|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toinette eventually get Argan's glass of water?
2. How old does Argan think the new doctor is?
3. What does Angelique say is more than she can bear?
4. Whom does the new doctor leave to speak to?
5. Why does Argan first refuse Cleante's proposal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The importance of education is a focal point for Argan and others in the play. Discuss the importance of education in today's society. How does in compare to the era of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Moliere states that the purpose of comedy is to correct men by making them laugh. Identify several behaviors or characters that Moliere demonstrates needing correction.
Essay Topic 3
One of the central themes of the play is that reality and appearances are hard to tell apart. Discuss instances of this occurring in the play and what you think Moliere is trying to say through this theme.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)