|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 21, whom does Toinette announce has appeared in the doorway?
2. Who says, "When the surgeon comes, send him away."?
3. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
(a) Toinette and Angelique.
(b) Louison and Toinette.
(c) Angelique and Louison.
(d) Angelique and Beline.
4. Where does Beralde say the faculty is meeting?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In the house next door.
(c) In his home town.
(d) In the town hospital.
5. To whom does Argan say he wishes Angelique to go to a nunnery?
6. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(b) That she will return with the doctor.
(c) That she will find Angelique.
(d) That she will not be rude to him.
7. How is the similarity between the doctor and Toinette explained?
(a) As a long lost brother.
(b) It is not explained.
(c) As a figment of Argan's imagination.
(d) As a freak of nature.
8. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
(a) The doctor is calling her.
(b) She is afraid Argan is contagious.
(c) She has work to do.
(d) She needs to get pen and paper.
9. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As a merchant.
(b) As handsome and honest.
(c) As a lost soul.
(d) As resembling Toinette.
10. How does Beline refer to Argan's illnesses?
(a) As worrisome.
(b) As endless.
(c) As heartbreaking.
(d) As necessarry.
11. What is the last line of the play?
(a) "I give you my daughters hand in marriage."
(b) "I now pronounce you man and wife."
(c) "Et, quod erat demonstratum."
(d) "I must write myself out a prescription."
12. What does Argan decide that Angelique must be?
(a) An old maid.
(b) Married to Thomas Diaforus.
(c) Married within the hour.
(d) A nun.
13. Whom does Toinette say is too young to know if they love or hate?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
14. What does Angelique say is more than she can bear?
(a) Her step mother's wickedness.
(b) Her impending marriage.
(c) Toinette's deception.
(d) Her father's death.
15. Whom does Argan fear might die of shock?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 19, who does Toinette tell to quickly lie down?
2. Who says, "Et, quod erat demonstratum"?
3. Where does Toinette eventually get Argan's glass of water?
4. Where does Toinette say Argan's dinner is located?
5. Who says, "Oh my dear Mistress, such a disaster"?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)