|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is a guest.
(d) He is speaking Latin.
2. Why doesn't Argan notice his daughters reaction to seeing her music teacher?
(a) He is not in the room.
(b) He is distracted by someone at the door.
(c) Angelique does not react.
(d) He is looking out the window.
3. How are the gypsy's dressed that accompany Beralde?
(a) In rags.
(b) As acrobats.
(c) In Moorish clothes.
(d) As noblemen.
4. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
(a) Argan's doctor.
(b) The music teacher.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son.
5. Whom does Toinette say will be put in a convent?
6. Why does Argan ask God to forgive him?
(a) For being weak.
(b) For making too much money.
(c) For causing his daughter's death.
(d) For causing Beline's distress.
7. What does Argan do after hearing the gypsy song?
(a) He insults his brother.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He pays them for their service.
(d) He bursts into tears.
8. Who questions Beline's reasons for threatening Angelique?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
9. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
10. Who states that Angelique's music master is called out of Paris?
11. Act 2, Scene 3, what does Toinette say to Argan about his health?
(a) That he is not contagious.
(b) That he will soon be dead.
(c) That he is very ill and looks it.
(d) That he is looking well.
12. Who remarks to Argan, "And you're not even ill"?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
13. Who masquerades as a music teacher?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
14. In Act 2, Scene 1, why does Cleante come to Argan's home?
(a) To talk to Angelique.
(b) To examine Argan.
(c) To talk to Beline.
(d) To steal Argan's money.
15. What does Mr. Purgon instructed Argan to eat?
(a) Roasted meat.
(c) Boiled meat.
(d) Cakes and pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Argan trying to remember when he is counting?
2. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
3. Who is Argan calling for when he shouts "Come quick. I'm dying!"?
4. Whom does Toinette thank for creating Thomas Diaforus?
5. When Argan says "Oh, Thank God for you", who is he speaking of?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)