|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
(a) Hunting for food
(b) Hiding in their huts
(c) Sewing clothing for the soldiers
(d) Cleaning and cooking fish
2. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
(a) Injured Viet Cong female soldier
(b) Safe place to rest for the night
(c) Previously unknown of beach
(d) Hidden mine field
3. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) On the ground bound together by ropes
(b) Tied to a tree
(c) In a make shift jail
(d) They are forced to stay awake
4. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
5. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In an apartment with Bates
(b) In his office
(c) In the barracks
(d) In a tent on the base
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
2. O'Brien believes that Johansen is the perfect guard for what?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence? The Captain mocks his fear.
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence? They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
5. What is Alpha Company assigned to protect on the beaches of a lagoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
2. Why is the white first sergeant fragged?
3. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
4. When do the men of the village go fishing?
5. What surprised the soldiers about the way the female Viet Cong soldier died?
6. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
7. What similarity to the soldiers' situation does the Captain draw for the scout?
8. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
9. Why are the soldiers so angry?
10. How does O'Brien feel about his new job?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)