|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the wilderness camp that students attend at Level Four?
(a) Challenge by Choice.
(b) Complete Camp.
(c) Aspen Wilderness.
(d) Arctic Circle.
2. Why did Tony scatter Phillip's ashes at a fishing hole on the Truckee River?
(a) He was angry and wanted Phillip to wash away.
(b) It was where Phillip requested to be buried.
(c) Because it was their favorite spot.
(d) So an elusive fish will never forget him.
3. In Chapter Twenty-Five, who does Conner decide to be friends with at dinner time?
4. How long has it been since Tony has seen his father?
(a) Three years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) He has never seen his father.
(d) Ten years.
5. Who is arrested in Chapter Forty-one?
6. Who spoke with the authorities after Conner tried to kill himself?
(b) His school.
(d) His mother.
7. How does Tony begin to feel about Vanessa in Chapter Forty-one?
(a) He wonders if she is a liar.
(b) He feels she is jealous of his relationship with Conner.
(c) He might be in love with her.
(d) He thinks she is his best friend.
8. In Chapter Six, what type of assignment does Mr. Hidalgo assign the students?
(a) An art project.
(b) A diorama.
(c) An essay.
(d) A debate.
9. Why did Conner's grades fall before he attempted suicide?
(a) Because of a girl.
(b) Because he was on drugs.
(c) Because he hated his mother.
(d) Because he was drinking.
10. Who comes to visit Vanessa in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend.
11. What does Conner reveal about his relationships?
(a) They were about feeling cool.
(b) They were about sex.
(c) They were about lack of caring and compassion.
(d) They were about having things paid for.
12. In Chapter Twenty-Five, what reward is Conner given for opening up to Dr. Boston?
(a) A night out.
(b) TV privileges.
(c) Level One privileges.
(d) Level A privileges.
13. What did Vanessa take during the fight that broke out in Chapter Forty-three?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A soda can tab.
(c) A car.
(d) A razor blade.
14. What is the name of the psychiatric hospital where Conner is staying?
(a) Starr's Place.
(b) Camp Springs.
(c) Aspen Springs.
(d) Redwood Room.
15. What do they eat?
(a) Tofu and sprouts.
(b) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(d) BBQ and beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony come to understand about Conner while they are getting to know each other In Chapter Twenty-six?
2. Vanessa dislikes the way in which Lori and Dahlia view sex. What is their view on sex?
3. What does Phillip tell Tony about God's feelings toward gays?
4. In Chapter Twenty-eight, what does Conner decide about Vanessa?
5. In Chapter Eleven, what does Stanley want to know when Vanessa holds up her bandaged arm?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)