|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not something Eve's computer analysis reveals about the blue powder from Boomer's room?
(a) It causes euphoria, paranoia, and delusions.
(b) Its benefits include cell regeneration.
(c) Where it is produced.
(d) An overdose can kill the user.
2. What does the fact that Dickie Berenski's computer is unable to identify one of the components of the drug found in Boomer's room indicate about that component?
(a) That the component is a brand new man-made substance.
(b) That Dickie Berenski's computer is out of date.
(c) That the component is from a foreign country.
(d) That it originates off planet rather than on earth.
3. In what year is Immortal in Death set?
4. What color has Mavis dyed her hair at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(c) Sapphire blue.
5. What term does Mavis use in Chapter 7 to describe a jail cell?
(a) A cage.
(b) A locker with a toilet.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A metal box.
6. Why is Eve called to the chief's office concerning the Pandora and Boomer homicides?
(a) The chief wants a progress report on both cases.
(b) The chief thinks Eve is doing a lousy job on the cases.
(c) Peabody wants to be primary investigator for both cases.
(d) Casto wants the cases moved to his department's jurisdiction.
7. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
(a) Eggs and tea.
(b) Steak and a baked potato with wine.
(c) A hamburger and fries.
(d) Lobster and caviar.
8. What is Leonardo's reaction when attacked by Pandora?
(a) He evades Pandora and wrings his hands.
(b) He flees the apartment and leaves Eve with Pandora.
(c) He uses martial arts to defend himself from attack.
(d) He pulls a gun and threatens to shoot Pandora.
9. In what city does Immortal in Death occur?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
10. What unpleasant memories does the sight of the body in the morgue in Chapter 2 bring back to Eve?
(a) Memories of a fellow officer's death.
(b) Memories of a previous murder she investigated.
(c) Memories of her father abusing her as a child.
(d) Memories of a fight she was in with a criminal she pursued.
11. What is Roarke's relationship with Pandora?
(a) He's her brother.
(b) He's her boss.
(c) He once had a romance with her.
(d) He's her landlord.
12. Who accompanies Eve to Leonardo's apartment to assist Mavis?
13. Who posts bail for Mavis?
(c) Jerry Fitzgerald.
14. What is Pandora's relationship with Leonardo?
(a) She's his cousin.
(b) She's his neighbor.
(c) She's his lover.
(d) She's his sister.
15. What is Paul Redford's relationship to Pandora?
(a) He is her landlord.
(b) He is her lover and business partner.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, when Eve comes home after her session with Dr. Mira, who does she expect to greet her?
2. Who calls Eve "Sir"?
3. What time is it when Eve gets home after spending all day investigating Boomer's death?
4. What is on the walls of Leonardo's apartment?
5. Why does Roarke consider his home's many amenities survival tools?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)