Act 1, Scene 1 | Act 1, Scene 2
* Argan is totaling his medical bills and is not happy with what he finds.
* Argan's servant Toinette, enters and their relationship is demonstrated.
Act 1, Scene 3 | Act 1, Scene 4
* Argan's daughter Angelique joins Toinette. Argan tells them that he has something to say, but then leaves the room abruptly.
* Angelique and Toinette discuss Angelique's new love in secret.
Act 1, Scene 5 | Act 1, Scene 6
* Argan announces that he has arranged for Angelique's marriage and she is initially excited, thinking he is speaking of her new love. Angelique and Argan have different husbands in mind.
* Angelique is heart broken and Toinette scolds Argan for being so selfish.
* Argan's wife Beline appears and Argan ask for her help with his daughter.
* Beline soothes Argan by indulging him and catering to his illnesses.
Act 1, Scene 7 | Act 1, Scene 8
* Beline admits to agreeing with Toinette regarding the marriage, but scolds Toinette for making...
This section contains 1,637 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)