|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, why does Cleante come to Argan's home?
(a) To examine Argan.
(b) To talk to Angelique.
(c) To steal Argan's money.
(d) To talk to Beline.
2. Why is Cleante invited to meet Angelique's fiance?
(a) He is not invited.
(b) Because it is the polite thing to do.
(c) Music may be needed for the wedding.
(d) To play him a song.
3. How does Argan describe his reasons for arranging Angelique's marriage?
(a) As whimsical.
(b) As necessary.
(c) As Beline's idea.
(d) As sensible.
4. To whom does Argan promise Angelique's hand in marriage?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
5. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is a guest.
(b) He is speaking Latin.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a man.
6. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
7. What does Beralde ask Argan to do in front of the apothecary?
(a) To put off taking the apothacary's potion.
(b) To allow his daughter to marry for love.
(c) To leave the room.
(d) To loan him a sum of money.
8. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
(a) A notary.
(b) A music teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An apothecary.
9. What does Mr. Purgon instructed Argan to eat?
(a) Cakes and pies.
(b) Boiled meat.
(c) Roasted meat.
10. How does Mr. Fleurant express his anger towards Beralde?
(a) By remaining silent.
(b) By threatening to tell Mr. Purgon.
(c) By threatening to tell Beline.
(d) By striking him.
11. Act 2, Scene 3, what does Toinette say to Argan about his health?
(a) That he is not contagious.
(b) That he is very ill and looks it.
(c) That he will soon be dead.
(d) That he is looking well.
12. What is the name of the person that beats Louison?
13. Why does Argan say he arranged for Angelique's marriage?
(a) To please Beline.
(b) Because their mother is dead.
(c) To get a son-in-law useful to himself.
(d) Because it increases his wealth.
14. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
(a) They they are imaginary.
(b) That he will have the same illness.
(c) That they will infect Argan's household.
(d) That they soon will kill Argan.
15. Who accuses Toinette of upsetting her master?
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Argan he is "the picture of health"?
2. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
3. What does Thomas Diaforus call Argan?
4. Who is Mr. Purgon's nephew?
5. How does Beralde believe that Angelique's husband should be chosen?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)