessa feel bad for her grandmother?
(a) Her grandmother is sick with cancer.
(b) Her grandmother works hard and has to take care of Bryan.
(c) Her grandmother is poor and must pay for Aspen Springs.
(d) Her grandmother didn't know about Vanessa's disorder.
4. In Chapter Twenty-Five, what reward is Conner given for opening up to Dr. Boston?
(a) TV privileges.
(b) A night out.
(c) Level One privileges.
(d) Level A privileges.
5. What did Vanessa take during the fight that broke out in Chapter Forty-three?
(a) A razor blade.
(b) A car.
(c) A soda can tab.
(d) A wallet.
6. Who was Conner's nanny?
7. Who called 911 after Vanessa attempted suicide?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
8. What does Vanessa do when Conner whispers in her ear at dinner?
(a) She blushes.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is shocked.
9. In Chapter Sixteen, who is Conner thinking about seducing?
(a) Dr. Starr.
(c) Dr. Boston.
10. Why doesn't Tony want to tell someone in charge about Vanessa's cuts?
(a) He considers the staff the enemy.
(b) Vanessa warned him not to.
(c) She will be on lock down.
(d) He doesn't want to be a snitch.
11. Who is arrested in Chapter Forty-one?
12. How does Vanessa feel now that she has seen her grandmother?
(a) She wants to run away and hide.
(b) She wants to go home and see her family.
(c) She wants to kill herself even more now.
(d) She wants to do drugs.
13. Why did Kate tell Conner he would have been dropped to a lower level if it hadn't been visitation day?
(a) He cursed at her.
(b) He slept in.
(c) He refused to eat.
(d) He left group therapy.
14. Why is Vanessa afraid of church?
(a) She is afraid God will punish her for attempting suicide.
(b) Her mother tried to introduce her to air angels there.
(c) A member of her church tried to rape her.
(d) She used to go to church with her grandfather.
15. How does Vanessa think her father would feel about Tony?
(a) He wouldn't care.
(b) He would want to kill him.
(c) He would like him.
(d) He would disapprove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vanessa use to cut herself in Chapter Thirty?
2. Who begins to fight while the police are searching Aspen Springs?
3. How does Vanessa feel about increasing security to protect the country?
4. Where is Vanessa's father?
5. What is Conner's level at the end of Chapter Forty-Nine?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)