|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect has Commander Whitney's mistake had on his relationship with Eve?
2. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
3. What is frustrating about Chief Tech Dickie Berenski's processing of evidence in the police station lab?
4. What kind of domestic staff does Pandora employ?
5. With whom does Justin Young tell Eve that Pandora was romantically involved at the time of her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
2. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
3. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
4. Why is Eve terrified of marriage?
5. Does Eve approach her interview of Mavis concerning Pandora's murder in Chapter 4 as a cop or as a friend and how does Mavis respond to Eve's approach?
6. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
7. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
8. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
9. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
10. What incidents in Chapter 2 show Eve's competence as a police officer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eve's dreams are a recurring motif throughout Immortal in Death. Cite three examples from the text of the use of this motif and discuss what you think the dreams represent in each example.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the police characters in the story: Peabody, Commander Whitney, Casto, and Feeney. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Immortal in Death takes place in New York in 2058. Discuss how the geographical and chronological setting affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if the author had set the novel in present day New York instead. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)