|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michel's wife initially invite the boy to come play in their hotel room?
(a) To care for the boy's wounds.
(b) To cheer up Michel.
(c) To feed the starving boy.
(d) To cheer up herself.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who is driving the carriage in which Michel's wife is riding?
(a) His wife herself.
(b) A madman.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A little boy.
3. How does Michel's wife feel about seeing him take action in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) She is mad.
(b) She is impressed.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is embarrassed.
4. How does Michel feel about the work he asked the barber to do?
(a) He thinks the goatee will impress the young goatherds he met on his honeymoon.
(b) He wishes he'd never suggested the leeches.
(c) He is ahead of the trend by shaving off his mustache only.
(d) He feels like people can read his thoughts more easily since he's not hiding behind a beard.
5. What makes Michel realize his illness is getting serious during his honeymoon trip?
(a) His eyes begin to bleed.
(b) He coughs up blood.
(c) He has chest pains.
(d) He can't stop wheezing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Michel and his wife decide to leave the hotel?
2. How does Michel feel on his last night in Biskra?
3. What word or phrase best describes Michel's persona in Part 1, Chapters 5-7?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, Michel returns to the hotel from a walk to find his wife...
5. As Michel's health improves he still experiences...
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)