|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Feeney's reaction when he first sees the beautiful Jerry Fitzgerald?
2. What effect has Commander Whitney's mistake had on his relationship with Eve?
3. How long does Commander Whitney give Eve to solve her case in Chapter 2 before he will reassign it to another officer?
4. What is unusual to Eve about the employees in Club Zigzag?
5. Where is Roarke when Eve arrives home after her session with Dr. Mira?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the condition of Boomer's apartment when Eve and Peabody investigate it.
2. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
3. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
4. Why does Eve think that Pandora's murder and Boomer's are linked?
5. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
6. Does Eve approach her interview of Mavis concerning Pandora's murder in Chapter 4 as a cop or as a friend and how does Mavis respond to Eve's approach?
7. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
8. What incidents in Chapter 2 show Eve's competence as a police officer?
9. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
10. Why is Eve terrified of marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Eve's dreams are a recurring motif throughout Immortal in Death. Cite three examples from the text of the use of this motif and discuss what you think the dreams represent in each example.
Essay Topic 3
Casto is the antagonist of the novel and Eve is the protagonist of the novel. What character flaws and strengths do you see in each character? How do these flaws and strengths help or hinder the characters in their relationships throughout the course of the novel and in their homicide investigations? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)