|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beralde ask Argan to do in front of the apothecary?
(a) To put off taking the apothacary's potion.
(b) To loan him a sum of money.
(c) To leave the room.
(d) To allow his daughter to marry for love.
2. Why does Beralde call Argan a fool?
(a) For putting up with Toinette's insolence.
(b) For hiding money in his rooms.
(c) For marrying Angelique to an idiot.
(d) For believing the obvious lies of Mr. Purgon.
3. In Act 1, Scene 11, who startles Toinette by appearing at Argan's house unexpectedly?
4. When Argan says "Oh, Thank God for you", who is he speaking of?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
5. Why is Argan angry with his brother?
(a) For asking for money.
(b) For dismissing the apothacary.
(c) For being younger.
(d) For interfering in his daughter's marriage.
6. What is Mr. Bonnefoy's profession?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) An apothacary.
(d) A lawyer.
7. Who is the speech that Thomas Diaforus mistakenly delivers to Angelique actually intended for?
8. Why is Cleante invited to meet Angelique's fiance?
(a) Music may be needed for the wedding.
(b) He is not invited.
(c) To play him a song.
(d) Because it is the polite thing to do.
9. Who initially thinks Angelique's arranged marriage is the wisest thing Argan's ever done?
(b) Mr. Fleurant.
10. Who is Argan calling for when he shouts "Come quick. I'm dying!"?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
11. Toinette tries unsuccessfully to convince Argan of what in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Angelique's music lesson must be done in private.
(b) That Angelique should marry for love.
(c) That he is not really ill.
(d) That Beline has a lover.
12. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
(d) Mr. Fleurant.
13. Who is the person pretending to have an ankle injury?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
14. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
(a) A notary.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) An apothecary.
15. Who would rather die than leave Angelique to herself?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Louison say was in Angelique's room?
2. Who is Mr. Diaforus?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who leaves the room saying "Back in a minute"?
4. Who states that Angelique's music master is called out of Paris?
5. What is Angelique's younger sisters name?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)