|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) Her true feelings towards him.
(b) That she hates Angelique.
(c) That she is having an affair.
(d) That she a Duchess.
2. How does Toinette describe Argan to Angelique?
(a) As a foolish old man.
(b) As wealthy old codger.
(c) As a hypochandriac.
(d) As a poor dear loving father.
3. Where does Toinette say the new doctor is from?
4. Whom does Argan fear might die of shock?
5. Through the use of non-verbal communication, what does Toinette try to tell Angelique?
(a) That Beline is in the next room.
(b) That Argan is not really dead.
(c) That Cleante is hiding.
(d) That Beralde is hiding.
6. Who is hiding when Angelique discovers her father in his chair?
7. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
(a) She is afraid Argan is contagious.
(b) She needs to get pen and paper.
(c) The doctor is calling her.
(d) She has work to do.
8. Whom does Toinette say is too young to know if they love or hate?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
9. Who says, "Don't talk such drivel"?
10. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
(a) Argan's medications.
(b) Argan's money.
(c) Argan's death.
(d) Her true feelings towards Argan.
11. Once the new doctor leaves, who discusses the resemblance of the doctor to Toinette?
(a) Beralde, Argan and Beline.
(b) Toinette, Argan and Punchinello.
(c) Mr. Purgon, Beline and Beralde.
(d) Toinette, Beralde and Argan.
12. Who says, "And you have your daughters"?
13. How old does Argan think the new doctor is?
(a) As old as Toinette.
(b) As old as Angelique.
(c) As old as dirt.
(d) As old as Argan.
14. The new doctor is the second person to use a disguise in the play. Who is the first?
15. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will find Angelique.
(b) That she will not be rude to him.
(c) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(d) That she will return with the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
2. What character is disguised as a doctor?
3. Whom does Beline say is caterwauling?
4. Why does Angelique say she cannot marry Cleante?
5. Whom does Toinette believe loves Argan with all her heart?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)