|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Michel to more boys at the new walking place?
(a) A deformed little boy.
(c) His wife.
(d) A handsome 12-year-old goatherd.
2. How does Michel greet his friends outside when they arrive at his home?
(a) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
(b) With hugs and kisses on each side of the face.
(c) He sends a butler to welcome them.
(d) With a hearty handshake.
3. What does Michel tell his wife he is doing while she walks ahead when they visit their new walking place?
(a) Meeting lots of new boys.
(b) Playing marbles with the children.
(c) Resting in the shade.
(d) Breathing exercises in the fresh air.
4. As Michel's health improves he still experiences...
(a) High fevers and chills.
(b) Grief over the loss of his parents.
(c) No desire for his new wife.
(d) Restless sleep and sweats.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, Michel returns to the hotel from a walk to find his wife...
(a) Is missing.
(b) With another man.
(c) Reading his journal.
(d) Nursing an ill Arab boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of The Immoralist?
2. What is Michel really doing as his wife walks ahead at their new walking place?
3. What makes Michel realize his illness is getting serious during his honeymoon trip?
4. Why does Michel want to tell his story?
5. What surprises Michel about the work he and his father do together?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)