|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Boomer's room do Eve and her partner find a blue powder that turns out to be an illegal substance, i.e. a drug?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Eve's fiance Roarke?
3. Which of the following is not an amenity found in Roarke's home?
4. In what city does Immortal in Death occur?
5. What is on the walls of Leonardo's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
2. Why is Eve terrified of marriage?
3. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
4. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
5. Why does Roarke have such a state of the art gym?
6. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
7. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
9. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
10. Why is Eve suspicious of Paul Redford and desirous of interrogating him a second time in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Immortal in Death takes place in New York in 2058. Discuss how the geographical and chronological setting affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if the author had set the novel in present day New York instead. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Roarke and Eve. How do their childhood histories impact their present relationship? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
This section contains 1,926 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)