|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for treacherous as used in the following sentence?
The coral reefs and sandy beaches are a treacherous paradise.
2. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
3. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
4. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
(a) Heart attack
(b) Ongoing weight problem
(c) Bursting blood vessels on his face
(d) Migraine headaches
5. Which of the following characters replaces Captain Johansen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
2. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
3. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
4. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
5. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the white first sergeant fragged?
2. What surprised the soldiers about the way the female Viet Cong soldier died?
3. O'Brien seems to like to enjoy what type of reading?
4. How does O'Brien feel about himself?
5. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
6. What is the major difference between Captain Johansen and Mad Mark as O'Brien sees it?
7. What does O'Brien say ruins a man's psyche?
8. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
9. How would you classify Major Callicles mental state?
10. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)