|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michel study during his scholarly life?
(a) German and French.
(c) Mathematics and science.
(d) Greek and Latin.
2. With his new attitude at the end of Part 1, Chapters 5-7, how does Michel view each day?
(a) With anticipation of a new joy.
(b) With fear of his secret being discovered.
(c) With dread and concern.
(d) With anticipation that leads to ulcers.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who collapses in front of Michel?
(a) The horse pulling the carriage.
(b) The carriage driver.
(c) A young boy.
(d) His wife.
4. Why does the person leave the family estate in autumn?
(a) To retire.
(b) To have the baby.
(c) To return to the experimental farm.
(d) To return to the university.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 7, how does Michel try to act around his wife?
(a) Like her hero.
(b) Like he is better than she is.
(c) Like a studly man she can be proud of.
(d) Like his old self in demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michel regard his wife's feelings in Part 1, Chapters 5-7?
2. What does one of the Arab boys steal from Michel's hotel room?
3. What best summarizes the passage Michel read when he couldn't sleep on his last night in Biskra?
4. How old is Michel's wife when they marry?
5. Who has been assigned a diplomatic duty in another country?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)