|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Argan ask God to forgive him?
(a) For making too much money.
(b) For causing Beline's distress.
(c) For causing his daughter's death.
(d) For being weak.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, why does Cleante come to Argan's home?
(a) To talk to Angelique.
(b) To examine Argan.
(c) To talk to Beline.
(d) To steal Argan's money.
3. Which character wears a nightcap?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
4. How do Thomas and Mr. Diaforus determine Argan's illness?
(a) They take his pulse.
(b) They take his temperature.
(c) They examine his fingers.
(d) They listen to his heart.
5. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
(a) An apothecary.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) A notary.
6. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is speaking Latin.
(b) He is a guest.
(c) He is a man.
(d) He is a doctor.
7. What does Mr. Purgon instructed Argan to eat?
(a) Cakes and pies.
(c) Roasted meat.
(d) Boiled meat.
8. What does Beralde ask Argan to do in front of the apothecary?
(a) To loan him a sum of money.
(b) To allow his daughter to marry for love.
(c) To leave the room.
(d) To put off taking the apothacary's potion.
9. Which two characters speak of Angelique's "ordained" meeting?
(a) Toinette and Beline.
(b) Angelique and Cleante.
(c) Beline and Cleante.
(d) Angelique and Toinette.
10. Act 2, Scene 3, what does Toinette say to Argan about his health?
(a) That he is very ill and looks it.
(b) That he is not contagious.
(c) That he is looking well.
(d) That he will soon be dead.
11. Why does Argan's brother say he has come to see him?
(a) To ask his advice.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To present a match for Angelique.
(d) To give him money.
12. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
13. In Act 1, Scene 3, who leaves the room saying "Back in a minute"?
(b) Mr. Fleurant.
14. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(b) In a month's time.
(c) During the winter solstice.
(d) In a week.
15. What relationship does Mr. Purgon accuse Beralde of interfering in?
(a) The father-daughter relationship.
(b) The brother-brother relationship.
(c) The notary-client relationship.
(d) The physician-patient relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beralde call Argan a fool?
2. How many francs does Argan have hidden in his room?
3. Why is Cleante invited to meet Angelique's fiance?
4. Who is the person taking many prescriptions?
5. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)