|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I don't like the idea at all"?
2. Who asks the new doctor his age?
3. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
4. Whom does the new doctor leave to speak to?
(b) His apothacary.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) His coachman.
5. How does Toinette describe Argan to Angelique?
(a) As wealthy old codger.
(b) As a poor dear loving father.
(c) As a hypochandriac.
(d) As a foolish old man.
6. Whom does Toinette say works a miracle?
(d) Mr. Purgon.
7. What does Beralde tell Argan is an answer to his prayers?
(a) The new doctor.
(b) Such a trusted servant.
(c) His wife.
(d) Such obedient daughters.
8. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) Her true feelings towards him.
(b) That she hates Angelique.
(c) That she a Duchess.
(d) That she is having an affair.
9. Who calls for Toinette after Beralde hides?
10. What does Argan wish after Beline leaves the room?
(a) That his first wife was alive.
(b) That the doctor was there.
(c) That Beline was dead.
(d) That he was dead.
11. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
(a) As musty.
(b) As old.
(c) As dirty.
(d) As rambling.
12. Where does Toinette say Argan's dinner is located?
(a) In the oven.
(b) At the market.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the dining room.
13. To whom does Argan say he wishes Angelique to go to a nunnery?
14. What body parts does the new doctor suggest Argan have removed?
(a) An eye and a leg.
(b) An arm and a leg.
(c) A leg and a finger.
(d) An arm and an eye.
15. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
(a) The location of his coachman.
(b) The laws of Paris.
(c) The location of Argan's door.
(d) Argan's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beline refer to Argan's illnesses?
2. Who says, "Dead as mutton"?
3. In Act 3, Scene 13, whom does Toinette say to the new doctor that he will find waiting inside?
4. How is the similarity between the doctor and Toinette explained?
5. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)