|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
(a) Justin Young confesses to the murders.
(b) Paul Redmond confesses to the murders.
(c) Police administrators accept Jerry Fitzgerald as the killer.
(d) Leonardo confesses to the murders.
2. While at the florists with Roarke to select the flowers for her wedding, what information does Eve ask the florist to divulge?
(a) A list of flowers available off planet.
(b) A list of importers of Immortal Blossoms from Eden Colony.
(c) A list of traditional wedding flowers.
(d) A list of rose colors.
3. Which of the following statements is not something Crack tells Eve about Boomer's last time in his club?
(a) Boomer was there with a woman named Hetta Moppett.
(b) Boomer was there with Mavis.
(c) Boomer seemed afraid.
(d) Boomer talked about having full pockets, i.e. money.
4. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve does not immediately charge Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
(a) She's not convinced of Jerry's guilt.
(b) Jerry hasn't confessed to the crime.
(c) She thinks Jerry is too stoned to understand the charges.
(d) She doesn't want to take orders from Casto.
5. When Eve interviews Paul Redford in Chapter 14, which of Redford's financial transactions arouses Eve's suspicions?
(a) His receipt of two million dollars from Pandora.
(b) His payment of three hundred thousand dollars to Pandora.
(c) Pandora's purchase of stock in a company Redmond owns.
(d) His purchase of stock in a company Pandora owned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to assist Eve when she awakens after a nightmare about her abusive childhood in Chapter 12?
2. Who is furious at the beginning of Chapter 19 to learn Eve is not immediately charging Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
3. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. What tip does Eve get about Pandora's drug source while getting her makeover?
5. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
2. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
3. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
4. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
5. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
6. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
7. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
8. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
9. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
10. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)