Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accuses Toinette of upsetting her master?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
2. What profession does Argan believe is a good idea for Louison's husband?
(a) A notary.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) An apothacary.
3. How does Beralde believe that Angelique's husband should be chosen?
(a) By her fathers decision.
(b) By Beline's decision.
(c) By mutually agreed match.
(d) By a singing contest.
4. What relationship does Mr. Purgon accuse Beralde of interfering in?
(a) The brother-brother relationship.
(b) The notary-client relationship.
(c) The physician-patient relationship.
(d) The father-daughter relationship.
5. Who is Argan calling for when he shouts "Come quick. I'm dying!"?
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Toinette say will be put in a convent?
2. Why does Argan's brother say he has come to see him?
3. Which two characters speak of Angelique's "ordained" meeting?
4. To whom does Argan wish his fortune to go to upon his death?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, whom does Toinette tell to get out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beline's reaction to seeing her husband dead affect Argan?
2. Why does Beline take offense at Angelique's comments about marriage?
3. How does Beralde justify the doctor's likeness to Toinette?
4. How is it demonstrated that Toinette is a trusted employee?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, what recurring plot point is introduced in the conversation between Beralde and Toinette?
6. How does Cleante's presence aid in Angelique's portrayal of remorse at her father's death?
7. How does Argan's desire to have his children cut out of his will further demonstrate his obsession with his illnesses?
8. What is the reason that Mr. Purgon cut all ties with Argan once his prescription was refused?
9. Explain how the plot element of secrecy is introduced in Act 1, Scene 3.
10. How does the operetta that is performed show both Cleante and Angelique's feelings are true?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)