|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the benefits of Boomer's drug?
(a) It has anti-aging properties and energizes the user.
(b) It's cheap.
(c) It heals scars and burns.
(d) It heals migraines.
2. What is Pandora's relationship with Leonardo?
(a) She's his lover.
(b) She's his cousin.
(c) She's his sister.
(d) She's his neighbor.
3. What is the relationship between Mavis and Leonardo?
(a) They are romantically involved with each other.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are business associates.
(d) They are siblings.
4. Why does Commander Whitney advise Eve to step down as primary investigator in Pandora's homicide?
(a) She is a close friend to Mavis, the prime suspect in the case.
(b) Whitney thinks Feeney would do a better job than Eve.
(c) She's been working too hard lately and needs a rest.
(d) She needs to concentrate on planning her wedding to Roarke.
5. What does Eve ask Leonardo at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) If he's got any warrants for which she can arrest him.
(b) If he's using Mavis to get a commission.
(c) If he will give her and Mavis a ride to Roarke's.
(d) If he will let her and Mavis move in with him.
6. Which police officer takes Mavis into Interview to question her about Pandora's death?
7. How long does Commander Whitney give Eve to solve her case in Chapter 2 before he will reassign it to another officer?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three days.
(d) A month.
8. What does Leonardo do in Eve's office in Chapter 5?
(a) He faints.
(b) He breaks a vase on Eve's desk.
(c) He pretends to be a cop.
(d) He steals evidence from Eve's desk.
9. What unpleasant memories does the sight of the body in the morgue in Chapter 2 bring back to Eve?
(a) Memories of a fight she was in with a criminal she pursued.
(b) Memories of a fellow officer's death.
(c) Memories of her father abusing her as a child.
(d) Memories of a previous murder she investigated.
10. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
(a) Its overhead simulates starlight, sunshine, or moonlight.
(b) It has a black-bottomed lagoon.
(c) The pool has plastic mermaids floating in it.
(d) It has tropical greenery.
11. What does the fact that Dickie Berenski's computer is unable to identify one of the components of the drug found in Boomer's room indicate about that component?
(a) That Dickie Berenski's computer is out of date.
(b) That the component is a brand new man-made substance.
(c) That it originates off planet rather than on earth.
(d) That the component is from a foreign country.
12. What is Roarke's relationship with Pandora?
(a) He's her landlord.
(b) He's her boss.
(c) He's her brother.
(d) He once had a romance with her.
13. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) A compumap.
(b) She follows the barks of his pet dog.
(c) She follows the scent of his cologne.
(d) The wall sensor.
14. What term does Mavis use in Chapter 7 to describe a jail cell?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A metal box.
(c) A locker with a toilet.
(d) A cage.
15. What weapon was used to kill Pandora?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A silver walking stick with a handle shaped like a wolf.
(d) A rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Mavis come to Leonardo's apartment in Chapter 4?
2. What kind of childhood has Eve had?
3. At what event did Mavis's face get injured?
4. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
5. Where does Leonardo awaken at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)