|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michel's weakened condition show him?
(a) That he does not love his new wife.
(b) That he hates school.
(c) How to make shadow puppets as he lies in bed.
(d) Little things he's taken for granted before.
2. As Michel's health improves he still experiences...
(a) Restless sleep and sweats.
(b) Grief over the loss of his parents.
(c) High fevers and chills.
(d) No desire for his new wife.
3. Where do Michel and his wife shop on their honeymoon?
4. What is the final destination of Michel's honeymoon trip?
5. What is the reason for Michel's feelings toward his studies?
(a) He hates the thought of anything dying or decaying.
(b) He doesn't have anything to prove now that his father is dead.
(c) Taking a break made him appreciate school more.
(d) He cannot imagine life without being a scholar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michel's wife walk ahead in their new walking place?
2. What does Michel's wife think about her husband's new persona?
3. In Part 1, Chapters 5-7, what do Michel's physical changes mirror?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, who sends Michel a letter and pamphlets regarding his illness?
5. What does Michel study during his scholarly life?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)