|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toinette describe Argan to Angelique?
(a) As a hypochandriac.
(b) As a poor dear loving father.
(c) As a foolish old man.
(d) As wealthy old codger.
2. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
(a) Argan offended him.
(b) Belarde offended him.
(c) He is lost.
(d) He was called away.
3. What three characters discuss the arrival of the new doctor?
(a) Toinette, Argan and Beralde.
(b) Argan, Beralde and Angelique.
(c) Argan, Mr. Purgon and Beralde.
(d) Toinette, Argan and Mr. Purgon.
4. In Act 3, Scene 12, what does Toinette promise Argan before she leaves the room?
(a) That she will bring him a glass of water.
(b) That she will find Angelique.
(c) That she will not be rude to him.
(d) That she will return with the doctor.
5. Who does not want to be thought a fool?
6. What language does Beralde say the doctor ceremony will be in?
7. Who is hiding when Angelique discovers her father in his chair?
8. While waiting for the new doctor to return, which of Argan's daughters is not present?
(a) Louison and Toinette.
(b) Angelique and Beline.
(c) Angelique and Louison.
(d) Toinette and Angelique.
9. What country is the setting of the play?
10. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
(a) Argan's death.
(b) Argan's money.
(c) Argan's medications.
(d) Her true feelings towards Argan.
11. Where does Toinette say the new doctor is from?
12. Where does Toinette say Argan's dinner is located?
(a) At the market.
(b) In his room.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the oven.
13. In Act 3, Scene 13, whom does Toinette say to the new doctor that he will find waiting inside?
(a) Mr. Purgon.
14. In Act 3, Scene 16, whom does Toinette say just arrived home and is coming to the room?
(a) Mr. Purgon
15. Who says "I came to find you, sir. I thought you might be lost"?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is disguised as a doctor?
2. Who tells Argan he must do as Angelique wishes, now that she has proven herself?
3. In Act 3, Scene 19, whom does Toinette believe may hear something surprising?
4. Once the new doctor leaves, who discusses the resemblance of the doctor to Toinette?
5. What enrages Beralde even more than Argan's imaginary illnesses?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)