|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(d) Operates in small groups
2. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
(a) M-14 anti-personnel mines
(b) Booby-trapped mortar rounds
(c) Bouncing Betty
(d) Soviet TMB
3. What does O'Brien acquire just after Alpha Company gets a new commander?
(a) Letter from Erik
(b) 3-day pass
(c) Bottle of wine
(d) New job
4. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
(c) Scoffed at
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
(b) Bring to a standstill
(c) Inability to move and think
(d) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers take vengeance?
2. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
3. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
4. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
5. Which of the following describes how the female Viet Cong soldier died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Major Callicles try to humiliate O'Brien?
2. Why are the soldiers bitter?
3. How have things changed for Alpha Company?
4. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
5. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
6. How does the Vietnamese scout feel about the soldiers for which he is scouting?
7. O'Brien seems to like to enjoy what type of reading?
8. What does chapter twelve illustrate about the character of the soldiers in Vietnam?
9. What surprised the soldiers about the way the female Viet Cong soldier died?
10. Why is the white first sergeant fragged?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)