Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
(a) Police administrators accept Jerry Fitzgerald as the killer.
(b) Justin Young confesses to the murders.
(c) Leonardo confesses to the murders.
(d) Paul Redmond confesses to the murders.
2. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
(a) A rehab center for substance addiction.
(b) Eden Colony.
(c) A safe house in the mountains.
(d) A hospital.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) He is a large black man.
(b) He wears a pink loincloth with a feathered vest.
(c) He has a tatooed face.
(d) He is a short, slender Asian man.
4. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
(b) Paul Redmond.
(c) Jerry Fitzgerald.
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
(a) Her new family of friends comes to her rescue.
(b) She has not consumed alcohol at her bachelor party.
(c) Summerset saves her from the killer.
(d) The dose of the drug given to her is small.
6. Who leads Eve and Peabody into the laboratory of Dr. Engrave?
(d) Anna-6, a lab droid.
7. When the murder victim's girlfriend arrives to identify the victim, what does Eve have to do to prevent the woman from contaminating the crime scene?
(a) Arrest the woman.
(b) Handcuff the woman.
(c) Mace the woman.
(d) Knock the woman out.
8. What does Eve think motivates Casto to pin Pandora's murder on Jerry Fitzgerald?
(a) He hates junkies like Jerry.
(b) He wants to solve the case to get promoted to captain.
(c) He is an inexperienced homicide investigator.
(d) He wants to make a name for himself in the media.
9. What startling fact from her childhood does Eve remember at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) That her father murdered her mother.
(b) That she was kidnapped as a child.
(c) That she lived on the streets and had to beg for food.
(d) That she murdered her abusive father.
10. Who admits during questioning to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
(b) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(c) Paul Redmond.
(d) Justin Young.
11. What is Redford's reaction when Eve presses him about the suspicious financial matter?
(a) He says he needs his lawyer.
(b) He insists the matter is innocent.
(c) He confesses to murdering Pandora.
(d) He flees the police station.
12. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) Paul Redford's.
(c) Lamont Ro's.
(d) Jerry Fitzgerald's.
13. What happens to Eve on the night of her bachelor party when she goes to the bathroom to check on Peabody?
(a) She is shot during an attempt to rob the club.
(b) She falls and breaks an ankle.
(c) She is given an injection & forced into an empty room.
(d) She gets drunk and passes out.
14. When Eve interviews Paul Redford in Chapter 14, which of Redford's financial transactions arouses Eve's suspicions?
(a) His receipt of two million dollars from Pandora.
(b) His purchase of stock in a company Pandora owned.
(c) Pandora's purchase of stock in a company Redmond owns.
(d) His payment of three hundred thousand dollars to Pandora.
15. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
(a) As payment for Pandora's appearance in a film he produced.
(b) As a blackmail payment.
(c) As a loan to Pandora.
(d) As an investment in a business he later learned didn't exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dickie Berenski discover in Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink?
2. Who has leaked information about the murder investigation to Channel 75 news reporter Nadine Furst?
3. Who does Casto tell Eve in Chapter 15 must be responsible for all three murders they are investigating?
4. Who finds the tattooed dancer Mavis claims to have watched after leaving Pandora's house the night of Pandora's murder?
5. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)