|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Argan wish his fortune to go to upon his death?
(a) His children.
(b) His servant.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His wife.
2. What is the relationship between Mr. Purgon and Mr. Fleurant?
(a) Mr. Purgon is Mr. Fleurant's uncle.
(b) Mr. Fluerant is Mr. Purgon's uncle.
(c) Mr. Purgon is Mr. Fleurant's assistant.
(d) Mr. Fluerant is Mr. Purgon's assistant.
3. After Louison exits who visits Argan?
(b) Mr. Diaforus.
4. What profession does Argan believe is best for a future son-in-law?
5. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
6. Who is Mr. Purgon's nephew?
(b) Mr. Fleurant.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
7. What relationship does Mr. Purgon accuse Beralde of interfering in?
(a) The physician-patient relationship.
(b) The notary-client relationship.
(c) The father-daughter relationship.
(d) The brother-brother relationship.
8. Who accuses Toinette of upsetting her master?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
9. Whom does Toinette say will be put in a convent?
10. Who is the person pretending to have an ankle injury?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
11. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
(a) By helping Angelique escape.
(b) By exposing Thomas Diaforus faults.
(c) By advocating Cleante's virtues.
(d) By agreeing with Argan.
12. Why does Argan's brother say he has come to see him?
(a) To present a match for Angelique.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To give him money.
(d) To ask his advice.
13. What profession does Argan believe is a good idea for Louison's husband?
(a) An apothacary.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A notary.
(d) A music teacher.
14. How does Mr. Fleurant express his anger towards Beralde?
(a) By threatening to tell Mr. Purgon.
(b) By striking him.
(c) By remaining silent.
(d) By threatening to tell Beline.
15. Why does Argan ask God to forgive him?
(a) For causing his daughter's death.
(b) For making too much money.
(c) For being weak.
(d) For causing Beline's distress.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
2. How do Thomas and Mr. Diaforus determine Argan's illness?
3. What is Argan trying to remember when he is counting?
4. How many francs does Argan have hidden in his room?
5. Whom does Toinette thank for creating Thomas Diaforus?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)