|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(a) Operates in small groups
2. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
3. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
(b) Scoffed at
4. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
(a) Taking a 3-day leave
(c) Attending a strip tease
5. What surrounds the perimeter of the refugee camp on the lagoon side?
(a) Artillery rounds
(b) Barbed water
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
2. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
3. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
4. What do the men of Alpha Company use to fight the constant fear?
5. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do the men of the village go fishing?
2. How does O'Brien feel about himself?
3. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
4. What similarity to the soldiers' situation does the Captain draw for the scout?
5. What does O'Brien say ruins a man's psyche?
6. How does O'Brien feel about his new job?
7. How have things changed for Alpha Company?
8. How does the Vietnamese scout feel about the soldiers for which he is scouting?
9. How would you classify Major Callicles mental state?
10. What happens to the old men after they are tied to the tree all night?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)