|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
(b) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(c) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
(d) Run into a mine field
2. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(b) Changing constantly
3. Which of the following is O'Brien's boss at camp LZ Gator?
(a) Mad Mark
(b) Major Callicles
(c) Captain Smith
(d) Captain Johansen
4. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
(a) Absent While on Leave
(b) Absent Without Leave
(c) Away Without Leave
(d) Away While on Leave
5. Which area of Vietnam is one of the most heavily mined areas?
(a) Batangan Peninsula
(b) My Lai
(c) My Khe
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
2. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
3. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
4. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
5. What practice seems to afford the soldiers some protection from nighttime Viet Cong attacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
2. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
3. What does O'Brien say ruins a man's psyche?
4. How does O'Brien feel about his new job?
5. Why are the soldiers so angry?
6. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
7. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
8. What similarity to the soldiers' situation does the Captain draw for the scout?
9. How have things changed for Alpha Company?
10. What surprised the soldiers about the way the female Viet Cong soldier died?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)