Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) She follows the barks of his pet dog.
(b) She follows the scent of his cologne.
(c) A compumap.
(d) The wall sensor.
2. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
(a) Pandora had Boomer's drug in her system when she died.
(b) Pandora had beer in her system when she died.
(c) Pandora ate tofu the day she died.
(d) Pandora had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she died.
3. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A new car.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A new apartment.
4. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
(a) So he can fit Eve's wedding dress to her.
(b) So Eve can explain to him Mavis's legal situation.
(c) So he can tell Eve what he knows about Pandora's murder.
(d) So he can give Eve love letters to relay to Mavis.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
(a) It has a black-bottomed lagoon.
(b) It has tropical greenery.
(c) Its overhead simulates starlight, sunshine, or moonlight.
(d) The pool has plastic mermaids floating in it.
6. At what event did Mavis's face get injured?
(a) A rock concert.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A party at Pandora's house.
(d) A fashion show.
7. What does Jerry Fitzgerald say about Pandora's drug use?
(a) Pandora never took drugs.
(b) Pandora was a champion user who would gulp down anything.
(c) Pandora only used the illegal drug, Zeus.
(d) Pandora only took prescription pills and drank alcohol.
8. What do the security videos at Club Zigzag reveal about Mavis on the night of Pandora's murder that point to her possible guilt in the crime?
(a) She and Pandora fought there.
(b) She was there with Pandora.
(c) In the club, her neck was scratched but not her face.
(d) She was not there at the time she testified she was.
9. Who broke Eve's arm when she was a child?
(a) Her babysitter.
(b) One of her teachers.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
10. Where do Eve and Peabody find Jake Casto when they return to the police station after meeting with Dickie Berenski in Chapter 8?
(a) In Eve's office sitting at her desk.
(b) With Commander Whitney.
(c) At the coffee pot in the employee lounge.
(d) In Peabody's office sitting at her desk.
11. How does Eve identify Pandora's body?
(a) By Pandora's red hair.
(b) By the big birthmark on Pandora's thigh.
(c) By Pandora's dental records.
(d) By Pandora's DNA.
12. What is unusual to Eve about the employees in Club Zigzag?
(a) They're all redheads.
(b) They're all over six foot tall.
(c) They're human rather than droid.
(d) They're all masked.
13. What off planet location did Pandora visit shortly before her death?
(a) The moon.
(b) Carpatinian Station.
(c) Planet Zaygo.
(d) Starlight Station.
14. What does Roarke tell Eve about the safety of space travel?
(a) It's very dangerous and he doesn't want her to do it.
(b) It's safer than driving in the city.
(c) It's as safe as traveling in a plane.
(d) It's dangerous without proper equipment and training.
15. Which fellow police officer does Eve request as her assistant in the investigation of Boomer's murder?
(a) Commander Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is frustrating about Chief Tech Dickie Berenski's processing of evidence in the police station lab?
2. Where does Leonardo awaken at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Which of the following is not an amenity found in Roarke's home?
4. What is on the walls of Leonardo's apartment?
5. To what does Leonardo confess?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)