|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eve say she can't be a cop any more or marry Roarke, and that she should be arrested?
(a) She thinks she is responsible for Boomer's death.
(b) She thinks she should be prosecuted for her father's murder.
(c) She has had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She is stressed from arresting her friend Mavis.
2. For what does Paul Redford have a license?
(a) Teaching high school.
(c) Practicing medicine.
(d) Driving a taxicab.
3. Who turns out to be the real killer and the person behind the sales of Immortality?
4. Why does Justin hate the person against whom he wants to testify?
(a) Redmond was a rival for Pandora's love.
(b) Redmond killed Pandora.
(c) Redmond tried to sabotage Justin's acting career.
(d) Redmond got Justin's girlfriend Jerry hooked on Immortality.
5. Which of the following people do not attend the girls' bachelor party held for Eve?
(a) Nadine Furst and Dr. Mira.
(c) Mavis and Trina.
6. How does Paul Redford's attorney attend Eve's interview of Redford at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Via telephone.
(c) Via a legal droid who records the entire proceeding.
(d) In a wheelchair.
7. Who does Roarke think is both dangerous and interested in Eve romantically?
(c) Paul Redford.
8. When Eve interviews Paul Redford in Chapter 14, which of Redford's financial transactions arouses Eve's suspicions?
(a) Pandora's purchase of stock in a company Redmond owns.
(b) His receipt of two million dollars from Pandora.
(c) His payment of three hundred thousand dollars to Pandora.
(d) His purchase of stock in a company Pandora owned.
9. What does Dickie Berenski discover in Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink?
10. What new color does Trina tell Mavis she has for hair?
(c) Pink with silver tipping.
(d) Aqua with yellow highlights.
11. What similarity does the new murder have to Boomer's murder and Pandora's?
(a) Immortality is found in the corpse's bloodstream.
(b) Leonardo knew the victim.
(c) The victim's face has been beaten.
(d) Mavis knew the victim.
12. What does Roarke try to give Eve to drink after her nightmare at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A massage.
(b) A tranquilizing drink.
(c) A calming cup of herbal tea.
(d) A tranquilizing injection.
13. Whose public breakup does Nadine Furst report to Eve in the parking garage?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald and Justin Young.
(b) Peabody and Casto.
(c) Leonardo and Mavis.
(d) Commander Whitney and his wife.
14. Who does Casto tell Eve in Chapter 15 must be responsible for all three murders they are investigating?
(a) Paul Redford.
15. What does the AutoChef in Roarke's car serve Eve at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(b) Pepperoni pizza.
(d) Chicken Kiev.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not something Crack tells Eve about Boomer's last time in his club?
2. Who has leaked information about the murder investigation to Channel 75 news reporter Nadine Furst?
3. When Eve shows up to stakeout the place she thinks Jerry Fitzgerald will go after her release from jail, who is hiding in the bushes with Peabody?
4. About what does Crack tease Eve?
5. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)