|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Argan think of the gypsy song?
(a) He has no opinion.
(b) He thinks it is simple.
(c) He likes it very much.
(d) He dislikes it very much.
2. Why is Cleante invited to meet Angelique's fiance?
(a) To play him a song.
(b) Because it is the polite thing to do.
(c) Music may be needed for the wedding.
(d) He is not invited.
3. How does Beralde believe that Angelique's husband should be chosen?
(a) By her fathers decision.
(b) By a singing contest.
(c) By mutually agreed match.
(d) By Beline's decision.
4. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
(a) By agreeing with Argan.
(b) By helping Angelique escape.
(c) By advocating Cleante's virtues.
(d) By exposing Thomas Diaforus faults.
5. Toinette tries unsuccessfully to convince Argan of what in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Angelique's music lesson must be done in private.
(b) That Angelique should marry for love.
(c) That Beline has a lover.
(d) That he is not really ill.
6. How does Mr. Fleurant express his anger towards Beralde?
(a) By striking him.
(b) By threatening to tell Mr. Purgon.
(c) By threatening to tell Beline.
(d) By remaining silent.
7. What does Mr. Purgon instructed Argan to eat?
(a) Roasted meat.
(c) Cakes and pies.
(d) Boiled meat.
8. What is the name of the person that beats Louison?
9. What body part does Mr. Diaforus believe that Argan's illness stems from?
(a) His spleen.
(b) His liver.
(c) His heart.
(d) His stomach.
10. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
11. Who suggests to Toinette that Argan get a new doctor?
12. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is a man.
(b) He is speaking Latin.
(c) He is a guest.
(d) He is a doctor.
13. What is Angelique's younger sisters name?
14. Why doesn't Argan notice his daughters reaction to seeing her music teacher?
(a) He is not in the room.
(b) He is distracted by someone at the door.
(c) Angelique does not react.
(d) He is looking out the window.
15. How do Thomas and Mr. Diaforus determine Argan's illness?
(a) They take his temperature.
(b) They examine his fingers.
(c) They listen to his heart.
(d) They take his pulse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Argan ask to draw up a marriage contract?
2. Which character wears a nightcap?
3. Who is the speech that Thomas Diaforus mistakenly delivers to Angelique actually intended for?
4. In Act Three, Scene Six, what warning does Mr. Purgon issue to Argan regarding his health?
5. Who does Beline bring to Argan's house?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)