|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 13, whom does Toinette say to the new doctor that he will find waiting inside?
2. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
3. Who says, "And you have your daughters"?
4. In Act 3, Scene 17, what does Argan fear is a dangerous activity?
5. Whom does Argan fear might die of shock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The importance of education is a focal point for Argan and others in the play. Discuss the importance of education in today's society. How does in compare to the era of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Moliere states that the purpose of comedy is to correct men by making them laugh. Identify several behaviors or characters that Moliere demonstrates needing correction.
Essay Topic 3
One of the central themes of the play is that reality and appearances are hard to tell apart. Discuss instances of this occurring in the play and what you think Moliere is trying to say through this theme.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)