|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
2. Who is Summerset?
3. At what event did Mavis's face get injured?
4. Which fellow police officer does Eve request as her assistant in the investigation of Boomer's murder?
5. What does Eve observe on Mavis's hand during their call?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
2. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
3. How does Eve's session with Dr. Mira leave Eve feeling at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What is Paul Redford's history with Pandora?
5. What testimony does Leonardo give about the night of Pandora's murder?
6. Does Eve approach her interview of Mavis concerning Pandora's murder in Chapter 4 as a cop or as a friend and how does Mavis respond to Eve's approach?
7. Describe the futuristic world in which Immortal in Death is set.
8. How has Eve's relationship with her superior officer, Commander Whitney, changed since Eve's last case?
9. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
10. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Immortal in Death takes place in New York in 2058. Discuss how the geographical and chronological setting affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if the author had set the novel in present day New York instead. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Immortal in Death contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)