|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Argan accuses Mr. Purgon of?
(b) Killing him.
(c) Having an affair with Beline.
(d) Plotting to steal his money.
2. How does Beralde believe that Angelique's husband should be chosen?
(a) By Beline's decision.
(b) By her fathers decision.
(c) By a singing contest.
(d) By mutually agreed match.
3. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
(a) A notary.
(b) An apothecary.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does Mr. Purgon instructed Argan to eat?
(a) Cakes and pies.
(b) Boiled meat.
(c) Roasted meat.
5. Who is the person pretending to have an ankle injury?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Fleurant express his anger towards Beralde?
2. Who is called "every inch a splendid gentleman"?
3. What does Thomas Diaforus call Argan?
4. Who tells Angelique that Beline is conspiring against her?
5. What does Beralde ask Argan to do in front of the apothecary?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Angelique leaves, how do Argan's actions show his selfishness increasing?
2. How does Cleante's appearance in disguise demonstrate his love for Angelique?
3. Why does Beline report on Angelique before she goes into town?
4. How can we tell that Louison is loyal to Angelique?
5. How is foreshadowing used in the announcement of the arrival of Thomas Diaforus?
6. What two opinions do Beralde and Toinette have in common?
7. How does Toinette dismiss Argan's fears that Louison hates him?
8. Highlight some of the differences between the relationship of father and daughter in "The Imaginary Invalid" and current father daughter relationships.
9. Why does Beline take offense at Angelique's comments about marriage?
10. How does Beline's treatment of Argan deepen his belief that he is ill?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)