|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Argan calling for when he shouts "Come quick. I'm dying!"?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Fleurant.
2. Why is Argan angry with his brother?
(a) For being younger.
(b) For dismissing the apothacary.
(c) For asking for money.
(d) For interfering in his daughter's marriage.
3. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(a) During the winter solstice.
(c) In a month's time.
(d) In a week.
4. Who masquerades as a music teacher?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
5. To whom does Argan wish his fortune to go to upon his death?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His servant.
6. In Act Three, Scene Six, what warning does Mr. Purgon issue to Argan regarding his health?
(a) That Beline is after his money.
(b) That he will sue Argan for damages.
(c) That Argan's brother is after his money.
(d) That Argan will die without his prescriptions.
7. Who is the person pretending to have an ankle injury?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
8. What does Thomas Diaforus call Argan?
(a) His new father.
(b) My good sir.
(c) An esteemed gentleman.
(d) A sick old man.
9. What does Mr. Purgon instructed Argan to eat?
(b) Cakes and pies.
(c) Boiled meat.
(d) Roasted meat.
10. Why does Argan ask God to forgive him?
(a) For causing Beline's distress.
(b) For making too much money.
(c) For being weak.
(d) For causing his daughter's death.
11. Why does Beralde call Argan a fool?
(a) For believing the obvious lies of Mr. Purgon.
(b) For marrying Angelique to an idiot.
(c) For putting up with Toinette's insolence.
(d) For hiding money in his rooms.
12. Whom does Argan ask to draw up a marriage contract?
(b) Mr. Bonnefoy.
(d) Mr. Diaforus.
13. In Act 1, Scene 3, who leaves the room saying "Back in a minute"?
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
14. Who suggests to Toinette that Argan get a new doctor?
15. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mr. Purgon and Mr. Fleurant?
2. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
3. Why does Argan's brother say he has come to see him?
4. How does Argan describe his reasons for arranging Angelique's marriage?
5. Which two characters speak of Angelique's "ordained" meeting?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)