|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is furious at the beginning of Chapter 19 to learn Eve is not immediately charging Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
(d) Commander Whitney.
2. Why does Casto think Jerry Fitzgerald overdoses on Immortality?
(a) To spare her parents the humiliation of a trial.
(b) To avoid the negative publicity her arrest would bring.
(c) To avoid going to jail.
(d) To take the fall for Justin Young, the real killer.
3. Who does Roarke think is both dangerous and interested in Eve romantically?
(c) Paul Redford.
4. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
(a) Her new family of friends comes to her rescue.
(b) The dose of the drug given to her is small.
(c) Summerset saves her from the killer.
(d) She has not consumed alcohol at her bachelor party.
5. What does the AutoChef in Roarke's car serve Eve at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(b) Pepperoni pizza.
(c) Chicken Kiev.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eve interviews Paul Redford in Chapter 14, which of Redford's financial transactions arouses Eve's suspicions?
2. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. Who admits to Eve during questioning that he is working on a drug formulation of Immortality but was unaware of its addictive and lethal qualities?
4. Why does Justin hate the person against whom he wants to testify?
5. Who does Casto tell Eve in Chapter 15 must be responsible for all three murders they are investigating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
2. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
3. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
4. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
5. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
6. Why is Eve suspicious of Paul Redford and desirous of interrogating him a second time in Chapter 14?
7. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
8. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
9. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
10. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)