|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Eve's fiance Roarke?
(a) Killer blue eyes and thick black hair.
(b) Faint Irish accent.
(c) Strong face and poet's mouth.
(d) Blonde hair and green eyes.
2. What is on the walls of Leonardo's apartment?
(c) Black paint.
3. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
(a) Pandora had beer in her system when she died.
(b) Pandora ate tofu the day she died.
(c) Pandora had Boomer's drug in her system when she died.
(d) Pandora had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she died.
4. What does Eve learn about the security camera at Pandora's?
(a) It's broken.
(b) It was turned off remotely for a critical ninety minutes.
(c) It's tape is missing.
(d) It's been stolen.
5. Who provides the best defense team in the country for Mavis?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(c) Mavis's parents.
6. What expensive equipment do Eve and her partner find in Boomer's room?
(a) Construction tools.
(b) Automotive equipment.
(c) A data and communication center.
(d) A television.
7. What does the fact that Dickie Berenski's computer is unable to identify one of the components of the drug found in Boomer's room indicate about that component?
(a) That Dickie Berenski's computer is out of date.
(b) That the component is from a foreign country.
(c) That the component is a brand new man-made substance.
(d) That it originates off planet rather than on earth.
8. What kind of domestic staff does Pandora employ?
(a) Maids and a housekeeper.
(b) A housekeeper only.
(c) Domestic droids.
(d) A housekeeper and a butler.
9. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo in Chapter 2 when she finds him with Eve and Mavis?
(a) Sue Leonardo.
(b) Withdraw her support of his runway show.
(c) Ruin his designs.
(d) Shoot Eve and Mavis.
10. Which police officer takes Mavis into Interview to question her about Pandora's death?
11. What is Feeney's reaction when he first sees the beautiful Jerry Fitzgerald?
(a) He whistles.
(b) He sucks in his breath and his eyes glaze.
(c) He faints.
(d) He asks for Jerry's autograph.
12. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
(a) Roarke's father beat him and broke his bones.
(b) Summerset took Roarke in after finding him in an alley.
(c) Men wanting to hurt Roarke murdered Summerset's daughter.
(d) Roarke studied piano at an early age and was a child prodigy.
13. Why do Mavis's lawyers advise her to resume her relationship with Leonardo?
(a) To keep her thinking positively and prevent her depression.
(b) To trick Leonardo into confessing to her.
(c) To distract her while Eve searches for the real killer.
(d) To add a sympathy & romance factor in the public awareness.
14. Why has Mavis come to Leonardo's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) To talk with Leonardo about their relationship.
(b) To move in with Leonardo.
(c) To spend the night.
(d) To kill Leonardo.
15. What is Casto's relationship with Boomer?
(a) Like Eve, Casto used Boomer as a snitch.
(b) Casto often arrested Boomer.
(c) Casto is Boomer's neighbor.
(d) Casto is Boomer's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mavis and Leonardo?
2. What are the benefits of Boomer's drug?
3. What tactic does Eve use to get the report she needs from Dickie Berenski?
4. What does Casto call Peabody in Chapter 8?
5. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)