Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
2. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
3. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
4. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
5. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
The importance of education is a focal point for Argan and others in the play. Discuss the importance of education in today's society. How does in compare to the era of the play?
Devotion plays a key role in "The Imaginary Invalid". There is Angelique's devotion to Cleante, Argan's devotion to his illnesses and Beline's devotion to Argan's fortune to name a few. Is Moliere making the statement that devotion is always or never rewarded? What other characters in the play exhibit this characteristic and is their reward for their devotion?
Moliere is himself extremely ill at the time of the play's premiere, in which he plays Argan himself. After collapsing on stage toward the end of the fourth performance, he goes home and dies. Discuss the irony of Moliere writing a play about an imaginary invalid when he himself is actually ill. What do you think Moliere is trying to say?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)