|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 21, whom does Toinette announce has appeared in the doorway?
2. Who calls for Toinette after Beralde hides?
3. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
(a) To deliver a message.
(b) Argan has called her.
(c) To hand in her resignation.
(d) To begin cleaning the room.
4. In Act 3, Scene 16, whom does Toinette say just arrived home and is coming to the room?
(a) Mr. Purgon
5. How does the new doctor refer to Thomas Diaforus?
(a) As a worthy son-in-law.
(b) As an excellent physician.
(c) As a handsome man.
(d) As a half-wit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 19, whom does Toinette believe may hear something surprising?
2. Who asks the new doctor his age?
3. In Act 3, Scene 13, whom does Toinette say to the new doctor that he will find waiting inside?
4. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
5. Whom does Toinette say are "like two sweethearts"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)