|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What off planet location did Pandora visit shortly before her death?
2. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo in Chapter 2 when she finds him with Eve and Mavis?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, when Eve comes home after her session with Dr. Mira, who does she expect to greet her?
4. Why does Roarke consider his home's many amenities survival tools?
5. What is Casto's relationship with Boomer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
2. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. How has Eve's relationship with her superior officer, Commander Whitney, changed since Eve's last case?
4. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Mavis call Eve in a panic in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
6. Why does Eve have to treat Mavis with more aggression than a usual suspect?
7. Does Eve approach her interview of Mavis concerning Pandora's murder in Chapter 4 as a cop or as a friend and how does Mavis respond to Eve's approach?
8. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
9. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
10. Why is Mavis calm at breakfast in Chapter 8 despite the fact that a murder charge is hanging over her head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationships of Mavis and Leonardo, Justin and Jerry, and Peabody and Casto. Do either of the secondary characters' romances mirror that of Eve and Roarke? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)