|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alpha Company find a Viet Cong rifle?
(a) On a dead soldier
(d) Mine field
2. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
(a) Booby-trapped grenades
(b) Booby-trapped mortar
(c) M-14 anti-personnel mine
(d) Bouncing Betty
3. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(b) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
(c) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
(d) Run into a mine field
4. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
(a) Captain Johansen
(c) Mad Mark
5. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(a) A place to rest
(b) Viet Cong
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence? They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
2. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
3. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
4. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
5. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the white first sergeant fragged?
2. What event does O'Brien tell Erik he witnessed recently in the letter he sends him?
3. What accident occurs which kills or injures dozens of refugees?
4. How does O'Brien feel about his new job?
5. How have things changed for Alpha Company?
6. When do the men of the village go fishing?
7. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
8. Why can't the soldiers easily recognize the enemy?
9. Why does Major Callicles try to humiliate O'Brien?
10. How does the Vietnamese scout feel about the soldiers for which he is scouting?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)