|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the Arab boys steal from Michel's hotel room?
(a) A pair of reading glasses.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) Coins and candy.
(d) A pair of scissors.
2. Who is the first Arab boy invited to play in Michel's hotel room?
3. Who introduces Michel to more boys at the new walking place?
(b) A handsome 12-year-old goatherd.
(c) His wife.
(d) A deformed little boy.
4. What contributes to the delicate health Michel experiences early in the story?
(a) Lack of fresh fruits and vegetables.
(b) His dislike of sunlight.
(c) Lack of money for regular doctor visits.
(d) His sheltered and sedentary life.
5. Who is the protagonist of The Immoralist?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Michel's mother die?
2. What best summarizes the passage Michel read when he couldn't sleep on his last night in Biskra?
3. At the end of Part 1, Chapters 5-7, what does the reader learn that Michel's change in attitude and appearance demonstrate?
4. To how many friends does Michel confess?
5. How does Michel regard his wife's feelings in Part 1, Chapters 5-7?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)