|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
2. Who comments on all the mysterious doors in Argan's home?
3. What does Argan wish after Beline leaves the room?
4. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
5. Who does not want to be thought a fool?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay detailing how Argan is easily fooled. Is it because of his willingness to agree with anything that supports his belief that he is ill? Is it because of the quality of the deception?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how Argan is altered by the end of the play. What does he learn about himself and the other characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe an instance in the play when a secret is kept. Is the truth hidden for a noble purpose? Is the objective a selfish one? How does keeping the secret make that character feel? Is lying ever a justifiable action?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)