|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part does Mr. Diaforus believe that Argan's illness stems from?
(a) His spleen.
(b) His liver.
(c) His heart.
(d) His stomach.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, whom does Toinette tell to get out of the house?
3. This person arrives before Toinette can leave to find them.
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
4. How are the gypsy's dressed that accompany Beralde?
(a) As noblemen.
(b) As acrobats.
(c) In Moorish clothes.
(d) In rags.
5. As the play beings, which character does Argan chastise aloud, but is not present in the room?
(d) Mr. Fleurant.
6. To whom does Argan wish his fortune to go to upon his death?
(a) His wife.
(b) His doctor.
(c) His children.
(d) His servant.
7. The operetta performed is the story of what two people?
(a) A doctor and patient.
(b) An ugly duckling.
(c) A master and servant.
(d) A shepard and shepardess.
8. After Louison exits who visits Argan?
(b) Mr. Diaforus.
9. Which character wears a nightcap?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
10. In Act 3, Scene 2, what does Beralde make Argan promise?
(a) That he will not get excited.
(b) That he will take his prescriptions.
(c) Theat he will pay the gypsy's.
(d) That he will see the doctor.
11. What is the name of the person that beats Louison?
12. Whom does Argan ask to draw up a marriage contract?
(a) Mr. Diaforus.
(c) Mr. Bonnefoy.
13. What does Argan do after hearing the gypsy song?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He pays them for their service.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He insults his brother.
14. What does Argan accuses Mr. Purgon of?
(a) Having an affair with Beline.
(c) Plotting to steal his money.
(d) Killing him.
15. Who is scolded for aggravating Argan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cleante invited to meet Angelique's fiance?
2. Whom does Louison say was in Angelique's room?
3. Who is heard singing off stage after Argan gives his ultimatum about the impending marriage?
4. Who is told to wait with Angelique for an announcement?
5. Act 2, Scene 3, what does Toinette say to Argan about his health?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)