|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
2. Which is an example of personification?
(a) "The slightest emotion could be read..."
(b) "Michel spent every minute by her side."
(c) "Just as a breath of wind...."
(d) "The men enjoyed riding horses."
3. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
4. Why do Michel and his wife choose to move in the spring?
(a) So someone else can take care of Marceline.
(b) They hope the fresh air will help Marceline's recovery.
(c) They want to get away to another country.
(d) They think the social life will boost Marceline's spirits.
5. Who attends an open house hosted by Michel and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michel think when the prostitute tells him why she thinks he stays in Tunis?
2. Who catches Michel and the prostitute in bed and gets jealous?
3. What interest does Michel have in Charles in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Who is the long-time caretaker of the family estate?
5. Who expresses concern about the expenditures of the new furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)