|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eve called to the chief's office concerning the Pandora and Boomer homicides?
2. What does Casto invite Eve to do with him in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 7, who accuses Eve of being an incompetent investigator and an incompetent friend for arresting Mavis?
4. What are the benefits of Boomer's drug?
5. What is Mavis's attitude about the media attention her arrest is bringing her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
2. What do Eve and her fiance Roarke have in common?
3. Explain how intuition affects Eve's investigation of murder cases.
4. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
5. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
6. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
7. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. Does Eve approach her interview of Mavis concerning Pandora's murder in Chapter 4 as a cop or as a friend and how does Mavis respond to Eve's approach?
9. What prompts Eve to make an appointment with the police psychologist?
10. Why does Eve have to treat Mavis with more aggression than a usual suspect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eve's relationship with Summerset and how it changes or grows during the course of the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Several murders and attempted murders occur in the novel. Discuss the theme of murder in the novel. What are the motivations for the murders and attempted murders? What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)