|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I don't like the idea at all"?
2. Where does Toinette say Argan's dinner is located?
3. What body parts does the new doctor suggest Argan have removed?
4. Who says, "Oh my dear Mistress, such a disaster"?
5. What does Argan say is "extraordinary" about the new doctor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The importance of education is a focal point for Argan and others in the play. Discuss the importance of education in today's society. How does in compare to the era of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Obsession is a prevalent theme in the play. Using the play as an example, how do you behave if you are obsessed with love? With medicine? With food?
Essay Topic 3
Devotion plays a key role in "The Imaginary Invalid". There is Angelique's devotion to Cleante, Argan's devotion to his illnesses and Beline's devotion to Argan's fortune to name a few. Is Moliere making the statement that devotion is always or never rewarded? What other characters in the play exhibit this characteristic and is their reward for their devotion?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)