|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She has been in a car wreck and is injured.
(b) She thinks Pandora is dead and doesn't know what to do.
(c) She is stranded at a downtown club and needs a ride home.
(d) She is locked out of her apartment.
2. Where does Leonardo awaken at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) A city street.
(b) The floor of Mavis's living room.
(c) His car's back seat.
(d) A jail cell.
3. To what does Leonardo confess?
(a) Drug possession.
(b) Pandora's murder.
(c) Drug peddling.
(d) Boomer's murder.
4. What does the chief order Eve and Casto to do about the Boomer and Pandora cases?
(a) Tie Mavis to both cases.
(b) Give both cases to Peabody and Feeney.
(c) Cooperate with each other with Eve still primary investigator.
(d) Split the cases with each handling one.
5. What does Casto invite Eve to do with him in Chapter 5?
(a) Join him on a stakeout.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Investigate a case together.
(d) Go out to eat.
6. What is Roarke's relationship with Pandora?
(a) He's her brother.
(b) He's her boss.
(c) He's her landlord.
(d) He once had a romance with her.
7. Who accompanies Eve to Leonardo's apartment to assist Mavis?
8. What does Leonardo say in Chapter 1 will make Eve look like a goddess?
(a) Her new makeup.
(b) The high heels she buys from him.
(c) The bronze silk wedding gown he designs.
(d) Her new hairstyle.
9. Who calls Eve "Sir"?
10. Which police officer takes Mavis into Interview to question her about Pandora's death?
11. What does Leonardo fear when he notices an abundance of dried blood on his arm and hand and clothing upon waking?
(a) That he is severely injured.
(b) That he has killed someone.
(c) That someone has tried to kill him.
(d) That he shot himself by sleeping on his gun.
12. What is Paul Redford's relationship to Pandora?
(a) He is her lover and business partner.
(b) He is her agent.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her landlord.
13. What time is it when Eve gets home after spending all day investigating Boomer's death?
(a) Ten in the morning.
(b) Three in the morning.
14. At what event did Mavis's face get injured?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A fashion show.
(c) A party at Pandora's house.
(d) A rock concert.
15. What does Eve ask Leonardo at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) If he's got any warrants for which she can arrest him.
(b) If he will let her and Mavis move in with him.
(c) If he will give her and Mavis a ride to Roarke's.
(d) If he's using Mavis to get a commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Eve use to get the report she needs from Dickie Berenski?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 10, when Eve comes home after her session with Dr. Mira, who does she expect to greet her?
3. When he awakens at the beginning of Chapter 5, why doesn't Leonardo remember where he was the previous night?
4. Who provides the best defense team in the country for Mavis?
5. What weapon was used to kill Pandora?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)