|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In a tent on the base
(b) In an apartment with Bates
(c) In his office
(d) In the barracks
2. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) In a make shift jail
(b) They are forced to stay awake
(c) Tied to a tree
(d) On the ground bound together by ropes
3. Which other character was able to obtain a job at LZ Gator as a typist with O'Brien?
4. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(b) A place to rest
(d) Viet Cong
5. What does the term fragged mean?
(a) To give jobs to only whites
(b) Racist individual
(c) A white soldier who is promoted
(d) Killed mysteriously in battle or by another soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
2. How much are the refugees paid for each death?
3. What surrounds the perimeter of the refugee camp on the lagoon side?
4. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
5. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Brien feel about himself?
2. O'Brien seems to like to enjoy what type of reading?
3. Why are the soldiers so angry?
4. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
5. What similarity to the soldiers' situation does the Captain draw for the scout?
6. What does O'Brien say ruins a man's psyche?
7. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
8. Why is the white first sergeant fragged?
9. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
10. How have things changed for Alpha Company?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)