|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mavis's reaction when Eve tells her Leonard has confessed to Pandora's murder?
(a) She confides she has always believed in his guilt.
(b) She is relieved he has confessed so she can go free.
(c) She insists Leonardo is incapable of such an act.
(d) She wants him arrested at once.
2. In Chapter 7, who accuses Eve of being an incompetent investigator and an incompetent friend for arresting Mavis?
3. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
(a) That someone has killed Leonardo.
(b) That Pandora has killed herself.
(c) That Leonardo's dog is injured.
(d) That Leonardo has injured or killed himself.
4. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo in Chapter 2 when she finds him with Eve and Mavis?
(a) Shoot Eve and Mavis.
(b) Ruin his designs.
(c) Sue Leonardo.
(d) Withdraw her support of his runway show.
5. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
(a) In Roarke's apartment.
(b) At Eve's office at the police station.
(c) At the Zigzag Club.
(d) At Leonardo's apartment.
6. Which fellow police officer helps Eve investigate Pandora's homicide?
(a) Commander Whitney.
7. What do Boomer's murder and Pandora's murder have in common?
(a) Mavis was acquainted with both victims.
(b) Leonardo knew both victims.
(c) Mavis fought with both victims in public before their deaths.
(d) The unknown drug and death by beating.
8. What is Mavis's attitude about the media attention her arrest is bringing her?
(a) She wants her lawyers to use the media for her defense.
(b) She plans to ignore it and hope it goes away.
(c) She thinks it will help her career.
(d) She hates it and becomes tearful when it's mentioned.
9. What are the negative aspects of Boomer's drug?
(a) It's addictive, causes mood swings, and it kills.
(b) It causes cancer.
(c) It's expensive.
(d) Manufacturing it pollutes the environment.
10. What does the fact that Dickie Berenski's computer is unable to identify one of the components of the drug found in Boomer's room indicate about that component?
(a) That it originates off planet rather than on earth.
(b) That Dickie Berenski's computer is out of date.
(c) That the component is a brand new man-made substance.
(d) That the component is from a foreign country.
11. What does Eve observe on Mavis's hand during their call?
(a) A bandage.
(c) A mole.
(d) An engagement ring.
12. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
(a) Men wanting to hurt Roarke murdered Summerset's daughter.
(b) Roarke studied piano at an early age and was a child prodigy.
(c) Summerset took Roarke in after finding him in an alley.
(d) Roarke's father beat him and broke his bones.
13. What term does Mavis use in Chapter 7 to describe a jail cell?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A metal box.
(c) A locker with a toilet.
(d) A cage.
14. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
(a) She has the city's number-one cop on her side.
(b) She has just won the lottery.
(c) She has a man who loves her.
(d) She has the best lawyers a billionaire can buy.
15. Who is responsible for the scratches and bruises on Mavis's face in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is frustrating about Chief Tech Dickie Berenski's processing of evidence in the police station lab?
2. In what city does Immortal in Death occur?
3. What is the relationship between Mavis and Leonardo?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Jake Casto?
5. In the novel's opening line, what does the protagonist say is murder?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)