|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Lamont Ro's.
(b) Jerry Fitzgerald's.
(d) Paul Redford's.
2. About what does Crack tease Eve?
(a) Wearing a costume that matches his.
(b) Arresting his wife.
(c) Outdrinking him.
(d) Becoming one of his dancers.
3. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
(a) To get more attractive for her wedding.
(b) To question the hair stylist about Pandora.
(c) To keep Mavis happy & keep her mind off the murder charge.
(d) To please Roarke.
4. Which of the following statements is not a reason the new murder seems to clear Mavis of Pandora's murder?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald confesses to killing Pandora.
(b) The two murders were likely committed by one killer.
(c) The circumstances of both murders are similar.
(d) Mavis has an ironclad alibi for this murder.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) He is a short, slender Asian man.
(b) He has a tatooed face.
(c) He is a large black man.
(d) He wears a pink loincloth with a feathered vest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roarke think is both dangerous and interested in Eve romantically?
2. Who has leaked information about the murder investigation to Channel 75 news reporter Nadine Furst?
3. Why does Casto think Jerry Fitzgerald overdoses on Immortality?
4. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
5. When Eve interviews Paul Redford in Chapter 14, which of Redford's financial transactions arouses Eve's suspicions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
2. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
3. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
4. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
5. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
6. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
7. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
8. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
9. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
10. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)