|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
(a) By exposing Thomas Diaforus faults.
(b) By helping Angelique escape.
(c) By advocating Cleante's virtues.
(d) By agreeing with Argan.
2. What does Beline say she cannot live without?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her step children.
(d) Her lover.
3. What is Argan trying to remember when he is counting?
(a) His doctors instructions.
(b) Where he hid his money.
(c) Who is the king of France.
(d) His daughters names.
4. How many francs does Argan have hidden in his room?
5. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
(a) That he will have the same illness.
(b) That they will infect Argan's household.
(c) That they soon will kill Argan.
(d) They they are imaginary.
6. Who states that Angelique's music master is called out of Paris?
7. How does Beralde believe that Angelique's husband should be chosen?
(a) By Beline's decision.
(b) By a singing contest.
(c) By her fathers decision.
(d) By mutually agreed match.
8. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
(d) Mr. Fleurant.
9. Who is told to wait with Angelique for an announcement?
(d) Louison .
10. The operetta performed is the story of what two people?
(a) An ugly duckling.
(b) A shepard and shepardess.
(c) A doctor and patient.
(d) A master and servant.
11. What is Angelique's younger sisters name?
12. What is Beline's relation to Angelique?
13. What does Thomas Diaforus call Argan?
(a) An esteemed gentleman.
(b) His new father.
(c) My good sir.
(d) A sick old man.
14. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
15. Why is Argan angry with his brother?
(a) For dismissing the apothacary.
(b) For being younger.
(c) For interfering in his daughter's marriage.
(d) For asking for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Argan believe is best for a future son-in-law?
2. This person arrives before Toinette can leave to find them.
3. What kind of mixture does Mr. Purgon say he prepared for Argan?
4. Who tells Angelique that Beline is conspiring against her?
5. In Act Three, Scene Six, what warning does Mr. Purgon issue to Argan regarding his health?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)