|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remarks, "It's not a likeness, it's the same face!"?
2. Once the new doctor leaves, who discusses the resemblance of the doctor to Toinette?
3. Who tells Argan he must do as Angelique wishes, now that she has proven herself?
4. When Beline asks "What about him?", to whom is she referring?
5. Whom does Toinette say are "like two sweethearts"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in the play overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. Choose one character and write an essay describing the obstacle they face and how they succeed despite it.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how Argan is altered by the end of the play. What does he learn about himself and the other characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Does desire and obsession cloud the ability to see the truth? What examples in the play demonstrate a desire that clouds someone's judgment or encourages them to act a certain way?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)