|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eve on the night of her bachelor party when she goes to the bathroom to check on Peabody?
(a) She gets drunk and passes out.
(b) She falls and breaks an ankle.
(c) She is shot during an attempt to rob the club.
(d) She is given an injection & forced into an empty room.
2. What does the AutoChef in Roarke's car serve Eve at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(b) Pepperoni pizza.
(c) Chicken Kiev.
3. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald's.
(b) Lamont Ro's.
(c) Paul Redford's.
4. Why does Eve say she can't be a cop any more or marry Roarke, and that she should be arrested?
(a) She thinks she should be prosecuted for her father's murder.
(b) She has had a nervous breakdown.
(c) She thinks she is responsible for Boomer's death.
(d) She is stressed from arresting her friend Mavis.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) He is a large black man.
(b) He has a tatooed face.
(c) He wears a pink loincloth with a feathered vest.
(d) He is a short, slender Asian man.
6. Who finds the tattooed dancer Mavis claims to have watched after leaving Pandora's house the night of Pandora's murder?
(c) Commander Whitney.
7. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
(a) To get more attractive for her wedding.
(b) To keep Mavis happy & keep her mind off the murder charge.
(c) To question the hair stylist about Pandora.
(d) To please Roarke.
8. What similarity does the new murder have to Boomer's murder and Pandora's?
(a) Leonardo knew the victim.
(b) Mavis knew the victim.
(c) The victim's face has been beaten.
(d) Immortality is found in the corpse's bloodstream.
9. About what does Crack tease Eve?
(a) Wearing a costume that matches his.
(b) Arresting his wife.
(c) Becoming one of his dancers.
(d) Outdrinking him.
10. What does Eve think motivates Casto to pin Pandora's murder on Jerry Fitzgerald?
(a) He wants to make a name for himself in the media.
(b) He hates junkies like Jerry.
(c) He wants to solve the case to get promoted to captain.
(d) He is an inexperienced homicide investigator.
11. With whom is Peabody becoming romantically involved as a result of investigating Boomer's murder?
(b) Commander Whitney.
12. Which of the following statements is not a reason the new murder seems to clear Mavis of Pandora's murder?
(a) The circumstances of both murders are similar.
(b) Mavis has an ironclad alibi for this murder.
(c) Jerry Fitzgerald confesses to killing Pandora.
(d) The two murders were likely committed by one killer.
13. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
(a) Police administrators accept Jerry Fitzgerald as the killer.
(b) Leonardo confesses to the murders.
(c) Justin Young confesses to the murders.
(d) Paul Redmond confesses to the murders.
14. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
(a) Nectar from the lapena rose from the 2nd moon of Toem.
(b) Nectar from the Immortal Blossom from Eden Colony.
(c) Nectar from the Morpheus Pod from Alpha Eight.
(d) Nectar from the Caldu Plant from Arcturus Five.
15. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A safe house in the mountains.
(c) A rehab center for substance addiction.
(d) Eden Colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns out to be the real killer and the person behind the sales of Immortality?
2. Where does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald will go once she's released from jail?
3. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
4. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
5. Why does Casto think Jerry Fitzgerald overdoses on Immortality?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)