|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Argan first refuse Cleante's proposal?
(a) He promised Thomas Diaforus.
(b) He believes Cleante is a music teacher.
(c) Beline does not wish it.
(d) He is too ill to make a decision.
2. Who tells Argan he must do as Angelique wishes, now that she has proven herself?
3. Where does Toinette eventually get Argan's glass of water?
(a) She does not get him a glass of water.
(b) From the well.
(c) From the kitchen.
(d) From his table.
4. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will find Angelique.
(b) That she will not be rude to him.
(c) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(d) That she will return with the doctor.
5. In Act 3, Scene 20, why is Angelique most distressed?
(a) That Beline will inherit Argan's fortune.
(b) That Argan died alone.
(c) That Argan died without changing his will.
(d) That Argan died while angry at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The new doctor is the second person to use a disguise in the play. Who is the first?
2. Whom does the new doctor leave to speak to?
3. Who asks the new doctor his age?
4. Where does Toinette say the new doctor is from?
5. What does Argan wish after Beline leaves the room?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)