|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Eve gets home after spending all day investigating Boomer's death?
(a) Ten in the morning.
(c) Three in the morning.
2. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
(a) That someone has killed Leonardo.
(b) That Leonardo's dog is injured.
(c) That Pandora has killed herself.
(d) That Leonardo has injured or killed himself.
3. What effect has Commander Whitney's mistake had on his relationship with Eve?
(a) Their friendship deepened.
(b) Their friendship ended.
(c) No effect.
(d) They hate each other now.
4. Who is responsible for the scratches and bruises on Mavis's face in Chapter 4?
5. What unpleasant memories does the sight of the body in the morgue in Chapter 2 bring back to Eve?
(a) Memories of a fellow officer's death.
(b) Memories of her father abusing her as a child.
(c) Memories of a previous murder she investigated.
(d) Memories of a fight she was in with a criminal she pursued.
6. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
(a) She has the best lawyers a billionaire can buy.
(b) She has just won the lottery.
(c) She has the city's number-one cop on her side.
(d) She has a man who loves her.
7. What is Leonardo's reaction when attacked by Pandora?
(a) He pulls a gun and threatens to shoot Pandora.
(b) He flees the apartment and leaves Eve with Pandora.
(c) He uses martial arts to defend himself from attack.
(d) He evades Pandora and wrings his hands.
8. What does Eve ask Leonardo at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) If he's using Mavis to get a commission.
(b) If he will let her and Mavis move in with him.
(c) If he will give her and Mavis a ride to Roarke's.
(d) If he's got any warrants for which she can arrest him.
9. Where in Boomer's room do Eve and her partner find a blue powder that turns out to be an illegal substance, i.e. a drug?
(a) On top of the kitchen cabinets.
(b) In the freezer.
(c) Under the mattress.
(d) In the closet.
10. What is Feeney's reaction when he first sees the beautiful Jerry Fitzgerald?
(a) He faints.
(b) He sucks in his breath and his eyes glaze.
(c) He asks for Jerry's autograph.
(d) He whistles.
11. What are the negative aspects of Boomer's drug?
(a) It's expensive.
(b) Manufacturing it pollutes the environment.
(c) It causes cancer.
(d) It's addictive, causes mood swings, and it kills.
12. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A new car.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A new apartment.
(d) A wedding dress.
13. Who arrests Mavis in Chapter 7 for Pandora's murder?
14. What is Justin Young's relationship with Pandora?
(a) He's her coworker.
(b) He's her friend.
(c) He's her business partner.
(d) He's her lawyer.
15. Which of the following statements does not describe Boomer's room?
(a) Empty fast-food boxes everywhere.
(b) Dirty laundry and linens everywhere.
(c) Pristine, swept, and mopped.
(d) A hot room with a single locked window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mavis's reaction when Eve tells her Leonard has confessed to Pandora's murder?
2. What is Casto's relationship with Boomer?
3. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
4. What expensive equipment do Eve and her partner find in Boomer's room?
5. Why does Eve visit Soho in Chapter 1?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)