Part 1, Chapter 1
1. Who is the protagonist of The Immoralist?
2. What is the main character's nationality?
(b) South American.
3. How is the main character's story introduced in the book?
(a) With a letter.
(b) By himself.
(c) By a young boy.
(d) By his wife.
4. To how many friends does Michel confess?
5. Who are the friends to which Michel confesses?
(a) Denis, Daniel, and an unnamed friend.
(b) Denis and Daniel.
(d) Denis, Daniel, Menalgue, Biskra.
6. How does Michel greet his friends outside when they arrive at his home?
(a) With hugs and kisses on each side of the face.
(b) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
(c) With a hearty handshake.
(d) He sends a butler to welcome them.
7. How does Michel greet his friends once they are inside his house?
(a) With a hearty handshake.
(b) With hugs.
(c) With no emotion or enthusiasm.
(d) By offering them tea.
8. Why does Michel want to tell his story?
(a) To see how his friends react.
(b) He wants to write a book.
(c) In order to be free.
(d) He needs their permission to use their names in his book.
This section contains 5,274 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)