|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When nursing Marceline back to health, when does Michel leave her side?
(a) Whenever he wants to see his friend.
(b) Only when he must lecture at the college.
(c) To go for walks in the nearby shady grove.
(d) Every chance he gets.
2. The author uses a sentence twice: "The autumn was advancing." This technique creates a sense of urgency. The technique is called...
3. What interest does Michel have in Charles in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Admiration of his muscles.
(b) Love interest.
(d) Admiration of his studies.
4. Where is El Kantara located?
(a) Near the family estate in Normandy.
(b) Near a private garden Marceline liked.
(c) In Florence.
(d) Near the apartment in Paris.
5. Which character believes that each joy and sorrow must be abandoned immediately to make room for the next new thing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has the 18-year-old man (in Part 2, Chapter 1) been working before returning to Michel's family estate?
2. Why do Michel and his wife choose to move in the spring?
3. Who is Charles' father?
4. How does Michel feel about Marceline's news?
5. What activities do Michel and his new male friend enjoy together in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)