|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toinette describe Argan to Angelique?
(a) As a hypochandriac.
(b) As a foolish old man.
(c) As wealthy old codger.
(d) As a poor dear loving father.
2. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
(a) Argan's money.
(b) Her true feelings towards Argan.
(c) Argan's death.
(d) Argan's medications.
3. What does the new doctor tell Toinette he is not certain of?
(a) The location of Argan's door.
(b) The location of his coachman.
(c) The laws of Paris.
(d) Argan's illness.
4. Whom does Argan say "stick together like leeches"?
5. In Act 3, Scene 13, whom does Toinette say to the new doctor that he will find waiting inside?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
6. How does the new doctor refer to Thomas Diaforus?
(a) As a half-wit.
(b) As a worthy son-in-law.
(c) As a handsome man.
(d) As an excellent physician.
7. What does Angelique say would bring happiness to everyone?
(a) If she married Cleante.
(b) If she could bring Argan back to life.
(c) If Beline was disinherited.
(d) If Toinette would stop crying.
8. What enrages Beralde even more than Argan's imaginary illnesses?
(a) Argan's blindness towards his wife.
(b) Argan's flaunting of his wealth.
(c) The incompetence of doctors.
(d) Toinette's insolence to her master.
9. What does Argan say is "extraordinary" about the new doctor?
(a) His brothers attitude.
(b) The doctors resemblance to Beralde.
(c) The doctors medicine.
(d) The doctors resemblance to Toinette.
10. Who says, "Dead as mutton"?
11. Who calls for Toinette after Beralde hides?
12. In Act 3, Scene 16, whom does Toinette say just arrived home and is coming to the room?
(b) Mr. Purgon
13. The new doctor is the second person to use a disguise in the play. Who is the first?
14. How does Toinette describe Argan's house?
(a) As musty.
(b) As dirty.
(c) As old.
(d) As rambling.
15. What language does Beralde say the doctor ceremony will be in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 19, who does Toinette tell to quickly lie down?
2. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
3. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
4. How is the similarity between the doctor and Toinette explained?
5. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)