|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls for Toinette after Beralde hides?
2. Through the use of non-verbal communication, what does Toinette try to tell Angelique?
3. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
4. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
5. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In earlier versions of the play, Beralde and Toinette are romantically involved. How does this change the outcome of the play? What do you think the reasons are for Moliere changing this in the final version?
Essay Topic 2
Obsession is a prevalent theme in the play. Using the play as an example, how do you behave if you are obsessed with love? With medicine? With food?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how Argan is altered by the end of the play. What does he learn about himself and the other characters in the play?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)