|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of The Immoralist?
2. How old is Michel's wife when they marry?
3. When is the last time the friends have all been together?
(a) At Michel's father's funeral three years ago.
(b) At Michel's wedding last year.
(c) At Michel's father's funeral last year.
(d) At Michel's wedding three years ago.
4. What does Michel's wife do while he is sick?
(a) Stays with him and prays for him.
(b) Hangs out with local children in the park.
(c) Shops in the local market and spends all his money.
(d) Goes for long walks to get away from him.
5. Why does Michel grow to respect and love his wife during his illness?
(a) She has a beautiful voice and sings to him while he is sick.
(b) He knows she will have to make a living for the family.
(c) He appreciates her artwork.
(d) For her practicality and kindness in nursing him back to health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michel prefer to take his walks alone?
2. How is the main character's story introduced in the book?
3. Who does Michel find when he returns to the new walking place alone one evening?
4. What startles the boy who comes to play in Michel's hotel room?
5. What does Michel study during his scholarly life?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)