|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unpleasant memories does the sight of the body in the morgue in Chapter 2 bring back to Eve?
(a) Memories of her father abusing her as a child.
(b) Memories of a fellow officer's death.
(c) Memories of a previous murder she investigated.
(d) Memories of a fight she was in with a criminal she pursued.
2. Which fellow police officer does Eve request as her assistant in the investigation of Boomer's murder?
(b) Commander Whitney.
3. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
(a) Roarke studied piano at an early age and was a child prodigy.
(b) Men wanting to hurt Roarke murdered Summerset's daughter.
(c) Summerset took Roarke in after finding him in an alley.
(d) Roarke's father beat him and broke his bones.
4. What is Mavis's reaction when Eve tells her Leonard has confessed to Pandora's murder?
(a) She insists Leonardo is incapable of such an act.
(b) She wants him arrested at once.
(c) She confides she has always believed in his guilt.
(d) She is relieved he has confessed so she can go free.
5. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
(a) That someone has killed Leonardo.
(b) That Pandora has killed herself.
(c) That Leonardo's dog is injured.
(d) That Leonardo has injured or killed himself.
6. In which department does Casto work at the police station?
(c) Illegals, i.e. drugs.
7. Why does Roarke consider his home's many amenities survival tools?
(a) He has health issues that require exercise and relaxation.
(b) After a childhood of poverty, he is obsessed with wealth.
(c) They're his means of relaxation in a fast-moving world.
(d) He is a spoiled rich man who can't live without luxuries.
8. What is Eve's experience traveling off planet?
(a) She travels to the moon on a regular basis for work reasons.
(b) She has never gone off planet before.
(c) She used to live on Planet Zaygo.
(d) She has vacationed on Mars and Jupiter.
9. Where is Roarke when Eve arrives home after her session with Dr. Mira?
(a) In his home gymnasium.
(b) At work.
(c) In the shower.
(d) In his car traveling to a business meeting.
10. What is the relationship between Mavis and Leonardo?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are business associates.
(d) They are romantically involved with each other.
11. Who provides the best defense team in the country for Mavis?
(b) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(d) Mavis's parents.
12. What do the security videos at Club Zigzag reveal about Mavis on the night of Pandora's murder that point to her possible guilt in the crime?
(a) She was not there at the time she testified she was.
(b) In the club, her neck was scratched but not her face.
(c) She and Pandora fought there.
(d) She was there with Pandora.
13. What effect has Commander Whitney's mistake had on his relationship with Eve?
(a) They hate each other now.
(b) No effect.
(c) Their friendship deepened.
(d) Their friendship ended.
14. What is unusual about the "I love New York" bumper sticker Eve spots in traffic in Chapter 8?
(a) It's in French.
(b) It's a hologram.
(c) It's two feet wide.
(d) It's neon green and blue.
15. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She has been in a car wreck and is injured.
(b) She is locked out of her apartment.
(c) She thinks Pandora is dead and doesn't know what to do.
(d) She is stranded at a downtown club and needs a ride home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual to Eve about the employees in Club Zigzag?
2. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
3. Which of the following amenities is not found in Roarke's home gym?
4. Who does Pandora attack after attacking Eve and Leonardo?
5. What does Eve learn about the security camera at Pandora's?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)