Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that beats Louison?
2. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
3. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
4. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
5. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dilemma caused by the doctor's proposed severe treatment of losing an arm and an eye?
2. How does Toinette use irony to convince Argan to pretend to be dead and test Beline?
3. How does Cleante's appearance in disguise demonstrate his love for Angelique?
4. How does the doctor deflect Argan's inquiries about his resemblance to Toinette?
5. How does the transitional scene, after Mr. Fleurant leaves, further inform Argan's hypochondria?
6. How does Beralde use Argan's own fears to help further Toinette's plans?
7. What is the reason that Mr. Purgon cut all ties with Argan once his prescription was refused?
8. In Act 3, Scene 10, how does Toinette appearance demonstrate Argan's obsession with his illnesses?
9. As Angelique leaves, how do Argan's actions show his selfishness increasing?
10. How is foreshadowing used in the announcement of the arrival of Thomas Diaforus?
Compare and contrast Argan with Beralde, especially in their final confrontation.
Several characters in the play overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. Choose one character and write an essay describing the obstacle they face and how they succeed despite it.
Does desire and obsession cloud the ability to see the truth? What examples in the play demonstrate a desire that clouds someone's judgment or encourages them to act a certain way?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)