|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michel marry his wife?
(a) He promised his father he would.
(b) He fell in love at first sight with her.
(c) To get citizenship.
(d) Because he had loved her all his life.
2. Why do Michel and his wife decide to leave the hotel?
(a) They want a change of scenery.
(b) The expense is getting ridiculous.
(c) Harsh winter weather is approaching.
(d) They are fighting and want to get back home.
3. What contributes to the delicate health Michel experiences early in the story?
(a) Lack of fresh fruits and vegetables.
(b) His sheltered and sedentary life.
(c) Lack of money for regular doctor visits.
(d) His dislike of sunlight.
4. What does Michel's wife do while he is sick?
(a) Hangs out with local children in the park.
(b) Stays with him and prays for him.
(c) Shops in the local market and spends all his money.
(d) Goes for long walks to get away from him.
5. What sound does Michel hear as he approaches the town on foot in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) His wife's cries for help.
(b) A train approaching.
(c) A carriage bearing down on the road.
(d) A ship's whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michel's wife think about her husband's new persona?
2. What does Michel wonder about himself as he watches his wife sleep after they have made love for the first time?
3. What word or phrase best describes Michel's persona in Part 1, Chapters 5-7?
4. As Michel's health improves he still experiences...
5. Who is the protagonist of The Immoralist?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)