|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michel approve the expenditures for furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He hopes it will curb his impulses to wander.
(b) He was bullied into it by his brother-in-law.
(c) To impress Charles.
(d) To make his wife happy.
2. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
3. Why does Michel decide to start supervising the work crews?
(a) Because he lost his teaching job.
(b) So he can gaze at the men.
(c) Because he fired Bocage.
(d) So he can show Bocage how he wants the estate run.
4. Which is an example of alliteration?
(a) "The autumn was advancing."
(b) "The leaves drift aimlessly."
(c) "The nights melted."
(d) "Autumn was kicking summer out the door."
5. Who has been assigned a diplomatic duty in another country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend does Michel see when leaving his classroom one day?
2. What does Michel think when the prostitute tells him why she thinks he stays in Tunis?
3. Why isn't Michel attracted to Charles' brother?
4. Why is Michel no longer attracted to Charles?
5. Who returns a stolen item to Michel?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)