|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michel really doing as his wife walks ahead at their new walking place?
(a) Meeting lots of new boys.
(b) Playing marbles with the children.
(c) Resting in the shade.
(d) Breathing exercises in the fresh air.
2. As Michel works aggressively toward a full recovery, what does Michel put aside to concentrate more on his physical recovery?
(a) Reading his Bible.
(b) His emphasis on diet.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His intellectual pursuits.
3. How does Michel greet his friends once they are inside his house?
(a) With hugs.
(b) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
(c) By offering them tea.
(d) With a hearty handshake.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what does Michel do to the carriage driver?
(a) Tips him for safely delivering his wife.
(b) Beats him then throws him to the back of the carriage.
(c) Knocks him out of the carriage and leaves him on the side of the road.
(d) Yells for him to slow down.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 9, where do Michel and his wife decide to visit before going home?
(a) Normandy and Paris.
(b) Baskra and Tunisia.
(c) Sorrento and London.
(d) Rome and Florence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Michel's mother die?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who completes driving the carriage into town?
3. What happens the night Michel and his wife arrive at the destination they set out for in Part 1, Chapter 8?
4. To how many friends does Michel confess?
5. Upon accepting the job offered in Part 1, Chapter 9, in which town does Michel decide he and his wife will live?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)