|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expensive equipment do Eve and her partner find in Boomer's room?
(a) Construction tools.
(b) Automotive equipment.
(c) A television.
(d) A data and communication center.
2. Who does Pandora attack after attacking Eve and Leonardo?
3. What is Eve's experience traveling off planet?
(a) She travels to the moon on a regular basis for work reasons.
(b) She has vacationed on Mars and Jupiter.
(c) She has never gone off planet before.
(d) She used to live on Planet Zaygo.
4. Why does Eve make an appointment with Dr. Mira, the police psychologist?
(a) She wants to discuss her feelings for Roarke.
(b) She is consumed with guilt over Boomer's death.
(c) The stress of having to arrest Mavis drives her to the edge.
(d) She is depressed over not getting a promotion.
5. When he awakens at the beginning of Chapter 5, why doesn't Leonardo remember where he was the previous night?
(a) He was injured in a car wreck.
(b) He was hit on the head and has amnesia.
(c) He was drugged.
(d) He drank too much and he can't remember when he drinks.
6. Which of the following statements does not describe Jake Casto?
(a) Short and unattractive.
(b) Wheat-colored hair, tanned face, and bottle-green eyes.
(c) Long, straight nose and sly dimple.
(d) A sun-bleached cowboy.
7. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
(a) He was her snitch.
(b) He was her uncle.
(c) He was her boss.
(d) He was her boyfriend.
8. What security measure is present in the lobby of Boomer's flophouse?
(a) A security guard.
(b) A security droid.
(c) A burglar alarm.
(d) A security camera.
9. Which fellow police officer helps Eve investigate Pandora's homicide?
(d) Commander Whitney.
10. Why do Mavis's lawyers advise her to resume her relationship with Leonardo?
(a) To keep her thinking positively and prevent her depression.
(b) To distract her while Eve searches for the real killer.
(c) To trick Leonardo into confessing to her.
(d) To add a sympathy & romance factor in the public awareness.
11. Who provides the best defense team in the country for Mavis?
(a) Mavis's parents.
(d) Jerry Fitzgerald.
12. What does Eve observe on Mavis's hand during their call?
(a) A bandage.
(b) An engagement ring.
(d) A mole.
13. What does Pandora do for a living?
(a) She's an interplanetary model.
(b) She's a writer.
(c) She's a teacher.
(d) She's a tennis player.
14. In Chapter 7, who accuses Eve of being an incompetent investigator and an incompetent friend for arresting Mavis?
15. Which police officer takes Mavis into Interview to question her about Pandora's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the "I love New York" bumper sticker Eve spots in traffic in Chapter 8?
2. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo in Chapter 2 when she finds him with Eve and Mavis?
3. Why is Eve called to the chief's office concerning the Pandora and Boomer homicides?
4. What is in Roarke's holoroom?
5. What are "Free-Agers"?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)