|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Eve's fiance Roarke?
(a) Killer blue eyes and thick black hair.
(b) Faint Irish accent.
(c) Blonde hair and green eyes.
(d) Strong face and poet's mouth.
2. What is Leonardo's reaction when attacked by Pandora?
(a) He uses martial arts to defend himself from attack.
(b) He evades Pandora and wrings his hands.
(c) He pulls a gun and threatens to shoot Pandora.
(d) He flees the apartment and leaves Eve with Pandora.
3. What does Leonardo say in Chapter 1 will make Eve look like a goddess?
(a) The bronze silk wedding gown he designs.
(b) Her new hairstyle.
(c) Her new makeup.
(d) The high heels she buys from him.
4. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
(a) He was her snitch.
(b) He was her boyfriend.
(c) He was her uncle.
(d) He was her boss.
5. What is in Roarke's holoroom?
(a) Expensive paintings.
(b) Hundreds of videogames.
(c) Home movies.
(d) Sculpture and other works of art.
6. What is Pandora's relationship with Leonardo?
(a) She's his lover.
(b) She's his neighbor.
(c) She's his cousin.
(d) She's his sister.
7. Why has Mavis come to Leonardo's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) To move in with Leonardo.
(b) To talk with Leonardo about their relationship.
(c) To spend the night.
(d) To kill Leonardo.
8. Which of the following statements does not describe Jake Casto?
(a) Long, straight nose and sly dimple.
(b) A sun-bleached cowboy.
(c) Wheat-colored hair, tanned face, and bottle-green eyes.
(d) Short and unattractive.
9. What off planet location did Pandora visit shortly before her death?
(a) Planet Zaygo.
(b) Starlight Station.
(c) Carpatinian Station.
(d) The moon.
10. What does Eve observe on Mavis's hand during their call?
(a) A mole.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A bandage.
11. What does Eve realize Roarke has done to her at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He has drugged her to make her sleep.
(b) He has confined her to her room.
(c) He has poisoned her.
(d) He has stolen her car.
12. What does Eve learn about the security camera at Pandora's?
(a) It was turned off remotely for a critical ninety minutes.
(b) It's tape is missing.
(c) It's been stolen.
(d) It's broken.
13. Who broke Eve's arm when she was a child?
(a) Her mother.
(b) One of her teachers.
(c) Her babysitter.
(d) Her father.
14. What are "Free-Agers"?
(a) Followers of a new religion advocating vegetarianism.
(c) People into rural living and having children.
(d) People not ashamed of growing old.
15. Who goes with Eve to Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(c) Commander Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides the best defense team in the country for Mavis?
2. In Chapter 7, who accuses Eve of being an incompetent investigator and an incompetent friend for arresting Mavis?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Boomer's room?
4. Who calls Eve "Sir"?
5. How long does Commander Whitney give Eve to solve her case in Chapter 2 before he will reassign it to another officer?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)