|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
(a) To be dead.
(b) To hate Beline.
(c) To be healthy.
(d) To be a music teacher.
2. What is the announced profession of the visitor that arrives after Mr. Purgon leaves?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) An apothacary.
3. Argan will agree to let Cleante marry Angelique under what condition?
(a) That Beline approves.
(b) That Cleante becomes a doctor.
(c) That Cleante pays a substantial dowery.
(d) That Cleante sings him a song.
4. Where does Toinette say Argan's dinner is located?
(a) In his room.
(b) At the market.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the oven.
5. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
(a) Angelique and Louison.
(b) Louison and Toinette.
(c) Toinette and Angelique.
(d) Angelique and Beline.
6. How long does the new doctor tell Argan to remain resting in his room?
(a) At least a week.
(b) For the remainder of the day.
(c) The better part of a year.
(d) A fortnight.
7. Before the doctor ceremony, what does Argan look at?
(a) His medicine bottles.
(b) His accounts ledger.
(c) His daughters face.
(d) His face in a mirror.
8. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
(a) The doctor is calling her.
(b) She is afraid Argan is contagious.
(c) She has work to do.
(d) She needs to get pen and paper.
9. Who states that taking pulses is what all doctors do?
(a) The new doctor.
10. What does Angelique say is more than she can bear?
(a) Her impending marriage.
(b) Toinette's deception.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) Her step mother's wickedness.
11. Whom does the new doctor leave to speak to?
(a) His apothacary.
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(c) His coachman.
12. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
13. Whom does Toinette say is too young to know if they love or hate?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
14. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
(a) If Toinette would stop crying.
(b) If she could bring Argan back to life.
(c) If Beline was disinherited.
(d) If she married Cleante.
15. Who is hiding when Angelique discovers her father in his chair?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 19, whom does Toinette believe may hear something surprising?
2. Whom does Toinette say works a miracle?
3. Who says, "Et, quod erat demonstratum"?
4. Whom does the new doctor refer to as both charming and pretty?
5. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)