|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Argan promise Angelique's hand in marriage?
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
2. What profession does Argan believe is best for a future son-in-law?
3. Whom does Toinette see talking to themselves?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
4. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
5. In Act 1, Scene 11, who startles Toinette by appearing at Argan's house unexpectedly?
6. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(a) During the winter solstice.
(c) In a month's time.
(d) In a week.
7. Who remarks to Argan, "And you're not even ill"?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
8. Who is told to wait with Angelique for an announcement?
(b) Louison .
9. What profession does Argan believe is a good idea for Louison's husband?
(a) A music teacher.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A notary.
(d) An apothacary.
10. Which character wears a nightcap?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
11. How do Thomas and Mr. Diaforus determine Argan's illness?
(a) They take his pulse.
(b) They take his temperature.
(c) They examine his fingers.
(d) They listen to his heart.
12. What is Beline's relation to Angelique?
13. What does Beralde ask Argan to do in front of the apothecary?
(a) To allow his daughter to marry for love.
(b) To leave the room.
(c) To put off taking the apothacary's potion.
(d) To loan him a sum of money.
14. How are the gypsy's dressed that accompany Beralde?
(a) As acrobats.
(b) In rags.
(c) In Moorish clothes.
(d) As noblemen.
15. What does Mr. Purgon instructed Argan to eat?
(b) Cakes and pies.
(c) Roasted meat.
(d) Boiled meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Bonnefoy's profession?
2. Who masquerades as a music teacher?
3. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
4. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
5. In Act 1, Scene 10, who does Beline accuse of listening at the door?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)