|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remarks, "It's not a likeness, it's the same face!"?
2. What is the last line of the play?
(a) "I must write myself out a prescription."
(b) "Et, quod erat demonstratum."
(c) "I give you my daughters hand in marriage."
(d) "I now pronounce you man and wife."
3. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will find Angelique.
(b) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(c) That she will return with the doctor.
(d) That she will not be rude to him.
4. Whom does Beline tell to stop making a fuss?
5. In Act 3, Scene 19, whom does Toinette believe may hear something surprising?
6. When Beline asks "What about him?", to whom is she referring?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Bonnefoy.
7. What action does the medical faculty do when entering Argan's room?
(a) They circle Argan.
(b) They take Argan's pulse.
(c) They examine Argan's medicines.
(d) They lift Argan up.
8. How long does the new doctor tell Argan to remain resting in his room?
(a) At least a week.
(b) For the remainder of the day.
(c) The better part of a year.
(d) A fortnight.
9. In Act 3, Scene 21, whom does Toinette announce has appeared in the doorway?
10. Who says, "Dead as mutton"?
11. Who says, "I don't like the idea at all"?
12. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
(a) To be a music teacher.
(b) To hate Beline.
(c) To be dead.
(d) To be healthy.
13. Whom does the new doctor call "the worst doctor in Paris, with two exceptions"?
(a) Mr. Diaforus.
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Purgon.
(d) Mr. Bellafoy
14. How does the new doctor refer to Thomas Diaforus?
(a) As a handsome man.
(b) As a worthy son-in-law.
(c) As an excellent physician.
(d) As a half-wit.
15. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
(a) Her true feelings towards Argan.
(b) Argan's medications.
(c) Argan's money.
(d) Argan's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
2. Where does Beralde say the faculty is meeting?
3. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
4. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
5. Whom does Toinette say works a miracle?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)