|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is called "every inch a splendid gentleman"?
(b) Mr. Fleurant.
2. What is Beline's relation to Angelique?
3. Who would rather die than leave Angelique to herself?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
4. This person arrives before Toinette can leave to find them.
(b) Mr. Fleurant.
5. What is Argan trying to remember when he is counting?
(a) Who is the king of France.
(b) His daughters names.
(c) Where he hid his money.
(d) His doctors instructions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Diaforus?
2. To whom does Argan wish his fortune to go to upon his death?
3. Who is the person pretending to have an ankle injury?
4. In Act 1, Scene 10, who does Beline accuse of listening at the door?
5. Which character wears a nightcap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the possible motives for Beralde sending Mr. Fleurant away?
2. How is it demonstrated that Toinette is a trusted employee?
3. How do Beralde and the players manage to convince Argan that the ceremony to make him a doctor is valid?
4. How is foreshadowing used in Beline's admittance of her true feelings for Argan?
5. How does Toinette dismiss Argan's fears that Louison hates him?
6. How does Beralde justify the doctor's likeness to Toinette?
7. In Act 3, Scene 18, in addition to the discovery of Beline's motives, what other information is revealed about her marriage to Argan?
8. Why does Beline report on Angelique before she goes into town?
9. Highlight some of the differences between the relationship of father and daughter in "The Imaginary Invalid" and current father daughter relationships.
10. How does Beline's treatment of Argan deepen his belief that he is ill?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)