|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, where does Michel prefer to sleep?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) In the barn.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In his bed.
2. Why do the young boys Michel once knew and liked repulse him now?
(a) They want money instead of candy now.
(b) They told Michel's friend about his first visit.
(c) They are thieves.
(d) They are men with families or criminal records
3. What does the caretaker try to explain to Michel?
(a) The estate and tenant farm operations.
(b) How to budget for the estate.
(c) How to plant the crops.
(d) How to harvest the crops and fruit.
4. Why does Marceline immediately dislike Michel's new friend in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He is a drunkard and made a fool of himself at their party.
(b) He is not in their same social class.
(c) She believes he is a bad influence on her husband.
(d) He made a pass at her when Michel wasn't in the room.
5. How much money does Michel spend on furnishing his new dwelling?
(a) A reasonable amount.
(b) An exorbitant amount.
(c) Not much at all.
(d) Not as much as his wife would like.
6. Who has convulsions?
7. While Marceline is sick in Part 2, Chapter 2, Michel chooses to visit...
8. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
9. Why is Michel no longer attracted to Charles?
(a) He doesn'l like his mustache.
(b) Because he seems more noble and less like a peasant.
(c) Because Charles has let his hair grow out.
(d) Because he is not as muscular as before.
10. What news does Marceline share after arriving at the family estate?
(a) She hates France.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She wants to leave.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. What makes Marceline feel that she is dispensable to Michel?
(a) He tells her that she is.
(b) His impassive stare when she talks about her symptoms.
(d) She reads his thoughts in a letter he has written.
12. Who must leave the family estate when autumn arrives?
13. What interest does Michel have in Charles in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Love interest.
(b) Admiration of his studies.
(d) Admiration of his muscles.
14. Michel befriends another of Bocage's sons. What is his name?
15. According to Michel's friend in Part 2, Chapter 2, having possessions gives a man...
(a) Something to be proud of.
(b) A false sense of security.
(c) A sense of security.
(d) Something to pay more taxes on.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, which character misses dinner due to illness?
2. How does Michel spend most of his days after learning Marceline's news?
3. Who denies the request to have the person stay on at the estate instead of leaving in the autumn?
4. Why does Michel get angry with Bocage?
5. What impacts Michel's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)