|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term fragged mean?
(a) To give jobs to only whites
(b) Killed mysteriously in battle or by another soldier
(c) Racist individual
(d) A white soldier who is promoted
2. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about Captain Johansen?
3. Which area of Vietnam is one of the most heavily mined areas?
(a) My Lai
(c) My Khe
(d) Batangan Peninsula
4. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
(c) Mad Mark
(d) Captain Johansen
5. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(a) A place to rest
(d) Viet Cong
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
2. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
3. Which of the following is the best antonym to the term lewd?
4. What consumes Major Callicles?
5. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
2. What does chapter twelve illustrate about the character of the soldiers in Vietnam?
3. What does Alpha Company do for protection at night?
4. Why does Major Callicles try to humiliate O'Brien?
5. O'Brien seems to like to enjoy what type of reading?
6. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
7. What similarity to the soldiers' situation does the Captain draw for the scout?
8. What does O'Brien say ruins a man's psyche?
9. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
10. How does the Vietnamese scout feel about the soldiers for which he is scouting?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)