|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By accepting the job he was offered in Part 1, Chapter 9, Michel is showing his desire once again toward...
(a) To hang out with young boys.
(b) To make changes in his physical appearance.
(c) To start a new life.
(d) Intellectual pursuits.
2. Why do Michel and his wife decide to leave the hotel?
(a) They are fighting and want to get back home.
(b) Harsh winter weather is approaching.
(c) They want a change of scenery.
(d) The expense is getting ridiculous.
3. Who is the first Arab boy invited to play in Michel's hotel room?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, Michel returns to the hotel from a walk to find his wife...
(a) With another man.
(b) Is missing.
(c) Reading his journal.
(d) Nursing an ill Arab boy.
5. Why does Michel's wife initially invite the boy to come play in their hotel room?
(a) To feed the starving boy.
(b) To care for the boy's wounds.
(c) To cheer up Michel.
(d) To cheer up herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michel's wife sit on completion of her carriage ride into town in Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. Who does Michel find when he returns to the new walking place alone one evening?
3. Who introduces Michel to more boys at the new walking place?
4. What does Michel's wife think about her husband's new persona?
5. How does Michel feel about returning to his studies?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)