Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
(a) Argan has called her.
(b) To begin cleaning the room.
(c) To hand in her resignation.
(d) To deliver a message.
2. Whom does Toinette say works a miracle?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
3. Who says, "Don't talk such drivel"?
4. Argan will agree to let Cleante marry Angelique under what condition?
(a) That Cleante sings him a song.
(b) That Cleante pays a substantial dowery.
(c) That Cleante becomes a doctor.
(d) That Beline approves.
5. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
(a) Argan, Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
(b) Argan, Beralde and Angelique.
(c) Toinette, Argan and Beralde.
(d) Toinette, Argan and Mr. Purgon.
6. What body parts does the new doctor suggest Argan have removed?
(a) An arm and a leg.
(b) A leg and a finger.
(c) An arm and an eye.
(d) An eye and a leg.
7. Through the use of non-verbal communication, what does Toinette try to tell Angelique?
(a) That Beralde is hiding.
(b) That Beline is in the next room.
(c) That Argan is not really dead.
(d) That Cleante is hiding.
8. What country is the setting of the play?
9. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
10. Whom does the new doctor name as the two worst doctors in Paris without exception?
(a) Mr. Purgon and Mr. Diaforus.
(b) Mr. Purgon and Mr. Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Diaforus and Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Bonnefoy and Mr. Fleurant.
11. How is the similarity between the doctor and Toinette explained?
(a) As a figment of Argan's imagination.
(b) As a long lost brother.
(c) As a freak of nature.
(d) It is not explained.
12. To whom does Argan say he wishes Angelique to go to a nunnery?
13. What does Beralde tell Argan is an answer to his prayers?
(a) The new doctor.
(b) His wife.
(c) Such a trusted servant.
(d) Such obedient daughters.
14. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
(a) A strong imagination.
(b) A substantial payment.
(c) An ordeal.
(d) An inner wisdom.
15. Who says, "Et, quod erat demonstratum"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Argan fear might die of shock?
2. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
3. Who does not want to be thought a fool?
4. What does Toinette say that Beline would never do to Argan?
5. Whom does Beline say is caterwauling?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)