|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michel wonder about himself as he watches his wife sleep after they have made love for the first time?
(a) Whether she would join him in his quest for vitality.
(b) Whether he would ever be able to leave her.
(c) Whether he could ever return her devotion if she were sick.
(d) Whether she would expect him to complete his studies.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who collapses in front of Michel?
(a) The carriage driver.
(b) The horse pulling the carriage.
(c) A young boy.
(d) His wife.
3. Who does Michel find when he returns to the new walking place alone one evening?
(a) A handsome 12-year-old goatherd.
(b) A deformed little boy.
(c) His wife.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who is driving the carriage in which Michel's wife is riding?
(a) A little boy.
(b) His wife herself.
(c) A madman.
(d) An old woman.
5. How does Michel's wife feel about seeing him take action in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is mad.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do Michel and his wife move to in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. While Marceline is sick in Part 2, Chapter 2, Michel chooses to visit...
3. What thoughts does Michel have while watching his wife sleep after making love to her the first time?
4. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. When does Michel walk away from Marceline?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)