|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
(b) Radio man
(d) Munitions expert
2. How do the soldiers take vengeance?
(a) Setting fire to villages
(b) Setting up their own mine fields
(c) Hiding in the jungle
(d) Raping any women
3. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
4. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(a) Barbed wire
(b) Mine field
(d) Flag pole
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
2. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
3. In which part of her body had she been shot?
4. For what event is Major Callicles asked to leave the base camp permanently?
5. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have things changed for Alpha Company?
2. Why does Major Callicles try to humiliate O'Brien?
3. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
4. What happens to the old men after they are tied to the tree all night?
5. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
6. When do the men of the village go fishing?
7. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
8. What is the major difference between Captain Johansen and Mad Mark as O'Brien sees it?
9. How would you classify Major Callicles mental state?
10. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)