|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
(a) If Toinette would stop crying.
(b) If she married Cleante.
(c) If she could bring Argan back to life.
(d) If Beline was disinherited.
2. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
3. How old does Argan think the new doctor is?
(a) As old as Angelique.
(b) As old as Argan.
(c) As old as dirt.
(d) As old as Toinette.
4. What country is the setting of the play?
5. What character is disguised as a doctor?
6. Argan will agree to let Cleante marry Angelique under what condition?
(a) That Cleante sings him a song.
(b) That Beline approves.
(c) That Cleante pays a substantial dowery.
(d) That Cleante becomes a doctor.
7. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
(a) As old.
(b) As rambling.
(c) As musty.
(d) As dirty.
8. Who says they know Argan from "head to toe"?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
(c) The new doctor.
9. Who is hiding when Angelique discovers her father in his chair?
10. Once the new doctor leaves, who discusses the resemblance of the doctor to Toinette?
(a) Toinette, Argan and Punchinello.
(b) Toinette, Beralde and Argan.
(c) Mr. Purgon, Beline and Beralde.
(d) Beralde, Argan and Beline.
11. Who says, "Dead as mutton"?
12. Who says, "When the surgeon comes, send him away."?
13. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As a lost soul.
(b) As handsome and honest.
(c) As a merchant.
(d) As resembling Toinette.
14. Whom does Toinette say is cold and stark?
15. When Beline asks "What about him?", to whom is she referring?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
(b) Mr. Bonnefoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 19, who does Toinette tell to quickly lie down?
2. What does Argan say is "extraordinary" about the new doctor?
3. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
4. Why does Argan first refuse Cleante's proposal?
5. Who does Beralde send to fetch the faculty?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)