|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
(a) A rehab center for substance addiction.
(b) A safe house in the mountains.
(c) A hospital.
(d) Eden Colony.
2. Who turns out to be the real killer and the person behind the sales of Immortality?
3. Who does Roarke call to assist him with Eve after she awakens from her nightmare in acute emotional distress in Chapter 13?
(d) Dr. Mira.
4. For what does Eve arrest Paul Redford?
(a) Boomer's murder.
(b) Drug possession.
(d) Pandora's murder.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Eve think she's had instead of a nightmare?
(a) A psychotic break.
(b) A prophetic vision.
(c) A hallucination.
(d) A flashback.
6. For what does Paul Redford have a license?
(b) Driving a taxicab.
(c) Practicing medicine.
(d) Teaching high school.
7. Where does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald will go once she's released from jail?
(a) Justin Young's apartment.
(b) Leonardo's loft.
(c) Her attorney's office.
(d) Paul Redford's home.
8. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(d) Paul Redmond.
9. What does Eve think motivates Casto to pin Pandora's murder on Jerry Fitzgerald?
(a) He wants to solve the case to get promoted to captain.
(b) He wants to make a name for himself in the media.
(c) He hates junkies like Jerry.
(d) He is an inexperienced homicide investigator.
10. Where is Eve's girls' bachelor party held?
(a) Club Paradiso.
(b) Club Zigzag.
(c) The Down and Dirty Club.
(d) Charlie's Moroccan Paradise.
11. What garment does Leonardo make Eve try on in Chapter 12?
(a) A business suit.
(b) A foundation garment to go under her wedding dress.
(c) A space suit.
(d) Her wedding dress.
12. Who finds the tattooed dancer Mavis claims to have watched after leaving Pandora's house the night of Pandora's murder?
(c) Commander Whitney.
13. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
(a) As payment for Pandora's appearance in a film he produced.
(b) As a blackmail payment.
(c) As a loan to Pandora.
(d) As an investment in a business he later learned didn't exist.
14. Why does Eve say she can't be a cop any more or marry Roarke, and that she should be arrested?
(a) She has had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She thinks she should be prosecuted for her father's murder.
(c) She thinks she is responsible for Boomer's death.
(d) She is stressed from arresting her friend Mavis.
15. What happens to Eve on the night of her bachelor party when she goes to the bathroom to check on Peabody?
(a) She falls and breaks an ankle.
(b) She is given an injection & forced into an empty room.
(c) She is shot during an attempt to rob the club.
(d) She gets drunk and passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eve interviews Paul Redford in Chapter 14, which of Redford's financial transactions arouses Eve's suspicions?
2. What does Dickie Berenski discover in Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink?
3. When Eve shows up to stakeout the place she thinks Jerry Fitzgerald will go after her release from jail, who is hiding in the bushes with Peabody?
4. Who does Eve provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne at Leonardo's fashion show?
5. Who comes to assist Eve when she awakens after a nightmare about her abusive childhood in Chapter 12?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)