|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Argan say is "extraordinary" about the new doctor?
(a) The doctors resemblance to Beralde.
(b) The doctors medicine.
(c) His brothers attitude.
(d) The doctors resemblance to Toinette.
2. Whom does Toinette say are "like two sweethearts"?
(a) Argan and Beline.
(b) Angelique and Cleante.
(c) Mr. Bellafoy and Beline.
(d) Mr. Diaforus and Thomas Diaforus.
3. What language does Beralde say the doctor ceremony will be in?
4. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
(a) The location of Argan's door.
(b) The laws of Paris.
(c) Argan's illness.
(d) The location of his coachman.
5. In Act 3, Scene 20, why is Angelique most distressed?
(a) That Argan died without changing his will.
(b) That Argan died alone.
(c) That Argan died while angry at her.
(d) That Beline will inherit Argan's fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Beline say is caterwauling?
2. Who reassures Argan that the new doctor's disappearance is nothing to worry about?
3. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
4. Argan will agree to let Cleante marry Angelique under what condition?
5. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)