|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul Redford's relationship to Pandora?
2. What expensive equipment do Eve and her partner find in Boomer's room?
3. What does Eve observe on Mavis's hand during their call?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Boomer's room?
5. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence in Chapter 4 makes Mavis look guilty of murdering Pandora?
2. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
3. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
4. Describe Eve's childhood and how her childhood experiences motivated her to become a cop.
5. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
6. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
7. Why does Mavis call Eve in a panic in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
8. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
9. Describe the condition of Boomer's apartment when Eve and Peabody investigate it.
10. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of looking younger motivates characters in Immortal in Death to take the drug Immortality. Discuss the influence of the entertainment industry in which many of the characters of the novel are involved on their desire to look perpetually young and their willingness to take addictive and potentially fatal drugs in an attempt to do so. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Eve's relationship with Summerset and how it changes or grows during the course of the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)