|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the long-time caretaker of the family estate?
2. Why does the person leave the family estate in autumn?
(a) To have the baby.
(b) To retire.
(c) To return to the university.
(d) To return to the experimental farm.
3. Why is Michel no longer attracted to Charles?
(a) He doesn'l like his mustache.
(b) Because he seems more noble and less like a peasant.
(c) Because Charles has let his hair grow out.
(d) Because he is not as muscular as before.
4. What is "poaching?"
5. What makes Marceline feel that she is dispensable to Michel?
(b) His impassive stare when she talks about her symptoms.
(c) She reads his thoughts in a letter he has written.
(d) He tells her that she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sister is a prostitute?
2. How much money does Michel spend on furnishing his new dwelling?
3. What distracts Michel once he begins concentrating on his academics again?
4. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. Which two friends are both irreverent and disdainful of Parisian society?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)