|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Argan say he wishes Angelique to go to a nunnery?
2. Argan will agree to let Cleante marry Angelique under what condition?
(a) That Beline approves.
(b) That Cleante pays a substantial dowery.
(c) That Cleante sings him a song.
(d) That Cleante becomes a doctor.
3. What subject does Beralde bring up once the new doctor is gone?
(b) Angelique's marriage.
(c) Argan's illness.
(d) The resemblence of the doctor and Toinette.
4. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
(a) To hate Beline.
(b) To be a music teacher.
(c) To be healthy.
(d) To be dead.
5. Whom does the new doctor name as the two worst doctors in Paris without exception?
(a) Mr. Bonnefoy and Mr. Fleurant.
(b) Mr. Diaforus and Thomas Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Purgon and Mr. Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Purgon and Mr. Diaforus.
6. Who states that taking pulses is what all doctors do?
(c) The new doctor.
7. Why does Toinette say the new doctor has not returned?
(a) Belarde offended him.
(b) He is lost.
(c) He was called away.
(d) Argan offended him.
8. What does Toinette say that Beline would never do to Argan?
(a) Lie to him.
(b) Have an affair.
(c) Set a trap for him.
(d) Steal his money.
9. What language does Beralde say the doctor ceremony will be in?
10. What does Beralde believe all achievements require?
(a) An ordeal.
(b) An inner wisdom.
(c) A substantial payment.
(d) A strong imagination.
11. Where does Toinette say the new doctor is from?
12. Whom does Beline say is caterwauling?
13. Whom does Toinette say are "like two sweethearts"?
(a) Angelique and Cleante.
(b) Argan and Beline.
(c) Mr. Bellafoy and Beline.
(d) Mr. Diaforus and Thomas Diaforus.
14. After the new doctor leaves, why does Toinette say she returns?
(a) To hand in her resignation.
(b) Argan has called her.
(c) To begin cleaning the room.
(d) To deliver a message.
15. Where does Beralde say the faculty is meeting?
(a) In the house next door.
(b) In the town hospital.
(c) In his home town.
(d) In Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beralde tell Argan is an answer to his prayers?
2. Who reassures Argan that the new doctor's disappearance is nothing to worry about?
3. What does Beline ask Toinette to help her conceal?
4. In Act 3, Scene 13, whom does Toinette say to the new doctor that he will find waiting inside?
5. In Act 3, Scene 17, what does Argan fear is a dangerous activity?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)