|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the caretaker try to explain to Michel?
(a) The estate and tenant farm operations.
(b) How to budget for the estate.
(c) How to harvest the crops and fruit.
(d) How to plant the crops.
2. Who gathers to see Michel on his daily walks?
(a) His old friends.
(b) More and more Arab children.
(c) Old women from the market.
(d) Students who have read his books.
3. What two major changes does Michel make to help him toward a full recovery?
(a) He eats vegetables only and keeps his window closed.
(b) He eats heartier and insists on fresh air.
(c) He eats less fat and insists on fresh air.
(d) He exercises daily and eats less.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 9, why does Michel doubt his ability to take good care of his wife?
(a) He knows he isn't very smart.
(b) He knows his limits and capabilities, especially now that he's self-absorbed.
(c) He realizes he doesn't love her.
(d) He doesn't like to do much work.
5. Why does Marceline immediately dislike Michel's new friend in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He is a drunkard and made a fool of himself at their party.
(b) She believes he is a bad influence on her husband.
(c) He is not in their same social class.
(d) He made a pass at her when Michel wasn't in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michel's weakened condition show him?
2. What impacts Marceline's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. What is the main character's nationality?
4. What do Michel and his friend do during their visit?
5. What kind of housing do Michel and his wife choose when they move in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)