|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
(a) Toinette, Argan and Beralde.
(b) Toinette, Argan and Mr. Purgon.
(c) Argan, Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
(d) Argan, Beralde and Angelique.
2. What subject does Beralde bring up once the new doctor is gone?
(a) Argan's illness.
(b) The resemblence of the doctor and Toinette.
(d) Angelique's marriage.
3. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will not be rude to him.
(b) That she will find Angelique.
(c) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(d) That she will return with the doctor.
4. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
5. Who asks the new doctor his age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Argan first refuse Cleante's proposal?
2. Who says they know Argan from "head to toe"?
3. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
4. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
5. Who states that taking pulses is what all doctors do?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)