|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who expresses concern about the expenditures of the new furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(c) Michel's brother-in-law.
2. What does Michel wonder about himself as he watches his wife sleep after they have made love for the first time?
(a) Whether he would ever be able to leave her.
(b) Whether he could ever return her devotion if she were sick.
(c) Whether she would join him in his quest for vitality.
(d) Whether she would expect him to complete his studies.
3. Why does Michel approve the expenditures for furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He was bullied into it by his brother-in-law.
(b) He hopes it will curb his impulses to wander.
(c) To impress Charles.
(d) To make his wife happy.
4. What do Michel and his friend do during their visit?
(a) Think of ways for Michel to leave his wife.
(b) Walk together in a shady park.
(c) Stay up all night drinking wine and talking.
(d) Tour the family estate one last time.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who completes driving the carriage into town?
(a) A young boy.
(b) Michel's wife.
(c) The carriage driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns a stolen item to Michel?
2. What does the information Michel receives in the mail regarding his illness show him?
3. Which two friends are both irreverent and disdainful of Parisian society?
4. What happens the night Michel and his wife arrive at the destination they set out for in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Which phrase does Michel use to describe the first time he makes love with his wife?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)