|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
3. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
2. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
3. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
4. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
6. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
7. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
8. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
9. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
10. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 2
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
Essay Topic 3
Casto is the antagonist of the novel and Eve is the protagonist of the novel. What character flaws and strengths do you see in each character? How do these flaws and strengths help or hinder the characters in their relationships throughout the course of the novel and in their homicide investigations? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,946 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)