|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for the scratches and bruises on Mavis's face in Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
(a) She has the city's number-one cop on her side.
(b) She has a man who loves her.
(c) She has the best lawyers a billionaire can buy.
(d) She has just won the lottery.
3. What is frustrating about Chief Tech Dickie Berenski's processing of evidence in the police station lab?
(a) He's notoriously slow but highly accurate.
(b) He's always losing evidence.
(c) He's fast but inaccurate.
(d) He only processes evidence for cops he likes.
4. What does Eve find in Boomer's room in the same place where she finds the blue powder?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A sealed disc.
(c) A gun.
(d) A box of stolen jewels.
5. With whom did Justin Young attend the party at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(b) His manager, Paul Redford.
(c) His brother, Felix.
(d) His wife, Suzanne.
6. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
(a) At the Zigzag Club.
(b) In Roarke's apartment.
(c) At Leonardo's apartment.
(d) At Eve's office at the police station.
7. Which of the following statements does not describe Eve's fiance Roarke?
(a) Faint Irish accent.
(b) Strong face and poet's mouth.
(c) Killer blue eyes and thick black hair.
(d) Blonde hair and green eyes.
8. What is Paul Redford's relationship to Pandora?
(a) He is her agent.
(b) He is her lover and business partner.
(c) He is her landlord.
(d) He is her father.
9. To what does Leonardo confess?
(a) Drug peddling.
(b) Pandora's murder.
(c) Boomer's murder.
(d) Drug possession.
10. How does Eve identify Pandora's body?
(a) By Pandora's dental records.
(b) By the big birthmark on Pandora's thigh.
(c) By Pandora's red hair.
(d) By Pandora's DNA.
11. What is Justin Young's relationship with Pandora?
(a) He's her lawyer.
(b) He's her business partner.
(c) He's her friend.
(d) He's her coworker.
12. Which of the following statements is not something Eve's computer analysis reveals about the blue powder from Boomer's room?
(a) Its benefits include cell regeneration.
(b) Where it is produced.
(c) It causes euphoria, paranoia, and delusions.
(d) An overdose can kill the user.
13. What is Leonardo's reaction when attacked by Pandora?
(a) He evades Pandora and wrings his hands.
(b) He uses martial arts to defend himself from attack.
(c) He flees the apartment and leaves Eve with Pandora.
(d) He pulls a gun and threatens to shoot Pandora.
14. What is in Roarke's holoroom?
(a) Hundreds of videogames.
(b) Home movies.
(c) Expensive paintings.
(d) Sculpture and other works of art.
15. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
(a) Summerset took Roarke in after finding him in an alley.
(b) Men wanting to hurt Roarke murdered Summerset's daughter.
(c) Roarke studied piano at an early age and was a child prodigy.
(d) Roarke's father beat him and broke his bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Chapter 4 claims that Pandora was high on drugs the night she died?
2. Who goes with Eve to Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What does the chief order Eve and Casto to do about the Boomer and Pandora cases?
4. What does Leonardo say in Chapter 1 will make Eve look like a goddess?
5. Why does Roarke consider his home's many amenities survival tools?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)