|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
(a) Wisdom of character is most important
(b) Courage is more than being in charge
(c) Courage without wisdom is not true courage
(d) Laches makes him the perfect Platonic Republic soldier
2. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
(a) President Kennedy's assassination
(b) Trojans losing Hector
(c) Vietnam War
(d) Overthrow of a king
3. In what do the Viet Cong hide the booby-trapped grenades?
(b) Tin cans
(d) Under thatched huts floors
4. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(a) Changing constantly
5. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does O'Brien say that bitterness sets in for soldiers?
2. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
3. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
4. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
5. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)