|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
2. In Act 3, Scene 21, whom does Toinette announce has appeared in the doorway?
3. Who tells Argan that he should listen to the new doctor's advice?
4. How old does Argan think the new doctor is?
5. What character is disguised as a doctor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in the play overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. Choose one character and write an essay describing the obstacle they face and how they succeed despite it.
Essay Topic 2
Obsession is a prevalent theme in the play. Using the play as an example, how do you behave if you are obsessed with love? With medicine? With food?
Essay Topic 3
Devotion plays a key role in "The Imaginary Invalid". There is Angelique's devotion to Cleante, Argan's devotion to his illnesses and Beline's devotion to Argan's fortune to name a few. Is Moliere making the statement that devotion is always or never rewarded? What other characters in the play exhibit this characteristic and is their reward for their devotion?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)