Part 1, Chapter 1
1. Who is the protagonist of The Immoralist?
2. What is the main character's nationality?
(b) South American.
3. How is the main character's story introduced in the book?
(a) By his wife.
(b) By a young boy.
(c) By himself.
(d) With a letter.
4. To how many friends does Michel confess?
5. Who are the friends to which Michel confesses?
(a) Denis, Daniel, Menalgue, Biskra.
(b) Denis, Daniel, and an unnamed friend.
(d) Denis and Daniel.
6. How does Michel greet his friends outside when they arrive at his home?
(a) He sends a butler to welcome them.
(b) With hugs and kisses on each side of the face.
(c) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
(d) With a hearty handshake.
7. How does Michel greet his friends once they are inside his house?
(a) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
(b) With a hearty handshake.
(c) With hugs.
(d) By offering them tea.
8. Why does Michel want to tell his story?
(a) He needs their permission to use their names in his book.
(b) In order to be free.
(c) To see how his friends react.
(d) He wants to write a book.
This section contains 5,274 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)