|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Don't talk such drivel"?
2. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) Her true feelings towards him.
(b) That she hates Angelique.
(c) That she is having an affair.
(d) That she a Duchess.
3. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
(a) If Beline was disinherited.
(b) If Toinette would stop crying.
(c) If she could bring Argan back to life.
(d) If she married Cleante.
4. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
(a) The doctor is calling her.
(b) She is afraid Argan is contagious.
(c) She needs to get pen and paper.
(d) She has work to do.
5. How old does Argan think the new doctor is?
(a) As old as Toinette.
(b) As old as Angelique.
(c) As old as dirt.
(d) As old as Argan.
6. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
7. Why does Angelique say she cannot marry Cleante?
(a) She loves Thomas Diaforus.
(b) Because he's only a music teacher.
(c) She cannot get her father's consent.
(d) Because he is poor.
8. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will return with the doctor.
(b) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(c) That she will not be rude to him.
(d) That she will find Angelique.
9. Who does not want to be thought a fool?
10. Who says, "I don't like the idea at all"?
11. What does Argan say is "extraordinary" about the new doctor?
(a) The doctors resemblance to Toinette.
(b) His brothers attitude.
(c) The doctors resemblance to Beralde.
(d) The doctors medicine.
12. What language does Beralde say the doctor ceremony will be in?
13. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
(a) Argan's death.
(b) Her true feelings towards Argan.
(c) Argan's medications.
(d) Argan's money.
14. Whom does Argan say "stick together like leeches"?
15. Whom does the new doctor name as the two worst doctors in Paris without exception?
(a) Mr. Diaforus and Thomas Diaforus.
(b) Mr. Purgon and Mr. Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Bonnefoy and Mr. Fleurant.
(d) Mr. Purgon and Mr. Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 20, why is Angelique most distressed?
2. How does Toinette describe Argan to Angelique?
3. When Beline asks "What about him?", to whom is she referring?
4. Who asks the new doctor his age?
5. Who comments on all the mysterious doors in Argan's home?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)