|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "poaching?"
2. What new hobby does Michel develop after returning to the family's country estate?
(b) He likes to feed the animals.
(c) Collecting spring insects.
(d) He likes to watch the workers.
3. Why is Michel no longer attracted to Charles?
(a) Because he is not as muscular as before.
(b) Because he seems more noble and less like a peasant.
(c) Because Charles has let his hair grow out.
(d) He doesn'l like his mustache.
4. How does Michel resolve the jealousy?
(a) He starts seeing the prostitute in a different location.
(b) He tells the jealous person that he'll do what he wants to do.
(c) He gives the jealous person money to "forget" about it.
(d) He promises not to see the prostitute anymore and invites the jealous person to his bed.
5. While Marceline is sick in Part 2, Chapter 2, Michel chooses to visit...
6. Where has the 18-year-old man (in Part 2, Chapter 1) been working before returning to Michel's family estate?
(a) At an animal treatment facility.
(b) In a commune.
(c) At an experimental farm.
(d) In a church.
7. Why isn't Michel attracted to Charles' brother?
(a) Because he is too old.
(b) Because he is ugly.
(c) Because he has curly hair.
(d) Because he is too young.
8. Who dies in Part 3?
9. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
10. Why does Michel seek the help of his friends?
(a) He needs help making travel arrangements.
(b) He can't decide on his next course of action and he needs to confess.
(c) He has no more money left.
(d) He is being tried for murder and needs them as character witnesses.
11. Which is an example of simile?
(a) "Night melted into morning."
(b) "The autumn was advancing."
(c) "The days were yoked to the days and the slightest emotion could be read on Marceline's face."
(d) "Just as a breath of wind sometimes ripples smooth water, the slightest emotion could be read on Marceline's face."
12. Who must leave the family estate when autumn arrives?
13. Whose homosexual tendencies are surfacing stronger in Part 2, Chapter 1?
14. Where is El Kantara located?
(a) Near a private garden Marceline liked.
(b) Near the family estate in Normandy.
(c) Near the apartment in Paris.
(d) In Florence.
15. What activities do Michel and his new male friend enjoy together in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Inspecting crops, creating fruit hybrids, and riding horses.
(b) Gardening, supervising work crews, riding horses.
(c) Riding horses, inspecting orchards and crops.
(d) Inspecting fields, riding horses, discussing property changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs errands for Michel every day?
2. At their spring home, why does Michel leave his wife to take walks?
3. What do Michel and his friend do during their visit?
4. In Part 3, which hotel do Michel and Marceline stay in upon reaching their final destination?
5. Michel befriends another of Bocage's sons. What is his name?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)