|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 11, who startles Toinette by appearing at Argan's house unexpectedly?
2. Act 2, Scene 3, what does Toinette say to Argan about his health?
(a) That he is looking well.
(b) That he is not contagious.
(c) That he is very ill and looks it.
(d) That he will soon be dead.
3. What does Thomas Diaforus call Argan?
(a) A sick old man.
(b) His new father.
(c) An esteemed gentleman.
(d) My good sir.
4. What does Argan tell Angelique she cannot do until the wedding ceremony?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Have a music lesson.
(c) Speak to him.
(d) Speak to Toinette.
5. Who accuses Toinette of upsetting her master?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
(b) Mr. Fleurant.
6. Who is Mr. Diaforus?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Argan's mistress.
(c) The music teacher.
(d) Beline's lover.
7. What is Beline's relation to Angelique?
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, why does Cleante come to Argan's home?
(a) To examine Argan.
(b) To talk to Angelique.
(c) To steal Argan's money.
(d) To talk to Beline.
9. Who remarks to Argan, "And you're not even ill"?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
10. Who is Argan calling for when he shouts "Come quick. I'm dying!"?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Fleurant.
11. Who is told to wait with Angelique for an announcement?
(b) Louison .
12. Why does Beralde call Argan a fool?
(a) For believing the obvious lies of Mr. Purgon.
(b) For hiding money in his rooms.
(c) For marrying Angelique to an idiot.
(d) For putting up with Toinette's insolence.
13. How many francs does Argan have hidden in his room?
14. Why does Argan ask God to forgive him?
(a) For causing Beline's distress.
(b) For making too much money.
(c) For being weak.
(d) For causing his daughter's death.
15. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is speaking Latin.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a guest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Angelique that Beline is conspiring against her?
2. What does Beline say she cannot live without?
3. How does Beralde believe that Angelique's husband should be chosen?
4. What is Angelique's younger sisters name?
5. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)