|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
2. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
(a) An ordeal.
(b) An inner wisdom.
(c) A substantial payment.
(d) A strong imagination.
3. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
(a) As old.
(b) As rambling.
(c) As dirty.
(d) As musty.
4. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
(a) To hate Beline.
(b) To be a music teacher.
(c) To be healthy.
(d) To be dead.
5. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
(a) He is lost.
(b) Belarde offended him.
(c) Argan offended him.
(d) He was called away.
6. Whom does the new doctor leave to speak to?
(a) His coachman.
(c) His apothacary.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
7. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
(a) The gypsy's
8. In Act 3, Scene 21, whom does Toinette announce has appeared in the doorway?
9. Where does Toinette eventually get Argan's glass of water?
(a) She does not get him a glass of water.
(b) From the well.
(c) From his table.
(d) From the kitchen.
10. What is the announced profession of the visitor that arrives after Mr. Purgon leaves?
(a) An apothacary.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) A doctor.
11. Who calls for Toinette after Beralde hides?
12. Who says, "When the surgeon comes, send him away."?
13. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will find Angelique.
(b) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(c) That she will return with the doctor.
(d) That she will not be rude to him.
14. Who tells Argan he must do as Angelique wishes, now that she has proven herself?
15. Whom does Toinette say are "like two sweethearts"?
(a) Mr. Diaforus and Thomas Diaforus.
(b) Argan and Beline.
(c) Mr. Bellafoy and Beline.
(d) Angelique and Cleante.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the new doctor his age?
2. What character is disguised as a doctor?
3. What does Toinette say that Beline would never do to Argan?
4. Whom does Toinette say is cold and stark?
5. Where does Toinette say Argan's dinner is located?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)