|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roarke consider his home's many amenities survival tools?
(a) He is a spoiled rich man who can't live without luxuries.
(b) They're his means of relaxation in a fast-moving world.
(c) After a childhood of poverty, he is obsessed with wealth.
(d) He has health issues that require exercise and relaxation.
2. What do Boomer's murder and Pandora's murder have in common?
(a) Leonardo knew both victims.
(b) The unknown drug and death by beating.
(c) Mavis was acquainted with both victims.
(d) Mavis fought with both victims in public before their deaths.
3. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She is stranded at a downtown club and needs a ride home.
(b) She has been in a car wreck and is injured.
(c) She is locked out of her apartment.
(d) She thinks Pandora is dead and doesn't know what to do.
4. What tactic does Eve use to get the report she needs from Dickie Berenski?
(a) She threatens to report him to his superiors.
(b) She bribes him with tickets to a baseball game.
(c) She threatens to arrest his son, a drug user.
(d) She bribes him with cash.
5. At what event did Mavis's face get injured?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A party at Pandora's house.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A rock concert.
6. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
(a) That Leonardo's dog is injured.
(b) That someone has killed Leonardo.
(c) That Pandora has killed herself.
(d) That Leonardo has injured or killed himself.
7. What is Leonardo's reaction when attacked by Pandora?
(a) He uses martial arts to defend himself from attack.
(b) He evades Pandora and wrings his hands.
(c) He pulls a gun and threatens to shoot Pandora.
(d) He flees the apartment and leaves Eve with Pandora.
8. What does Leonardo say in Chapter 1 will make Eve look like a goddess?
(a) Her new hairstyle.
(b) The bronze silk wedding gown he designs.
(c) Her new makeup.
(d) The high heels she buys from him.
9. What kind of domestic staff does Pandora employ?
(a) A housekeeper and a butler.
(b) Domestic droids.
(c) Maids and a housekeeper.
(d) A housekeeper only.
10. Which of the following statements does not describe Boomer's room?
(a) Empty fast-food boxes everywhere.
(b) Pristine, swept, and mopped.
(c) A hot room with a single locked window.
(d) Dirty laundry and linens everywhere.
11. To what does Leonardo confess?
(a) Drug peddling.
(b) Pandora's murder.
(c) Boomer's murder.
(d) Drug possession.
12. What is the relationship between Mavis and Leonardo?
(a) They are business associates.
(b) They are romantically involved with each other.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are neighbors.
13. Who is responsible for the scratches and bruises on Mavis's face in Chapter 4?
14. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
(a) So he can tell Eve what he knows about Pandora's murder.
(b) So he can fit Eve's wedding dress to her.
(c) So he can give Eve love letters to relay to Mavis.
(d) So Eve can explain to him Mavis's legal situation.
15. What unpleasant memories does the sight of the body in the morgue in Chapter 2 bring back to Eve?
(a) Memories of her father abusing her as a child.
(b) Memories of a fellow officer's death.
(c) Memories of a previous murder she investigated.
(d) Memories of a fight she was in with a criminal she pursued.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandora do for a living?
2. What is Justin Young's relationship with Pandora?
3. Who posts bail for Mavis?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
5. What off planet location did Pandora visit shortly before her death?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)