|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
3. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
2. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
3. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
4. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
6. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
7. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
8. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
9. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
10. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the novel's theme of getting too personally involved in a situation. Include a discussion of the danger Eve faces of getting too personally involved in the investigation of Pandora's murder when her friend Mavis is charged with the crime, a discussion of how Commander Whitney got too personally involved in a previous case, and how Peabody becomes too personally involved with Casto during the murder investigation to see his true character. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 3
Several murders and attempted murders occur in the novel. Discuss the theme of murder in the novel. What are the motivations for the murders and attempted murders? What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,946 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)