|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author uses a sentence twice: "The autumn was advancing." This technique creates a sense of urgency. The technique is called...
2. How many men are sent to clear out some of the trees on the family estate?
3. What does the last traveler to Biskra learn about Michel there?
(a) Michel liked going to the park alone and liked spending time with the boys instead of his wife.
(b) That Michel stole something from a boy in the park.
(c) That Michel was there alone for a short vacation.
(d) That he had contracted a venereal disease there and took a long time to recuperate.
4. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) They enjoy them at first, but quickly tire.
(b) They love the social scene, but not together.
(c) They hate the social scene.
(d) They enjoy them and want more.
5. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michel spend most of his night after leaving the Moorish cafe?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, where does Michel prefer to sleep?
3. What activities do Michel and his new male friend enjoy together in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Who denies the request to have the person stay on at the estate instead of leaving in the autumn?
5. Who returns a stolen item to Michel?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)