|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the doctor ceremony, what does Argan look at?
(a) His accounts ledger.
(b) His face in a mirror.
(c) His daughters face.
(d) His medicine bottles.
2. What body parts does the new doctor suggest Argan have removed?
(a) An arm and a leg.
(b) An arm and an eye.
(c) An eye and a leg.
(d) A leg and a finger.
3. What enrages Beralde even more than Argan's imaginary illnesses?
(a) Argan's flaunting of his wealth.
(b) Toinette's insolence to her master.
(c) The incompetence of doctors.
(d) Argan's blindness towards his wife.
4. How does Beline refer to Argan's illnesses?
(a) As worrisome.
(b) As heartbreaking.
(c) As necessarry.
(d) As endless.
5. What country is the setting of the play?
6. Once the new doctor leaves, who discusses the resemblance of the doctor to Toinette?
(a) Beralde, Argan and Beline.
(b) Toinette, Beralde and Argan.
(c) Mr. Purgon, Beline and Beralde.
(d) Toinette, Argan and Punchinello.
7. Where does Toinette say the new doctor is from?
8. Whom does the new doctor call "the worst doctor in Paris, with two exceptions"?
(a) Mr. Diaforus.
(b) Mr. Purgon.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Bellafoy
9. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
(a) As old.
(b) As rambling.
(c) As musty.
(d) As dirty.
10. What subject does Beralde bring up once the new doctor is gone?
(a) Argan's illness.
(b) The resemblence of the doctor and Toinette.
(d) Angelique's marriage.
11. Who tells Argan that he should listen to the new doctor's advice?
(c) Mr. Purgon.
12. Who says, "I don't like the idea at all"?
13. What is the announced profession of the visitor that arrives after Mr. Purgon leaves?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An apothacary.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) A gypsy.
14. Whom does Toinette say is cold and stark?
15. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
(a) He is lost.
(b) He was called away.
(c) Argan offended him.
(d) Belarde offended him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the new doctor leave to speak to?
2. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
3. What does Argan say is "extraordinary" about the new doctor?
4. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
5. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)