|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Argan he is "the picture of health"?
2. What does Beralde ask Argan to do in front of the apothecary?
(a) To allow his daughter to marry for love.
(b) To put off taking the apothacary's potion.
(c) To loan him a sum of money.
(d) To leave the room.
3. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The music teacher.
(c) Argan's doctor.
(d) His son.
4. Who questions Beline's reasons for threatening Angelique?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
5. What is the relationship between Mr. Purgon and Mr. Fleurant?
(a) Mr. Fluerant is Mr. Purgon's uncle.
(b) Mr. Purgon is Mr. Fleurant's uncle.
(c) Mr. Purgon is Mr. Fleurant's assistant.
(d) Mr. Fluerant is Mr. Purgon's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beline say she must do before leaving for town?
2. Whom does Louison say was in Angelique's room?
3. Whom does Toinette say will be put in a convent?
4. Who is Mr. Purgon's nephew?
5. What body part does Mr. Diaforus believe that Argan's illness stems from?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, what recurring plot point is introduced in the conversation between Beralde and Toinette?
2. How does the doctor deflect Argan's inquiries about his resemblance to Toinette?
3. In Act 3, Scene 10, how does Toinette appearance demonstrate Argan's obsession with his illnesses?
4. How is foreshadowing used to set up the ordeal that makes Argan a doctor?
5. How does Beline's reaction to seeing her husband dead affect Argan?
6. How does Argan's illness affect his realization of Angelique's feelings towards him?
7. How does Beralde justify the doctor's likeness to Toinette?
8. How does Argan's action of talking to himself further demonstrate his obsession with his illnesses?
9. Explain how the plot element of secrecy is introduced in Act 1, Scene 3.
10. How do Beralde and the players manage to convince Argan that the ceremony to make him a doctor is valid?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)