|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Michel and his wife shop on their honeymoon?
2. What startles the boy who comes to play in Michel's hotel room?
(a) Michel's wife.
(b) Michel's collection of skulls.
(c) Michel's father.
(d) Michel's ghastly appearance.
3. How does Michel feel about the work he asked the barber to do?
(a) He wishes he'd never suggested the leeches.
(b) He is ahead of the trend by shaving off his mustache only.
(c) He thinks the goatee will impress the young goatherds he met on his honeymoon.
(d) He feels like people can read his thoughts more easily since he's not hiding behind a beard.
4. Who is the first Arab boy invited to play in Michel's hotel room?
5. What best summarizes the passage Michel read when he couldn't sleep on his last night in Biskra?
(a) An old man walks where he should, but a younger man should stretch out his hands.
(b) Love others as you love yourself.
(c) Not to covet neighbors.
(d) A young man walks where he should, but an older man should stretch out his hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michel feel about returning to his studies?
2. How is the main character's story introduced in the book?
3. What is one obstacle in the relationship between Michel and his wife?
4. As Michel works aggressively toward a full recovery, what does Michel put aside to concentrate more on his physical recovery?
5. What does Michel tell his wife he is doing while she walks ahead when they visit their new walking place?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)