|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Michel spend most of his night after leaving the Moorish cafe?
(a) The park.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) A library.
(d) A whorehouse.
2. Who attends an open house hosted by Michel and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. What do Michel and his friend do during their visit?
(a) Think of ways for Michel to leave his wife.
(b) Stay up all night drinking wine and talking.
(c) Walk together in a shady park.
(d) Tour the family estate one last time.
4. Which character do we learn in Part 2, Chapter 2, has taken a recent trip to Biskra?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character misses dinner due to illness?
6. Who must leave the family estate when autumn arrives?
7. Who has been assigned a diplomatic duty in another country?
8. How does Michel think travel will affect his wife?
(a) It will make her stronger.
(b) The exertion will likely kill her.
(c) It will improve her health.
(d) It will be a nice treat.
9. Who catches Michel and the prostitute in bed and gets jealous?
10. Who expresses concern about the expenditures of the new furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(c) Michel's brother-in-law.
11. Where has the 18-year-old man (in Part 2, Chapter 1) been working before returning to Michel's family estate?
(a) At an animal treatment facility.
(b) In a commune.
(c) At an experimental farm.
(d) In a church.
12. What is the stolen item that is returned to Michel?
13. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
14. Where do Michel and Marceline's travels take them in Part 3?
(a) Spain, Switerland, and France.
(b) South America and North America.
(c) Italy, Switzerland, and North Africa.
(d) Italy, Spain, and South Africa.
15. What does Michel think when the prostitute tells him why she thinks he stays in Tunis?
(a) He denies her accusations.
(b) He knows she is wrong.
(c) He dismisses the thoughts of a prostitute.
(d) He thinks she might be right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Michel and his wife move in the spring?
2. Where does Michel want to go when leaving the family estate?
3. Who returns a stolen item to Michel?
4. What kind of housing do Michel and his wife choose when they move in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. How many men are sent to clear out some of the trees on the family estate?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)