|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eve think Roarke balances well and that she could learn to balance better?
(a) Rest and exercise.
(b) Relaxation and work.
(c) Nutrition and eating junk food.
(d) Socializing and work.
2. What does Leonardo do in Eve's office in Chapter 5?
(a) He pretends to be a cop.
(b) He faints.
(c) He steals evidence from Eve's desk.
(d) He breaks a vase on Eve's desk.
3. To what does Leonardo confess?
(a) Boomer's murder.
(b) Pandora's murder.
(c) Drug possession.
(d) Drug peddling.
4. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
(a) She has a man who loves her.
(b) She has just won the lottery.
(c) She has the city's number-one cop on her side.
(d) She has the best lawyers a billionaire can buy.
5. Whose parents are Free-Agers?
6. Who provides the best defense team in the country for Mavis?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(d) Mavis's parents.
7. In Chapter 7, who accuses Eve of being an incompetent investigator and an incompetent friend for arresting Mavis?
8. Why does Eve interview Paul Redford about Pandora's murder?
(a) He knows Mavis.
(b) He knows Leonardo.
(c) He attended the party at Pandora's the night of her murder.
(d) He called a police tip line saying he has information for her.
9. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A new apartment.
(b) A new car.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A wedding dress.
10. Which of the following statements is not something Eve's computer analysis reveals about the blue powder from Boomer's room?
(a) Its benefits include cell regeneration.
(b) It causes euphoria, paranoia, and delusions.
(c) Where it is produced.
(d) An overdose can kill the user.
11. What is Justin Young's profession?
(a) He's a race car driver.
(b) He's a tennis pro.
(c) He's a brain surgeon.
(d) He's an actor.
12. Why does Roarke consider his home's many amenities survival tools?
(a) They're his means of relaxation in a fast-moving world.
(b) He has health issues that require exercise and relaxation.
(c) He is a spoiled rich man who can't live without luxuries.
(d) After a childhood of poverty, he is obsessed with wealth.
13. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) She follows the barks of his pet dog.
(b) She follows the scent of his cologne.
(c) A compumap.
(d) The wall sensor.
14. What is in Roarke's holoroom?
(a) Home movies.
(b) Expensive paintings.
(c) Hundreds of videogames.
(d) Sculpture and other works of art.
15. In which department does Casto work at the police station?
(d) Illegals, i.e. drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which police officer takes Mavis into Interview to question her about Pandora's death?
2. What is Paul Redford's relationship to Pandora?
3. What does the chief order Eve and Casto to do about the Boomer and Pandora cases?
4. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
5. What does Casto want Eve to get from the police lab for him?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)