|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attends an open house hosted by Michel and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. What impacts Marceline's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Her pregnacy and recent move make her tired.
(b) She was embarassed by Michel at one gathering.
(c) She has never liked socializing.
(d) She is money-hungry and loves the attention.
3. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What is the stolen item that is returned to Michel?
5. Who denies the request to have the person stay on at the estate instead of leaving in the autumn?
6. Why does Michel approve the expenditures for furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He was bullied into it by his brother-in-law.
(b) To impress Charles.
(c) He hopes it will curb his impulses to wander.
(d) To make his wife happy.
7. Why does the person leave the family estate in autumn?
(a) To return to the experimental farm.
(b) To return to the university.
(c) To retire.
(d) To have the baby.
8. Why do the young boys Michel once knew and liked repulse him now?
(a) They want money instead of candy now.
(b) They are men with families or criminal records
(c) They told Michel's friend about his first visit.
(d) They are thieves.
9. What is the time span between the death in Part 3 and the meeting of Michel with his friends?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
10. Why does Michel decide to start supervising the work crews?
(a) Because he fired Bocage.
(b) Because he lost his teaching job.
(c) So he can gaze at the men.
(d) So he can show Bocage how he wants the estate run.
11. Who coughs up blood in Part 3?
12. Who must leave the family estate when autumn arrives?
13. How does Michel spend most of his days after learning Marceline's news?
(a) He spends almost every minute by her side.
(b) He spends time at school.
(c) He spends time alone in the fields.
(d) He does not change his routine at all.
14. How much money does Michel spend on furnishing his new dwelling?
(a) A reasonable amount.
(b) Not as much as his wife would like.
(c) An exorbitant amount.
(d) Not much at all.
15. What is "poaching?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Marceline share after arriving at the family estate?
2. What does the last traveler to Biskra learn about Michel there?
3. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
4. Which friend does Michel see when leaving his classroom one day?
5. How does Michel think travel will affect his wife?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)