|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mixture does Mr. Purgon say he prepared for Argan?
(a) A mixture of untold strength.
(b) A mythical mixture.
(c) A special and extraordinary mixture.
(d) A mysterious mixture.
2. How does Argan describe his reasons for arranging Angelique's marriage?
(a) As whimsical.
(b) As necessary.
(c) As Beline's idea.
(d) As sensible.
3. Whom does Toinette see talking to themselves?
(b) Mr. Purgon.
4. Who does Beline remind Argan is rewarded in his new will?
(d) Thomas Diaforus.
5. What body part does Mr. Diaforus believe that Argan's illness stems from?
(a) His liver.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His heart.
(d) His spleen.
6. Why does Argan say he arranged for Angelique's marriage?
(a) To please Beline.
(b) To get a son-in-law useful to himself.
(c) Because it increases his wealth.
(d) Because their mother is dead.
7. Who does Beline say is only trying to do what's right?
8. Who is the person taking many prescriptions?
(c) Mr. Fleurant.
9. What is Argan adding up in the beginning of the play?
(a) Medical bills.
10. What is the name of the person that beats Louison?
11. Why does Toinette says that is is pointless to argue with Mr. Daiforus?
(a) He is speaking Latin.
(b) He is a guest.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a man.
12. How are the gypsy's dressed that accompany Beralde?
(a) In Moorish clothes.
(b) As acrobats.
(c) In rags.
(d) As noblemen.
13. Why doesn't Argan notice his daughters reaction to seeing her music teacher?
(a) He is not in the room.
(b) He is distracted by someone at the door.
(c) He is looking out the window.
(d) Angelique does not react.
14. In Act 2, Scene 1, whom does Toinette tell to get out of the house?
15. Who is the person pretending to have an ankle injury?
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
2. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
3. After Louison exits who visits Argan?
4. Whom does Louison say was in Angelique's room?
5. This person arrives before Toinette can leave to find them.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)