|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character do we learn in Part 2, Chapter 2, has taken a recent trip to Biskra?
2. How many men are sent to clear out some of the trees on the family estate?
3. What is "poaching?"
4. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. What city do Michel and his wife move to in Part 2, Chapter 2?
6. What does the caretaker try to explain to Michel?
(a) How to budget for the estate.
(b) How to harvest the crops and fruit.
(c) How to plant the crops.
(d) The estate and tenant farm operations.
7. What new hobby does Michel develop after returning to the family's country estate?
(b) He likes to watch the workers.
(c) He likes to feed the animals.
(d) Collecting spring insects.
8. Who pleads for the person to stay instead of leaving the family estate in the autumn?
9. When nursing Marceline back to health, when does Michel leave her side?
(a) To go for walks in the nearby shady grove.
(b) Only when he must lecture at the college.
(c) Whenever he wants to see his friend.
(d) Every chance he gets.
10. How does Michel think travel will affect his wife?
(a) It will improve her health.
(b) The exertion will likely kill her.
(c) It will be a nice treat.
(d) It will make her stronger.
11. When do Michel and his wife depart for their new destination?
(a) They don't go. They stay at the family estate.
(b) Five days after Michel mentions that he'd like to go.
(c) Five months after Michel first mentions that he'd like to go.
12. In Part 3, which hotel do Michel and Marceline stay in upon reaching their final destination?
(a) The same one in which Michel had TB.
(b) The one where Marceline got pregnant.
(c) A new one with all new amenities.
(d) The one where Michel caught his veneral disease.
13. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) They love the social scene, but not together.
(b) They hate the social scene.
(c) They enjoy them and want more.
(d) They enjoy them at first, but quickly tire.
14. Whose sister is a prostitute?
15. When does Michel walk away from Marceline?
(a) When she tells him she doesn't love him.
(b) When she asks him to pray for her.
(c) When she tells him she knows his secret.
(d) When she yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of housing do Michel and his wife choose when they move in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
3. Who is poaching at Michel's family estate?
4. Who expresses concern about the expenditures of the new furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. In what month does Part 2, Chapter 1 begin?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)