|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
2. What character is disguised as a doctor?
3. Who says, "Et, quod erat demonstratum"?
4. In Act 3, Scene 19, who does Toinette tell to quickly lie down?
5. Who says, "And you have your daughters"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Moliere states that the purpose of comedy is to correct men by making them laugh. Identify several behaviors or characters that Moliere demonstrates needing correction.
Essay Topic 2
One of the central themes of the play is that reality and appearances are hard to tell apart. Discuss instances of this occurring in the play and what you think Moliere is trying to say through this theme.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how Argan is altered by the end of the play. What does he learn about himself and the other characters in the play?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)