|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(b) Changing constantly
2. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
3. For what event is Major Callicles asked to leave the base camp permanently?
(a) Burning down a brothel
(c) Harassing the soldiers
(d) Taking Drugs
4. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(a) Mine field
(c) Barbed wire
(d) Flag pole
5. Pinkville used to be a what?
(b) Population center
(d) Popular beach
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
3. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
5. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
2. What does chapter twelve illustrate about the character of the soldiers in Vietnam?
3. What does O'Brien say ruins a man's psyche?
4. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
5. Why are the soldiers bitter?
6. Why is the white first sergeant fragged?
7. O'Brien seems to like to enjoy what type of reading?
8. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
9. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
10. What surprised the soldiers about the way the female Viet Cong soldier died?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)