|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cleante invited to meet Angelique's fiance?
(a) Music may be needed for the wedding.
(b) Because it is the polite thing to do.
(c) To play him a song.
(d) He is not invited.
2. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
(a) By exposing Thomas Diaforus faults.
(b) By advocating Cleante's virtues.
(c) By agreeing with Argan.
(d) By helping Angelique escape.
3. Who is Mr. Purgon's nephew?
(a) Mr. Fleurant.
(c) Thomas Diaforus.
4. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(a) During the winter solstice.
(c) In a month's time.
(d) In a week.
5. In Act 3, Scene 16, whom does Toinette say just arrived home and is coming to the room?
(a) Mr. Purgon
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beralde call Argan a fool?
2. In Act 3, Scene 16, to prove Beline's love, what does Toinette ask Argan to pretend?
3. What does Toinette say that Beline would never do to Argan?
4. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
5. What does Argan accuses Mr. Purgon of?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)