|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character believes that each joy and sorrow must be abandoned immediately to make room for the next new thing?
2. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Why does Michel seek the help of his friends?
(a) He can't decide on his next course of action and he needs to confess.
(b) He is being tried for murder and needs them as character witnesses.
(c) He needs help making travel arrangements.
(d) He has no more money left.
4. Why does Michel decide to start supervising the work crews?
(a) Because he fired Bocage.
(b) Because he lost his teaching job.
(c) So he can gaze at the men.
(d) So he can show Bocage how he wants the estate run.
5. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are sent to clear out some of the trees on the family estate?
2. Who catches Michel and the prostitute in bed and gets jealous?
3. What makes Marceline feel that she is dispensable to Michel?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character misses dinner due to illness?
5. Who expresses concern about the expenditures of the new furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)