|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
(a) That Leonardo has injured or killed himself.
(b) That someone has killed Leonardo.
(c) That Pandora has killed herself.
(d) That Leonardo's dog is injured.
2. What is unusual about the "I love New York" bumper sticker Eve spots in traffic in Chapter 8?
(a) It's in French.
(b) It's neon green and blue.
(c) It's two feet wide.
(d) It's a hologram.
3. What does Eve ask Leonardo at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) If he's using Mavis to get a commission.
(b) If he's got any warrants for which she can arrest him.
(c) If he will let her and Mavis move in with him.
(d) If he will give her and Mavis a ride to Roarke's.
4. Which police officer takes Mavis into Interview to question her about Pandora's death?
5. What does Casto invite Eve to do with him in Chapter 5?
(a) Join him on a stakeout.
(b) Investigate a case together.
(c) Go out to eat.
(d) Go dancing.
6. What is on the walls of Leonardo's apartment?
(c) Black paint.
7. What is in Roarke's holoroom?
(a) Sculpture and other works of art.
(b) Expensive paintings.
(c) Home movies.
(d) Hundreds of videogames.
8. With whom did Justin Young attend the party at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder?
(a) His manager, Paul Redford.
(b) His wife, Suzanne.
(c) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(d) His brother, Felix.
9. Who in Chapter 4 claims that Pandora was high on drugs the night she died?
10. What does Casto want Eve to get from the police lab for him?
(a) A sample of the unknown drug he can send to another lab.
(b) The phone number of a cute lab tech.
(c) A copy of the autopsy on Boomer.
(d) A copy of the toxicology report on Pandora.
11. When he awakens at the beginning of Chapter 5, why doesn't Leonardo remember where he was the previous night?
(a) He drank too much and he can't remember when he drinks.
(b) He was drugged.
(c) He was injured in a car wreck.
(d) He was hit on the head and has amnesia.
12. What does Roarke tell Eve about the safety of space travel?
(a) It's as safe as traveling in a plane.
(b) It's dangerous without proper equipment and training.
(c) It's safer than driving in the city.
(d) It's very dangerous and he doesn't want her to do it.
13. What kind of childhood has Eve had?
(a) Happy and prosperous.
(b) One filled with poverty.
(c) One of illness and frequent hospitalization.
(d) Miserable and abusive.
14. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
(a) He was her snitch.
(b) He was her boyfriend.
(c) He was her uncle.
(d) He was her boss.
15. Why do Mavis's lawyers not want to use a truth detection test or hypnosis in her defense?
(a) They don't believe Mavis is emotionally stable enough to test.
(b) They think such tests are unreliable.
(c) They have other defense strategies in mind.
(d) They're afraid of what would be revealed by such tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
2. At what event did Mavis's face get injured?
3. In Chapter 2, which fellow police officer does Eve ask to assist her with Boomer's murder case?
4. What is Leonardo's reaction when attacked by Pandora?
5. Who broke Eve's arm when she was a child?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)