|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Argan he must do as Angelique wishes, now that she has proven herself?
2. How long does the new doctor tell Argan to remain resting in his room?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) At least a week.
(c) The better part of a year.
(d) For the remainder of the day.
3. Why does Argan first refuse Cleante's proposal?
(a) Beline does not wish it.
(b) He is too ill to make a decision.
(c) He promised Thomas Diaforus.
(d) He believes Cleante is a music teacher.
4. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
(b) The gypsy's
5. What action does the medical faculty do when entering Argan's room?
(a) They lift Argan up.
(b) They take Argan's pulse.
(c) They circle Argan.
(d) They examine Argan's medicines.
6. In Act 3, Scene 20, why is Angelique most distressed?
(a) That Beline will inherit Argan's fortune.
(b) That Argan died alone.
(c) That Argan died while angry at her.
(d) That Argan died without changing his will.
7. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
8. What country is the setting of the play?
9. Where does Toinette say Argan's dinner is located?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the oven.
(c) At the market.
(d) In his room.
10. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) That she hates Angelique.
(b) Her true feelings towards him.
(c) That she is having an affair.
(d) That she a Duchess.
11. Who reassures Argan that the new doctor's disappearance is nothing to worry about?
(a) Toinette and Thomas Diaforus.
(b) Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
(c) Beralde and Toinette.
(d) Beline and Toinette.
12. In Act 3, Scene 19, whom does Toinette believe may hear something surprising?
13. Who does Beralde send to fetch the faculty?
14. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As a merchant.
(b) As handsome and honest.
(c) As resembling Toinette.
(d) As a lost soul.
15. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
(a) If Toinette would stop crying.
(b) If she married Cleante.
(c) If Beline was disinherited.
(d) If she could bring Argan back to life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
2. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
3. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
4. Whom does Argan fear might die of shock?
5. Who is Beralde's brother?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)