|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does the medical faculty do when entering Argan's room?
2. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
3. Who tells Argan he must do as Angelique wishes, now that she has proven herself?
4. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
5. Who comments on all the mysterious doors in Argan's home?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Argan with Beralde, especially in their final confrontation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe an instance in the play when a secret is kept. Is the truth hidden for a noble purpose? Is the objective a selfish one? How does keeping the secret make that character feel? Is lying ever a justifiable action?
Essay Topic 3
One of the central themes of the play is that reality and appearances are hard to tell apart. Discuss instances of this occurring in the play and what you think Moliere is trying to say through this theme.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)