|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonardo say in Chapter 1 will make Eve look like a goddess?
2. In Chapter 2, which fellow police officer does Eve ask to assist her with Boomer's murder case?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
4. When he awakens at the beginning of Chapter 5, why doesn't Leonardo remember where he was the previous night?
5. What does Eve think Roarke balances well and that she could learn to balance better?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how intuition affects Eve's investigation of murder cases.
2. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
3. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
4. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
5. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
6. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
7. Describe Eve's childhood and how her childhood experiences motivated her to become a cop.
8. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
9. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
10. What testimony does Leonardo give about the night of Pandora's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casto is the antagonist of the novel and Eve is the protagonist of the novel. What character flaws and strengths do you see in each character? How do these flaws and strengths help or hinder the characters in their relationships throughout the course of the novel and in their homicide investigations? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Roarke and Eve. How do their childhood histories impact their present relationship? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
The idea of looking younger motivates characters in Immortal in Death to take the drug Immortality. Discuss the influence of the entertainment industry in which many of the characters of the novel are involved on their desire to look perpetually young and their willingness to take addictive and potentially fatal drugs in an attempt to do so. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)