|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who leaves the room saying "Back in a minute"?
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
2. Who does Beline bring to Argan's house?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Bonnefoy.
3. Who agrees that Angelique finds a good match?
(d) Mr. Fleurant.
4. Who suggests to Toinette that Argan get a new doctor?
5. What is Beline's relation to Angelique?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called "every inch a splendid gentleman"?
2. Instead of telling Argan what she saw, what does his youngest daughter offer to do instead?
3. What does Beline say she must do before leaving for town?
4. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
5. How does Mr. Fleurant express his anger towards Beralde?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Angelique leaves, how do Argan's actions show his selfishness increasing?
2. How does Toinette dismiss Argan's fears that Louison hates him?
3. What is the reason that Mr. Purgon cut all ties with Argan once his prescription was refused?
4. How does Beralde further demonstrate his disbelief in Argan's illnesses, once Mr. Purgon leaves?
5. How is Argan's selfishness in choosing a husband for his daughter a result of his imaginary illness?
6. How does Toinette use Argan's illness to keep him away from Angelique's wedding?
7. How does Cleante's appearance in disguise demonstrate his love for Angelique?
8. Besides fear of his own death, what does Argan fear his pretending may cause to occur?
9. How is Argan's fear that "playing dead" causes his real death ironic?
10. How does Angelique's initial reaction to her father's death show her true feelings?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)