|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eve make an appointment with Dr. Mira, the police psychologist?
2. What security measure is present in the lobby of Boomer's flophouse?
3. What does Roarke tell Eve about the safety of space travel?
4. What weapon was used to kill Pandora?
5. Who in Chapter 4 claims that Pandora was high on drugs the night she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
2. What conflict does Eve experience regarding Mavis while investigating Pandora's murder?
3. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
4. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
5. Why does Mavis call Eve in a panic in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
6. Describe the futuristic world in which Immortal in Death is set.
7. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
8. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
9. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
10. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the police characters in the story: Peabody, Commander Whitney, Casto, and Feeney. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)