|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters speak of Angelique's "ordained" meeting?
(a) Beline and Cleante.
(b) Angelique and Cleante.
(c) Angelique and Toinette.
(d) Toinette and Beline.
2. Whom does Argan ask to draw up a marriage contract?
(a) Mr. Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Bonnefoy.
3. How are the gypsy's dressed that accompany Beralde?
(a) As noblemen.
(b) As acrobats.
(c) In Moorish clothes.
(d) In rags.
4. Whom does Louison say was in Angelique's room?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) The music teacher.
5. Who is the speech that Thomas Diaforus mistakenly delivers to Angelique actually intended for?
6. Whom does Toinette thank for creating Thomas Diaforus?
(a) Good fortune.
(b) His father.
(d) French society.
7. In Act 3, Scene 2, what does Beralde make Argan promise?
(a) That he will not get excited.
(b) That he will see the doctor.
(c) Theat he will pay the gypsy's.
(d) That he will take his prescriptions.
8. Who states that Angelique's music master is called out of Paris?
9. Why does Argan ask God to forgive him?
(a) For making too much money.
(b) For causing his daughter's death.
(c) For being weak.
(d) For causing Beline's distress.
10. Act 2, Scene 3, what does Toinette say to Argan about his health?
(a) That he is not contagious.
(b) That he is looking well.
(c) That he will soon be dead.
(d) That he is very ill and looks it.
11. What is Angelique's younger sisters name?
12. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is speaking Latin.
(c) He is a guest.
(d) He is a man.
13. Who is the person pretending to have an ankle injury?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
14. Who is told to wait with Angelique for an announcement?
(a) Louison .
15. Who tells Argan he is "the picture of health"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beline say she cannot live without?
2. What profession does Argan believe is best for a future son-in-law?
3. What is Mr. Bonnefoy's profession?
4. What does Argan tell Angelique she cannot do until the wedding ceremony?
5. What does Beline say she must do before leaving for town?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)