|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stolen item that is returned to Michel?
2. Why does Michel want to tell his story?
(a) To see how his friends react.
(b) He needs their permission to use their names in his book.
(c) He wants to write a book.
(d) In order to be free.
3. Which institution offers the job to Michel in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) The College of Normandy.
(b) The College de France.
(c) Die Universitat in Deutchland.
(d) Syracuse University.
4. The author uses a sentence twice: "The autumn was advancing." This technique creates a sense of urgency. The technique is called...
5. Who gathers to see Michel on his daily walks?
(a) Old women from the market.
(b) Students who have read his books.
(c) More and more Arab children.
(d) His old friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Marceline feel that she is dispensable to Michel?
2. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, who is Michel's favorite boy?
4. What does Michel's wife immediately do when she learns he is sick?
5. Why isn't Michel attracted to Charles' brother?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)