|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angelique say she cannot marry Cleante?
2. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
3. When Beline asks "What about him?", to whom is she referring?
4. Who asks the new doctor his age?
5. Who says, "Et, quod erat demonstratum"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Argan with Beralde, especially in their final confrontation.
Essay Topic 2
Moliere states that the purpose of comedy is to correct men by making them laugh. Identify several behaviors or characters that Moliere demonstrates needing correction.
Essay Topic 3
Does desire and obsession cloud the ability to see the truth? What examples in the play demonstrate a desire that clouds someone's judgment or encourages them to act a certain way?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)