|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Marceline feel that she is dispensable to Michel?
(a) He tells her that she is.
(c) She reads his thoughts in a letter he has written.
(d) His impassive stare when she talks about her symptoms.
2. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
3. When nursing Marceline back to health, when does Michel leave her side?
(a) Only when he must lecture at the college.
(b) Every chance he gets.
(c) Whenever he wants to see his friend.
(d) To go for walks in the nearby shady grove.
4. What impacts Marceline's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) She has never liked socializing.
(b) She was embarassed by Michel at one gathering.
(c) Her pregnacy and recent move make her tired.
(d) She is money-hungry and loves the attention.
5. While Marceline is sick in Part 2, Chapter 2, Michel chooses to visit...
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
2. Where does Michel spend most of his night after leaving the Moorish cafe?
3. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. When does Michel walk away from Marceline?
5. How much money does Michel spend on furnishing his new dwelling?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)