|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been assigned a diplomatic duty in another country?
2. What new hobby does Michel develop after returning to the family's country estate?
(a) Collecting spring insects.
(b) He likes to watch the workers.
(c) He likes to feed the animals.
3. Whose sister is a prostitute?
4. Where has the 18-year-old man (in Part 2, Chapter 1) been working before returning to Michel's family estate?
(a) In a commune.
(b) In a church.
(c) At an animal treatment facility.
(d) At an experimental farm.
5. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) They love the social scene, but not together.
(b) They enjoy them and want more.
(c) They hate the social scene.
(d) They enjoy them at first, but quickly tire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, where does Michel prefer to sleep?
2. What is "poaching?"
3. What do Michel and his friend do during their visit?
4. The author uses a sentence twice: "The autumn was advancing." This technique creates a sense of urgency. The technique is called...
5. Why is Michel no longer attracted to Charles?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)