|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roarke consider his home's many amenities survival tools?
(a) He is a spoiled rich man who can't live without luxuries.
(b) They're his means of relaxation in a fast-moving world.
(c) He has health issues that require exercise and relaxation.
(d) After a childhood of poverty, he is obsessed with wealth.
2. What does Eve ask Leonardo at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) If he will let her and Mavis move in with him.
(b) If he's got any warrants for which she can arrest him.
(c) If he will give her and Mavis a ride to Roarke's.
(d) If he's using Mavis to get a commission.
3. Why do Mavis's lawyers not want to use a truth detection test or hypnosis in her defense?
(a) They're afraid of what would be revealed by such tests.
(b) They have other defense strategies in mind.
(c) They don't believe Mavis is emotionally stable enough to test.
(d) They think such tests are unreliable.
4. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
(a) Pandora had Boomer's drug in her system when she died.
(b) Pandora had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she died.
(c) Pandora ate tofu the day she died.
(d) Pandora had beer in her system when she died.
5. Who goes with Eve to Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(d) Commander Whitney.
6. Who accompanies Eve to Leonardo's apartment to assist Mavis?
7. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
(a) At the Zigzag Club.
(b) In Roarke's apartment.
(c) At Leonardo's apartment.
(d) At Eve's office at the police station.
8. What is Justin Young's profession?
(a) He's a tennis pro.
(b) He's a race car driver.
(c) He's an actor.
(d) He's a brain surgeon.
9. Which fellow police officer helps Eve investigate Pandora's homicide?
(b) Commander Whitney.
10. What unpleasant memories does the sight of the body in the morgue in Chapter 2 bring back to Eve?
(a) Memories of a previous murder she investigated.
(b) Memories of her father abusing her as a child.
(c) Memories of a fight she was in with a criminal she pursued.
(d) Memories of a fellow officer's death.
11. Whose computer does Eve use at the end of Chapter 3 to analyze the blue powder from Boomer's room?
(b) Roarke's unlicensed and illegal one.
(c) Peabody's office computer.
12. What is Casto's relationship with Boomer?
(a) Casto often arrested Boomer.
(b) Like Eve, Casto used Boomer as a snitch.
(c) Casto is Boomer's neighbor.
(d) Casto is Boomer's brother.
13. With whom does Justin Young tell Eve that Pandora was romantically involved at the time of her death?
(a) Justin Young.
(b) Kevin Leander.
(d) Tyler Monroe.
14. What are "Free-Agers"?
(a) Followers of a new religion advocating vegetarianism.
(c) People into rural living and having children.
(d) People not ashamed of growing old.
15. In Chapter 7, who accuses Eve of being an incompetent investigator and an incompetent friend for arresting Mavis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roarke tell Eve about the safety of space travel?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Jake Casto?
3. What does Eve realize Roarke has done to her at the end of Chapter 7?
4. How does Eve identify Pandora's body?
5. What does Leonardo say in Chapter 1 will make Eve look like a goddess?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)