|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(b) Changing constantly
2. Which other character was able to obtain a job at LZ Gator as a typist with O'Brien?
3. What do the men of Alpha Company use to fight the constant fear?
4. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(a) Barbed wire
(b) Mine field
(c) Flag pole
5. Which area of Vietnam is one of the most heavily mined areas?
(a) My Lai
(b) Batangan Peninsula
(d) My Khe
Short Answer Questions
1. For what event is Major Callicles asked to leave the base camp permanently?
2. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence? They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
4. What does the term fragged mean?
5. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the old men after they are tied to the tree all night?
2. O'Brien seems to like to enjoy what type of reading?
3. Why is the white first sergeant fragged?
4. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
5. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
6. How does O'Brien feel about his new job?
7. What similarity to the soldiers' situation does the Captain draw for the scout?
8. Why does Major Callicles try to humiliate O'Brien?
9. What does chapter twelve illustrate about the character of the soldiers in Vietnam?
10. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)