|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the doctor ceremony, what does Argan look at?
(a) His accounts ledger.
(b) His daughters face.
(c) His medicine bottles.
(d) His face in a mirror.
2. Once the new doctor leaves, who discusses the resemblance of the doctor to Toinette?
(a) Toinette, Argan and Punchinello.
(b) Beralde, Argan and Beline.
(c) Mr. Purgon, Beline and Beralde.
(d) Toinette, Beralde and Argan.
3. What does Argan wish after Beline leaves the room?
(a) That the doctor was there.
(b) That his first wife was alive.
(c) That Beline was dead.
(d) That he was dead.
4. How old does Argan think the new doctor is?
(a) As old as Angelique.
(b) As old as dirt.
(c) As old as Argan.
(d) As old as Toinette.
5. How does Toinette describe Argan to Angelique?
(a) As wealthy old codger.
(b) As a poor dear loving father.
(c) As a hypochandriac.
(d) As a foolish old man.
6. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
(a) Argan's money.
(b) Her true feelings towards Argan.
(c) Argan's medications.
(d) Argan's death.
7. To whom does Argan say he wishes Angelique to go to a nunnery?
8. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) That she a Duchess.
(b) Her true feelings towards him.
(c) That she hates Angelique.
(d) That she is having an affair.
9. How does Beline refer to Argan's illnesses?
(a) As worrisome.
(b) As endless.
(c) As necessarry.
(d) As heartbreaking.
10. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
(a) The location of his coachman.
(b) Argan's illness.
(c) The laws of Paris.
(d) The location of Argan's door.
11. In Act 3, Scene 16, whom does Toinette say just arrived home and is coming to the room?
(a) Mr. Purgon
12. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
(a) He was called away.
(b) Argan offended him.
(c) He is lost.
(d) Belarde offended him.
13. Who says, "Don't talk such drivel"?
14. In Act 3, Scene 21, whom does Toinette announce has appeared in the doorway?
15. In Act 3, Scene 17, what does Argan fear is a dangerous activity?
(a) Pretending to be a music teacher.
(b) Pretending to be dead.
(c) Pretending to be healthy.
(d) Pretending to hate Beline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beralde tell Argan is an answer to his prayers?
2. Who says, "When the surgeon comes, send him away."?
3. Whom does Toinette say works a miracle?
4. Where does Toinette eventually get Argan's glass of water?
5. Who tells Argan that he should listen to the new doctor's advice?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)