|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
(a) Nectar from the Immortal Blossom from Eden Colony.
(b) Nectar from the lapena rose from the 2nd moon of Toem.
(c) Nectar from the Morpheus Pod from Alpha Eight.
(d) Nectar from the Caldu Plant from Arcturus Five.
2. Who has leaked information about the murder investigation to Channel 75 news reporter Nadine Furst?
(c) Commander Whitney.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) He wears a pink loincloth with a feathered vest.
(b) He has a tatooed face.
(c) He is a large black man.
(d) He is a short, slender Asian man.
4. Who turns out to be the real killer and the person behind the sales of Immortality?
5. What startling fact from her childhood does Eve remember at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) That she murdered her abusive father.
(b) That her father murdered her mother.
(c) That she was kidnapped as a child.
(d) That she lived on the streets and had to beg for food.
6. What similarity does the new murder have to Boomer's murder and Pandora's?
(a) The victim's face has been beaten.
(b) Immortality is found in the corpse's bloodstream.
(c) Leonardo knew the victim.
(d) Mavis knew the victim.
7. Who is furious at the beginning of Chapter 19 to learn Eve is not immediately charging Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
(d) Commander Whitney.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Eve think she's had instead of a nightmare?
(a) A psychotic break.
(b) A prophetic vision.
(c) A hallucination.
(d) A flashback.
9. Which of the following statements is not something Crack tells Eve about Boomer's last time in his club?
(a) Boomer seemed afraid.
(b) Boomer was there with Mavis.
(c) Boomer was there with a woman named Hetta Moppett.
(d) Boomer talked about having full pockets, i.e. money.
10. What does Crack tell Eve the unknown drug blend on the streets is called?
11. For what does Eve arrest Paul Redford?
(a) Drug possession.
(c) Boomer's murder.
(d) Pandora's murder.
12. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
(b) Paul Redmond.
(c) Jerry Fitzgerald.
13. What does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald's blue energy drink contains?
14. What foods does Roarke say Eve would live off of if he didn't keep his AutoChef well stocked?
(a) Coffee and donuts.
(b) Soy burgers and irradiated powdered eggs.
(c) Soy dogs and soy bologna.
(d) Tuna fish and grilled cheese.
15. What is Hetta Moppett's tie to the murders Eve is investigating?
(a) She is a new police officer assigned to help Eve.
(b) Eve finds the unknown drug on Hetta's corpse.
(c) She was Pandora's best friend.
(d) She knew Boomer and is murdered the same way he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Casto tell Eve in Chapter 15 must be responsible for all three murders they are investigating?
2. Why does Justin hate the person against whom he wants to testify?
3. Why does Casto think Jerry Fitzgerald overdoses on Immortality?
4. Which of the following people do not attend the girls' bachelor party held for Eve?
5. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)