|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
(a) As old.
(b) As dirty.
(c) As musty.
(d) As rambling.
2. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As a lost soul.
(b) As resembling Toinette.
(c) As handsome and honest.
(d) As a merchant.
3. Through the use of non-verbal communication, what does Toinette try to tell Angelique?
(a) That Cleante is hiding.
(b) That Argan is not really dead.
(c) That Beline is in the next room.
(d) That Beralde is hiding.
4. Who reassures Argan that the new doctor's disappearance is nothing to worry about?
(a) Beline and Toinette.
(b) Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
(c) Toinette and Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Beralde and Toinette.
5. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
(a) She has work to do.
(b) She needs to get pen and paper.
(c) She is afraid Argan is contagious.
(d) The doctor is calling her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
2. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
3. Where does Beralde say the faculty is meeting?
4. Who remarks, "It's not a likeness, it's the same face!"?
5. How is the similarity between the doctor and Toinette explained?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)