|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eve visit Soho in Chapter 1?
(a) To pursue a police investigation.
(b) To visit an old boyfriend.
(c) To look for a new apartment.
(d) To meet a dress designer her friend Mavis recommends.
2. Whose parents are Free-Agers?
3. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
(a) Men wanting to hurt Roarke murdered Summerset's daughter.
(b) Summerset took Roarke in after finding him in an alley.
(c) Roarke studied piano at an early age and was a child prodigy.
(d) Roarke's father beat him and broke his bones.
4. To what does Leonardo confess?
(a) Boomer's murder.
(b) Pandora's murder.
(c) Drug peddling.
(d) Drug possession.
5. In which department does Casto work at the police station?
(c) Illegals, i.e. drugs.
6. Who calls Eve "Sir"?
7. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
(a) He was her snitch.
(b) He was her boss.
(c) He was her boyfriend.
(d) He was her uncle.
8. Whose fashion show does Jerry Fitzgerald want to give her support to now that Pandora is dead and unable to support it?
9. Who does Pandora attack after attacking Eve and Leonardo?
10. What do Boomer's murder and Pandora's murder have in common?
(a) Leonardo knew both victims.
(b) Mavis was acquainted with both victims.
(c) Mavis fought with both victims in public before their deaths.
(d) The unknown drug and death by beating.
11. What does Eve learn about the security camera at Pandora's?
(a) It was turned off remotely for a critical ninety minutes.
(b) It's been stolen.
(c) It's broken.
(d) It's tape is missing.
12. What tactic does Eve use to get the report she needs from Dickie Berenski?
(a) She bribes him with cash.
(b) She threatens to report him to his superiors.
(c) She bribes him with tickets to a baseball game.
(d) She threatens to arrest his son, a drug user.
13. What is Eve's experience traveling off planet?
(a) She has never gone off planet before.
(b) She used to live on Planet Zaygo.
(c) She travels to the moon on a regular basis for work reasons.
(d) She has vacationed on Mars and Jupiter.
14. What unpleasant memories does the sight of the body in the morgue in Chapter 2 bring back to Eve?
(a) Memories of a fight she was in with a criminal she pursued.
(b) Memories of her father abusing her as a child.
(c) Memories of a fellow officer's death.
(d) Memories of a previous murder she investigated.
15. What does Eve think Roarke balances well and that she could learn to balance better?
(a) Socializing and work.
(b) Nutrition and eating junk food.
(c) Rest and exercise.
(d) Relaxation and work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the benefits of Boomer's drug?
2. Who arrests Mavis in Chapter 7 for Pandora's murder?
3. What is unusual to Eve about the employees in Club Zigzag?
4. In Chapter 7, who accuses Eve of being an incompetent investigator and an incompetent friend for arresting Mavis?
5. What does Eve realize Roarke has done to her at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)