|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Inability to move and think
(b) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
(c) Bring to a standstill
(d) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
2. How do the soldiers take vengeance?
(a) Hiding in the jungle
(b) Setting fire to villages
(c) Raping any women
(d) Setting up their own mine fields
3. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
(a) Captain Johansen
(b) Mad Mark
4. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
(a) Bouncing Betty
(b) Booby-trapped grenades
(c) M-14 anti-personnel mine
(d) Booby-trapped mortar
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(d) Operates in small groups
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
2. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
4. How do the prisoners sleep?
5. For what event is Major Callicles asked to leave the base camp permanently?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)