|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Chapter 4 claims that Pandora was high on drugs the night she died?
2. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
(a) He was her boyfriend.
(b) He was her snitch.
(c) He was her boss.
(d) He was her uncle.
3. What are "Free-Agers"?
(a) Followers of a new religion advocating vegetarianism.
(b) People into rural living and having children.
(d) People not ashamed of growing old.
4. Why does Eve interview Paul Redford about Pandora's murder?
(a) He knows Mavis.
(b) He called a police tip line saying he has information for her.
(c) He attended the party at Pandora's the night of her murder.
(d) He knows Leonardo.
5. Which of the following statements is not something Eve's computer analysis reveals about the blue powder from Boomer's room?
(a) Its benefits include cell regeneration.
(b) Where it is produced.
(c) It causes euphoria, paranoia, and delusions.
(d) An overdose can kill the user.
6. What does Casto invite Eve to do with him in Chapter 5?
(a) Go dancing.
(b) Go out to eat.
(c) Join him on a stakeout.
(d) Investigate a case together.
7. In which department does Casto work at the police station?
(c) Illegals, i.e. drugs.
8. How long does Commander Whitney give Eve to solve her case in Chapter 2 before he will reassign it to another officer?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
9. What does Casto call Peabody in Chapter 8?
(c) Commander Pea.
10. What does Pandora do for a living?
(a) She's a teacher.
(b) She's a writer.
(c) She's a tennis player.
(d) She's an interplanetary model.
11. Where in Boomer's room do Eve and her partner find a blue powder that turns out to be an illegal substance, i.e. a drug?
(a) Under the mattress.
(b) In the freezer.
(c) In the closet.
(d) On top of the kitchen cabinets.
12. What kind of childhood has Eve had?
(a) One of illness and frequent hospitalization.
(b) One filled with poverty.
(c) Happy and prosperous.
(d) Miserable and abusive.
13. What do the security videos at Club Zigzag reveal about Mavis on the night of Pandora's murder that point to her possible guilt in the crime?
(a) She was not there at the time she testified she was.
(b) She was there with Pandora.
(c) She and Pandora fought there.
(d) In the club, her neck was scratched but not her face.
14. Which of the following is not an amenity found in Roarke's home?
(a) A small theater and a meditation lounge.
(b) A nursery.
(c) A target range.
(d) A Turkish bath and an isolation tank.
15. What is frustrating about Chief Tech Dickie Berenski's processing of evidence in the police station lab?
(a) He's notoriously slow but highly accurate.
(b) He only processes evidence for cops he likes.
(c) He's always losing evidence.
(d) He's fast but inaccurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence from Leonardo does Eve have tested?
2. In what year is Immortal in Death set?
3. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
4. With whom does Justin Young tell Eve that Pandora was romantically involved at the time of her death?
5. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)