|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Toinette say works a miracle?
(d) Mr. Purgon.
2. Who states that taking pulses is what all doctors do?
(a) The new doctor.
3. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
(a) To hate Beline.
(b) To be dead.
(c) To be healthy.
(d) To be a music teacher.
4. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
5. Who says, "Don't talk such drivel"?
6. What body parts does the new doctor suggest Argan have removed?
(a) An arm and an eye.
(b) A leg and a finger.
(c) An arm and a leg.
(d) An eye and a leg.
7. Who says they know Argan from "head to toe"?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
(d) The new doctor.
8. Whom does the new doctor call "the worst doctor in Paris, with two exceptions"?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
(b) Mr. Purgon.
(c) Mr. Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Bellafoy
9. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
(a) If Toinette would stop crying.
(b) If Beline was disinherited.
(c) If she married Cleante.
(d) If she could bring Argan back to life.
10. How long does the new doctor tell Argan to remain resting in his room?
(a) For the remainder of the day.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) At least a week.
(d) The better part of a year.
11. What is the announced profession of the visitor that arrives after Mr. Purgon leaves?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An apothacary.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A music teacher.
12. Whom does Argan say "stick together like leeches"?
13. Whom does Beline say is caterwauling?
14. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
(b) The gypsy's
15. Through the use of non-verbal communication, what does Toinette try to tell Angelique?
(a) That Cleante is hiding.
(b) That Beralde is hiding.
(c) That Argan is not really dead.
(d) That Beline is in the next room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beralde send to fetch the faculty?
2. Who says, "Dead as mutton"?
3. What is the last line of the play?
4. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
5. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)