|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When the surgeon comes, send him away."?
2. What does Argan decide that Angelique must be?
3. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
4. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
5. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in the play overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. Choose one character and write an essay describing the obstacle they face and how they succeed despite it.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Beralde so dismissive of the medical profession? Is his attitude influenced by his brothers obsession? Is Beralde or Argan more indicative of Moliere's opinion on the medical profession?
Essay Topic 3
Describe an instance in the play when a secret is kept. Is the truth hidden for a noble purpose? Is the objective a selfish one? How does keeping the secret make that character feel? Is lying ever a justifiable action?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)