|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose homosexual tendencies are surfacing stronger in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. Who expresses concern about the expenditures of the new furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(b) Michel's brother-in-law.
3. Which two friends are both irreverent and disdainful of Parisian society?
(a) Menalque and Michel.
(b) Michel and Charles.
(c) Charles and Bocage.
(d) Charles and Motkir.
4. Which is an example of personification?
(a) "Just as a breath of wind...."
(b) "The slightest emotion could be read..."
(c) "Michel spent every minute by her side."
(d) "The men enjoyed riding horses."
5. How does Michel feel about Marceline's news?
(a) He feels a new tenderness toward her.
(b) He wants her to leave the house.
(c) He avoids her.
(d) He tells her to leave France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
2. Whose sister is a prostitute?
3. Where does Michel spend most of his night after leaving the Moorish cafe?
4. Who coughs up blood in Part 3?
5. Who runs errands for Michel every day?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)