|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Michel?
2. Why does Michel sunbathe nude and explore the craggy area?
(a) He likes to see women on the nude beaches.
(b) Because he is strange.
(c) In pursuit of vitality.
(d) Because spelunking is his hobby.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 7, how does Michel try to act around his wife?
(a) Like her hero.
(b) Like his old self in demeanor.
(c) Like a studly man she can be proud of.
(d) Like he is better than she is.
4. Where is the first stop for Michel and his wife when they leave Biskra?
5. What does the information Michel receives in the mail regarding his illness show him?
(a) He should make use of leeches to get rid of the disease.
(b) He has been taking the wrong medicine all along.
(c) The doctor misdiagnosed him.
(d) The treatment he has been following is not appropriate for a full recovery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Michel's studies that he returns to after his honeymoon?
2. How is the main character's story introduced in the book?
3. How long do Michel and his wife stay at the hotel while he recuperates?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Michel begins to see himself as...
5. What does Michel read on his last night in Biskra when he can't sleep?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)