|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident allows Jerry Fitzgerald to escape the police officer assigned to guard her room and get a fatal dose of Immortality?
(a) The officer falls asleep.
(b) Justin Young helps Jerry escape.
(c) Jerry knocks the officer unconscious.
(d) A violent patient at the rehab center escapes.
2. About what does Crack tease Eve?
(a) Arresting his wife.
(b) Outdrinking him.
(c) Wearing a costume that matches his.
(d) Becoming one of his dancers.
3. Which of the following statements is not a reason the new murder seems to clear Mavis of Pandora's murder?
(a) Mavis has an ironclad alibi for this murder.
(b) Jerry Fitzgerald confesses to killing Pandora.
(c) The two murders were likely committed by one killer.
(d) The circumstances of both murders are similar.
4. What startling fact from her childhood does Eve remember at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) That she lived on the streets and had to beg for food.
(b) That she was kidnapped as a child.
(c) That she murdered her abusive father.
(d) That her father murdered her mother.
5. For what does Eve arrest Paul Redford?
(b) Drug possession.
(c) Pandora's murder.
(d) Boomer's murder.
6. What does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald's blue energy drink contains?
7. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
(a) To get more attractive for her wedding.
(b) To keep Mavis happy & keep her mind off the murder charge.
(c) To please Roarke.
(d) To question the hair stylist about Pandora.
8. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
(a) As payment for Pandora's appearance in a film he produced.
(b) As a blackmail payment.
(c) As an investment in a business he later learned didn't exist.
(d) As a loan to Pandora.
9. When Eve shows up to stakeout the place she thinks Jerry Fitzgerald will go after her release from jail, who is hiding in the bushes with Peabody?
(d) Paul Redford.
10. While at the florists with Roarke to select the flowers for her wedding, what information does Eve ask the florist to divulge?
(a) A list of traditional wedding flowers.
(b) A list of flowers available off planet.
(c) A list of rose colors.
(d) A list of importers of Immortal Blossoms from Eden Colony.
11. Who has leaked information about the murder investigation to Channel 75 news reporter Nadine Furst?
(d) Commander Whitney.
12. Which of the following people do not attend the girls' bachelor party held for Eve?
(b) Mavis and Trina.
(c) Nadine Furst and Dr. Mira.
13. What similarity does the new murder have to Boomer's murder and Pandora's?
(a) The victim's face has been beaten.
(b) Leonardo knew the victim.
(c) Immortality is found in the corpse's bloodstream.
(d) Mavis knew the victim.
14. Who leads Eve and Peabody into the laboratory of Dr. Engrave?
(b) Anna-6, a lab droid.
15. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Lamont Ro's.
(b) Jerry Fitzgerald's.
(c) Paul Redford's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
2. When the murder victim's girlfriend arrives to identify the victim, what does Eve have to do to prevent the woman from contaminating the crime scene?
3. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
4. What foods does Roarke say Eve would live off of if he didn't keep his AutoChef well stocked?
5. Whose public breakup does Nadine Furst report to Eve in the parking garage?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)