|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Beralde's brother?
(c) Mr. Purgon.
2. What country is the setting of the play?
3. What does Beralde believe about Argan's illnesses?
(a) They they are imaginary.
(b) That they soon will kill Argan.
(c) That they will infect Argan's household.
(d) That he will have the same illness.
4. Who states that Angelique's music master is called out of Paris?
5. How does Mr. Fleurant express his anger towards Beralde?
(a) By striking him.
(b) By threatening to tell Mr. Purgon.
(c) By remaining silent.
(d) By threatening to tell Beline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Argan tell Angelique she cannot do until the wedding ceremony?
2. Who is heard singing off stage after Argan gives his ultimatum about the impending marriage?
3. Toinette tries unsuccessfully to convince Argan of what in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is Mr. Fleurant's profession?
5. Whom does Toinette see talking to themselves?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)