|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) They love the social scene, but not together.
(b) They enjoy them and want more.
(c) They hate the social scene.
(d) They enjoy them at first, but quickly tire.
2. What impacts Marceline's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) She has never liked socializing.
(b) Her pregnacy and recent move make her tired.
(c) She is money-hungry and loves the attention.
(d) She was embarassed by Michel at one gathering.
3. Who catches Michel and the prostitute in bed and gets jealous?
4. Why do Michel and his wife choose to move in the spring?
(a) They hope the fresh air will help Marceline's recovery.
(b) They want to get away to another country.
(c) So someone else can take care of Marceline.
(d) They think the social life will boost Marceline's spirits.
5. Who dies in Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Michel walk away from Marceline?
2. Where does Michel spend most of his night after leaving the Moorish cafe?
3. Why does Michel become interested in the management of the estate?
4. In Part 3, which hotel do Michel and Marceline stay in upon reaching their final destination?
5. Which character do we learn in Part 2, Chapter 2, has taken a recent trip to Biskra?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)