|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
2. Why do Michel and his wife choose to move in the spring?
(a) They hope the fresh air will help Marceline's recovery.
(b) They want to get away to another country.
(c) They think the social life will boost Marceline's spirits.
(d) So someone else can take care of Marceline.
3. Who runs errands for Michel every day?
4. How many men are sent to clear out some of the trees on the family estate?
5. Where has the 18-year-old man (in Part 2, Chapter 1) been working before returning to Michel's family estate?
(a) At an animal treatment facility.
(b) In a commune.
(c) At an experimental farm.
(d) In a church.
6. How does Michel feel about Marceline's news?
(a) He feels a new tenderness toward her.
(b) He tells her to leave France.
(c) He wants her to leave the house.
(d) He avoids her.
7. Where does Michel want to go when leaving the family estate?
(a) South America.
8. Who has convulsions?
9. Who dies in Part 3?
10. What impacts Marceline's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Her pregnacy and recent move make her tired.
(b) She was embarassed by Michel at one gathering.
(c) She has never liked socializing.
(d) She is money-hungry and loves the attention.
11. At their spring home, why does Michel leave his wife to take walks?
(a) Someone else is there to take care of her.
(b) To get away so his wife won't see him cry.
(c) Her health has improved and he can leave her alone for a short time.
(d) He has been neglecting his own exercise.
12. When does Michel walk away from Marceline?
(a) When she tells him she knows his secret.
(b) When she tells him she doesn't love him.
(c) When she asks him to pray for her.
(d) When she yells at him.
13. Why do the young boys Michel once knew and liked repulse him now?
(a) They want money instead of candy now.
(b) They told Michel's friend about his first visit.
(c) They are men with families or criminal records
(d) They are thieves.
14. What news does Marceline share after arriving at the family estate?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She hates France.
(c) She wants to leave.
(d) She is sick.
15. Does Michel love his wife?
(a) No, he thinks she is weak.
(b) He tries to.
(c) No, she has angered him for the last time.
(d) Yes, with all his heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activities do Michel and his new male friend enjoy together in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. In Part 3, which hotel do Michel and Marceline stay in upon reaching their final destination?
3. Why does the person leave the family estate in autumn?
4. What new hobby does Michel develop after returning to the family's country estate?
5. What makes Marceline feel that she is dispensable to Michel?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)