|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With his new attitude at the end of Part 1, Chapters 5-7, how does Michel view each day?
(a) With anticipation that leads to ulcers.
(b) With anticipation of a new joy.
(c) With dread and concern.
(d) With fear of his secret being discovered.
2. To how many friends does Michel confess?
3. When does Michel realize he's never had a break from his studies?
(a) On his honeymoon.
(b) When writing a letter.
(c) Talking with his friends.
(d) At his father's funeral.
4. What makes Michel realize his illness is getting serious during his honeymoon trip?
(a) He can't stop wheezing.
(b) He has chest pains.
(c) His eyes begin to bleed.
(d) He coughs up blood.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who completes driving the carriage into town?
(a) Michel's wife.
(b) A young boy.
(c) The carriage driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Michel begins to see himself as...
2. What does Michel's wife immediately do when she learns he is sick?
3. Where does Michel recuperate from his illness on the honeymoon trip?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, who sends Michel a letter and pamphlets regarding his illness?
5. What does the information Michel receives in the mail regarding his illness show him?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)