Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
2. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
3. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
4. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
5. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
Who is it that is the master of the house? Who holds the deciding power? Which characters gain or lose influence over the household in the course of the play?
A central theme of this play is the internal struggle of mind versus body. There is credible doubt as to whether Argan is truly sick or if he is imagining his illness. Write an essay discussing another internal conflict presented in the play.
Describe an instance in the play when a secret is kept. Is the truth hidden for a noble purpose? Is the objective a selfish one? How does keeping the secret make that character feel? Is lying ever a justifiable action?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)