|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michel grow to respect and love his wife during his illness?
(a) For her practicality and kindness in nursing him back to health.
(b) She has a beautiful voice and sings to him while he is sick.
(c) He knows she will have to make a living for the family.
(d) He appreciates her artwork.
2. How does Michel spend most of his days after learning Marceline's news?
(a) He spends almost every minute by her side.
(b) He spends time at school.
(c) He spends time alone in the fields.
(d) He does not change his routine at all.
3. What thoughts does Michel have while watching his wife sleep after making love to her the first time?
(a) He is overcome with joy at the sheer physical experience.
(b) He is overcome with guilt for the feelings he has toward young boys.
(c) He is overcome with the staggering thought that he is tied down to her for life.
(d) He is overcome with love for her and appreciates her devotion.
4. What does Michel's wife do while he is sick?
(a) Goes for long walks to get away from him.
(b) Stays with him and prays for him.
(c) Shops in the local market and spends all his money.
(d) Hangs out with local children in the park.
5. Who is Charles' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marceline immediately dislike Michel's new friend in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. Is Michel interested in what the caretaker tries to explain?
3. What does Michel's wife immediately do when she learns he is sick?
4. When does Michel realize he's never had a break from his studies?
5. Why does Michel marry his wife?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)