|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states that Angelique's music master is called out of Paris?
2. Who is the person taking many prescriptions?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
3. Who would rather die than leave Angelique to herself?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
4. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
(a) His son.
(b) Argan's doctor.
(c) His daughter.
(d) The music teacher.
5. Who is the speech that Thomas Diaforus mistakenly delivers to Angelique actually intended for?
6. Why is Argan angry with his brother?
(a) For being younger.
(b) For dismissing the apothacary.
(c) For asking for money.
(d) For interfering in his daughter's marriage.
7. What does Beline say she cannot live without?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her step children.
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, who leaves the room saying "Back in a minute"?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
9. Who agrees that Angelique finds a good match?
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
10. Whom does Louison say was in Angelique's room?
(a) The music teacher.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
11. What does Mr. Purgon instructed Argan to eat?
(a) Roasted meat.
(c) Cakes and pies.
(d) Boiled meat.
12. What does Argan tell Angelique she cannot do until the wedding ceremony?
(a) Speak to him.
(b) Speak to Toinette.
(c) Have a music lesson.
(d) Leave the house.
13. What body part does Mr. Diaforus believe that Argan's illness stems from?
(a) His liver.
(b) His spleen.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His heart.
14. What does Beline say she must do before leaving for town?
(a) Tell Argan what she has seen.
(b) Change her clothes.
(c) Call for a taxi.
(d) Speak to Toinette.
15. Whom does Toinette say will be put in a convent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mr. Purgon and Mr. Fleurant?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, whom does Toinette tell to get out of the house?
3. Who is Mr. Diaforus?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, what does Beralde make Argan promise?
5. Who does Beline bring to Argan's house?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)