|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As handsome and honest.
(b) As resembling Toinette.
(c) As a merchant.
(d) As a lost soul.
2. Who says, "Oh my dear Mistress, such a disaster"?
3. Who does not want to be thought a fool?
4. Who says, "When the surgeon comes, send him away."?
5. Who says, "And you have your daughters"?
6. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
7. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
(a) The location of his coachman.
(b) Argan's illness.
(c) The laws of Paris.
(d) The location of Argan's door.
8. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
(a) If Toinette would stop crying.
(b) If she married Cleante.
(c) If Beline was disinherited.
(d) If she could bring Argan back to life.
9. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
(a) As musty.
(b) As dirty.
(c) As rambling.
(d) As old.
10. How long does the new doctor tell Argan to remain resting in his room?
(a) At least a week.
(b) The better part of a year.
(c) For the remainder of the day.
(d) A fortnight.
11. In Act 3, Scene 19, who does Toinette tell to quickly lie down?
12. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
(a) Argan, Beralde and Angelique.
(b) Toinette, Argan and Mr. Purgon.
(c) Argan, Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
(d) Toinette, Argan and Beralde.
13. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
(a) To be a music teacher.
(b) To hate Beline.
(c) To be dead.
(d) To be healthy.
14. Whom does the new doctor call "the worst doctor in Paris, with two exceptions"?
(a) Mr. Bellafoy
(b) Mr. Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Purgon.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
15. Before the doctor ceremony, what does Argan look at?
(a) His face in a mirror.
(b) His medicine bottles.
(c) His accounts ledger.
(d) His daughters face.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
2. In Act 3, Scene 17, what does Argan fear is a dangerous activity?
3. Who tells Argan he must do as Angelique wishes, now that she has proven herself?
4. Who remarks, "It's not a likeness, it's the same face!"?
5. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)