|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the friends to which Michel confesses?
(b) Denis, Daniel, and an unnamed friend.
(c) Denis, Daniel, Menalgue, Biskra.
(d) Denis and Daniel.
2. Where does Michel recuperate from his illness on the honeymoon trip?
(a) At the university.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) At his Normandy estate.
(d) In the hotel.
3. Why does Michel marry his wife?
(a) He fell in love at first sight with her.
(b) He promised his father he would.
(c) To get citizenship.
(d) Because he had loved her all his life.
4. What thoughts does Michel have while watching his wife sleep after making love to her the first time?
(a) He is overcome with love for her and appreciates her devotion.
(b) He is overcome with the staggering thought that he is tied down to her for life.
(c) He is overcome with joy at the sheer physical experience.
(d) He is overcome with guilt for the feelings he has toward young boys.
5. How does Michel feel about returning to his studies?
(a) He liked the vacation, but is ready to study again.
(b) He realizes he missed them.
(c) He is indifferent to his studies.
(d) He hates them now.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 9, why does Michel doubt his ability to take good care of his wife?
2. By accepting the job he was offered in Part 1, Chapter 9, Michel is showing his desire once again toward...
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, Michel returns to the hotel from a walk to find his wife...
4. Upon accepting the job offered in Part 1, Chapter 9, in which town does Michel decide he and his wife will live?
5. How does Michel's wife feel about seeing him take action in Part 1, Chapter 8?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)