|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
2. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(b) Operates in small groups
3. Which other character was able to obtain a job at LZ Gator as a typist with O'Brien?
4. What surrounds the perimeter of the refugee camp on the lagoon side?
(c) Barbed water
(d) Artillery rounds
5. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
(a) Heart attack
(b) Bursting blood vessels on his face
(c) Ongoing weight problem
(d) Migraine headaches
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
2. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
3. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence? The Captain mocks his fear.
5. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Brien feel about his new job?
2. How does O'Brien feel about himself?
3. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
4. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
5. What similarity to the soldiers' situation does the Captain draw for the scout?
6. O'Brien seems to like to enjoy what type of reading?
7. What does chapter twelve illustrate about the character of the soldiers in Vietnam?
8. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
9. What surprised the soldiers about the way the female Viet Cong soldier died?
10. How does the Vietnamese scout feel about the soldiers for which he is scouting?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)