|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mavis's lawyers advise her to resume her relationship with Leonardo?
2. Whose computer does Eve use at the end of Chapter 3 to analyze the blue powder from Boomer's room?
3. What kind of sandwich does Feeney order at Club Zigzag?
4. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
5. How does Eve react when Pandora attacks her at Leonardo's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
2. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
3. What incidents in Chapter 2 show Eve's competence as a police officer?
4. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
5. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
6. Describe the futuristic world in which Immortal in Death is set.
7. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
8. What conflict does Eve experience regarding Mavis while investigating Pandora's murder?
9. Why does Eve think that Pandora's murder and Boomer's are linked?
10. What prompts Eve to make an appointment with the police psychologist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eve's relationship with Summerset and how it changes or grows during the course of the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the police characters in the story: Peabody, Commander Whitney, Casto, and Feeney. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)