|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns a stolen item to Michel?
2. Why does Marceline immediately dislike Michel's new friend in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He is not in their same social class.
(b) He is a drunkard and made a fool of himself at their party.
(c) He made a pass at her when Michel wasn't in the room.
(d) She believes he is a bad influence on her husband.
3. What is "poaching?"
4. What interest does Michel have in Charles in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Love interest.
(b) Admiration of his studies.
(d) Admiration of his muscles.
5. How does Michel spend most of his days after learning Marceline's news?
(a) He spends time at school.
(b) He spends almost every minute by her side.
(c) He spends time alone in the fields.
(d) He does not change his routine at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Michel love his wife?
2. Which character believes that each joy and sorrow must be abandoned immediately to make room for the next new thing?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, where does Michel prefer to sleep?
4. Who is poaching at Michel's family estate?
5. What does the caretaker try to explain to Michel?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)