|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
(a) By agreeing with Argan.
(b) By helping Angelique escape.
(c) By exposing Thomas Diaforus faults.
(d) By advocating Cleante's virtues.
2. What profession does Argan believe is best for a future son-in-law?
3. Who masquerades as a music teacher?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
4. Whom does Toinette say will be put in a convent?
5. Who states that Angelique's music master is called out of Paris?
6. What does Argan think of the gypsy song?
(a) He has no opinion.
(b) He likes it very much.
(c) He dislikes it very much.
(d) He thinks it is simple.
7. Who is Mr. Purgon's nephew?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
8. Why is Cleante invited to meet Angelique's fiance?
(a) He is not invited.
(b) Because it is the polite thing to do.
(c) To play him a song.
(d) Music may be needed for the wedding.
9. Toinette tries unsuccessfully to convince Argan of what in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Angelique's music lesson must be done in private.
(b) That he is not really ill.
(c) That Beline has a lover.
(d) That Angelique should marry for love.
10. In Act 3, Scene 2, what does Beralde make Argan promise?
(a) That he will see the doctor.
(b) Theat he will pay the gypsy's.
(c) That he will not get excited.
(d) That he will take his prescriptions.
11. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is a guest.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is speaking Latin.
(d) He is a man.
12. What does Beline say she cannot live without?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her step children.
13. In Act 2, Scene 1, whom does Toinette tell to get out of the house?
14. Who is the speech that Thomas Diaforus mistakenly delivers to Angelique actually intended for?
15. What does Argan tell Angelique she cannot do until the wedding ceremony?
(a) Speak to him.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Speak to Toinette.
(d) Have a music lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
2. Who is heard singing off stage after Argan gives his ultimatum about the impending marriage?
3. What does Argan do after hearing the gypsy song?
4. In Act 1, Scene 11, who startles Toinette by appearing at Argan's house unexpectedly?
5. To whom does Argan promise Angelique's hand in marriage?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)