|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Argan glad to have learned about Beline?
(a) That she a Duchess.
(b) That she hates Angelique.
(c) That she is having an affair.
(d) Her true feelings towards him.
2. To whom does Argan say he wishes Angelique to go to a nunnery?
3. In Act 3, Scene 20, why is Angelique most distressed?
(a) That Argan died while angry at her.
(b) That Beline will inherit Argan's fortune.
(c) That Argan died without changing his will.
(d) That Argan died alone.
4. How does Toinette describe Argan to Angelique?
(a) As wealthy old codger.
(b) As a foolish old man.
(c) As a poor dear loving father.
(d) As a hypochandriac.
5. In Act 3, Scene 12, what reason does Toinette give for needing to leave the room?
(a) She is afraid Argan is contagious.
(b) She needs to get pen and paper.
(c) She has work to do.
(d) The doctor is calling her.
6. What enrages Beralde even more than Argan's imaginary illnesses?
(a) Toinette's insolence to her master.
(b) Argan's blindness towards his wife.
(c) Argan's flaunting of his wealth.
(d) The incompetence of doctors.
7. Why does Argan first refuse Cleante's proposal?
(a) Beline does not wish it.
(b) He promised Thomas Diaforus.
(c) He believes Cleante is a music teacher.
(d) He is too ill to make a decision.
8. Who says, "When the surgeon comes, send him away."?
9. Where does Toinette say the new doctor is from?
10. In Act 3, Scene 19, who does Toinette tell to quickly lie down?
11. Where does Beralde say the faculty is meeting?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In his home town.
(c) In the house next door.
(d) In the town hospital.
12. What is the last line of the play?
(a) "I now pronounce you man and wife."
(b) "I give you my daughters hand in marriage."
(c) "I must write myself out a prescription."
(d) "Et, quod erat demonstratum."
13. Where does Toinette say Argan's dinner is located?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) At the market.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the oven.
14. What new profession does Beralde suggest for Argan?
15. Whom does the new doctor leave to speak to?
(a) His apothacary.
(b) His coachman.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Don't talk such drivel"?
2. What body parts does the new doctor suggest Argan have removed?
3. What action does the medical faculty do when entering Argan's room?
4. What character is disguised as a doctor?
5. Who says they know Argan from "head to toe"?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)