|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remarks, "It's not a likeness, it's the same face!"?
2. In Act 3, Scene 21, whom does Toinette announce has appeared in the doorway?
3. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she hates Angelique.
(c) That she a Duchess.
(d) Her true feelings towards him.
4. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
(a) Toinette, Argan and Mr. Purgon.
(b) Argan, Beralde and Angelique.
(c) Toinette, Argan and Beralde.
(d) Argan, Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
5. What enrages Beralde even more than Argan's imaginary illnesses?
(a) Argan's blindness towards his wife.
(b) Argan's flaunting of his wealth.
(c) Toinette's insolence to her master.
(d) The incompetence of doctors.
6. Whom does Beline tell to stop making a fuss?
7. Whom does Beline say is caterwauling?
8. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
9. Who does Beralde send to fetch the faculty?
10. When Beline asks "What about him?", to whom is she referring?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Bonnefoy.
11. Where does Toinette eventually get Argan's glass of water?
(a) From the well.
(b) From his table.
(c) From the kitchen.
(d) She does not get him a glass of water.
12. What does Argan wish after Beline leaves the room?
(a) That he was dead.
(b) That Beline was dead.
(c) That his first wife was alive.
(d) That the doctor was there.
13. How long does the new doctor tell Argan to remain resting in his room?
(a) The better part of a year.
(b) At least a week.
(c) For the remainder of the day.
(d) A fortnight.
14. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
(b) The gypsy's
15. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will not be rude to him.
(b) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(c) That she will find Angelique.
(d) That she will return with the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toinette say that Beline would never do to Argan?
2. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
3. In Act 3, Scene 19, who does Toinette tell to quickly lie down?
4. Through the use of non-verbal communication, what does Toinette try to tell Angelique?
5. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)