|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
2. Who would rather die than leave Angelique to herself?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
3. What is Argan trying to remember when he is counting?
(a) Where he hid his money.
(b) His daughters names.
(c) His doctors instructions.
(d) Who is the king of France.
4. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
(a) By exposing Thomas Diaforus faults.
(b) By advocating Cleante's virtues.
(c) By agreeing with Argan.
(d) By helping Angelique escape.
5. Who initially thinks Angelique's arranged marriage is the wisest thing Argan's ever done?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
6. What does Argan do after hearing the gypsy song?
(a) He insults his brother.
(b) He pays them for their service.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He leaves the room.
7. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(a) In a month's time.
(c) In a week.
(d) During the winter solstice.
8. How does Beralde believe that Angelique's husband should be chosen?
(a) By Beline's decision.
(b) By her fathers decision.
(c) By mutually agreed match.
(d) By a singing contest.
9. What body part does Mr. Diaforus believe that Argan's illness stems from?
(a) His heart.
(b) His spleen.
(c) His liver.
(d) His stomach.
10. What relationship does Mr. Purgon accuse Beralde of interfering in?
(a) The physician-patient relationship.
(b) The brother-brother relationship.
(c) The father-daughter relationship.
(d) The notary-client relationship.
11. In Act 2, Scene 1, why does Cleante come to Argan's home?
(a) To examine Argan.
(b) To talk to Beline.
(c) To talk to Angelique.
(d) To steal Argan's money.
12. In Act 1, Scene 10, who does Beline accuse of listening at the door?
13. Why does Beralde call Argan a fool?
(a) For hiding money in his rooms.
(b) For marrying Angelique to an idiot.
(c) For believing the obvious lies of Mr. Purgon.
(d) For putting up with Toinette's insolence.
14. Who questions Beline's reasons for threatening Angelique?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
15. What does Beline say she must do before leaving for town?
(a) Call for a taxi.
(b) Speak to Toinette.
(c) Change her clothes.
(d) Tell Argan what she has seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Bonnefoy's profession?
2. Why does Argan ask God to forgive him?
3. What is the relationship between Mr. Purgon and Mr. Fleurant?
4. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
5. This person has something important to tell Angelique toward the beginning of the play.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)