|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Mr. Diaforus to Argan's home?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The music teacher.
(c) Argan's doctor.
(d) His son.
2. What does Toinette say that Beline would never do to Argan?
(a) Steal his money.
(b) Have an affair.
(c) Lie to him.
(d) Set a trap for him.
3. What is the relationship between Mr. Purgon and Mr. Fleurant?
(a) Mr. Fluerant is Mr. Purgon's assistant.
(b) Mr. Purgon is Mr. Fleurant's uncle.
(c) Mr. Purgon is Mr. Fleurant's assistant.
(d) Mr. Fluerant is Mr. Purgon's uncle.
4. When does Argan say Angelique will be married?
(b) In a week.
(c) In a month's time.
(d) During the winter solstice.
5. What kind of mixture does Mr. Purgon say he prepared for Argan?
(a) A mixture of untold strength.
(b) A mythical mixture.
(c) A mysterious mixture.
(d) A special and extraordinary mixture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beralde call Argan a fool?
2. In Act Three, Scene Six, what warning does Mr. Purgon issue to Argan regarding his health?
3. Why is Cleante invited to meet Angelique's fiance?
4. How does Toinette plan to help Angelique marry Cleante?
5. Why doesn't Argan notice his daughters reaction to seeing her music teacher?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)