|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
(a) As an investment in a business he later learned didn't exist.
(b) As a loan to Pandora.
(c) As payment for Pandora's appearance in a film he produced.
(d) As a blackmail payment.
2. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
(a) She has not consumed alcohol at her bachelor party.
(b) Summerset saves her from the killer.
(c) Her new family of friends comes to her rescue.
(d) The dose of the drug given to her is small.
3. When Eve shows up to stakeout the place she thinks Jerry Fitzgerald will go after her release from jail, who is hiding in the bushes with Peabody?
(b) Paul Redford.
4. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
(a) Police administrators accept Jerry Fitzgerald as the killer.
(b) Leonardo confesses to the murders.
(c) Paul Redmond confesses to the murders.
(d) Justin Young confesses to the murders.
5. For what does Eve arrest Paul Redford?
(a) Pandora's murder.
(b) Drug possession.
(d) Boomer's murder.
6. Where does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald will go once she's released from jail?
(a) Her attorney's office.
(b) Justin Young's apartment.
(c) Leonardo's loft.
(d) Paul Redford's home.
7. About what does Crack tease Eve?
(a) Outdrinking him.
(b) Wearing a costume that matches his.
(c) Arresting his wife.
(d) Becoming one of his dancers.
8. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve does not immediately charge Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
(a) She thinks Jerry is too stoned to understand the charges.
(b) She's not convinced of Jerry's guilt.
(c) Jerry hasn't confessed to the crime.
(d) She doesn't want to take orders from Casto.
9. Who does Roarke think is both dangerous and interested in Eve romantically?
(c) Paul Redford.
10. With whom is Peabody becoming romantically involved as a result of investigating Boomer's murder?
(c) Commander Whitney.
11. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
(a) Nectar from the Immortal Blossom from Eden Colony.
(b) Nectar from the Morpheus Pod from Alpha Eight.
(c) Nectar from the Caldu Plant from Arcturus Five.
(d) Nectar from the lapena rose from the 2nd moon of Toem.
12. While at the florists with Roarke to select the flowers for her wedding, what information does Eve ask the florist to divulge?
(a) A list of rose colors.
(b) A list of flowers available off planet.
(c) A list of traditional wedding flowers.
(d) A list of importers of Immortal Blossoms from Eden Colony.
13. When the murder victim's girlfriend arrives to identify the victim, what does Eve have to do to prevent the woman from contaminating the crime scene?
(a) Knock the woman out.
(b) Mace the woman.
(c) Handcuff the woman.
(d) Arrest the woman.
14. Why does Jerry Fitzgerald take Immortality?
(a) It energizes her.
(b) She takes any drug that comes along.
(c) She does anything new and trendy.
(d) So she'll look as youthful as Pandora.
15. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
(a) To question the hair stylist about Pandora.
(b) To get more attractive for her wedding.
(c) To please Roarke.
(d) To keep Mavis happy & keep her mind off the murder charge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which East End club does Eve visit at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. Who comes to assist Eve when she awakens after a nightmare about her abusive childhood in Chapter 12?
3. What startling fact from her childhood does Eve remember at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What does Eve think motivates Casto to pin Pandora's murder on Jerry Fitzgerald?
5. What tip does Eve get about Pandora's drug source while getting her makeover?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)