|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one obstacle in the relationship between Michel and his wife?
(a) Her desire to have children.
(b) Her religion.
(c) Her relationships with little boys.
(d) Her frugality.
2. What are Michel's studies that he returns to after his honeymoon?
(a) Art and music.
(b) Ancient history and culture.
(c) American history and art.
(d) Culture and language.
3. Why does Michel want to tell his story?
(a) He needs their permission to use their names in his book.
(b) He wants to write a book.
(c) To see how his friends react.
(d) In order to be free.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, Michel returns to the hotel from a walk to find his wife...
(a) With another man.
(b) Is missing.
(c) Reading his journal.
(d) Nursing an ill Arab boy.
5. Where do Michel and his wife settle down for him to resume his studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michel really doing as his wife walks ahead at their new walking place?
2. Why does Michel's wife initially invite the boy to come play in their hotel room?
3. What does Michel's wife immediately do when she learns he is sick?
4. Who are the friends to which Michel confesses?
5. How is the main character's story introduced in the book?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)