|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the doctor ceremony, what does Argan look at?
(a) His daughters face.
(b) His medicine bottles.
(c) His face in a mirror.
(d) His accounts ledger.
2. What action does the medical faculty do when entering Argan's room?
(a) They take Argan's pulse.
(b) They circle Argan.
(c) They lift Argan up.
(d) They examine Argan's medicines.
3. Whom does Beline say is caterwauling?
4. Whom does Toinette say is cold and stark?
5. In Act 3, Scene 16, whom does Toinette say just arrived home and is coming to the room?
(c) Mr. Purgon
6. How old does Argan think the new doctor is?
(a) As old as Argan.
(b) As old as dirt.
(c) As old as Toinette.
(d) As old as Angelique.
7. Who asks the new doctor his age?
8. Who tells Argan that he should listen to the new doctor's advice?
(d) Mr. Purgon.
9. What body parts does the new doctor suggest Argan have removed?
(a) An eye and a leg.
(b) A leg and a finger.
(c) An arm and an eye.
(d) An arm and a leg.
10. Whom does Toinette say works a miracle?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
11. Whom does the new doctor leave to speak to?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(c) His apothacary.
(d) His coachman.
12. In Act 3, Scene 8, how does Toinette describe the visitor coming to see Argan?
(a) As a lost soul.
(b) As handsome and honest.
(c) As resembling Toinette.
(d) As a merchant.
13. Who says, "And you have your daughters"?
14. Who does not want to be thought a fool?
15. What does Toinette say that Beline would never do to Argan?
(a) Have an affair.
(b) Steal his money.
(c) Lie to him.
(d) Set a trap for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
2. What country is the setting of the play?
3. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
4. Whom does Beline tell to stop making a fuss?
5. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)