|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
(b) The gypsy's
2. In Act 3, Scene 19, who does Toinette tell to quickly lie down?
3. Who says, "Oh my dear Mistress, such a disaster"?
4. Whom does the new doctor call "the worst doctor in Paris, with two exceptions"?
(a) Mr. Bellafoy
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Purgon.
5. Why does Angelique say she cannot marry Cleante?
(a) She loves Thomas Diaforus.
(b) Because he's only a music teacher.
(c) Because he is poor.
(d) She cannot get her father's consent.
6. How long does the new doctor tell Argan to remain resting in his room?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) At least a week.
(c) The better part of a year.
(d) For the remainder of the day.
7. Once the new doctor leaves, who discusses the resemblance of the doctor to Toinette?
(a) Toinette, Argan and Punchinello.
(b) Toinette, Beralde and Argan.
(c) Beralde, Argan and Beline.
(d) Mr. Purgon, Beline and Beralde.
8. Who calls for Toinette after Beralde hides?
9. Where does Toinette eventually get Argan's glass of water?
(a) From the well.
(b) She does not get him a glass of water.
(c) From his table.
(d) From the kitchen.
10. Before the doctor ceremony, what does Argan look at?
(a) His accounts ledger.
(b) His face in a mirror.
(c) His medicine bottles.
(d) His daughters face.
11. Where does Beralde say the faculty is meeting?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In his home town.
(c) In the house next door.
(d) In the town hospital.
12. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
(a) The location of his coachman.
(b) The laws of Paris.
(c) The location of Argan's door.
(d) Argan's illness.
13. What does Argan wish after Beline leaves the room?
(a) That the doctor was there.
(b) That his first wife was alive.
(c) That he was dead.
(d) That Beline was dead.
14. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
(a) Angelique and Louison.
(b) Angelique and Beline.
(c) Toinette and Angelique.
(d) Louison and Toinette.
15. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
(a) She is afraid Argan is contagious.
(b) She needs to get pen and paper.
(c) The doctor is calling her.
(d) She has work to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Dead as mutton"?
2. The new doctor is the second person to use a disguise in the play. Who is the first?
3. What is the announced profession of the visitor that arrives after Mr. Purgon leaves?
4. What does Argan decide that Angelique must be?
5. Who is hiding when Angelique discovers her father in his chair?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)