Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
2. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
3. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
4. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
5. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
Essay Topic 1
In earlier versions of the play, Beralde and Toinette are romantically involved. How does this change the outcome of the play? What do you think the reasons are for Moliere changing this in the final version?
Essay Topic 2
Secrecy is a recurring device used throughout the play. Write an essay detailing how one of the characters in the play hides their true intentions or motives. Why do they keep their motives secret? Is their secrecy successful in achieving their goal?
Essay Topic 3
Obsession is a prevalent theme in the play. Using the play as an example, how do you behave if you are obsessed with love? With medicine? With food?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)