|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the novel's opening line, what does the protagonist say is murder?
(a) Playing raquetball.
(b) Wearing high heeled shoes.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Navigating through New York traffic.
2. Where do Eve and Peabody find Jake Casto when they return to the police station after meeting with Dickie Berenski in Chapter 8?
(a) In Eve's office sitting at her desk.
(b) At the coffee pot in the employee lounge.
(c) In Peabody's office sitting at her desk.
(d) With Commander Whitney.
3. What does Casto invite Eve to do with him in Chapter 5?
(a) Go dancing.
(b) Join him on a stakeout.
(c) Investigate a case together.
(d) Go out to eat.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Boomer's room?
(a) Dirty laundry and linens everywhere.
(b) A hot room with a single locked window.
(c) Pristine, swept, and mopped.
(d) Empty fast-food boxes everywhere.
5. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
(a) A hamburger and fries.
(b) Lobster and caviar.
(c) Eggs and tea.
(d) Steak and a baked potato with wine.
6. With whom did Justin Young attend the party at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(b) His brother, Felix.
(c) His manager, Paul Redford.
(d) His wife, Suzanne.
7. Who is responsible for the scratches and bruises on Mavis's face in Chapter 4?
8. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
(a) She has just won the lottery.
(b) She has a man who loves her.
(c) She has the best lawyers a billionaire can buy.
(d) She has the city's number-one cop on her side.
9. Which police officer takes Mavis into Interview to question her about Pandora's death?
10. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
(a) So he can give Eve love letters to relay to Mavis.
(b) So he can tell Eve what he knows about Pandora's murder.
(c) So Eve can explain to him Mavis's legal situation.
(d) So he can fit Eve's wedding dress to her.
11. What does Roarke tell Eve about the safety of space travel?
(a) It's safer than driving in the city.
(b) It's dangerous without proper equipment and training.
(c) It's as safe as traveling in a plane.
(d) It's very dangerous and he doesn't want her to do it.
12. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
(a) He was her uncle.
(b) He was her snitch.
(c) He was her boyfriend.
(d) He was her boss.
13. What is Casto's relationship with Boomer?
(a) Casto often arrested Boomer.
(b) Casto is Boomer's neighbor.
(c) Like Eve, Casto used Boomer as a snitch.
(d) Casto is Boomer's brother.
14. What does Eve observe on Mavis's hand during their call?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A mole.
(d) A bandage.
15. What color has Mavis dyed her hair at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Sapphire blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Eve use to get the report she needs from Dickie Berenski?
2. Where is Roarke when Eve arrives home after her session with Dr. Mira?
3. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
4. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. Whose fashion show does Jerry Fitzgerald want to give her support to now that Pandora is dead and unable to support it?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)