|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose homosexual tendencies are surfacing stronger in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What happens to Marceline while Michel is visiting his friend?
(a) She gets very sick and dies.
(b) She is angry that Michel left to visit a friend so she packs her stuff and leaves.
(c) She faints.
(d) She goes into premature labor and the baby dies.
3. Why do Michel and his wife choose to move in the spring?
(a) They hope the fresh air will help Marceline's recovery.
(b) They think the social life will boost Marceline's spirits.
(c) They want to get away to another country.
(d) So someone else can take care of Marceline.
4. Why does the person leave the family estate in autumn?
(a) To return to the experimental farm.
(b) To return to the university.
(c) To have the baby.
(d) To retire.
5. In what month does Part 2, Chapter 1 begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Michel attracted to Charles' brother?
2. What do Michel and his friend do during their visit?
3. How does Michel sum up his thoughts on his marriage?
4. Who runs errands for Michel every day?
5. What city do Michel and his wife move to in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)