|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michel's wife walk ahead in their new walking place?
(a) She is power walking and he can't keep up.
(b) She wants to hurry back to the hotel.
(c) She wants to walk in sunshine rather than shade.
(d) She's hoping to lose her husband in the maze.
2. In Part 1, Chapters 5-7, what do Michel's physical changes mirror?
(a) An old, married man.
(b) His inner changes.
(c) His family's estate.
(d) His new hair-do.
3. How does Michel greet his friends once they are inside his house?
(a) With a hearty handshake.
(b) By offering them tea.
(c) With hugs.
(d) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
4. How long do Michel and his wife stay at the hotel while he recuperates?
(a) Amost a year.
(b) About four months.
(c) About four weeks.
(d) About six months.
5. Who are the friends to which Michel confesses?
(a) Denis, Daniel, and an unnamed friend.
(c) Denis, Daniel, Menalgue, Biskra.
(d) Denis and Daniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michel's wife take him for small walks when he's able to venture out?
2. Why does Michel's wife initially invite the boy to come play in their hotel room?
3. With his new attitude at the end of Part 1, Chapters 5-7, how does Michel view each day?
4. Who does Michel find when he returns to the new walking place alone one evening?
5. How does Michel feel on his last night in Biskra?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)