|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
2. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(a) Operates in small groups
3. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) Working with Erik
(b) Planting mines
(c) With Captain Johansen
(d) At a base camp in the rear
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term sycophantic?
(a) Back stabbing
5. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other character was able to obtain a job at LZ Gator as a typist with O'Brien?
2. What surrounds the perimeter of the refugee camp on the lagoon side?
3. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
4. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
5. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Major Callicles try to humiliate O'Brien?
2. Why are the soldiers so angry?
3. What does chapter twelve illustrate about the character of the soldiers in Vietnam?
4. How would you classify Major Callicles mental state?
5. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
6. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
7. How does the Vietnamese scout feel about the soldiers for which he is scouting?
8. Why are the soldiers bitter?
9. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
10. What surprised the soldiers about the way the female Viet Cong soldier died?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)