|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pandora attack after attacking Eve and Leonardo?
2. What does Eve find in Boomer's room in the same place where she finds the blue powder?
(a) A sealed disc.
(b) A gun.
(c) A box of stolen jewels.
(d) A dead body.
3. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A new apartment.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A new car.
4. What kind of sandwich does Feeney order at Club Zigzag?
(a) The Mick Jagger.
(b) The David Cassidy.
(c) The Janis Joplin.
(d) The Elvis Presley.
5. What is Mavis's reaction when Eve tells her Leonard has confessed to Pandora's murder?
(a) She wants him arrested at once.
(b) She confides she has always believed in his guilt.
(c) She insists Leonardo is incapable of such an act.
(d) She is relieved he has confessed so she can go free.
6. How does Eve identify Pandora's body?
(a) By the big birthmark on Pandora's thigh.
(b) By Pandora's dental records.
(c) By Pandora's red hair.
(d) By Pandora's DNA.
7. Which of the following statements does not describe Boomer's room?
(a) Empty fast-food boxes everywhere.
(b) A hot room with a single locked window.
(c) Dirty laundry and linens everywhere.
(d) Pristine, swept, and mopped.
8. What unpleasant memories does the sight of the body in the morgue in Chapter 2 bring back to Eve?
(a) Memories of her father abusing her as a child.
(b) Memories of a fellow officer's death.
(c) Memories of a fight she was in with a criminal she pursued.
(d) Memories of a previous murder she investigated.
9. What time is it when Eve gets home after spending all day investigating Boomer's death?
(a) Ten in the morning.
(d) Three in the morning.
10. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
(a) That Leonardo has injured or killed himself.
(b) That Leonardo's dog is injured.
(c) That someone has killed Leonardo.
(d) That Pandora has killed herself.
11. Which fellow police officer helps Eve investigate Pandora's homicide?
(d) Commander Whitney.
12. What color has Mavis dyed her hair at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) Sapphire blue.
13. What term does Mavis use in Chapter 7 to describe a jail cell?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A cage.
(c) A metal box.
(d) A locker with a toilet.
14. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
(a) Pandora ate tofu the day she died.
(b) Pandora had beer in her system when she died.
(c) Pandora had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she died.
(d) Pandora had Boomer's drug in her system when she died.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 10, when Eve comes home after her session with Dr. Mira, who does she expect to greet her?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Immortal in Death occur?
2. What is Mavis's attitude about the media attention her arrest is bringing her?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Eve's fiance Roarke?
4. What are the negative aspects of Boomer's drug?
5. What is Feeney's reaction when he first sees the beautiful Jerry Fitzgerald?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)