|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who collapses in front of Michel?
(a) A young boy.
(b) His wife.
(c) The carriage driver.
(d) The horse pulling the carriage.
2. What is the final destination of Michel's honeymoon trip?
3. Why does Michel's wife initially invite the boy to come play in their hotel room?
(a) To feed the starving boy.
(b) To cheer up Michel.
(c) To cheer up herself.
(d) To care for the boy's wounds.
4. Is Michel interested in what the caretaker tries to explain?
(a) Yes, he appreciates the man's time.
(b) No, and he tells the man to never mind.
(c) Yes, but he doesn't comprehend it easily.
(d) No, but he pretends to be so he won't hurt the man's feelings.
5. What does one of the Arab boys steal from Michel's hotel room?
(a) A pair of scissors.
(b) A pair of reading glasses.
(c) Coins and candy.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who completes driving the carriage into town?
2. By accepting the job he was offered in Part 1, Chapter 9, Michel is showing his desire once again toward...
3. Who must leave the family estate when autumn arrives?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 9, the couple spends several happy days in which town first?
5. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)