|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Argan believe is a good idea for Louison's husband?
(a) A notary.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) An apothacary.
(d) A music teacher.
2. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(a) In a month's time.
(b) During the winter solstice.
(c) In a week.
3. Who is heard singing off stage after Argan gives his ultimatum about the impending marriage?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
4. What is the name of the person that beats Louison?
5. What is Argan trying to remember when he is counting?
(a) Where he hid his money.
(b) His doctors instructions.
(c) His daughters names.
(d) Who is the king of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
2. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
3. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
4. What does Argan think of the gypsy song?
5. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toinette, as the doctor, use flattery to aid in the deception in Act 3, Scene 14?
2. How does Beline's reaction to seeing her husband dead affect Argan?
3. How does Cleante's presence aid in Angelique's portrayal of remorse at her father's death?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, what recurring plot point is introduced in the conversation between Beralde and Toinette?
5. What physical tactics were used to help Toinette's disguise work?
6. How does Argan's illness affect his realization of Angelique's feelings towards him?
7. How is Argan's belief that he is an important man reinforced by the new doctor's appearance?
8. How does Toinette, as the doctor, use her deception to aid Angelique?
9. How does Toinette dismiss Argan's fears that Louison hates him?
10. How does Toinette affect Angelique's discovery of her fathers death?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)