Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
3. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
2. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
3. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
4. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
6. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
7. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
8. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
9. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
10. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
The idea of looking younger motivates characters in Immortal in Death to take the drug Immortality. Discuss the influence of the entertainment industry in which many of the characters of the novel are involved on their desire to look perpetually young and their willingness to take addictive and potentially fatal drugs in an attempt to do so. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the treatment of women in Immortal in Death. Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Does the treatment of women in the futuristic world of the novel change any from what it is in the present day, or do women seem to be receiving the same treatment as they are now? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)