|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beralde say the faculty is meeting?
(a) In his home town.
(b) In the town hospital.
(c) In the house next door.
(d) In Paris.
2. What character is disguised as a doctor?
3. Whom does the new doctor call "the worst doctor in Paris, with two exceptions"?
(a) Mr. Diaforus.
(b) Mr. Purgon.
(c) Mr. Bellafoy
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
4. Whom does Argan fear might die of shock?
5. In Act 3, Scene 20, why is Angelique most distressed?
(a) That Beline will inherit Argan's fortune.
(b) That Argan died while angry at her.
(c) That Argan died without changing his will.
(d) That Argan died alone.
6. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
(a) Toinette, Argan and Beralde.
(b) Toinette, Argan and Mr. Purgon.
(c) Argan, Beralde and Angelique.
(d) Argan, Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
7. When Beline asks "What about him?", to whom is she referring?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Bonnefoy.
8. Argan will agree to let Cleante marry Angelique under what condition?
(a) That Cleante pays a substantial dowery.
(b) That Cleante becomes a doctor.
(c) That Cleante sings him a song.
(d) That Beline approves.
9. What does Argan decide that Angelique must be?
(a) An old maid.
(b) A nun.
(c) Married to Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Married within the hour.
10. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
11. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As resembling Toinette.
(b) As a merchant.
(c) As handsome and honest.
(d) As a lost soul.
12. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
13. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
(a) The location of his coachman.
(b) Argan's illness.
(c) The location of Argan's door.
(d) The laws of Paris.
14. How does Toinette describe Argan to Angelique?
(a) As a hypochandriac.
(b) As a poor dear loving father.
(c) As a foolish old man.
(d) As wealthy old codger.
15. Who does Beralde send to fetch the faculty?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the new doctor tell Argan to remain resting in his room?
2. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
3. What enrages Beralde even more than Argan's imaginary illnesses?
4. Who reassures Argan that the new doctor's disappearance is nothing to worry about?
5. What action does the medical faculty do when entering Argan's room?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)