|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend does Michel see when leaving his classroom one day?
2. Does Michel love his wife?
(a) Yes, with all his heart.
(b) He tries to.
(c) No, she has angered him for the last time.
(d) No, he thinks she is weak.
3. Why does Michel become interested in the management of the estate?
(a) Because he wants to increase his wealth.
(b) Because Charles is.
(c) Because Marceline is.
(d) Because he wants to sell the property.
4. Who expresses concern about the expenditures of the new furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Michel's brother-in-law.
5. Why do the young boys Michel once knew and liked repulse him now?
(a) They are thieves.
(b) They told Michel's friend about his first visit.
(c) They want money instead of candy now.
(d) They are men with families or criminal records
Short Answer Questions
1. What impacts Michel's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. Which is an example of alliteration?
3. Why does Michel seek the help of his friends?
4. What does the last traveler to Biskra learn about Michel there?
5. What is "poaching?"
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)