|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
(c) Scoffed at
2. Which other character was able to obtain a job at LZ Gator as a typist with O'Brien?
3. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
(b) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(c) Run into a mine field
(d) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
4. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
(a) Hunting for food
(b) Hiding in their huts
(c) Cleaning and cooking fish
(d) Sewing clothing for the soldiers
5. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
(a) Not true courage
(c) Showing an inability to follow through
(d) A sign of weakness
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best antonym to the term lewd?
2. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
3. What practice seems to afford the soldiers some protection from nighttime Viet Cong attacks?
4. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
5. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the old men after they are tied to the tree all night?
2. What does O'Brien say ruins a man's psyche?
3. O'Brien seems to like to enjoy what type of reading?
4. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
5. What does chapter twelve illustrate about the character of the soldiers in Vietnam?
6. What is the major difference between Captain Johansen and Mad Mark as O'Brien sees it?
7. When do the men of the village go fishing?
8. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
9. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
10. Why does Major Callicles try to humiliate O'Brien?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)