|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mavis's reaction when Eve tells her Leonard has confessed to Pandora's murder?
2. What does the chief order Eve and Casto to do about the Boomer and Pandora cases?
3. What does Jerry Fitzgerald say about Pandora's drug use?
4. What mistake has Eve's superior officer Commander Whitney made in the past while working a case with Eve?
5. What is Roarke's relationship with Pandora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
2. What do Eve and her fiance Roarke have in common?
3. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
4. What prompts Eve to make an appointment with the police psychologist?
5. Why is Mavis calm at breakfast in Chapter 8 despite the fact that a murder charge is hanging over her head?
6. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
7. What testimony does Leonardo give about the night of Pandora's murder?
8. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
9. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
10. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of looking younger motivates characters in Immortal in Death to take the drug Immortality. Discuss the influence of the entertainment industry in which many of the characters of the novel are involved on their desire to look perpetually young and their willingness to take addictive and potentially fatal drugs in an attempt to do so. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)