|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michel tell his wife he is doing while she walks ahead when they visit their new walking place?
(a) Playing marbles with the children.
(b) Breathing exercises in the fresh air.
(c) Meeting lots of new boys.
(d) Resting in the shade.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, Michel's wife introduces him to a new place to walk. What is this place?
(a) A grove of cypress trees.
(b) A shady grove of gardens.
(c) A park full of playground equipment.
(d) A pathway to an orchard.
3. What does Michel read on his last night in Biskra when he can't sleep?
(a) A specific passage he looked up in the hotel Bible.
(b) A specific passage he looked up in his own Bible.
(c) A random passage from his Bible.
(d) A random passage in the hotel Bible.
4. At what time of day do Michel and his wife leave their hotel?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At noon.
(c) After lunch.
(d) At 11 a.m.
5. How does Michel greet his friends outside when they arrive at his home?
(a) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
(b) With hugs and kisses on each side of the face.
(c) He sends a butler to welcome them.
(d) With a hearty handshake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michel study during his scholarly life?
2. With his new attitude at the end of Part 1, Chapters 5-7, how does Michel view each day?
3. Why does Michel marry his wife?
4. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Michel?
5. What startles the boy who comes to play in Michel's hotel room?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)