|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person that beats Louison?
2. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
(a) That they will infect Argan's household.
(b) That he will have the same illness.
(c) That they soon will kill Argan.
(d) They they are imaginary.
3. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
4. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(a) During the winter solstice.
(b) In a week.
(c) In a month's time.
5. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
6. Who agrees that Angelique finds a good match?
(b) Mr. Fleurant.
7. In Act 1, Scene 10, who does Beline accuse of listening at the door?
8. Who suggests to Toinette that Argan get a new doctor?
9. Which character wears a nightcap?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
10. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
11. The operetta performed is the story of what two people?
(a) A shepard and shepardess.
(b) A doctor and patient.
(c) A master and servant.
(d) An ugly duckling.
12. What is Argan trying to remember when he is counting?
(a) Who is the king of France.
(b) Where he hid his money.
(c) His doctors instructions.
(d) His daughters names.
13. Who does Beline bring to Argan's house?
(a) Mr. Purgon.
(b) Mr. Bonnefoy.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
14. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
(a) A music teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A notary.
(d) An apothecary.
15. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Argan's doctor.
(c) The music teacher.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would rather die than leave Angelique to herself?
2. This person has something important to tell Angelique toward the beginning of the play.
3. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
4. What does Argan tell Angelique she cannot do until the wedding ceremony?
5. What does Beline say she cannot live without?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)