|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tip does Eve get about Pandora's drug source while getting her makeover?
(a) The source is female.
(b) Pandora made intergalactic palm link calls to the source.
(c) The source frequents the Zigzag Club.
(d) The source is one of Pandora's relatives.
2. When Eve interviews Paul Redford in Chapter 14, which of Redford's financial transactions arouses Eve's suspicions?
(a) Pandora's purchase of stock in a company Redmond owns.
(b) His purchase of stock in a company Pandora owned.
(c) His receipt of two million dollars from Pandora.
(d) His payment of three hundred thousand dollars to Pandora.
3. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
(a) Nectar from the Immortal Blossom from Eden Colony.
(b) Nectar from the lapena rose from the 2nd moon of Toem.
(c) Nectar from the Morpheus Pod from Alpha Eight.
(d) Nectar from the Caldu Plant from Arcturus Five.
4. Which of the following statements is not something Crack tells Eve about Boomer's last time in his club?
(a) Boomer seemed afraid.
(b) Boomer was there with Mavis.
(c) Boomer was there with a woman named Hetta Moppett.
(d) Boomer talked about having full pockets, i.e. money.
5. Who does Roarke call to assist him with Eve after she awakens from her nightmare in acute emotional distress in Chapter 13?
(c) Dr. Mira.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Eve think she's had instead of a nightmare?
2. Which suspect in Pandora's murder case does Feeney learn has had a meeting with a travel consultant about a trip for two to the Eden Colony?
3. What startling fact from her childhood does Eve remember at the end of Chapter 12?
4. Which of the following people do not attend the girls' bachelor party held for Eve?
5. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
2. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
3. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
5. Why is Eve suspicious of Paul Redford and desirous of interrogating him a second time in Chapter 14?
6. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
7. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
8. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
9. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
10. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)