|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the similarity between the doctor and Toinette explained?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) As a long lost brother.
(c) As a freak of nature.
(d) As a figment of Argan's imagination.
2. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
3. What country is the setting of the play?
4. Before the doctor ceremony, what does Argan look at?
(a) His face in a mirror.
(b) His daughters face.
(c) His accounts ledger.
(d) His medicine bottles.
5. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) Her true feelings towards him.
(b) That she hates Angelique.
(c) That she a Duchess.
(d) That she is having an affair.
6. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
7. The new doctor is the second person to use a disguise in the play. Who is the first?
8. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
(a) The doctor is calling her.
(b) She needs to get pen and paper.
(c) She has work to do.
(d) She is afraid Argan is contagious.
9. Once the new doctor leaves, who discusses the resemblance of the doctor to Toinette?
(a) Toinette, Beralde and Argan.
(b) Toinette, Argan and Punchinello.
(c) Mr. Purgon, Beline and Beralde.
(d) Beralde, Argan and Beline.
10. What is the announced profession of the visitor that arrives after Mr. Purgon leaves?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) An apothacary.
(d) A music teacher.
11. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
(a) Argan, Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
(b) Toinette, Argan and Beralde.
(c) Argan, Beralde and Angelique.
(d) Toinette, Argan and Mr. Purgon.
12. What language does Beralde say the doctor ceremony will be in?
13. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
(a) To deliver a message.
(b) To hand in her resignation.
(c) Argan has called her.
(d) To begin cleaning the room.
14. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
(a) Argan offended him.
(b) Belarde offended him.
(c) He was called away.
(d) He is lost.
15. What does Argan decide that Angelique must be?
(a) An old maid.
(b) A nun.
(c) Married within the hour.
(d) Married to Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
2. Who calls for Toinette after Beralde hides?
3. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
4. To whom does Argan say he wishes Angelique to go to a nunnery?
5. Who says they know Argan from "head to toe"?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)