|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is furious at the beginning of Chapter 19 to learn Eve is not immediately charging Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
(c) Commander Whitney.
2. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
(a) Her new family of friends comes to her rescue.
(b) The dose of the drug given to her is small.
(c) She has not consumed alcohol at her bachelor party.
(d) Summerset saves her from the killer.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Eve think she's had instead of a nightmare?
(a) A flashback.
(b) A psychotic break.
(c) A hallucination.
(d) A prophetic vision.
4. Who does Eve provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne at Leonardo's fashion show?
(a) She distracts Jerry while Peabody interviews Leonardo.
(b) So she can search Jerry's dressing room upon Jerry's arrest.
(c) She wants to prove Jerry is capable of violence.
(d) She hates Jerry.
5. Why does Jerry Fitzgerald take Immortality?
(a) She does anything new and trendy.
(b) It energizes her.
(c) So she'll look as youthful as Pandora.
(d) She takes any drug that comes along.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the AutoChef in Roarke's car serve Eve at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
4. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
5. Whose public breakup does Nadine Furst report to Eve in the parking garage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
2. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
3. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
4. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
5. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
6. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
7. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
8. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
9. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
10. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)