|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Dead as mutton"?
2. What is the announced profession of the visitor that arrives after Mr. Purgon leaves?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) An apothacary.
(d) A doctor.
3. Who tells Argan he must do as Angelique wishes, now that she has proven herself?
4. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
(a) An ordeal.
(b) A strong imagination.
(c) An inner wisdom.
(d) A substantial payment.
5. Who says they know Argan from "head to toe"?
(a) The new doctor.
(b) Mr. Purgon.
6. Who is Beralde's brother?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
7. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) That she hates Angelique.
(b) Her true feelings towards him.
(c) That she a Duchess.
(d) That she is having an affair.
8. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(b) That she will find Angelique.
(c) That she will return with the doctor.
(d) That she will not be rude to him.
9. Who states that taking pulses is what all doctors do?
(b) The new doctor.
10. What does Argan wish after Beline leaves the room?
(a) That Beline was dead.
(b) That the doctor was there.
(c) That his first wife was alive.
(d) That he was dead.
11. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
12. Who does Beralde send to fetch the faculty?
13. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
(a) To be healthy.
(b) To be a music teacher.
(c) To hate Beline.
(d) To be dead.
14. In Act 3, Scene 13, whom does Toinette say to the new doctor that he will find waiting inside?
(c) Mr. Purgon.
15. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As handsome and honest.
(b) As resembling Toinette.
(c) As a lost soul.
(d) As a merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Don't talk such drivel"?
2. Who says, "Et, quod erat demonstratum"?
3. Who says, "When the surgeon comes, send him away."?
4. Who says, "Oh my dear Mistress, such a disaster"?
5. Who asks the new doctor his age?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)