|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Argan he is "the picture of health"?
2. In Act Three, Scene Six, what warning does Mr. Purgon issue to Argan regarding his health?
(a) That he will sue Argan for damages.
(b) That Argan's brother is after his money.
(c) That Argan will die without his prescriptions.
(d) That Beline is after his money.
3. What is Mr. Bonnefoy's profession?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An apothacary.
(d) A music teacher.
4. Whom does Toinette say will be put in a convent?
5. Which two characters speak of Angelique's "ordained" meeting?
(a) Toinette and Beline.
(b) Angelique and Toinette.
(c) Beline and Cleante.
(d) Angelique and Cleante.
6. In Act 3, Scene 2, what does Beralde make Argan promise?
(a) That he will take his prescriptions.
(b) Theat he will pay the gypsy's.
(c) That he will not get excited.
(d) That he will see the doctor.
7. This person has something important to tell Angelique toward the beginning of the play.
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
8. In Act 1, Scene 11, who startles Toinette by appearing at Argan's house unexpectedly?
9. Why does Argan say he arranged for Angelique's marriage?
(a) To please Beline.
(b) To get a son-in-law useful to himself.
(c) Because it increases his wealth.
(d) Because their mother is dead.
10. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
(a) By agreeing with Argan.
(b) By exposing Thomas Diaforus faults.
(c) By helping Angelique escape.
(d) By advocating Cleante's virtues.
11. What does Beline say she must do before leaving for town?
(a) Tell Argan what she has seen.
(b) Change her clothes.
(c) Call for a taxi.
(d) Speak to Toinette.
12. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
13. This person arrives before Toinette can leave to find them.
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
14. Who questions Beline's reasons for threatening Angelique?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
15. Toinette tries unsuccessfully to convince Argan of what in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Angelique's music lesson must be done in private.
(b) That Angelique should marry for love.
(c) That Beline has a lover.
(d) That he is not really ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told to wait with Angelique for an announcement?
2. Why doesn't Argan notice his daughters reaction to seeing her music teacher?
3. How does Beralde believe that Angelique's husband should be chosen?
4. Who is Argan calling for when he shouts "Come quick. I'm dying!"?
5. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)