|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
(a) As rambling.
(b) As old.
(c) As musty.
(d) As dirty.
2. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
(a) Argan has called her.
(b) To hand in her resignation.
(c) To deliver a message.
(d) To begin cleaning the room.
3. What is the announced profession of the visitor that arrives after Mr. Purgon leaves?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An apothacary.
4. The new doctor is the second person to use a disguise in the play. Who is the first?
5. Who states that taking pulses is what all doctors do?
(c) The new doctor.
6. Who is hiding when Angelique discovers her father in his chair?
7. How old does Argan think the new doctor is?
(a) As old as Toinette.
(b) As old as dirt.
(c) As old as Angelique.
(d) As old as Argan.
8. Whom does Argan say "stick together like leeches"?
9. Who says, "Dead as mutton"?
10. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
11. What does Argan wish after Beline leaves the room?
(a) That Beline was dead.
(b) That his first wife was alive.
(c) That the doctor was there.
(d) That he was dead.
12. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As handsome and honest.
(b) As a merchant.
(c) As a lost soul.
(d) As resembling Toinette.
13. In Act 3, Scene 20, why is Angelique most distressed?
(a) That Argan died alone.
(b) That Argan died without changing his will.
(c) That Argan died while angry at her.
(d) That Beline will inherit Argan's fortune.
14. Why does Argan first refuse Cleante's proposal?
(a) He believes Cleante is a music teacher.
(b) Beline does not wish it.
(c) He promised Thomas Diaforus.
(d) He is too ill to make a decision.
15. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
(a) Louison and Toinette.
(b) Angelique and Beline.
(c) Toinette and Angelique.
(d) Angelique and Louison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "And you have your daughters"?
2. Who calls for Toinette after Beralde hides?
3. Who does Beralde send to fetch the faculty?
4. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
5. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)