|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Angelique's younger sisters name?
2. What does Beline say she cannot live without?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her step children.
3. After Louison exits who visits Argan?
(a) Mr. Diaforus.
4. How many francs does Argan have hidden in his room?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, who leaves the room saying "Back in a minute"?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
6. Who tells Angelique that Beline is conspiring against her?
(a) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. de Bonnefoi.
7. Act 2, Scene 3, what does Toinette say to Argan about his health?
(a) That he will soon be dead.
(b) That he is very ill and looks it.
(c) That he is not contagious.
(d) That he is looking well.
8. To whom does Argan promise Angelique's hand in marriage?
(b) Thomas Diaforus.
(d) Mr. Fleurant.
9. In Act 2, Scene 1, whom does Toinette tell to get out of the house?
10. What does Beralde ask Argan to do in front of the apothecary?
(a) To put off taking the apothacary's potion.
(b) To leave the room.
(c) To loan him a sum of money.
(d) To allow his daughter to marry for love.
11. Who is Mr. Purgon's nephew?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
12. What is Beline's relation to Angelique?
13. Who is Mr. Diaforus?
(a) Argan's mistress.
(b) The music teacher.
(c) Beline's lover.
(d) A doctor.
14. How does Argan describe his reasons for arranging Angelique's marriage?
(a) As sensible.
(b) As necessary.
(c) As whimsical.
(d) As Beline's idea.
15. Who is told to wait with Angelique for an announcement?
(d) Louison .
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Argan he is "the picture of health"?
2. This person arrives before Toinette can leave to find them.
3. Instead of telling Argan what she saw, what does his youngest daughter offer to do instead?
4. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
5. How are the gypsy's dressed that accompany Beralde?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)