|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pinkville referred to by this name?
(a) A derogatory term for the people that live here
(b) Areas on military maps are shaded pink
(c) The soil is pink in this region
(d) There is much blood here because so many have been killed
2. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
(a) Away Without Leave
(b) Away While on Leave
(c) Absent While on Leave
(d) Absent Without Leave
3. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
4. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
(a) Thirty soldiers killed in one hour
(b) O'Brien gets a leave pass
(c) A racial crime
(d) Men led into a mine field
5. Which area of Vietnam is one of the most heavily mined areas?
(a) Batangan Peninsula
(b) My Lai
(d) My Khe
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
2. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about Captain Johansen?
3. O'Brien believes that Johansen is the perfect guard for what?
4. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
5. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Major Callicles try to humiliate O'Brien?
2. Why are the soldiers so angry?
3. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
4. Why is the white first sergeant fragged?
5. How would you classify Major Callicles mental state?
6. What is the major difference between Captain Johansen and Mad Mark as O'Brien sees it?
7. What happens to the old men after they are tied to the tree all night?
8. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
9. What surprised the soldiers about the way the female Viet Cong soldier died?
10. How does O'Brien feel about himself?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)