Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person that beats Louison?
2. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
(a) That they will infect Argan's household.
(b) That he will have the same illness.
(c) That they soon will kill Argan.
(d) They they are imaginary.
3. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
4. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(a) During the winter solstice.
(b) In a week.
(c) In a month's time.
5. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees that Angelique finds a good match?
2. In Act 1, Scene 10, who does Beline accuse of listening at the door?
3. Who suggests to Toinette that Argan get a new doctor?
4. Which character wears a nightcap?
5. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dilemma caused by the doctor's proposed severe treatment of losing an arm and an eye?
2. How does Toinette use irony to convince Argan to pretend to be dead and test Beline?
3. How does Cleante's appearance in disguise demonstrate his love for Angelique?
4. How does the doctor deflect Argan's inquiries about his resemblance to Toinette?
5. How does the transitional scene, after Mr. Fleurant leaves, further inform Argan's hypochondria?
6. How does Beralde use Argan's own fears to help further Toinette's plans?
7. What is the reason that Mr. Purgon cut all ties with Argan once his prescription was refused?
8. In Act 3, Scene 10, how does Toinette appearance demonstrate Argan's obsession with his illnesses?
9. As Angelique leaves, how do Argan's actions show his selfishness increasing?
10. How is foreshadowing used in the announcement of the arrival of Thomas Diaforus?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)