|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they know Argan from "head to toe"?
2. What does Argan decide that Angelique must be?
3. What does Beralde tell Argan is an answer to his prayers?
4. Who tells Argan that he should listen to the new doctor's advice?
5. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obsession is a prevalent theme in the play. Using the play as an example, how do you behave if you are obsessed with love? With medicine? With food?
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in the play overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. Choose one character and write an essay describing the obstacle they face and how they succeed despite it.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not it is ethical for a doctor to treat a patient that is not actually ill. If the outcome of the treatment is positive, does the doctor still have an obligation to be truthful? What are the moral implications of Dr. Purgon and Thomas Diaforus and his father treating Argan?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)