|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Louison say was in Angelique's room?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) The music teacher.
2. Why does Argan say he arranged for Angelique's marriage?
(a) Because it increases his wealth.
(b) To please Beline.
(c) To get a son-in-law useful to himself.
(d) Because their mother is dead.
3. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
4. Whom does Argan ask to draw up a marriage contract?
(a) Mr. Bonnefoy.
(b) Mr. Diaforus.
5. Whom does Toinette say will be put in a convent?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who leaves the room saying "Back in a minute"?
2. Why does Argan ask God to forgive him?
3. Whom does Toinette see talking to themselves?
4. Act 2, Scene 3, what does Toinette say to Argan about his health?
5. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beline take offense at Angelique's comments about marriage?
2. As Angelique leaves, how do Argan's actions show his selfishness increasing?
3. How is it demonstrated that Toinette is a trusted employee?
4. How is foreshadowing used in the announcement of the arrival of Thomas Diaforus?
5. In Act 3, Scene 18, in addition to the discovery of Beline's motives, what other information is revealed about her marriage to Argan?
6. Highlight some of the differences between the relationship of father and daughter in "The Imaginary Invalid" and current father daughter relationships.
7. How does Beralde use Argan's illness to allow Toinette to leave to find the doctor?
8. How does Beralde justify the doctor's likeness to Toinette?
9. How does Toinette dismiss Argan's fears that Louison hates him?
10. How does Cleante's appearance in disguise demonstrate his love for Angelique?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)