|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) She follows the barks of his pet dog.
(b) A compumap.
(c) The wall sensor.
(d) She follows the scent of his cologne.
2. What does Eve find in Boomer's room in the same place where she finds the blue powder?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sealed disc.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A box of stolen jewels.
3. What time is it when Eve gets home after spending all day investigating Boomer's death?
(a) Three in the morning.
(c) Ten in the morning.
4. What color has Mavis dyed her hair at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Sapphire blue.
5. What term does Mavis use in Chapter 7 to describe a jail cell?
(a) A cage.
(b) A locker with a toilet.
(c) A metal box.
(d) A coffin.
6. What mistake has Eve's superior officer Commander Whitney made in the past while working a case with Eve?
(a) He got too personally involved in a case.
(b) He didn't pursue leads.
(c) He missed key evidence.
(d) He let a suspect get away from him.
7. What does Casto call Peabody in Chapter 8?
(d) Commander Pea.
8. Who provides the best defense team in the country for Mavis?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(d) Mavis's parents.
9. Which fellow police officer does Eve request as her assistant in the investigation of Boomer's murder?
(b) Commander Whitney.
10. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
(a) Pandora had beer in her system when she died.
(b) Pandora had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she died.
(c) Pandora had Boomer's drug in her system when she died.
(d) Pandora ate tofu the day she died.
11. How long does Commander Whitney give Eve to solve her case in Chapter 2 before he will reassign it to another officer?
(a) A month.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
12. Why does Eve interview Paul Redford about Pandora's murder?
(a) He knows Mavis.
(b) He knows Leonardo.
(c) He called a police tip line saying he has information for her.
(d) He attended the party at Pandora's the night of her murder.
13. With whom did Justin Young attend the party at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(b) His manager, Paul Redford.
(c) His wife, Suzanne.
(d) His brother, Felix.
14. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
(a) He was her snitch.
(b) He was her uncle.
(c) He was her boyfriend.
(d) He was her boss.
15. What security measure is present in the lobby of Boomer's flophouse?
(a) A burglar alarm.
(b) A security camera.
(c) A security droid.
(d) A security guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the walls of Leonardo's apartment?
2. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
3. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
4. Why does Commander Whitney advise Eve to step down as primary investigator in Pandora's homicide?
5. What is the relationship between Mavis and Leonardo?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)