|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casto want Eve to get from the police lab for him?
2. At what event did Mavis's face get injured?
3. What is Roarke's relationship with Pandora?
4. Who posts bail for Mavis?
5. What does Eve find in Boomer's room in the same place where she finds the blue powder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roarke have such a state of the art gym?
2. Why is Officer Feeney so in awe of Justin Young and Jerry Fitzgerald when he and Eve interrogate them in Chapter 6 and how does his beguilement affect the interview?
3. Describe the condition of Boomer's apartment when Eve and Peabody investigate it.
4. What conflict does Eve experience regarding Mavis while investigating Pandora's murder?
5. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
6. Why does Eve think that Pandora's murder and Boomer's are linked?
7. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. Describe Eve's childhood and how her childhood experiences motivated her to become a cop.
9. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
10. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eve's dreams are a recurring motif throughout Immortal in Death. Cite three examples from the text of the use of this motif and discuss what you think the dreams represent in each example.
Essay Topic 2
While Eve is a homicide detective, her fiancé Roarke is one of the richest men in the world. Discuss how Roarke's wealth affects his relationship with Eve and Eve's police investigations. What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through her depiction of Roarke's wealth and Eve's lack of wealth in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of drug use in Immortal in Death. Include the use and sale of Immortality as well as the drugs Roarke gives Eve to relax her and the sedative Jerry receives at the rehab center. What do you think the author is trying to say about drug use? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)