|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first Arab boy invited to play in Michel's hotel room?
2. When does Michel realize he's never had a break from his studies?
(a) At his father's funeral.
(b) On his honeymoon.
(c) Talking with his friends.
(d) When writing a letter.
3. Why do Michel and his wife decide to leave the hotel?
(a) Harsh winter weather is approaching.
(b) They are fighting and want to get back home.
(c) They want a change of scenery.
(d) The expense is getting ridiculous.
4. How does Michel greet his friends once they are inside his house?
(a) With hugs.
(b) By offering them tea.
(c) With a hearty handshake.
(d) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
5. At the end of Part 1, Chapters 5-7, what does the reader learn that Michel's change in attitude and appearance demonstrate?
(a) That Michel loves tradition and convention.
(b) That Michel only wants his wife to be proud of him.
(c) That Michel is leaving his old life behind and assuming a new identity.
(d) That Michel desires to be a trendsetter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To how many friends does Michel confess?
2. Why does Michel prefer to take his walks alone?
3. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, who is Michel's favorite boy?
4. What does one of the Arab boys steal from Michel's hotel room?
5. Who gathers to see Michel on his daily walks?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)