Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been assigned a diplomatic duty in another country?
2. What new hobby does Michel develop after returning to the family's country estate?
(a) Collecting spring insects.
(b) He likes to watch the workers.
(c) He likes to feed the animals.
3. Whose sister is a prostitute?
4. Where has the 18-year-old man (in Part 2, Chapter 1) been working before returning to Michel's family estate?
(a) In a commune.
(b) In a church.
(c) At an animal treatment facility.
(d) At an experimental farm.
5. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) They love the social scene, but not together.
(b) They enjoy them and want more.
(c) They hate the social scene.
(d) They enjoy them at first, but quickly tire.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 3, where does Michel prefer to sleep?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) In the barn.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In his bed.
7. What is "poaching?"
8. What do Michel and his friend do during their visit?
(a) Think of ways for Michel to leave his wife.
(b) Tour the family estate one last time.
(c) Walk together in a shady park.
(d) Stay up all night drinking wine and talking.
9. The author uses a sentence twice: "The autumn was advancing." This technique creates a sense of urgency. The technique is called...
10. Why is Michel no longer attracted to Charles?
(a) Because he is not as muscular as before.
(b) He doesn'l like his mustache.
(c) Because he seems more noble and less like a peasant.
(d) Because Charles has let his hair grow out.
11. What makes Marceline feel that she is dispensable to Michel?
(a) His impassive stare when she talks about her symptoms.
(b) She reads his thoughts in a letter he has written.
(d) He tells her that she is.
12. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character misses dinner due to illness?
13. What distracts Michel once he begins concentrating on his academics again?
(a) The work of harvesting the crops and fruit trees.
(c) The opulence and sensuality of the ripening crops and fruit trees.
(d) Planting the fall crops and fruit trees.
14. Why does the person leave the family estate in autumn?
(a) To return to the experimental farm.
(b) To have the baby.
(c) To return to the university.
(d) To retire.
15. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. When nursing Marceline back to health, when does Michel leave her side?
2. Who pleads for the person to stay instead of leaving the family estate in the autumn?
3. What interest does Michel have in Charles in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. How does Michel sum up his thoughts on his marriage?
5. Why does Michel seek the help of his friends?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)