|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Beline's reasons for threatening Angelique?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
2. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a guest.
(c) He is speaking Latin.
(d) He is a man.
3. Who is the person pretending to have an ankle injury?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
4. What does Beline say she cannot live without?
(a) Her step children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her lover.
5. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
(a) By helping Angelique escape.
(b) By exposing Thomas Diaforus faults.
(c) By advocating Cleante's virtues.
(d) By agreeing with Argan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would rather die than leave Angelique to herself?
2. What profession does Argan believe is a good idea for Louison's husband?
3. Whom does Toinette thank for creating Thomas Diaforus?
4. This person has something important to tell Angelique toward the beginning of the play.
5. What relationship does Mr. Purgon accuse Beralde of interfering in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Beline appears to have no interest in Argan's will. What clues are given demonstrating this might not be true?
2. How does Beralde justify the doctor's likeness to Toinette?
3. How does Toinette use Argan's illness to keep him away from Angelique's wedding?
4. How does Toinette, as the doctor, use her deception to aid Angelique?
5. How does Moliere use the diagnosis of Argan to express an opinion on doctors?
6. What is the reason that Mr. Purgon cut all ties with Argan once his prescription was refused?
7. How does Argan's desire to have his children cut out of his will further demonstrate his obsession with his illnesses?
8. How is foreshadowing used in Beline's admittance of her true feelings for Argan?
9. How does Toinette manage to convince Argan that she is two people?
10. What does Beralde say about Beline that agrees with an earlier statement made by Toinette?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)