|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Paul Redford's.
(c) Lamont Ro's.
(d) Jerry Fitzgerald's.
2. Whose public breakup does Nadine Furst report to Eve in the parking garage?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald and Justin Young.
(b) Peabody and Casto.
(c) Leonardo and Mavis.
(d) Commander Whitney and his wife.
3. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(d) Paul Redmond.
4. What incident allows Jerry Fitzgerald to escape the police officer assigned to guard her room and get a fatal dose of Immortality?
(a) A violent patient at the rehab center escapes.
(b) Justin Young helps Jerry escape.
(c) Jerry knocks the officer unconscious.
(d) The officer falls asleep.
5. What foods does Roarke say Eve would live off of if he didn't keep his AutoChef well stocked?
(a) Soy dogs and soy bologna.
(b) Soy burgers and irradiated powdered eggs.
(c) Coffee and donuts.
(d) Tuna fish and grilled cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to assist Eve when she awakens after a nightmare about her abusive childhood in Chapter 12?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Eve think she's had instead of a nightmare?
3. Which of the following statements is not something Crack tells Eve about Boomer's last time in his club?
4. Who is furious at the beginning of Chapter 19 to learn Eve is not immediately charging Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
5. When the murder victim's girlfriend arrives to identify the victim, what does Eve have to do to prevent the woman from contaminating the crime scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
2. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
3. What does Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink contain and how does this ingredient relate to Pandora's murder?
4. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
5. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
6. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
7. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
8. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
9. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
10. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)