Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
2. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
3. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
4. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
5. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
Compare and contrast Argan with Beralde, especially in their final confrontation.
In earlier versions of the play, Beralde and Toinette are romantically involved. How does this change the outcome of the play? What do you think the reasons are for Moliere changing this in the final version?
The importance of education is a focal point for Argan and others in the play. Discuss the importance of education in today's society. How does in compare to the era of the play?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)