|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, which hotel do Michel and Marceline stay in upon reaching their final destination?
(a) The one where Marceline got pregnant.
(b) The same one in which Michel had TB.
(c) A new one with all new amenities.
(d) The one where Michel caught his veneral disease.
2. How does Michel resolve the jealousy?
(a) He gives the jealous person money to "forget" about it.
(b) He tells the jealous person that he'll do what he wants to do.
(c) He starts seeing the prostitute in a different location.
(d) He promises not to see the prostitute anymore and invites the jealous person to his bed.
3. Why does Michel decide to start supervising the work crews?
(a) Because he fired Bocage.
(b) So he can gaze at the men.
(c) Because he lost his teaching job.
(d) So he can show Bocage how he wants the estate run.
4. How many men are sent to clear out some of the trees on the family estate?
5. What is the stolen item that is returned to Michel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What impacts Marceline's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. Why does Michel seek the help of his friends?
3. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Why does Michel approve the expenditures for furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. Who denies the request to have the person stay on at the estate instead of leaving in the autumn?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)