|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of The Immoralist?
2. As Michel works aggressively toward a full recovery, what does Michel put aside to concentrate more on his physical recovery?
(a) Reading his Bible.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His intellectual pursuits.
(d) His emphasis on diet.
3. Why does Michel prefer to take his walks alone?
(a) So he can walk slower due to his limp.
(b) So he can think about his health.
(c) So he can grieve over his mother's death.
(d) So his wife won't distract him from interacting with the children.
4. What does Michel tell his wife he is doing while she walks ahead when they visit their new walking place?
(a) Resting in the shade.
(b) Playing marbles with the children.
(c) Meeting lots of new boys.
(d) Breathing exercises in the fresh air.
5. What does the information Michel receives in the mail regarding his illness show him?
(a) The doctor misdiagnosed him.
(b) He should make use of leeches to get rid of the disease.
(c) He has been taking the wrong medicine all along.
(d) The treatment he has been following is not appropriate for a full recovery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michel's wife initially invite the boy to come play in their hotel room?
2. Who gathers to see Michel on his daily walks?
3. How old is Michel's wife when they marry?
4. As Michel's health improves he still experiences...
5. How does Michel greet his friends once they are inside his house?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)